Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250330 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1825 on: August 12, 2019, 05:00:29 am »

Shraeye is town for not voting Glooble.
Why is that towny? It seems like we often use suspecting without voting as a scumtell.

EFHW did something similar to this when I was scumreading Galzria but didn't vote, successfully baiting me into voting him. Do you think she would do this to her scumbuddy?
Interesting. But I think yes. shraeye had no votes at that point, there was no danger.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1826 on: August 12, 2019, 05:18:39 am »

Did you know I was a Skitter when I claimed or did you just want to know if I was?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: August 12, 2019, 05:25:07 am »

Did you know I was a Skitter when I claimed or did you just want to know if I was?
I wanted to know if I could protect you. I actually assumed that you weren't a skitter.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: August 12, 2019, 05:43:56 am »

Galzria needs to wake up to the fact that he's the fool at some point. If that takes my lynch, it's not ideal, but also not the end of the world. I just wish anyone would actually spend some time thinking about the reasons I laid out for why it doesn't make sense for me to behave this way as scum.

Lol. Says the guy who did everything he could to prevent a scum lynch. Kthanks.

This was in reference to that by the way:
Scum for the most part didn’t bus yesterday. Anybody selling different is a fool, and anybody that buys it moreso.

And the EFHW lynch wouldn't have happened without me.

Hahaha - laughable

Well, yes, laughable. But somewhat true. Bet that makes it sting even more.

Look at the votes D1: was scum ever in trouble before faust started the EFHW wagon? The answer's a clear No. Either faust is suicidal or...I can't think of anything else, actually.

Anyway faust is town, who knew. Let's move on.

faust, why is Space town?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1829 on: August 12, 2019, 05:50:08 am »

vote: pps

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: August 12, 2019, 05:52:09 am »

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1831 on: August 12, 2019, 05:53:02 am »

vote: pps

Why?

There’s a specific element of his claim that makes sense with my role in a way I don’t think scum would make up.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1832 on: August 12, 2019, 05:54:15 am »

Sorry I meant of Faust’s claim. Pps is just the only other viable wagon and someone I’ve been thinking might be scum for a bit. I’d also go to Shraeye.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: August 12, 2019, 05:58:21 am »

Sorry I meant of Faust’s claim. Pps is just the only other viable wagon and someone I’ve been thinking might be scum for a bit. I’d also go to Shraeye.

So his last vote was from EFHW to faust when faust decided to bail. Do you think scum just abandons every wagon that early?

I just realized that, not only were both counterwagons on masons, that they were essencially unlynchable precisely because they're masons. Poor scum, never stood a chance.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1834 on: August 12, 2019, 06:01:16 am »

So his last vote was from EFHW to faust when faust decided to bail. Do you think scum just abandons every wagon that early?

Having trouble parsing this, but I’ll look at the vote counts when I’m not on my phone. Mostly wanted to get off faust ASAP.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: August 12, 2019, 06:03:47 am »

I re-read Galz, and I feel like he's both not been supportive of some stuff that seems very sensible to me (e.g. being critical of faust at #264, and also complaining about faust correcting Swan at #367), and also that he's generally more aware of the wagons and voting that maybe faust gave him credit for at the point faust discounted Galz from his lynchpool based on the intent to hammer MiX.. which means I think he really should be someone faust considered at the same time as he started up the EFHW wagon.

Vote: Galz

Isn't this what we're expecting for scum to do word for word?

Having trouble parsing this, but I’ll look at the vote counts when I’m not on my phone. Mostly wanted to get off faust ASAP.

