Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250800 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1200 on: August 06, 2019, 01:46:24 pm »

Just wondering if you moving your vote was tied to me moving mine, or his claim.

Who knows.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 06, 2019, 01:52:03 pm »

Gone a bit back and forth on this, but it probably doesn't hurt, it will stop us wasting time suspecting me, and I partially slipped something anyways.

I released a harnessed child tonight.

This is why one of them was set free.
In other words my theory that harnessed kids = players is incorrect? Why didn't you speak up earlier? :S

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 06, 2019, 02:12:54 pm »

Gone a bit back and forth on this, but it probably doesn't hurt, it will stop us wasting time suspecting me, and I partially slipped something anyways.

In other words my theory that harnessed kids = players is incorrect? Why didn't you speak up earlier? :S
Earlier I thought it beneficial not to reveal this. I also didn't know what the harnessed kids are there for.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 06, 2019, 02:26:23 pm »

Earlier I thought it beneficial not to reveal this. I also didn't know what the harnessed kids are there for.

And now you do?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 06, 2019, 02:35:24 pm »

And now you do?
Is this rhethorical or something?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 06, 2019, 02:55:05 pm »

And now you do?
Is this rhethorical or something?

No, it was just a gut reaction without reading the rest of the thread
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 06, 2019, 03:04:19 pm »

Just wondering if you moving your vote was tied to me moving mine, or his claim.

Who knows.
You!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 06, 2019, 03:05:01 pm »

Shit, just got free but am caught up. The Harnessed Child thing looks good on faust for now in light of no counter claiming for the happenstance. So much so that I won't vote him today.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 06, 2019, 03:05:38 pm »

Also, Vote: Space
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 06, 2019, 05:21:11 pm »

Faust, you released a child? We’re you able to do anything else in regard to the child?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 06, 2019, 06:14:31 pm »

Not 100% caught up.

Re: harnessed kids -  Skum could have  some sort of PR that forces skum to give up a kid if they are to use said power (or something like that).

I find it strange the amount of like “compatibility” there seems to be between so many players in regards to the wording of their roles and opening QTs. I could be bias because i got like none of this info in mine... but because i didn’t... the fact that so many people seem to  have so much coordinating info.... kind of makes me skeptical of all the info.

I believe the kid mechanic, mainly because it makes sense (and Galz is IC)
Not 100% on glooble/mix at all
Still deciding about Faust

I Am not advocating a focus on players with this type of info right now... but the overall lack of suspicion that has been cast in general is... suspicious, and should be noted by all.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1211 on: August 06, 2019, 06:41:15 pm »

I find it strange the amount of like “compatibility” there seems to be between so many players in regards to the wording of their roles and opening QTs. I could be bias because i got like none of this info in mine... but because i didn’t... the fact that so many people seem to  have so much coordinating info.... kind of makes me skeptical of all the info.

Just to clarify: there’s nothing in my role pm that implies that MiX is town. Nothing that suggests the existence of a second town-aligned skitter.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 06, 2019, 06:45:06 pm »

Just to clarify: there’s nothing in my role pm that implies that MiX is town. Nothing that suggests the existence of a second town-aligned skitter.

And vice-versa.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 06, 2019, 06:52:12 pm »

I am liking ADK/PPS now as things to poke at. Maybe e...

I can’t shake the ADK thing.

Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 06, 2019, 08:02:09 pm »

- MiX also ended on the EFHW wagon, setting up the hammer. He very well could've stayed on me or on Joth - both of whom were viable late-lynch candidates.
Note also that MiX was trying to argue against this interpretation by asking what use his Joth case would have been anyway when EFHW flipped scum, and yet was not able to offer a town motivation for why making his self-claimed "big pile of nothing" Joth case when I asked him about it later (see #1023, which he never responded to, and which nobody else seems to want to pick up on).

For if EFHW flipped town, of course, but you clearly didn't think that could ever be possible.

What are you on about?? You are just so blatantly stubbornly refusing to engage with my actual point that I feel like one of us must just be missing something huge, because otherwise you make no sense.

Here is the timeline:

1. You say at #1017 "Looking back, my joth case is a big pile of nothing if I knew EFHW would flip scum...". This statement was made when we all know that EFHW has flipped scum.

2. In the very next post, I point out that if you knew EFHW was scum (i.e. by being scum), then it makes perfect sense for you to have been trying to make a case on not-EFHW in the run-up to her lynch. What I don't see is a strong reason for town!MiX making that same post. You're now, in D2, trying very hard to argue that your D1 case was useless, but not giving me any feel for why D1!town!MiX would have decided to put effort into building a Joth case and posting it at just the last-minute point where people were converging at least on the EFHW wagon in lynch-sufficient numbers.

3. You respond at #1021 saying "Also look at the timestamp of my big joth case: less than an hour before deadline. It's useless." -- you're definitely trying to prove that your case is useless, but evidently also trying very hard not to own the fact that you posted it in the first place.

4. At #1023, I said: The question here is not "was the case on Joth useful?". The question is, "given that you were definitely pushing a case on Joth, what do we think your intention in making it was?". This is because the only reason I can see for posting a Joth case that close to deadline was to sway some votes onto Joth.

