Dominion > Simulation

Testing Big Money Ultimate

(1/3) > >>

dedicateddan:
Bots are often benchmarked against Big Money Ultimate (BMU), and I'm interested in how BMU performs in ladder matches.

In an initial set of 10 games, the strategy went 1.5-8.5. Attacks hurt a lot, but around half of the games were close.

To get reasonable statistics, I'd like to play around 100 games total. If you'd like to pitch in a few games, shoot me a message me on discord.

For reference, the BMU buy rules are:
- PROVINCE
- DUCHY when provinces left <= 5
- ESTATE when provinces left <= 2
- GOLD
- SILVER

JW:
What is a ladder match?

Awaclus:

--- Quote from: JW on December 05, 2017, 10:47:46 am ---What is a ladder match?

--- End quote ---

A rated game.

JW:
So I take it that you want to play a bunch of rated games against (random) human opponents using BMU to see what rating a bot with this strategy would attain?

Presumably you don't have a subscription for the test account. So given the low expected ranking of the BMU strategy, you'll see mainly base-only games. But if you have a Gold subscription for this account, you'll presumably be playing against lots of players for whom many of the cards are new. So then the results may not reflect those player's skill but rather their unfamiliarity with the cards (the first game I played with Doctor, I tried to use the on-play to trigger Tunnels...). I'd expect that against players who know all of the cards, BMU gets quite a bit weaker with the Gold subscription in part because ignoring events (Donate!), landmarks (Bandit Fort!), and alternate sources of VP (Colony!) often nearly assures defeat.

dedicateddan:
Yes.

The idea is to see what ranking BMU corresponds to on the shuffle IT leaderboard. The "Big Money Ultimate" account doesn't have a subscription, so it will be mostly base games.

This can serve as an approximate anchor between bot-on-bot matches and the shuffle IT leaderboard. Any new bots that we create will play a number of games against the BMU bot to initialize their expected ranking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version