Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30  All

Author Topic: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Game over)  (Read 67645 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2018, 08:18:12 pm »

Vote: lekkit is fine, there just aren't enough votes there. But let's see. Come on people! Wagon it up.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2018, 08:18:58 pm »

Bed time now. Will try to be awake just before the deadline. I'm not super-keen on the theorel wagon just because the stuff they've been posting seems okay to me, but I haven't played with them before (have I?), so I have no typical behaviour with which to compare it. As a verbose and detail-oriented person, I feel like over-explanation isn't necessarily something that's scummy.

I'd be willing to fo to Robz, I think -- his wagon-hopping doesn't feel like it's got much genuine opinion behind it. Lots of people don't seem to be saying a lot, though. Let's go with vote: Lekkit while I sleep.

Why Lekkit when you just said you could go for Robz?

PPE: Okay Robz, you too. Why Lekkit?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2018, 08:44:33 pm »

Because we have to lynch someone and he's a huge lurker. Why not Lekkit?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2018, 08:45:36 pm »

I feel like lurking would just be a super duper easy way to win as a mime.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2018, 09:12:40 pm »

silverspawn should be looked at again.
Iknow I sound like a broken record but just saying... he is not a mime right. I mean I think we can kind of agree on that.
So if mime is off the table... mafia or town... if town, then VT for sure, why risk it with a PR. So we mislynch a VT or find mafia.

can I keep on this? is anyone thinking they can get on board this with me?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2018, 09:28:55 pm »

Bed time now. Will try to be awake just before the deadline. I'm not super-keen on the theorel wagon just because the stuff they've been posting seems okay to me, but I haven't played with them before (have I?), so I have no typical behaviour with which to compare it. As a verbose and detail-oriented person, I feel like over-explanation isn't necessarily something that's scummy.

I'd be willing to fo to Robz, I think -- his wagon-hopping doesn't feel like it's got much genuine opinion behind it. Lots of people don't seem to be saying a lot, though. Let's go with vote: Lekkit while I sleep.

I really don't like this post.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2018, 09:50:46 pm »

Because he's a huge lurker and his lynch tells us nothing. Also, RR has a good point.

I really don't like this post.

Same.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2018, 10:35:30 pm »

Because he's a huge lurker and his lynch tells us nothing. Also, RR has a good point.
[/quote]
I disagree with this.  Lynching him gets us less interaction-based information, but realistically I find the interaction-based information to be minimally useful generally. In this game in particular there has been very little interaction...even among active players.  I mean seriously end of day1, and some people are barely breaking double-digit post counts...we have a hand full of people that have even stated reads beyond 1 or maybe 2 others.

I haven't played mafia since probably like mafia 30-something (except subbing into 111).  Outside of 111 I think Robz and Lekkit are the only people I've played with? Including 111 I've played with Datswan, IDPTG, and kind of Joseph (he was mislynched before I joined).

Anyways, that's it for me.

I need to look over the wagon on me...because I think my actions were clearly pro-town, and so I think some scum is in there.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2018, 10:48:55 pm »

Don't like the contents of this post or its conclusion to vote RR, who has been a pretty good voice of towniness thus far.

temporary vote: theorel But slightly dependent on the answer to the question below:

Theorel, are you familiar with RR and his meta? I feel like I don't know much about you.
Okay, I can see if I don't know RR's meta that my vote might be off-place.  But "a pretty good voice of towniness"?  Are you following the same game as me?
He pointed out the "dangers of L-1 because mimes"...and how we really shouldn't lynch either mime if we can avoid it.
That's like the sum total of his contributions to this game.  No scum-hunting to speak of, no reads, a weak vote on someone who had already pulled a wagon.  I mean okay, if that's his thing, that's his thing...but yeah...this really seems like a false town-read from The_Wine_Merchant, on someone who is probably normally mislynched (if I had to guess based on the familiarity with meta question).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2018, 10:52:34 pm »

So... we going to lynch somebody?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2018, 10:57:55 pm »

Don't like the contents of this post or its conclusion to vote RR, who has been a pretty good voice of towniness thus far.

temporary vote: theorel But slightly dependent on the answer to the question below:

Theorel, are you familiar with RR and his meta? I feel like I don't know much about you.
Okay, I can see if I don't know RR's meta that my vote might be off-place.  But "a pretty good voice of towniness"?  Are you following the same game as me?
He pointed out the "dangers of L-1 because mimes"...and how we really shouldn't lynch either mime if we can avoid it.
That's like the sum total of his contributions to this game.  No scum-hunting to speak of, no reads, a weak vote on someone who had already pulled a wagon.  I mean okay, if that's his thing, that's his thing...but yeah...this really seems like a false town-read from The_Wine_Merchant, on someone who is probably normally mislynched (if I had to guess based on the familiarity with meta question).
I guess mostly, RR is, or at least historically was an easy mislynch, and an easy target for scum to try and get mislynched, especially for newer players. I am wondering how much you know of that and it seems like not much. But you fall into a gray area of not knowing him, but also not being new.

