Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250602 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1800 on: August 12, 2019, 01:26:53 am »

You know, I just don't have the energy to fight two ICs all game. If you are dead set on lynching me, then it is best to get this distraction out of the way.

Vote: faust

I bet ashersky is proud of me right now.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: August 12, 2019, 01:27:05 am »

Because let’s be honest here Faust, your theory is... what? That EFHW’s partners... what? Just decided with 72 hours out (when you were still on wagon) to just never try and prevent her lynch? Wagon elsewhere? Anything? You think she was a solo job? What?

I’m really, really interested in how you suggest scum played the EFHW situation from 72 hours out until deadline.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: August 12, 2019, 01:28:42 am »

Because let’s be honest here Faust, your theory is... what? That EFHW’s partners... what? Just decided with 72 hours out (when you were still on wagon) to just never try and prevent her lynch? Wagon elsewhere? Anything? You think she was a solo job? What?

I’m really, really interested in how you suggest scum played the EFHW situation from 72 hours out until deadline.
I don't know, but have fun figuring it out once I flip.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: August 12, 2019, 01:28:56 am »

You know, I just don't have the energy to fight two ICs all game. If you are dead set on lynching me, then it is best to get this distraction out of the way.

Man, tell you what. Stop voting yourself and sell me something that logically makes more sense. I listened to Eddie. I’ll at least grant you the same. Tell me a reasonable story.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: August 12, 2019, 01:39:40 am »

I don't know, but have fun figuring it out once I flip.

Or, you know, you could help.

I think there’s a fine case against you. Better than any put forward on anybody else. Your defense of “But I wouldn’t do any of that as scum” is meaningless - it’s literally “because of X I’m town”, which is EXACTLY how you would try to act as scum.

I think there are plenty of other scummy people. Notice you WEREN’T in my list of people ADK should shoot. I’m voting you because: A) There’s a good case on you. Two in fact, mine & Swan’s wagon analysis. B) There’s no better case or candidate, no story to be told that really makes sense. C) We’re getting close to deadline.

So you want to live? Want not to get lynched? Stop telling me a sob story about why you must be town and convince me somebody else is scum.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: August 12, 2019, 01:48:43 am »

Man, tell you what. Stop voting yourself and sell me something that logically makes more sense. I listened to Eddie. I’ll at least grant you the same. Tell me a reasonable story.
I don't have a story. I know by PoE (+strongly townreading pubby) that scum must be on the wagon. My top guesses for that were joth and e, and well we see how that turned out. Now I have no idea. I would have to go back and reread, but this close to the deadline who knows if I'll find the time.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: August 12, 2019, 01:50:27 am »

I think there’s a fine case against you. Better than any put forward on anybody else. Your defense of “But I wouldn’t do any of that as scum” is meaningless - it’s literally “because of X I’m town”, which is EXACTLY how you would try to act as scum.
No, this is just so wrong. You argue that I am scum precisely because of something you think I wouldn't do as town. At the same time you claim that as scum I would act the same as town.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: August 12, 2019, 01:52:32 am »

#FaustAtE
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: August 12, 2019, 01:54:15 am »

#FaustAtE
At least I know that once I am dead, someone will live on to keep my snark alive.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1809 on: August 12, 2019, 02:01:21 am »

Vote Count 2.19:

faust (5): joth, Glooble, pubby, Galzria, Faust
PPS (2): Uncle, Datswan

Not Voting (7): Awaclus, WCD, PPS, ADK, MiX, Space, shraeye

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.  Day 2 ends at 10:00 p.m. on August 12.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: August 12, 2019, 02:01:55 am »

Should we discuss follow-the-cop possibilities? I mean, we have an IC cop, a doctor, and a universal backup. Seems pretty broken yo if they're all town.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: August 12, 2019, 02:15:27 am »

No, this is just so wrong. You argue that I am scum precisely because of something you think I wouldn't do as town. At the same time you claim that as scum I would act the same as town.

I feel like I’ve explained this case, but boiled down:

I think you did something (start the EFHW wagon) not thinking it would go anywhere. Your case was flawed, and you asked people to join for a dumb reason (thank you PM’s). When it started to gain traction, You began to feel trapped. It doesn’t matter that the reasons were bad, they were your reasons. You had to stand by them. But you started to push Joth instead, trying to pull attention away from EFHW. When that ultimately fell through, you finally bailed on EFHW and argued everybody else do the same.

That’s a very reasonable argument. Your defense of “no, that’s not what so would do if I were scum” doesn’t really matter, because your inate argument is that “I only acted that way because I’m town” - but if we were to allow that a grain of truth then we must also allow that as scum you would be attempting to emulate that play.

Now, scum isn’t Joth. And it’s not e. And it’s not me. And it’s not MiX.

That leaves voters #6, #7 & #8: Awaclus, Glooble & Space
That leaves voter #2 & #3: WCD & Swan

The first two joined on wagon there joined when you were pushing it. If they’re partners with EFHW, that’s really rough for scum.

So that makes Glooble, Awaclus & Space as realistic possible bussers. Off wagon, hey, we agree on being ok with pubby being Town (for now). We’re going not Eddie too. That leaves 4: You, Shraeye, PPS & ADK. ADK we’ve marked as not-EFHW-partner.

So, removing yourself, you have:

Off wagon [PPS, Shraeye]
On wagon [Awaclus, Space, Glooble]

Two of those players should be scum. Do you believe scum double-bussed? Why? What supports it? If not, then which of PPS or Shraeye is scum and why?

