Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250719 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1150 on: August 05, 2019, 03:09:25 pm »

MiX's idea of IC is not what anybody else considers IC.

Well, if his current claim is true, then his idea of IC seems to be absolutely nothing at all.

It's not, no. But what can I say, I made a plan and was excited to claim it. I still think I'm the best PR. This reminds me, do you think I can inherit your ICify ability? if so, I suggest we lynch you and then we create another IC.

Galzria is best IC.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1151 on: August 05, 2019, 03:15:55 pm »

I am pretty sure he just means "really townie person that people think is town"

Looks like more like "really null person that people think is null" to me. MiX has voted for me today, even though I demonstrably have a role with a pro-town effect, which is the best case scenario his "IC plan" could have ever hoped for. More likely he pulls a Doctor or a Tracker or a Roleblocker or something and nobody can ever verify that he has it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1152 on: August 05, 2019, 03:16:53 pm »

It's not, no. But what can I say, I made a plan and was excited to claim it. I still think I'm the best PR. This reminds me, do you think I can inherit your ICify ability? if so, I suggest we lynch you and then we create another IC.

And then you get roleblocked and it was all for nothing. No thanks, let's lynch scum instead.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 05, 2019, 03:17:52 pm »

And then you get roleblocked and it was all for nothing. No thanks, let's lynch scum instead.

I actually make plans that are better than "and then I got roleblocked" (although it's fair if you don't believe it). Can you answer the question?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1154 on: August 05, 2019, 03:19:22 pm »

I actually make plans that are better than "and then I got roleblocked" (although it's fair if you don't believe it). Can you answer the question?

Apparently you make plans where "I will be an IC by day 3" means "if I'm lucky, I will be able to do a thing someone else did d2 and they were still my top scumread afterwards".

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1155 on: August 05, 2019, 03:24:59 pm »

And no, I'm not going to answer the question, since obviously what you're asking is just was my role 1-shot or can I keep creating more ICs every night, which I'm sure scum would love to know.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 05, 2019, 03:54:30 pm »

Hey all.  This will be a lot less organized that other catch-up posts. It pretty much sums up my current headspace

Catching up to VoteCount 2.7 (about 6 hrs ago)

NK:
No nightkill, awesome!
I agree with faust here:
1) probz more than 1 skum team.
Seems quite improbable given that there was no nightkill.
There are other aspects of DatSwans big ol' post that were weird too; I'll get to those.

While I'm agreeing with faust (and continue my streak of being agreeable with him...), let me also include
I think WCD deserves a bit more attention, but not today.
I mean, why not today? We still have time. And lots of people, including myself, scumread WCD.

vote: WCD
I have to say this post is pretty dang townie. pubby is on the Galzria wagon, which had just pulled even with EFHW, and at that point he decides to leave it for... someone who has absolutely no votes on them. It doesn't make any sense as a partner play.

DatSwan's post:(link)
I agree with point 1; I think Awaclus/DatSwan/joth/Galz(duh)/WCD are definitely getting townpoints here.  The hardest one in that list for me to believe is WCD. Lingering suspicion from Day1 exists, as well as other tiny radar blips not worth mentioning.

Hard disagree on his point#3, where players who later switched to EFHW are "cleared."  In particular, I think Space and Glooble deserve heat here.  Especially Space.

I also disagree with DatSwan's conclusion to look at [faust/eddit/ADK]  I'm feeling like that whole clump is town

SpaceAnenome:
The Space/MiX thing is definitely not scum/scum.  And I'm pretty sure it's not town/town.  So which one is scum?  Space.  As faust points out, Space does not look good on her EFHW vote, despite where it may fall numbers-wise.

Also, Space's reference to "EFHWs power" when the idea was still kicking around that EFHW may have multiple powers.  Really feels like Space knows the answer on that one.

Also, I made note a few times on Day1 that it really felt like Space was "after the action" on a lot of her posts.  Not a lot I can specifically point to there, but anybody who is willing to reread should keep an eye out for that.  The rhythm seems to be Event, Reaction, Speculation&Analysis, New Event, Space's post about Event#1.  Not the proactive stuff that my memory tells me Space is capable of.

Also also, hedgy unvote

Vote: Space

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 05, 2019, 04:08:38 pm »

Also, this mornings posts by Uncle make me more convinced he's town. 

