Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250658 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2275 on: August 19, 2019, 03:04:05 am »

Here's the thing, if Faust is town he could win us the game, so let's just chill on lynching him for a bit.

That reasoning follows... how?

He is a (supposed) doctor, him being alive incentivizes oddities by scum in terms of nightkills, potentially forcing them into keeping ICs alive.

And that's just if he doesn't succeed in healing someone.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: August 19, 2019, 03:09:22 am »

A) Releasing Children does (no use that we’ve seen so far)
I thought you were on board with them being shots for scum to use? I've been buying into that to an extent. They're something that scum utilizes to do stuff. Releasing them means scum has less stuff to do.

B) Receiving a Headache does (no use that we’ve seen so far)
It is either a delayed kill mechanic - that makes the most sense from how it is steadily getting worse, but from a game-mechanic POV it's weird to have such a massive delay - or some way to tag people so that then a power can be triggered that affects all tagged people (like an Arsonist) - that seems a more reasonable game mechanic but then I don't know why the headaches are getting worse. I entertained the notion of it being a Cult thing, but we're promised no alignment changes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: August 19, 2019, 03:12:13 am »

unvote

faust does your doctor ability even protect against NK? Or is it protection against something else?
It protects people that would die the night I target them, no matter the reason of the dying.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: August 19, 2019, 03:24:58 am »

A) Releasing Children does (no use that we’ve seen so far)
I thought you were on board with them being shots for scum to use? I've been buying into that to an extent. They're something that scum utilizes to do stuff. Releasing them means scum has less stuff to do.

B) Receiving a Headache does (no use that we’ve seen so far)
It is either a delayed kill mechanic - that makes the most sense from how it is steadily getting worse, but from a game-mechanic POV it's weird to have such a massive delay - or some way to tag people so that then a power can be triggered that affects all tagged people (like an Arsonist) - that seems a more reasonable game mechanic but then I don't know why the headaches are getting worse. I entertained the notion of it being a Cult thing, but we're promised no alignment changes.

Parting quotes is hard from my phone:

A) Yeah, that’s certainly what I’ve thought. You were quick to jump on / generally support / push that theory though - which if I’m wrong is suuuuuuuper convenient for scum to have me/Town believing. Not saying that I AM wrong mind you, just that if I am... I would expect scum to do exactly as you’ve done and take full advantage.

B) So that leaves us...? See, I’m trying to figure out how you (claiming) to have something that has no apparent negative repercussions is an argument for your towniness. “Something scum gives” - to what end? Why would they bother? How does somebody having it make them town?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: August 19, 2019, 03:28:28 am »

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: August 19, 2019, 03:40:39 am »

Vote Count 4.3:

ADK (1): Galzria
faust (2): ADK, WCD
WCD (2): Datswan, Faust

Not Voting (4): PPS, Uncleeurope, pubby, Awaclus

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.  Day 4 ends at 10:30 p.m. on August 28.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: August 19, 2019, 03:44:21 am »

Okay, so a few things, I say if we wake up tomorrow and a dude is freed then we insta lynch Faust. No questions asked.

If one is freed tomorrow then Faust is trolling as town or unable to stop the freeing/a liar.

AKA we order Faust to not free someone as a test. (There hasn't been a day without one freed, right? Am I an idiot?)

It might be wishful thinking, but I find it rough to be winning this without him being a truth teller, and we have a fairly easy way to test a portion of his role based on Mod-confirmed crap in the flavor.

We KNOW one of ADK/Awaclus is evil, yes? I am not missing something there?

So that's 1/3 in that couplet right there.

If we pardon myself/Galz/Faust for today that leaves the couplet (ADK/Awa), Pubby, WCD, Swan, or PPS (actually had to look up who the last player alive was, PPS = ninja player) as lynchyables.

And further limitations occur even after that.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: August 19, 2019, 03:51:33 am »

Faust, is Swan town?
I think not, but the claim with giving you an item went over less smoothly than I would have expected from a scum fakeclaim. There are also more things about Didds that don't add up and so far noone has come out supporting anything she claimed.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: August 19, 2019, 03:53:57 am »

B) So that leaves us...? See, I’m trying to figure out how you (claiming) to have something that has no apparent negative repercussions is an argument for your towniness. “Something scum gives” - to what end? Why would they bother? How does somebody having it make them town?
Well, I don't know much flavor, but headaches seem like a thing the evil aliens inflict, especially if it feels like something growing within me - the Espheni have the ability to bioengineer their enemies into a slave race. I think if town was responsible for the headaches, we'd have heard by now.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: August 19, 2019, 03:57:04 am »

I do not believe scum!anyone (in this case pubby) goes to the effort that he did to put together a massive master narrative identifying “scum-teams” day 2 - I won’t be a part of his lynch.

PPS/ADK would be my preferred two off-wagon choices. ADK tops because he’s the “not Eddie, not Faust” player that was on Joth end of Day 1. One of those 3 are EFHW’s partner, and if we mislynch today and ADK is still alive (as Survivor) then he sides with Scum & wins. I would rather remove an at worst future potential scum vote with a decent chance of being scum than mislynch town again.

