Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250388 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1450 on: August 09, 2019, 09:25:06 am »

Yeah, my wagon is a scum soup with IC seasoning.

Other than that, no. Just cases that suggest I am not the scummiest player here.

Do you think I am the best case for catching a baddie today?

As I've said before, scum is bussing hard today. They have to. I don't think I want to give these sorts of arguments any weight at all today. In fact, people who are voting for each other today are MORE LIKELY to be partners.

Well that is obviously incorrect.

But cool, bro.

Sadly I am the only town that can know that for certain here.

But obviously baddies are finding it in themselves to let me die here.

I guess we can commend them on their bravery after the game.

Or, hey, even after I die.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 09, 2019, 09:26:13 am »

As I've said before, scum is bussing hard today. They have to. I don't think I want to give these sorts of arguments any weight at all today. In fact, people who are voting for each other today are MORE LIKELY to be partners.
And you're voting me currently, right, with pubby and Glooble? Are they my partners?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 09, 2019, 09:27:36 am »

#UncleAtE

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 09, 2019, 09:30:10 am »

#UncleAtE

Don’t get that one.

Joth, you would vote for me here?

Trying to gauge how likely I am to die here.

Uncleeurope Eddie

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 09, 2019, 10:25:20 am »

#UncleAtE

Don’t get that one.

Joth, you would vote for me here?

Trying to gauge how likely I am to die here.

You're not my first choice. Or my second. I wouldn't resign myself to being the day's lynch if I were you.

Part of my issue with your wagon is that Galz being there sort of gives people permission, so if you do flip town everyone else on the wagon gets to say "I was just following the IC". It makes it an attractive scum wagon for sure. Of course, if you're scum that's a moot point.

You're playing pretty townie though. So there's that.

I'd vote for you if I had to though.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: August 09, 2019, 10:26:25 am »

And you're voting me currently, right, with pubby and Glooble? Are they my partners?

Honestly, either of them could be.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 09, 2019, 10:28:35 am »

Part of my issue with your wagon is that Galz being there sort of gives people permission, so if you do flip town everyone else on the wagon gets to say "I was just following the IC". It makes it an attractive scum wagon for sure. Of course, if you're scum that's a moot point.
Everyone currently on the Eddie wagon had already voted for Eddie before Galzria voted. This argument is a smokescreen with no actual bearing on the game because noone so far has followed the IC.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 09, 2019, 10:33:19 am »

Who do you think is town?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 09, 2019, 10:33:42 am »

No they can't

Everyone currently on the Eddie wagon had already voted for Eddie before Galzria voted. This argument is a smokescreen with no actual bearing on the game because noone so far has followed the IC.

Faust is right, stop being scummy joth.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 09, 2019, 10:41:55 am »

As I've said before, scum is bussing hard today. They have to.
I don't get this, have you explained it before and I missed it?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 09, 2019, 10:43:50 am »

No they can't

Yes, they both could be. Sorry MiX, but you have zero credit when it comes to interpreting anything from your PM’s. You sold town on the idea that your PR was both “the most valuable in the game” (wrong, by miles), and that it could “IC you” (wrong by even more). The fact that you think something from your PR clears Glooble in any way is meaningless. And for pubby, well, he’s just barely the most townie person off the EFHW wagon - but there’s really nothing stopping him from being scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 09, 2019, 10:44:11 am »

I'm going to say something that hasn't been explicitly stated yet but I think is important: Scum is in a bad spot right now.

Not only did they lose a player in the D1 lynch, their N1 nightkill got prevented somehow. That's basically the worst position they could be in right now, give or take a N1 scum vig kill. Now exactly how bad depends on how much they gave themselves away yesterday. How many of them were on the wagon, how many of them were obviously trying to stop the wagon. I think it's extra bad. I think EFHW's VLA forced them to play much more obviously than they wanted to and most of them had to give themselves away. That's why I want to lynch the people who tried to stop the EFHW lynch.

So why do I think they're bussing?

Scum busses when cred is more important than survival.

Scum doesn't bus when survival is more important than cred.

Today we have two ICs, which makes cred extra important, and scum is down a player, which makes survival more important. But scum might have three more players left, so this is sort of their last chance to bus for cred and still be in any kind of fighting shape the next day. And if I'm write and the scum team is in the group I think it's in, they have a serious cred deficit.

So how do you gain town cred? A good, strong bus is a pretty reliable way. A plausible but unverifiable towny claim -- like, idk, faust's? -- is also good, though it's high risk.

