Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Split pile: Attendants/Old God

<< < (2/4) > >>

CPiGuy:

--- Quote from: faust on November 19, 2017, 04:00:52 pm ---One worry would be that I think you often don't want more than one Attendants, thus Old God won't be revealed very frequently. Which I guess is a nice thematic touch, but gameplay-wise not ideal.

--- End quote ---

I disagree. I think that you want at least two, because gaining to your hand is very strong in the presence of any other gainer. Without other gainers or Potion cards on the board, you will probably not see many purchases of Attendants.

navical:
Is it intended that Attendants doesn't stay out if you don't discard a Potion? As written it doesn't.

popsofctown:
That's definitely what you want.  As we are discussing, this is on the soft side of the power curve as printed ( but not terribly so ).  Forcing it to get stranded in play whenever you whiff would weaken it.

josh56:

--- Quote from: CPiGuy on November 19, 2017, 06:53:51 pm ---Without other gainers or Potion cards on the board, you will probably not see many purchases of Attendants.

--- End quote ---
But in the presence of gainers (and decent, cheap engine pieces) the attack of Old God also becomes relatively weaker.

Asper:
I think it's not great that one player's Old God cancels the attack portion of other Old Gods. Speaking of which, that attack portion doesn't follow the Duration Attack wording, which in turn makes it questionable whether the card should be an attack at all.

Also, this is the typical super expensive trashing attack which can be really brutal but may also suck. It's basically a fan card archetype, and not necessarily a great one.
No complaints about Attendants, except that with only five, it would be hard to get enough of them into your deck to make sure Potions aren't just a waste of space.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version