Secondly and unrelatedly, I'm wary of pps.  I had a lot of moments where I agree with him day1, but no specific towny moments I can point to.  Given that I normally disagree with everybody, it seems like a fine reason to call him out.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 05, 2019, 04:09:34 pm »

Town:
Galzria
Joth
MiX
Swan
WCD
Awaclus
Pubby

I agree; two people here are on my radar, but I definitely still rate the whole list town.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 05, 2019, 04:11:05 pm »

shraeye, can you elaborate on the "Space/MiX" thing you're talking about? What is it and why does it make it unlikely for them both to be town or both to be scum?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 05, 2019, 04:13:29 pm »

shraeye, can you elaborate on the "Space/MiX" thing you're talking about? What is it and why does it make it unlikely for them both to be town or both to be scum?
A flurry of posts between them around the #1010 mark.  doesn't have the town/town feel.  And I don't think scum disagrees at eachother this hard given the EFHW lynch.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 05, 2019, 04:15:51 pm »

Vote: Space

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 05, 2019, 06:00:17 pm »

Also, I made note a few times on Day1 that it really felt like Space was "after the action" on a lot of her posts.  Not a lot I can specifically point to there, but anybody who is willing to reread should keep an eye out for that.  The rhythm seems to be Event, Reaction, Speculation&Analysis, New Event, Space's post about Event#1.  Not the proactive stuff that my memory tells me Space is capable of.

I agree with this...I have hard a time describing this to myself, but shraeye is better at explaining stuff than I am. I don’t know if it’s Space being busy and keeping up, though. Still mulling.

One thing I agree with MiX about...Galz is the best IC.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 05, 2019, 07:05:30 pm »

Well, let us know when you're done mulling and what your conclusion is

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 05, 2019, 07:10:38 pm »

Hey, am I getting scum-read for being British??

On weekdays I might check in during work hours (5am-1.30pm forum time roughly), but I'm not doing any serious analysis, and probably not voting unless it's strictly necessary, because I'm generally really busy and working in a shared office where I don't want to set a bad example to junior colleagues. I admit this is more strict than it was a year or two back, but I have soooo much work to do these days.

Work is usually followed by a few hours of being out and about doing stuff (tonight was dinner, choir rehearsal, post-choir drinks), so any real posting I do is likely to be in the 23:00-00:30 window (6pm-7.30pm forum time). Go back and read any game of mine in the last couple of years, and you're likely to see the same sort of pattern.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 05, 2019, 07:24:17 pm »

SpaceAnenome:
The Space/MiX thing is definitely not scum/scum.  And I'm pretty sure it's not town/town.  So which one is scum?  Space.  As faust points out, Space does not look good on her EFHW vote, despite where it may fall numbers-wise.

I already admitted I was very nearly going to vote elsewhere, but I went for EFHW because I thought she was the one one we had a chance on. Note that up till that point I had been saying I wasn't interested in voting EFHW simply because I didn't agree with faust's reasoning for throwing other people out of the nice logical lynchpool he'd made. That meant that any push before that wasn't able to count on my vote, and the EFHW lynch up till then was looking really marginal.. so I don't think me changing my mind is as irrelevant as faust is trying to claim. But sure, it wasn't like I was raring to lynch her, and I do think we were very lucky to get it through in the end.

Also, Space's reference to "EFHWs power" when the idea was still kicking around that EFHW may have multiple powers.  Really feels like Space knows the answer on that one.

That one's such a stretch it's laughable. MiX literally claimed to have received a power from EFHW (like, very specifically one singular power, possibly out of multiple), and I'm asking him in that post about the mechanisms because I think it could be broken, and wanted to see if he could be cornered into saying anything I could possibly disprove.

(Side note: I'm okay with she/her as a pronoun for people who find they/them too difficult, but I'd actually really prefer they/them if possible. Thanks!)
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 05, 2019, 07:30:13 pm »

There's something in my role that does allow for the existence of fully-town-aligned Skitters. I don't know whether all Skitters are town-aligned, but I do know that at least one of them can be. It also seems like there can be more than one Skitter.
So if you know one skitter is town-aligned, why are you voting for one?

Because the Skitter that I know is town-aligned cannot also be MiX (for reasons I don't want to go into). So we have no reason to believe that Skitter!MiX has to be town-aligned, and also no reason to believe that MiX is even telling the truth about being a Skitter to begin with, because that could be his fake-claim.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 05, 2019, 07:37:31 pm »

There's something in my role that does allow for the existence of fully-town-aligned Skitters. I don't know whether all Skitters are town-aligned, but I do know that at least one of them can be. It also seems like there can be more than one Skitter.