"his" is pps, "faust decided to bail" refers to faust's vote from EFHW to joth. Does that explain it?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1836 on: August 12, 2019, 06:08:51 am »

[/quote]

"his" is pps, "faust decided to bail" refers to faust's vote from EFHW to joth. Does that explain it?
[/quote]

So you’re saying faust switched from EFHW to joth then pps switched to faust? How would that clear pps? Seems like he’d be looking for an excuse to get off the EFHW wagon, if pps was scum and faust was town.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1837 on: August 12, 2019, 06:09:26 am »

I hate doing quotes on phone. Should have previewed though.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: August 12, 2019, 06:11:53 am »

So you’re saying faust switched from EFHW to joth then pps switched to faust? How would that clear pps? Seems like he’d be looking for an excuse to get off the EFHW wagon, if pps was scum and faust was town.

Because it still locks in the lynch. Not a single person moved to faust, and he wasn't going to be a realistical lynch, being faust and all.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: August 12, 2019, 06:16:30 am »

faust, why is Space town?
I think I talked about this in my reply to Galzria, but here are the two main quotes:

Given the combination of people who're active in here just now, and the layout of the wagons, I think EFHW is the only lynch that has a chance of going through. That's because while the Joth set is growing, we'd need a lot of not-currently-here people to push it over the line.

vote: EFHW with apologies for jumping on the hard-VLA wagon. I don't have time to sit and track the thread up to deadline, but I'll try to check back and move if it really pushes something through.
I think this is not how scum busses.

And the second one:
There's something in my role that does allow for the existence of fully-town-aligned Skitters. I don't know whether all Skitters are town-aligned, but I do know that at least one of them can be. It also seems like there can be more than one Skitter.
So if you know one skitter is town-aligned, why are you voting for one?

Because the Skitter that I know is town-aligned cannot also be MiX (for reasons I don't want to go into). So we have no reason to believe that Skitter!MiX has to be town-aligned, and also no reason to believe that MiX is even telling the truth about being a Skitter to begin with, because that could be his fake-claim.
I have to admit that I misremembered this as happening on D1, it actually was on D2 and that lessens its townieness somewhat.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1840 on: August 12, 2019, 06:27:21 am »

Vote: faust

He totally sold an EFHW wagon and it crept up. As it finally got big enough to be the definitive lynch he jumped off saying she must be town. What about the sale, faust? Are you not buying your own product? Not only does he get off his own wagon he goes to joth, who I may have initially been willing to lynch, but the more I think about I'm convinced is town.

Here’s the pps quote in question. He’s more or less arguing that faust and EFHW are partners, right? But if he thinks that, why switch from EFHW to faust? If you think two people are scum and you’re voting for the one with a large wagon, why switch to the one with no wagon.

Also worth noting that this is very shortly after Galz’s Mason softclaim, which I missed at the time but which is totally obvious in retrospect. If pps saw it that would explain an unwillingness to jump to Galz or joth.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: August 12, 2019, 06:29:20 am »

Strong towny case.

Do you think scum attempted to lynch Galzria (other than EFHW)? If so, there's only 4 people that votes for him after EFHW (and thus after it could be a reasonable counterwagon): Glooble, pubby, Space and Eddie. I'm townreading the other 3, so it points to Space.

There was another line of thought, which was scum was on joth, but that's obviously not possible. Or scum decided EFHW flipping was fun???

There's a third option, which is scum was semi-bussing and semi-not, which essencially means they were voting wherever they felt like (and let EFHW die) but not through mad bussing: that one leads to shraeye. But I vastly prefer the first one.

If Space's that towny, I think I would sooner lynch Glooble...but between Glooble or shraeye is a hard call.

Vote: faust

He totally sold an EFHW wagon and it crept up. As it finally got big enough to be the definitive lynch he jumped off saying she must be town. What about the sale, faust? Are you not buying your own product? Not only does he get off his own wagon he goes to joth, who I may have initially been willing to lynch, but the more I think about I'm convinced is town.

Here’s the pps quote in question. He’s more or less arguing that faust and EFHW are partners, right? But if he thinks that, why switch from EFHW to faust? If you think two people are scum and you’re voting for the one with a large wagon, why switch to the one with no wagon.

Also worth noting that this is very shortly after Galz’s Mason softclaim, which I missed at the time but which is totally obvious in retrospect. If pps saw it that would explain an unwillingness to jump to Galz or joth.

