Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (GAME OVER - EVIL PLAYERS WIN)  (Read 129065 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (Day 2)
« Reply #975 on: January 06, 2018, 05:52:42 am »

I think town!O blocks me 90-93% of the time.

You said earlier in this game (I'll dig it up in a second) the exact same thing with me instead of you. What are you doing this game ash ?

This is town!O.

vote: o

He def targets Tep a fair amount of the time.

Hm, I thought it also had a ridiculous percentage, but still.

This is scum!O (hence the vote).
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 06, 2018, 05:56:27 am »

Ok. Why would town!O target you specifically ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 06, 2018, 06:31:28 am »

Hey everybody, good to be back.
I've been feeling like I wanted to play Mafia for a few weeks, and lightly following recent games (including this one), so I'm conveniently already caught-up, though I may have skimmed a few things.  I may try to go back over stuff at some point, but no promises.
I think O, Teproc, and Galzria all seem townie based on what's happened today so far. I can see Galz's proposed scum-narrative for O, I just don't think it's correct.  I think before he really fleshed it out, it seemed super far-fetched to me, but O conveniently had several votes, which made his wagon tempting for scum.  And DatSwan joined that wagon, at that time, with false reasoning (self-admitted trying to convince oneself).  This makes DatSwan my top scum-read at the moment.

Other things going on: mcmc v. Robz.  mcmc has compelling arguments, which gives me a slight scum-read on Robz, but enough other people seem to think that mcmc is good enough as scum to pull that off.
I will note that mcmc's reasoning-to-Robz about lynching him if he's active is bad.  Although it's true that we have an extra non-death situation that could not harm town, due to numbers, it could also super-help town.  In odd-count games, a successful protection doesn't buy you an extra day...here it would.  So, even if Robz is active, and was willing to be lynched, it would not IMO be to town's benefit.  Besides which, a policy-lynch grants so little information.  With that, mcmc comes off a little scummy for suggesting it, but not overwhelmingly so.

There's some other people in the game, and it's good not to lose track of people.  Gkrieg, I read as scum day1, but have since glanced at another of his games where I also read him as scum, and he was town (I think this happened, and I'm not just attributing day2 stuff).  Given how day2 has gone so far he seems townie to me.  IDontPlayThisGame is in this game...nothing stands out, I can see scum here.  ash was LA for a bit, I think?  He seems less of a driving force in this game than I'm used to...but that's a couple years old meta-read.  I'm going to stick with neutral there.  Eevee is a weak town-read, gut-feeling.  EFHW is a null-read at this point.

tl;dr
Scum-read:
DatSwan (vote: DatSwan)
Slight Scum:
IDPTG, mcmc, Robz
Neutral:
ash, Eevee, EFHW
Town:
O, Teproc, Galzria, Gkrieg

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 06, 2018, 07:09:54 am »

Because Town!O thinks I’m scum and would be utterly convinced he’s right.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 06, 2018, 07:13:29 am »

Because Town!O thinks I’m scum and would be utterly convinced he’s right.

Had O expressed suspicion of you D1 or do you generally think town!O suspects you ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 06, 2018, 07:15:04 am »

Also hi theorel, thanks for replacing (and for having good reads, though I'm not entirely sold on Galz being town yet... I do agree that his view of the O/me/gkrieg thing is less unreasonable than I believed earlier... still wrong though), or on gkrieg for that matter. I do think mcmc is town though.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 06, 2018, 08:12:35 am »

I was trying to convince myself it was O.
It’s either Teproc and players x or maybe Teproc and O but I’m not voting anyone but Teproc today. Eevee go read stuff. You are on the nut low rn.

<b>vote:Teproc<\b>

Join me Town.
What makes you think (and be so sure) it’s teproc?

What makes you so sure i am skum?
I’m not really sure at all, I rarely give high confidence in any mafia reads that are purely based on posts in thread, not any role interactions, but you are my top scumread because to me it looks like you are pushing bad arguments and flailing.

ash’s point about townO being likelier makes sense to me. Not enough to reverse my reads on them just yet, but something to keep in mind. (If this is confusing to someone, ash and O have been feuding over playstyle disagreements in a couple recent games.)

@Great to have you here, theorel! It’s been a while.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 06, 2018, 09:15:59 am »

ash’s point about townO being likelier makes sense to me. Not enough to reverse my reads on them just yet, but something to keep in mind. (If this is confusing to someone, ash and O have been feuding over playstyle disagreements in a couple recent games.)

O was disputing this day1.  He claims he only played M100 with ash, and in that game ash was in fact scum.  I glanced over sign-ups for regular games from M94+, and there's no games with both ash and O signed up.
O did claim some level of scum-read on ash d1 here (the whole ash-Robz scumteam thing), but it reads rather facetious to me.  I'm having trouble seeing why town!O necessarily targets ash.  This seems like an over-reaction from ash to me rather than a reasonable argument.  i.e. ash thinks O's scum-read on him is super-strong in spite of only minor comments.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 06, 2018, 09:25:18 am »

Wait, doesn't ash think O is scum ? I'm confused.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 06, 2018, 10:07:45 am »

I think town!O blocks me 90-93% of the time.
Not with your current role.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 06, 2018, 10:08:48 am »

As far as I can tell, asssuming ash and O are town:
O has a slight scum-read on ash.  (and more particularly had a slight scum-read on ash yesterday).
ash has a strong scum-read on O.

ash's stated argument for why O is scum is: if O were town O would have blocked him, because hypothetically-town O had a super-strong scum read on him. 
I am stating that I do not think that a town!O has shown a strong scum-read on ash.  That ash has over-reacted to O's stated reads, and that O has also stated that the supposed meta-game argument (O always reads ash as scum) doesn't hold water.