Because the Skitter that I know is town-aligned cannot also be MiX (for reasons I don't want to go into). So we have no reason to believe that Skitter!MiX has to be town-aligned, and also no reason to believe that MiX is even telling the truth about being a Skitter to begin with, because that could be his fake-claim.

That's a lot of words for "I know Glooble is town", why even mention anything other than this?

Vote: ADK, I need to start to think for myself.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 05, 2019, 07:44:52 pm »

Hey, am I getting scum-read for being British??

On weekdays I might check in during work hours (5am-1.30pm forum time roughly), but I'm not doing any serious analysis, and probably not voting unless it's strictly necessary, because I'm generally really busy and working in a shared office where I don't want to set a bad example to junior colleagues. I admit this is more strict than it was a year or two back, but I have soooo much work to do these days.

Work is usually followed by a few hours of being out and about doing stuff (tonight was dinner, choir rehearsal, post-choir drinks), so any real posting I do is likely to be in the 23:00-00:30 window (6pm-7.30pm forum time). Go back and read any game of mine in the last couple of years, and you're likely to see the same sort of pattern.
#strawman

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 05, 2019, 07:46:33 pm »

- MiX also ended on the EFHW wagon, setting up the hammer. He very well could've stayed on me or on Joth - both of whom were viable late-lynch candidates.

With apologies for returning to a point I made previously, MiX being on-wagon only happened after it was already looking inevitable. I'd moved to EFHW by counting the number of present voters and deciding she was the only one we could get through. MiX was literally in the middle of trying to pivot to Joth when my vote and Glooble's came in, and he only re-joined EFHW as a PPE on a Joth case... so he was trying hard to move his vote in a plausible-looking way just past the point at which joining the EFHW wagon looked townie.

Note also that MiX was trying to argue against this interpretation by asking what use his Joth case would have been anyway when EFHW flipped scum, and yet was not able to offer a town motivation for why making his self-claimed "big pile of nothing" Joth case when I asked him about it later (see #1023, which he never responded to, and which nobody else seems to want to pick up on).

Anyway, I'm somewhat frustrated at being scumread for being a "late joiner" on the EFHW wagon at a point where it might not have gone through without my vote, and MiX is being townread as an early enough participant for having joined two votes later when it was much more clearly going to succeed.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: August 05, 2019, 07:54:45 pm »

That's a lot of words for "I know Glooble is town", why even mention anything other than this?

Your logic is flawed. I want to make it clear that I'm not saying I can vouch for Glooble's towniness.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 05, 2019, 07:59:21 pm »

#strawman

What? You said I often respond behind the action, and I'm pointing out that most of my posting is done in a 1-2-hour window, so anything posted after about now in the day isn't going to be picked up by my for up to 23 hours... and it would be terrible play for me not to respond to relevant stuff just because it's a few hours old, especially because it's common for a lot of the US-based players to post stuff in their evening times.

And on that note... it's almost 1am and I'm actually in my office, so I need to head home to bed!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 05, 2019, 08:29:28 pm »

Got slammed at work today and trying to do family things tonight. Should be super available tomorrow though. Tried to catch up over dinner but when it got to space posting it started to blur so I will just try again tomorrow. In general, I’m feeling town on Awaclus.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 05, 2019, 11:08:39 pm »

Vote: ADK, I need to start to think for myself.

Why are you voting for me again?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 06, 2019, 03:38:14 am »

Town #1: Joth
- First and foremost, he's been playing crazy hard into his town meta all game. Scum!Joth is much more subtle than this, and I've been saying it since D1.
I know you have, and I have townread joth for the exact same reason in M120. He was scum. So I don't accept that as a town tell.

If Joth doesn't come back to the EFHW wagon, that wagon doesn't happen.
I really don't like this line of reasoning. First of all, who knows? Eddie said he was around to vote, so one vote less wouldn't have killed the wagon. Second, even if it were true, scum had no way of knowing it at the time. It could just as easily be a decision of being off-wagon for a scum lynch vs being on wagon. Voting EFHW is the minimax strategy for scum there.

Awaclus:
- There isn't a whole lot to be said here. Awaclus could've just as easily stayed off of the EFHW wagon as gotten on, and nobody would've bothered to criticize him for it, because it's Awaclus.
Like... what? Awaclus isn't immune to wagon analysis, and suggesting otherwise is ridiculous. Of course he would have looked scummy if he was off the scum lynch.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.076 seconds with 20 queries.