Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250732 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1225 on: August 07, 2019, 12:18:23 pm »

I find it strange the amount of like “compatibility” there seems to be between so many players in regards to the wording of their roles and opening QTs. I could be bias because i got like none of this info in mine... but because i didn’t... the fact that so many people seem to  have so much coordinating info.... kind of makes me skeptical of all the info.

I believe the kid mechanic, mainly because it makes sense (and Galz is IC)
Not 100% on glooble/mix at all
Still deciding about Faust

Just to clarify: there’s nothing in my role pm that implies that MiX is town. Nothing that suggests the existence of a second town-aligned skitter.

That is actually a super useful clarification.. not the vibe i was getting.
You do think MiX is town though correct? Or am i making that up in my memory?

Currently leaning that way.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 07, 2019, 12:24:08 pm »

Hey Galz, that Part 2 coming in today?

Here's where I am on a quick PoE/pops quiz thingie

1. faust -- still leaning scum, but probably not happening today
2. Awaclus -- remarkably townie
3. jotheonah -- hi, I'm town
4. Galzria -- IC
5. WCD -- leaning town, but persuadable
6. pps -- null, reread would be helpful
7. Datswan -- null, reread would be helpful
8. ADK -- null, reread would be helpful
9. MiX -- town I guess
10. EFHW -- dead scum
11. SpaceAnemone -- scummy vibes
12. Glooble -- leaning town, but persuadable
13. Uncleeurope -- very possibly scum
14. 2.7 -- towniest thing is the EFHW hammer, but I wish he'd stop reminding us about it
15. shraeye -- town
16. pubby -- leaning town

So I guess my scum pool is faust, Space, and Eddie, with e, ADK, Swan and pps as worthy of an additional look, and Glooble, WCD, and pubby as longshot possibilities.

I keep putting off my reread and then it gets more and more daunting. When's deadline?

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 07, 2019, 12:38:56 pm »

Joth, why do you have Shraeye as town?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 07, 2019, 01:11:48 pm »

I've been reading shraeye as super townie all game. Do you think he's not?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 07, 2019, 01:17:19 pm »

Yes yes yes - I’ll get that out today. Super pinky promise!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: August 07, 2019, 01:23:59 pm »

14. 2.7 -- towniest thing is the EFHW hammer, but I wish he'd stop reminding us about it

Not actually true, I haven't mentioned it myself since the first IRL day of D2. I have talked about the wagon being townie though and lynching off wagon
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 07, 2019, 01:24:38 pm »

I guess I just haven't contributed much today though, so that is all you remember
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 07, 2019, 02:10:38 pm »

I’m actually pretty convinced we’re dealing with town!MiX right now, FWIW.
I would second that

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 07, 2019, 02:18:15 pm »

Hey, am I getting scum-read for being British??

On weekdays I might check in during work hours (5am-1.30pm forum time roughly), but I'm not doing any serious analysis, and probably not voting unless it's strictly necessary, because I'm generally really busy and working in a shared office where I don't want to set a bad example to junior colleagues. I admit this is more strict than it was a year or two back, but I have soooo much work to do these days.

Work is usually followed by a few hours of being out and about doing stuff (tonight was dinner, choir rehearsal, post-choir drinks), so any real posting I do is likely to be in the 23:00-00:30 window (6pm-7.30pm forum time). Go back and read any game of mine in the last couple of years, and you're likely to see the same sort of pattern.
#strawman

So here's the deal with Spac's lateness.  It's perfectly 100% ok to be on a delay, unlikely that anybody disagrees.  I've been super late this game.

The problem is that Space is coming in late and it feels like they are either echoing other people's analyses, or just chiming in to say where they stand.  This type of "reaction" is the easiest thing to keep churning out as scum, just choosing a side in already discussed issues.

My issue, and the thing that Space 150% skipped responding to, is a lack of proactive-ness.

Space is best Lynch today, let's see those votes.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 07, 2019, 02:57:17 pm »

He didn't hop on the EFHW wagon (I did't either though) and some of his reads have been off in retrospective. Personally I have him in the "leaning town" group rather than "town".

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 07, 2019, 04:07:43 pm »

Didn't you promise a case on me? I'm still waiting.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 07, 2019, 04:22:13 pm »

Didn't you promise a case on me? I'm still waiting.

I'm not sure it's a good use of resources, because people, including the IC, have decided that your claim is good enough for a day pass and I don't think my case is gonna be strong enough to overcome that. I'd rather find your partner and really open up both barrels on them. If you don't mind.

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 07, 2019, 04:33:34 pm »

I didn’t find his D1 especially townie, especially his votes since they were mostly for me and not anywhere near EFHW. More towny today, but still just in a leaning category. I’m not seeing what has him in the clear for you.

PPE: Agree with pubby

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 07, 2019, 04:41:56 pm »

I apologize for playing sporadically, folks. We have houseguests this week and one of them is a 4 year old ninja so I have half finished messages on devices left on a number of different devices thrown to the side from when I jump up to put out the next fire.