Why distance yourself when doing so is more suspicious than not? Also, did anyone see the softclaim? I just did on a reread, but it's so hidden! I guess scum could've seen it...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: August 12, 2019, 06:40:08 am »

Do you think scum attempted to lynch Galzria (other than EFHW)? If so, there's only 4 people that votes for him after EFHW (and thus after it could be a reasonable counterwagon): Glooble, pubby, Space and Eddie. I'm townreading the other 3, so it points to Space.
I have similar feelings except I'm townreading all four. It is entirely possible that scum didn't want to join EFHW here.

If Space's that towny, I think I would sooner lynch Glooble...but between Glooble or shraeye is a hard call.
No, that makes no sense. If Space is town then their claim suggests that Glooble is too. It therefore makes no sense to lynch Glooble before Space.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: August 12, 2019, 06:51:50 am »

No, that makes no sense. If Space is town then their claim suggests that Glooble is too. It therefore makes no sense to lynch Glooble before Space.

You're right. Forgot Space said they confirmed a non-me Skitter (specifically forgot about the non-me part). That simplifies things.

So it's between Space and shraeye. I'm fine with either.

Vote: Space one last time, I'll be on mobile from now on all the way to deadline.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: August 12, 2019, 07:49:16 am »

Glooble and Faust both protecting each other?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1845 on: August 12, 2019, 08:07:29 am »

Glooble and Faust both protecting each other?

Would you feel better if I told you why I changed my mind about faust? I'd just as soon not give the info to scum, but otoh I may have told them enough to piece it together.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1846 on: August 12, 2019, 08:25:54 am »

I actually am going to claim a teensy tiny bit more in case it leads us somewhere useful, especially because I already softclaimed this earlier today so if scum wants it they can find it. I also have a limited doctor ability. I won't tell you the specific constraints, but I will tell you it will not work on faust. So I thought "If I were ash, and I were giving town multiple protective roles, I'd make sure they couldn't protect each other" which made me believe faust, because I don't see how scum!faust pulls the "Can't target skitters" thing out of his ass and it just happens to fit with what, to me, seemed like a solid game design choice.

That being said, I also am not responsible for the lack of a night kill N1. Which means we either have 3 pseudo-doctors, which seems absurd, or a role-blocker/ jailkeeper. If it's a roleblocker they should probably claim because most likely they targeted scum. If its a jailkeeper, I guess they wouldn't know if they targeted the scum or the victim,  but, still, does that seem like too much protective power to give town?

He/ Him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: August 12, 2019, 08:30:10 am »

Well whatever. You guys seem dead set to lynch me.

I am Anne Glass-Mason, and I have 2 powers. One is a Doctor that doesn't work on Skitters, and the other is releasing harnessed children I can only use one each night.

Do you have any info on what e's role might have been?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: August 12, 2019, 08:45:32 am »

That being said, I also am not responsible for the lack of a night kill N1. Which means we either have 3 pseudo-doctors, which seems absurd, or a role-blocker/ jailkeeper. If it's a roleblocker they should probably claim because most likely they targeted scum. If its a jailkeeper, I guess they wouldn't know if they targeted the scum or the victim,  but, still, does that seem like too much protective power to give town?
Wait wait wait... theory time. What if scum have a poison kill? (i.e. delayed) From my role description, it would seem that I could also protect people that weren't targeted the same night, so that would fit. And I woke up with a headache today and that phenomenon is still unexplained. So I guess if I die tonight, that would be confirmation.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: August 12, 2019, 08:45:59 am »

Well whatever. You guys seem dead set to lynch me.

I am Anne Glass-Mason, and I have 2 powers. One is a Doctor that doesn't work on Skitters, and the other is releasing harnessed children I can only use one each night.

Do you have any info on what e's role might have been?
Nothing beyond what's publicly available.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.215 seconds with 20 queries.