potentially useful quote-stack:
idk guys he kinda sounds like he wants to be lynched

who am i to deny that pleasure

O, I’ve been expecting your vote since sign ups.  You have a personal issue with me and I have no idea why.

when have I even tried to kill you except in m100 when you were scum

Is it possible that O has posted scum-reads of ash in speccy threads?  Both ash and eevee have claimed that O has had multiple play-style disagreements with ash lately...but they've only had 1 game together recently (as far as I can tell).  I don't think this kind of easily-refuted falsehood is intentional, I think it's a misunderstanding/misremembering.  I'd like to see better arguments from ash, and him to push whatever these biases are aside so that he can scum-hunt better, since ash is good at picking out scum generally.  Of course, this could all be ash trying to pick out scum, and my reasoned defense could be spoiling that, and if so, I apologize.  But, so far I don't see anything productive coming from it.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 06, 2018, 10:17:07 am »

Wait, doesn't ash think O is scum ? I'm confused.
He thinks that town!O would have targeted him, so this must be scum!O.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 06, 2018, 10:32:09 am »

vote: Datswan

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 06, 2018, 11:02:49 am »

It’s lrobably partially due to her subbing in, but i feel i don’t have a very good handle on what efhw is thinking about the players or events of the game. Same for chairs, but he also hasn’t been posting much.

small things: i also don’t see mcmc targeting robz n1 as an alignment-indicator, and i think o is slightly more likely to make the setup mistake as town.

I haven't formed any strong scum reads. Here's my list from towny to scummy:

EFHW > Teproc, mcmc, theorel > Eevee, gkrieg, IDPTG, Robz, O > Galz, ash, DatSwan

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 06, 2018, 11:14:57 am »

Quick Vote Count...

Teproc (1?): DatSwan?
O (2(3?)): ashersky, Galzria, DatSwan?
Robz888 (1): mcmcsalot
Galzria (1): O
ashersky(1): IDontPlayThisGame
DatSwan(5): Teproc, Robz888, Eevee, theorel, gkrieg

Not Voting (1): EFHW

(Datswan voted with <b> tags, not sure if that counts.)

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: January 06, 2018, 11:37:04 am »

90-93% is more a meme than an actual percentage. Take it seriously if you want to, but to me it's nonsense.

I defiitely support the DatSwan wagon, but I'm not sure I want to put him to L-1 yet.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 06, 2018, 11:42:29 am »

90-93% is more a meme than an actual percentage. Take it seriously if you want to, but to me it's nonsense.

I defiitely support the DatSwan wagon, but I'm not sure I want to put him to L-1 yet.

Don't really think this abundance of caution is warranted because 1) this has been an extra long day 2) it's the weekend 3) you forgot to vote at all at the end of Day 1 and we nearly No Lynched
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 06, 2018, 11:52:59 am »

Don't really think this abundance of caution is warranted because 1) this has been an extra long day 2) it's the weekend 3) you forgot to vote at all at the end of Day 1 and we nearly No Lynched

Are you trying to goad me into voting?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 06, 2018, 12:05:58 pm »

Are you trying to goad me into voting?

Uh, yes?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (N0)
« Reply #994 on: January 06, 2018, 12:34:31 pm »

Vote Count 2.7

O (3): ashersky, Galzria, DatSwan
Robz888 (1): mcmcsalot
Galzria (1): O
ashersky(1): IDontPlayThisGame
DatSwan(5): Teproc, Robz888, Eevee, theorel, gkrieg13

Not Voting (1): EFHW
With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 will end January 8th at 7:00 PM

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 06, 2018, 01:19:28 pm »

vote: Datswan

Don't particularly think he's scum, but he's definitely been more off-than-on in the past 24 hours.

More than that though, the numbers aren't here for an O lynch, I'm much less inclined towards a Teproc lynch than I was before, and nobody else has much of a case against them.

My concern with Swan is that almost nobody has defended him, and almost everybody has expressed willingness to vote him. Now, expressing willingness and voting are not the same thing, but still.

Also, it's the weekend, and I don't know what my availability will look like over the next 48 hours.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 06, 2018, 01:27:59 pm »

O was disputing this day1.  He claims he only played M100 with ash, and in that game ash was in fact scum.  I glanced over sign-ups for regular games from M94+, and there's no games with both ash and O signed up.
O did claim some level of scum-read on ash d1 here (the whole ash-Robz scumteam thing), but it reads rather facetious to me.  I'm having trouble seeing why town!O necessarily targets ash.  This seems like an over-reaction from ash to me rather than a reasonable argument.  i.e. ash thinks O's scum-read on him is super-strong in spite of only minor comments.

Oh thank god someone is finally able to tell when I’m joking (or at least not super serious) around here. I thought I had lost my ability to communicate completely.

I wonder if it’s because of history or just arbitrary

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 06, 2018, 01:33:18 pm »

Intent to hammer in 4-5 hours, sooner if people want me to ( I doubt it)

Still prefer gals and him jumping on the wagon L-1 is off to me

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 06, 2018, 01:36:04 pm »

Could just as easily be a bus as a scum vote for town I guess. Or gals is town and our flailing at each other will look pretty stupid in retrospect

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 06, 2018, 01:38:08 pm »

Could just as easily be a bus as a scum vote for town I guess. Or gals is town and our flailing at each other will look pretty stupid in retrospect

What an empty statement. Your just full of these, aren't you?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 19 queries.