There are really 4 viable wagons right now (Space, ADK, faust, Eddie), so unless the scum team was OP to begin with, they can't all be scum. But let's imagine, just for fun, that 3/4 are. In that case, a scum team has three options I can think of:

1) Pile on the townie, their only chance for a mislynch. But a smart scum team would know how terrible an idea that is, because tomorrow the survivors all just look even worse.

2) Pile on the least valuable member of the scum team so they can all have a piece of the cred.

3) Spread out, one on the townie and the other two bussing each other in some configuration, probably avoiding the wagon of the most valuable one.

So let's look at the VC

Vote Count 2.12:

faust (3): joth, pubby, Glooble
ADK (3): WCD, Datswan, MiX
Uncle (5): ADK, 2.7, Awaclus, Galzria, Faust
MiX (1): Space
Space (3): shraeye, PPS, Uncle

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.  Day 2 ends at 10:00 p.m. on August 12.

Ignoring MiX's vote, which is inexplicably still on the now-IC'd MiX, we have

No scumspects on faust
No scumspects on ADK
Eddie on Space
faust and ADK on Eddie

This kinda rules out 3. So that leaves 1 or 2, which means Eddie is either scum, if scum is bussing, or town, if scum is not.

So I guess if I really think scum is bussing, I have to conclude that Eddie is scum.

The only thing giving me pause is the Galz factor. Maybe scum feels safe piling on the townie if the IC is on the townie, since that's the ultimate free pass tomorrow.

PPE: A bunch

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 09, 2019, 10:45:41 am »

I hadn't really. I have now.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 09, 2019, 10:46:17 am »

That's a fair point, but it doesn't change the fact that Galzria joining the wagon makes it a safe place for scum to hide now.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 09, 2019, 10:46:39 am »

Scum for the most part didn’t bus yesterday. Anybody selling different is a fool, and anybody that buys it moreso. His point is that you can be damn sure they won’t get left off again if we end up lynching scum today because it gives them no chance at arguing their way out on future days.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 09, 2019, 10:48:09 am »

Galz, MiX, myself, WCD

Scum for the most part didn’t bus yesterday. Anybody selling different is a fool, and anybody that buys it moreso. His point is that you can be damn sure they won’t get left off again if we end up lynching scum today because it gives them no chance at arguing their way out on future days.

Galz has managed to make my point much more succinctly than my own attempt.

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 09, 2019, 10:50:26 am »

I think faust should throw a party for us since he was in our first game and we're still around and playing.
If by party you mean a new RMM, then sure, that can be arranged.

❤️❤️❤️
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 09, 2019, 10:52:29 am »

I think faust should throw a party for us since he was in our first game and we're still around and playing.
If by party you mean a new RMM, then sure, that can be arranged.

❤️❤️❤️

Stop being scummy & tell me who is scum & why. I’ll make a cocktail (later, when it’s not before 8:00am) in your honor.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 09, 2019, 10:53:16 am »

Galz, MiX, myself, WCD
Is this satire or something?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 09, 2019, 10:54:27 am »

Well, I think I will do a claim of sorts here if that’s okay with you people.

Uncleeurope Eddie

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: August 09, 2019, 10:56:45 am »

Here's a list of every vote:

I'm slowly catching up.

For reference, I can auto-generate lists like the one Joth did really easily, should anyone else want that kind of thing for analysis. I find that the full vote count breakdown for each voting point (where I look at all the wagons and who was were) are the most useful thing to spit out and look at, though they also risk cluttering the thread if I post a full day's voting history or something.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 09, 2019, 10:59:20 am »

Galz, MiX, myself, WCD
Is this satire or something?
No moreso than any of my other mafia posts.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 09, 2019, 11:00:16 am »

Here's a list of every vote:

I'm slowly catching up.

For reference, I can auto-generate lists like the one Joth did really easily, should anyone else want that kind of thing for analysis. I find that the full vote count breakdown for each voting point (where I look at all the wagons and who was were) are the most useful thing to spit out and look at, though they also risk cluttering the thread if I post a full day's voting history or something.

That is good to know. I actually find a lot of value in generating them manually as I do a reread, but that also takes freaking forever.

He/him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 09, 2019, 11:03:25 am »

And don’t give me the crap about letting scum know who to kill, I am fairly certain they have some guidance about that already.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 09, 2019, 11:06:08 am »

Space, pubby

To a lesser extent: Glooble, Didds, ADK
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.776 seconds with 20 queries.