Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250512 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1175 on: August 06, 2019, 05:16:53 am »

Gone a bit back and forth on this, but it probably doesn't hurt, it will stop us wasting time suspecting me, and I partially slipped something anyways.

I released a harnessed child tonight.

This is why one of them was set free.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 06, 2019, 06:19:01 am »

- MiX also ended on the EFHW wagon, setting up the hammer. He very well could've stayed on me or on Joth - both of whom were viable late-lynch candidates.
Note also that MiX was trying to argue against this interpretation by asking what use his Joth case would have been anyway when EFHW flipped scum, and yet was not able to offer a town motivation for why making his self-claimed "big pile of nothing" Joth case when I asked him about it later (see #1023, which he never responded to, and which nobody else seems to want to pick up on).

For if EFHW flipped town, of course, but you clearly didn't think that could ever be possible.

Vote: Space

There's something in my role that does allow for the existence of fully-town-aligned Skitters. I don't know whether all Skitters are town-aligned, but I do know that at least one of them can be. It also seems like there can be more than one Skitter.
So if you know one skitter is town-aligned, why are you voting for one?

Because the Skitter that I know is town-aligned cannot also be MiX (for reasons I don't want to go into). So we have no reason to believe that Skitter!MiX has to be town-aligned, and also no reason to believe that MiX is even telling the truth about being a Skitter to begin with, because that could be his fake-claim.

That's a lot of words for "I know Glooble is town", why even mention anything other than this?

Vote: ADK, I need to start to think for myself.

Why are you voting for me again?

I think Swan made a case for you? That and I only now fully understood your claim and how, while it limits scum!you's options, is a pretty towny thing to do, so it doesn't clear you.

Hmm stuck between (Space/ADK) at the moment.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1177 on: August 06, 2019, 07:55:44 am »

Vote Count 2.8:

faust (4): joth, pubby, Uncle, Awaclus
ADK (2): WCD, Datswan
Uncle (3): faust, ADK, 2.7
MiX (1): Space
Space (2): shraeye, MiX

Not Voting (3): Galzria, PPS, Glooble

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.  Day 2 ends at 10:00 p.m. on August 12.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 06, 2019, 09:47:09 am »

Gone a bit back and forth on this, but it probably doesn't hurt, it will stop us wasting time suspecting me, and I partially slipped something anyways.

Do you care to expound on this?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 06, 2019, 09:52:57 am »

Ash, should we take your statement that “it takes 8 to lynch” as a promise that will hold in all cases, or would you write it that way even if cases existed in which it would take more or less than 8 to lynch?

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.  In all games that I have modded, my vote count wording has been the same (at least since I codified it), regardless of the roles and role modifiers that may or may not have existed in them.  That statement applies to all past, present, and future games.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 06, 2019, 09:53:46 am »

Not really. Is there anything in particular that you need to know?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1181 on: August 06, 2019, 10:06:20 am »

I'm back from my V/LA but now of course I have a ton of work to catch up on. I'll try and catch up on this thread at lunch.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 06, 2019, 10:13:51 am »

Not really. Is there anything in particular that you need to know?

Do you have any proof? Does this disprove Galzria's theory? Why did you think it was something we needed to know? How does this information help us?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 06, 2019, 10:44:19 am »

Do you have any proof? Does this disprove Galzria's theory? Why did you think it was something we needed to know? How does this information help us?
1. Yes, there was a public message at the start of D2 saying that a child was released.
2. No.
3./4. Because I'm the top wagon right now, and this is a good reason to not lynch me.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 06, 2019, 10:59:05 am »

Faust, did you end up in overall agreement (or at least not contradicting) Galz's statement that the harnessed children are some kind of resource pool for scum? Does that mean that right now you think the children are something like scum shots, and that your action decreased their pool by one, thus helping town?

If that's the case, why do we think that scum chose not to use up any shots doing anything last night, such that we've only seen one child freed and not more than one, given that you take credit for the one that was freed?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: August 06, 2019, 11:14:50 am »

Faust, did you end up in overall agreement (or at least not contradicting) Galz's statement that the harnessed children are some kind of resource pool for scum? Does that mean that right now you think the children are something like scum shots, and that your action decreased their pool by one, thus helping town?

If that's the case, why do we think that scum chose not to use up any shots doing anything last night, such that we've only seen one child freed and not more than one, given that you take credit for the one that was freed?
I have no information that would disprove Galzria's theory. He did mention specifically that "used up" children die, and as you can see, the one that I released is alive.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 06, 2019, 11:23:38 am »

Do we have any idea what releasing these people does?

What is the thematic significance?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 06, 2019, 11:24:59 am »

Oh, well those last 2 posts help with that question, ignore me.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 06, 2019, 11:28:24 am »

Do we have any idea what releasing these people does?

What is the thematic significance?
I remove the harness and they wander off to their parents to live happily ever after. (paraphrased)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 06, 2019, 11:31:41 am »

I have no information that would disprove Galzria's theory. He did mention specifically that "used up" children die, and as you can see, the one that I released is alive.

My theory could be slightly flawed. Used may mean “no longer available”. However, that is something that will become self evident as days go by. Perhaps each Espheni has different “use” flavor. Still, the way the Child was freed has a townie ring to it, so I feel as if we should be willing to let it (the case for you being scummy, not the child) go for today.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 06, 2019, 11:38:36 am »

Vote: PPS

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 06, 2019, 11:38:57 am »

Uncleeurope Eddie

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1192 on: August 06, 2019, 11:54:32 am »

Vote: Eddie
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 06, 2019, 12:03:06 pm »

My theory could be slightly flawed. Used may mean “no longer available”. However, that is something that will become self evident as days go by. Perhaps each Espheni has different “use” flavor. Still, the way the Child was freed has a townie ring to it, so I feel as if we should be willing to let it (the case for you being scummy, not the child) go for today.

Except that there's absolutely no proof that faust was responsible for freeing the child!

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1194 on: August 06, 2019, 12:12:43 pm »

Except that there's absolutely no proof that faust was responsible for freeing the child!

Well, I think it's fair to assume so as long as nobody counterclaims.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 06, 2019, 12:24:49 pm »

True, however I don’t believe that it was a random (uncontrolled) mechanic, and I’m comfortable enough assuming he won’t be counter claimed (would be a dumb scum move otherwise). Further, I think it’s fair to assume it’s not a repeatable ability, given what it’s doing, so..
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 06, 2019, 12:54:12 pm »

Hey, Awaclus, would you rather kill Faust over me, still? Or was Faust just a fad?

Uncleeurope Eddie

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 06, 2019, 12:59:52 pm »

True, however I don’t believe that it was a random (uncontrolled) mechanic, and I’m comfortable enough assuming he won’t be counter claimed (would be a dumb scum move otherwise). Further, I think it’s fair to assume it’s not a repeatable ability, given what it’s doing, so..

Too many assumptions for my taste. People in this town are giving out town cred for any old claim.

Maybe it’s a powerful enough ability that it’s worth it to draw out the counterclaim. We really don’t know.

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1198 on: August 06, 2019, 01:31:25 pm »

Hey, Awaclus, would you rather kill Faust over me, still? Or was Faust just a fad?

Does it look like I'm voting for faust still?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 06, 2019, 01:33:22 pm »

Just wondering if you moving your vote was tied to me moving mine, or his claim.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 99  All

Page created in 1.792 seconds with 20 queries.