Dominion > Simulation

Testing Big Money Ultimate

<< < (2/3) > >>

2.71828.....:
Tell me when you guys are doing this, I volunteer to play against the BMU player.

dedicateddan:

--- Quote from: 2.71828..... on December 06, 2017, 12:48:15 am ---Tell me when you guys are doing this, I volunteer to play against the BMU player.

--- End quote ---

Markus was suggesting that I test BMU with him ... on my main account :)

enfynet:
You might get accused of sandbagging

Chris is me:
A few things:

1. If you play people who know you are playing BMU from before the opening buy, that’s a significant amount of information that informs their strategy. Granted, a lot of the time the Silver Silver opening just gives that away and adjustments are quickly made, but still.

2. If you seek out opponents from this forum, your sample is going to be influenced by the relative strength of a forum-goer vs other players.

In any case, I’m still interested in seeing this data.

I’m also interested in seeing how a more adaptive money player does on the ladder, using terminal draw or other enablers, but that’s harder to automate and even hard to do manually. (It’s SO easy to just absentmindedly move toward an engine...)

Limetime:

--- Quote from: Chris is me on December 06, 2017, 08:14:24 am ---A few things:

1. If you play people who know you are playing BMU from before the opening buy, that’s a significant amount of information that informs their strategy. Granted, a lot of the time the Silver Silver opening just gives that away and adjustments are quickly made, but still.

2. If you seek out opponents from this forum, your sample is going to be influenced by the relative strength of a forum-goer vs other players.

--- End quote ---
This is countered by the fact that Big Money Ultimate matches against under 45 players the vast majority of the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version