Eddie, why PPS?

Awa, is there something more than “who knows?” to be said about Eddie?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1239 on: August 07, 2019, 04:56:51 pm »

Hey EFHW, you seem to be scumreading Galzria, but you're not voting. Want to make a wagon?

This is a pretty good faust case all by itself. What a partner call.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 07, 2019, 04:59:40 pm »

No one! But EFHW needs some heat.

Vote: EFHW. Who wants to make a grand Glooble case?
Look at the vote count. This is not going anywhere unless you give some reason for why we should vote EFHW. And if you're not prepared to do that, please put your vote somewhere more useful.

this one too.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 07, 2019, 05:05:39 pm »

Eh, I'm overthinking this.

vote: MiX

That's L-1.

This is town!Glooble, but please.  Think a bit more.  Where is MiX scum?  Point me to some of his scummy posts.  I just don't see it.

Or are you voting him based on meta?  because that is a terrible case.

Not only did e hammer EFHW, but e really threw himself at trying to stop the MiX wagon. So if we assume MiX = town, we have e doing some very towny things.

But, maybe they're too towny. I mean this level of sureness about MiX, and the hammer. e almost feels more like scum aggressively playing for town points than town. is that crazy?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 07, 2019, 05:11:05 pm »

Shraeye is town for not voting Glooble.
Why is that towny? It seems like we often use suspecting without voting as a scumtell.

This is a slight point in shraeye's favor. If you were scum and someone was giving your partner town points, even for what you consider to be bad reasons, would you question it? I think probably not but YMMV.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 07, 2019, 05:15:15 pm »

Apologies for not being around for last 2 days. I don't even have a good excuse, I just did not have the opportunity to get into the game. I have now caught up.

1) The main thing I noticed upon doing my catch up is that the Mix wagon has had like 2 potential counters [Galz and E]. Both Galz and E find MiX too towny to vote for. While there is like a 0% chance we just stumbled on the skum team day 1, it is at least notable that MiX doesn't seem to be inclined to lynch Galz or E (only viable counters) as well as Galz and E both don't seem inclined to lynch MiX. That is just suspicious from every angle.... but also, again, they probably are not all skum. Makes me a little suspicious of MiX if anything.

2) Everything regarding the Galz and Pubby stuff is ridiculous imo. Pubby because it is NAI. Galz because they were responding with the PR stuff to a direct question. They didn't just go and do the work for some random reason.

3) Everything regarding the L-1 situation is a little odd. I can totally see someone messing that up - so if anything, the skummy people are the ones that were trying to paint those players as skummy.

I find the trio of Mix,E,Galz strange - so for now Vote:Mix

The timing of this vote is scummy. It's extra scummy if e is scum. But this is the vote that sort of gets the MiX wagon going again, and it's Swan's first vote of the whole day, but it's not based on much for all that.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 07, 2019, 05:17:07 pm »

A few people think MiX is town. Does anyone think e is town?

I will be clear and say I think MiX is scum. I am voting e because we did the wagon switcharoo thingy and reaction surrounding that is super useful. I am not opposed to an e Lynch but I would prefer a mixed lynch (shaken, not stirred).

Now that is on the table I will Vote: MiX.

this is kinda the same as the Swan vote in terms of scumminess

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: August 07, 2019, 05:18:36 pm »

e could be white knighting. I don't want to go without placing a helpful vote, so

vote: e

But I'll have a chance to change it tomorrow if Galz wagon gets more support.

This ... makes e seem much townier. Kind of a dangerous place for scum!EFHW to bus when there was a perfectly good MiX wagon brewing.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 07, 2019, 05:21:12 pm »

unvote

I am still fine with my MiX vote. But out of respect of MiX's request to avoid a quickhammer as they have info they would like to share, I am un voting to make sure that happens.

MiX - what is it you wanted to get out?

this is actually also scummy if Swan and PPS are partners. Swan wanted to give the wagon a push, but doesn't actually want to end up on it when wagon analyses are done.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 07, 2019, 05:26:56 pm »

Oh I have pps' "fakeclaim": that's actually my real role.

I should put more PPEs...
pps's fakeclaim?
Ok, I see it.  At least we got to this with time to find someone else. unvote. I was voting e because he wasn't MiX.

Again though, the scummy unvote here. I don't think EFHW does this if e is town...

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 07, 2019, 05:27:36 pm »

(sorry about all these short posts. I'm doing a reread and working on a bigger thing, but then I kept having quick observations and it sort of turned into a stream of consciousness thing)

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 07, 2019, 05:30:51 pm »

Need more EFHW voters. If you vote before L-4 you'll get a personal thank-you note via PM once the game is concluded.

I have to admit that if this is scum!faust it's pretty dang ballsy. But we all remember what comes later, when he jumps off the wagon at the last minute. Still, in the interest of a fair analysis, this was definitely a thing that happened.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 99  All

Page created in 1.811 seconds with 20 queries.