PPS is probably also scum though, unless two of Eddie/Faust/ADK are.

I still think there’s only one scum between WCD/Awaclus/Swan.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: August 19, 2019, 03:57:39 am »

We KNOW one of ADK/Awaclus is evil, yes? I am not missing something there?
I mean, we know ADK is evil. They claimed not town. If you think that one of them is not who they say because we'd have a quicklynch otherwise, then I would say, not necessarily, because the Espheni can't know that ADK really has a win condition that is compatible with theirs. ADK can be a SK (or in a 2-person scumteam) that can only win if the Espheni are dead.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: August 19, 2019, 04:00:20 am »

PPS/ADK would be my preferred two off-wagon choices. ADK tops because he’s the “not Eddie, not Faust” player that was on Joth end of Day 1. One of those 3 are EFHW’s partner, and if we mislynch today and ADK is still alive (as Survivor) then he sides with Scum & wins. I would rather remove an at worst future potential scum vote with a decent chance of being scum than mislynch town again.
But if ADK is third-party and Awaclus town, then lynching ADK means the Espheni have the numbers to lynch Awaclus tomorrow (assuming there is a NK).

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: August 19, 2019, 05:09:43 am »

Faust, is Swan town?

Btw, when do we get to know your invest results? Or did you already say what they were?

@Galz

Uncleeurope Eddie

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: August 19, 2019, 06:42:07 am »

I totally missed that this game started up again on Sunday. Looks like a whole lot of stand-off, especially with regards to claiming. Quite surprised anyone is tossing votes around at this point. I am open to lynching anyone other than Galz and a weak second on Awaclus. That the IC continues to live is the only reason I get suspicious of Awaclus. Looks like a pile of rereading is in order. I am not opposed to massclaiming. I suppose Swan’s reluctance is potentially a town tell. I think we need some amount of claim behavior, though. Depending on certain things happening or not happening there is more or less of my role I’d be willing to claim.

The skitters flipped green but faust says he could not have doctored them, what about that adds up? Maybe I missed it somewhere but it’s this sort of thing I am looking for in claims.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: August 19, 2019, 06:48:55 am »

RE: headaches

Who all has/had them?

I remember Space, Faust. Didn’t Didds claim to have and then have not? Anyone else that I missed?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: August 19, 2019, 07:19:59 am »

The skitters flipped green but faust says he could not have doctored them, what about that adds up? Maybe I missed it somewhere but it’s this sort of thing I am looking for in claims.
I can't protect Skitters, as previously claimed.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: August 19, 2019, 08:28:55 am »

I don't have a headache.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: August 19, 2019, 08:38:04 am »

RE: headaches

Who all has/had them?

I remember Space, Faust. Didn’t Didds claim to have and then have not? Anyone else that I missed?
Eddie had one yesterday if I remember correctly.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: August 19, 2019, 08:57:51 am »

So far, faust, Space, Eddie, and maybe Didds. Any other headaches going on? Also, faust suggest his gets worse. Anyone else having worse headaches?

I have had nothing of the sort.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: August 19, 2019, 09:01:25 am »

I have not had a headache
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: August 19, 2019, 11:49:29 am »

I am way more swamped with work than I thought I'd be.  I won't be able to get caught up or contribute meaningfully until I get home tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how much of a crush the later part of the day turns out to be.

I had a headache D1, on N1 a kid came to talk to ask me questions and said that he thought I'd feel better. I didn't have a headache D2. Are kids required to doctor?? If faust doesn't doctor the kid escapes? I have no idea.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: August 19, 2019, 01:30:30 pm »

I'm not finding much on the wiki that equates to headache flavor. My thoughts was it is related to some time delayed scum killing or weakening action. I was trying to find the order they showed up in. IIRC Space delayed mentioning their headache but said it had been present the entire game. That might suggest a N0 action.

What days did the headaches appear for each player? I think there is potential POE, here.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: August 19, 2019, 01:57:54 pm »

I'm not finding much on the wiki that equates to headache flavor. My thoughts was it is related to some time delayed scum killing or weakening action. I was trying to find the order they showed up in. IIRC Space delayed mentioning their headache but said it had been present the entire game. That might suggest a N0 action.

What days did the headaches appear for each player? I think there is potential POE, here.

What was your role again, PPS?

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: August 19, 2019, 02:00:02 pm »

I am way more swamped with work than I thought I'd be.  I won't be able to get caught up or contribute meaningfully until I get home tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how much of a crush the later part of the day turns out to be.

I had a headache D1, on N1 a kid came to talk to ask me questions and said that he thought I'd feel better. I didn't have a headache D2. Are kids required to doctor?? If faust doesn't doctor the kid escapes? I have no idea.

I thought the kid was tied to your role? Are you saying you don’t know why the kid visited you?

Uncleeurope Eddie

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: August 19, 2019, 02:23:10 pm »

What was your role again, PPS?

I don't know that I have claimed much at all. I believe I claimed my number and that I was looking to acquire an item.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.569 seconds with 20 queries.