I think I am following the same game as you. I have a unique perspective in that I haven't been following, but just barely read all the posts at once in sequence for the first time and I saw a couple of posts that RR had that sounded reasonable. At this point that is very much "a pretty good voice of towniness" especially for RR.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2018, 10:59:06 pm »

So... we going to lynch somebody?

99.999% sure this doesn't go to a no-lynch.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2018, 11:02:03 pm »

Okay, well I don't know what time it is for you but for me it's almost bedtime and I'd like to know where I should leave my vote.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2018, 11:03:52 pm »

Day ends soon?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2018, 11:06:39 pm »

Okay, well I don't know what time it is for you but for me it's almost bedtime and I'd like to know where I should leave my vote.

Oh, I'm almost leaving too. We just don't need to get 7 votes on someone to get a lynch through.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2018, 11:06:55 pm »

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2018, 11:09:29 pm »

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2018, 11:10:00 pm »

Okay people voting for me in the last little while (Robz didn't feel comfortable leaving me at L-1, I guess)
Robz: His wagon-hopping is severe.  I think he's been on and off of me twice already.  But he reads to me as confused town rather than scum.  Also, scum seldom push lurker lynches, they'd rather kill active town if possible.  Also also, I've definitely tried to be more provocative this game, and I can see how Robz might read that as being "off" (long posts with excessive reasoning, though? that's on-meta for me).

The_Wine_Merchant: confused defense of RoadRunner, with a vote that says it could come off if I don't know rr's meta.  This reads scummy to me...he's been severely inactive, and let's face it this game is not hard to keep up with.  But if he had daychat with someone talkative...I could see him being scum easily.

Roadrunner: I still think his vote on me was scummy, really more for timing than anything else, although the lack of argument is not doing him favors.  He's also the one who suggested silver's mime-gambit must be mime-or-scum, which I completely disagree with.

silverspawn: I still think the mime-gambit was townie...I'm surprised that he's voting for me for caution, I've definitely been less cautious this game than normal.  I mean, in what world was voting for silver because of an expressed town-read "cautious"?

Awaclus: I don't even know how I know that Awaclus is inscrutable, but yeah...I'm gonna cautiously say town-read here.

Joseph: His reaction is exactly the reaction I would expect from town for my terrible silver-vote.  Which probably means that vote was bad play, but yeah towniest player on my wagon.

Bonus Reads:
Datswan reads a bit scummy for harping on silver.  Biased of course by my town-read on silver.
Lekkit is super-lurker extraordinaire.  I'm going to vote: Lekkit since that seems like my best hope of surviving.

But at least if I die you now have my reads to ignore for the rest of the game :)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2018, 11:17:09 pm »

Oh, I'm almost leaving too. We just don't need to get 7 votes on someone to get a lynch through.

LOL I'm an idiot.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2018, 11:21:23 pm »

Well, anyways, maybe somebody will switch their vote and I'll live...more likely I'm dead.  If I do die, I will put on record that I'm amused that I managed to get mislynched in a game with at least 3 historically easy day-1 mislynches (silver, joseph, and rr if I understand correctly), and 2 mimes that actively want to be lynched.
I think this may even be my first day-1 lynch ever?

I'm out though, see you guys tomorrow if I'm alive.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2018, 11:24:16 pm »

The good news is I definitely don't think theorel is a mime. He could be mafia, or town, in my opinion.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2018, 11:44:43 pm »

LOL I'm an idiot.
Me too since I don't know what you are talking about.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2018, 11:45:06 pm »

Oh. Duh.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2018, 12:01:33 am »

space seems more scummy to me than lek at present but i've heard lek is harder to read and space i feel i can sort with time
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2018, 12:09:15 am »

Vote count anyone?
Plz
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30  All

Page created in 1.52 seconds with 20 queries.