(There is a loooooong gap where you go on to other things and never revisit my questions. During this time Shraeye characterizes the above as a town-v-scum sort of interaction, and since he seems to scumread me for that, I address it and point back to #1023).

5. You finally appear to respond to #1023 at #1176 with "For if EFHW flipped town, of course, but you clearly didn't think that could ever be possible.", which doesn't seem to address anything at all. Are you saying that you just wanted to have a Joth case out there in the post where you voted EFHW so that if EFHW flipped town people would just look back at it and give you towncred for saying you wanted to lynch someone else while actually voting for her anyway?

Lastly, why on earth are you asserting that I seem to think that EFHW couldn't have flipped town at the EoD anyway? Would you feel your Joth case was suddenly great if she'd flipped town? As I pointed out back at #1018, there's nothing tying EFHW and Joth together in terms of alignment in your case, so I don't see how EFHW's flip affects how good or bad you might feel your case is, and if my reasoning is coming from a place of knowing she flipped scum, that's because I know she flipped scum, and I'm scumreading you for your behaviour in the run-up to that flip.

So anyway, what am I missing that makes MiX's response, or refusal to acknowledge the stuff I'm asking about, make any sense? Does anyone else find his replies just infuriatingly evasive? Or does this just make sense to everyone else, and if so, could someone explain to me what I'm missing it in more accessible terms?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: August 06, 2019, 08:03:51 pm »

One sat down.  And another...free!

I was looking back at the harnessed kids information and caught this- there appears to be another kid who was tampered with during the night, though the only apparent effect is that they're now sitting? It might be insignificant flavor but it seems like there may be no such things as insignificant flavor.

I'm liking faust's claim and would like to look elsewhere than him for a lynch

I trust glooble way more than mix and am finding a lot of mix's behavior today suspicious (and am very underwhelmed by what his "IC" plan turned out to be)

PPE space
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 06, 2019, 08:38:38 pm »

Space:

Very simply, MiX went out of his way to say “This is my case on Joth for tomorrow”. There’s nothing wrong with a player, especially a town player, laying out a case on a different player he thinks is scum heading into deadline when he doesn’t even know if he’ll be alive tomorrow to make the case.

The point is, MiX acknowledged that it was too close to deadline to matter, and voted for now-confirmed scum instead, recognizing the wagon needed to be consolidated onto EFHW. I really don’t see what you think is scummy about this? Had EFHW flipped town, MiX would be pushing Joth today based on his case from yesterday. EFHW flipping scum however, points overwhelmingly towards town!joth and thus MiX is acknowledging the case was probably wrong. I see no incentive for scum!MiX to have wasted his time putting together that case knowing EFHW was about to flip scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 06, 2019, 10:51:23 pm »

That is actually a super useful clarification.. not the vibe i was getting.
You do think MiX is town though correct? Or am i making that up in my memory?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 07, 2019, 12:38:27 am »

Faust, you released a child? We’re you able to do anything else in regard to the child?
No comment.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 07, 2019, 01:19:04 am »

One sat down.  And another...free!

I was looking back at the harnessed kids information and caught this- there appears to be another kid who was tampered with during the night, though the only apparent effect is that they're now sitting? It might be insignificant flavor but it seems like there may be no such things as insignificant flavor.

Let's assume scum spent a child yesterday to NK and failed. What happens to the child?

I think it's possible the message may be in reference to this.

unvote

I think we should take another look at faust tomorrow. Each day brings a little more information about the kids.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 07, 2019, 03:23:40 am »

Space:

Very simply, MiX went out of his way to say “This is my case on Joth for tomorrow”. There’s nothing wrong with a player, especially a town player, laying out a case on a different player he thinks is scum heading into deadline when he doesn’t even know if he’ll be alive tomorrow to make the case.

The point is, MiX acknowledged that it was too close to deadline to matter, and voted for now-confirmed scum instead, recognizing the wagon needed to be consolidated onto EFHW. I really don’t see what you think is scummy about this? Had EFHW flipped town, MiX would be pushing Joth today based on his case from yesterday. EFHW flipping scum however, points overwhelmingly towards town!joth and thus MiX is acknowledging the case was probably wrong. I see no incentive for scum!MiX to have wasted his time putting together that case knowing EFHW was about to flip scum.

Best. IC.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 07, 2019, 03:28:21 am »

Lastly, why on earth are you asserting that I seem to think that EFHW couldn't have flipped town at the EoD anyway? Would you feel your Joth case was suddenly great if she'd flipped town? As I pointed out back at #1018, there's nothing tying EFHW and Joth together in terms of alignment in your case, so I don't see how EFHW's flip affects how good or bad you might feel your case is, and if my reasoning is coming from a place of knowing she flipped scum, that's because I know she flipped scum, and I'm scumreading you for your behaviour in the run-up to that flip.

Surely town would've known that I made the case not knowing EFHW's alignment, and thus "for tomorrow" means "if EFHW flips town". I'm not pursuing joth because a scum flip's more important for reads than a D1 case.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 07, 2019, 08:20:35 am »

I’m actually pretty convinced we’re dealing with town!MiX right now, FWIW.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 07, 2019, 08:31:31 am »

Do you care to expound on this?
Not really. Is there anything in particular that you need to know?

And by tonight, you mean N1?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 07, 2019, 08:57:00 am »

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.249 seconds with 20 queries.