Mafia Record:

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: August 12, 2019, 02:55:29 am »

pubby plan 1.0:

Galzria, you can investigate someone tonight, yeah?

If we lynch faust and he's town, MiX will become doctor and he can protect you. You can then check [PPS, Shraeye] and we'll have an extremely high chance of finding scum.

You might be thinking, won't scum interrupt that? Well, MiX is PGO, so scum can't target him, and I have my own super-secret-ability which can target you and ensure the investigation will go off.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: August 12, 2019, 03:01:13 am »

pubby plan 1.0 - addendum:

If faust is scum, MiX is Godfather. Anyone who thinks Godfather is unlikely should check out the mafia setup Asher9++ and tell me Ashersky doesn't have a thing for that role:

Asher9++ is a semi-open setup for 12 players. Setup generation is a randomized process that is open and explained below.

All games include a Universal Back-Up and a Godfather. The remaining 10 roles are determined by rolling six random numbers from 1-100.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: August 12, 2019, 03:09:11 am »

I still wanna trust Faust here.

His claim is thematically cohesive and consistent with his previous play.

I think PPS is a better call for off wagon hunting.

If all else fails we can just lynch ADK.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1815 on: August 12, 2019, 03:19:10 am »

Vote: PPS
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: August 12, 2019, 03:20:35 am »

Vote: PPS

Hey, Awaclus, you been having fun?

How have you been overall?

I feel like we never talk anymore.

I thought our relationship meant something.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: August 12, 2019, 03:57:18 am »

That leaves voters #6, #7 & #8: Awaclus, Glooble & Space
That leaves voter #2 & #3: WCD & Swan

The first two joined on wagon there joined when you were pushing it. If they’re partners with EFHW, that’s really rough for scum.
Well, if you think I could have gone after EFHW thinking it wouldn't go anywhere... why couldn't WCD/Swan? That is really not enough for me to eliminate them from the pool. I kind of threw Didds out so far, but only because I trust your ability to read her.

So that makes Glooble, Awaclus & Space as realistic possible bussers. Off wagon, hey, we agree on being ok with pubby being Town (for now). We’re going not Eddie too. That leaves 4: You, Shraeye, PPS & ADK. ADK we’ve marked as not-EFHW-partner.

So, removing yourself, you have:

Off wagon [PPS, Shraeye]
On wagon [Awaclus, Space, Glooble]

Two of those players should be scum. Do you believe scum double-bussed? Why? What supports it? If not, then which of PPS or Shraeye is scum and why?
I think there are still 3 scum, not 2. I don't think both shraeye and PPS are scum as it would make very little sense for two scum to sit it out on single-vote wagons. Awaclus has made a pro-town thing happen and while that may somehow have happened with him being scum, I think it's reasonable to leave him alive based on that. I townread Space and Glooble. So... some of my reads or your reads are clearly off. Space and Glooble have both made unprovoked claims to support other players, and that is always a pretty darn townie thing to me. I also think the way Space voted for EFHW was townie; scum would have owned that vote and not gone "well no other wagon will succeed". I am less townie on Glooble now that I know (more or less) that MiX is town!skitter, but Space's role seems to clear Glooble somehow, so there's that.

shraeye is scummiest to me. I have no particularly good reasons for why. He dismissed the EFHW wagon very offhandedly, and he has made no risky plays, and for some reason he's the only one in the off-wagon crowd that noone suspects and I don't understand why.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: August 12, 2019, 03:57:52 am »

If we lynch faust and he's town, MiX will become doctor and he can protect you. You can then check [PPS, Shraeye] and we'll have an extremely high chance of finding scum.
I have 2 powers, so MiX inheriting Doctor is not a given.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: August 12, 2019, 04:32:18 am »

I want e's power! He didn't get a chance to reveal what he had and I'm terribly dissapointed.

So Alexis is probably third-party thing that flips win conditions after a while? That's definitely what the colors indicate.

And faust is a non-Skitter Doctor that also releases harnessed children? Weird, why would you ever not doctor...

Now that we're actually investigating who bussed, can I introduce you to Space, the bussiest of them all that actually pushed for Galzria? I mean, who else did that?

I'll put "e is town" in my VCA and let you know what happens.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: August 12, 2019, 04:34:23 am »

And faust is a non-Skitter Doctor that also releases harnessed children? Weird, why would you ever not doctor...
Doctoring needs good targets. N1 the only realistic options were you/Glooble, i.e. Skitters, so I chose to release. Release always does something beneficial, Doctor may do something more beneficial but at the cost of potentially doing nothing at all.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: August 12, 2019, 04:40:24 am »

I guess it could be noted that if I was scum going to claim Doctor, the smart move would have been to take credit for the missing nightkill.

Vote: shraeye

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: August 12, 2019, 04:52:58 am »

I guess it could be noted that if I was scum going to claim Doctor, the smart move would have been to take credit for the missing nightkill.

So you don't like my Space case, right? Who can be shraeye's partner?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1823 on: August 12, 2019, 04:57:47 am »

Shraeye is town for not voting Glooble.
Why is that towny? It seems like we often use suspecting without voting as a scumtell.

EFHW did something similar to this when I was scumreading Galzria but didn't vote, successfully baiting me into voting him. Do you think she would do this to her scumbuddy?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: August 12, 2019, 04:58:51 am »

So you don't like my Space case, right? Who can be shraeye's partner?
Don't know... Swan, Didds, maybe Glooble, PPS or Awaclus.

PPE: 1
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 99  All

Page created in 1.755 seconds with 20 queries.