Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250774 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1100 on: August 05, 2019, 09:36:04 am »

Well, I have gotten multiple notifications that others have posted in this conversation but I posted anyway, for one. I also am back to back posting a lot more. I can’t prove that I’ve been doing this all game, no.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 05, 2019, 09:38:11 am »

Well, I have gotten multiple notifications that others have posted in this conversation but I posted anyway, for one. I also am back to back posting a lot more. I can’t prove that I’ve been doing this all game, no.

Can you point to a specific part of a post that suggests you didn't read PPEs?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 05, 2019, 09:44:13 am »

Can someone provide me a way for ADK to have a safe fakeclaim that could have a number rating of 6 that doesn't immediately trigger any "obv!scum" alarms on anyone who knows the flavor or read the wiki? Notice how his fakeclaim must've been Matt Mason, since they claimed it (and if he claimed a partner's fakeclaim they're tied, given how EFHW flipped her fakeclaim).

With the above, I believe ADK must be town, and therefore will only lynch in (Eddie/Awaclus/faust), with the third option being if the other 2 becomes quasi-ICs.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 05, 2019, 09:48:04 am »

Can someone provide me a way for ADK to have a safe fakeclaim that could have a number rating of 6 that doesn't immediately trigger any "obv!scum" alarms on anyone who knows the flavor or read the wiki? Notice how his fakeclaim must've been Matt Mason, since they claimed it (and if he claimed a partner's fakeclaim they're tied, given how EFHW flipped her fakeclaim).

With the above, I believe ADK must be town, and therefore will only lynch in (Eddie/Awaclus/faust), with the third option being if the other 2 becomes quasi-ICs.
Why do you think that ADK's fakeclaim had a number rating of 6? I assumed that his real flavor has that rating.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 05, 2019, 09:49:54 am »

Why do you think that ADK's fakeclaim had a number rating of 6? I assumed that his real flavor has that rating.

Sorry, I was thinking about it from a different perspective when I realized that was impossible. I meant his real role. So replace "a safe fakeclaim" with "a safe claim": notice how scum!ADK has to claim his actual role and not any fake ones. But thanks for catching that, I had changed my mind in the middle of the post.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 05, 2019, 09:52:25 am »

Sorry, I was thinking about it from a different perspective when I realized that was impossible. I meant his real role. So replace "a safe fakeclaim" with "a safe claim": notice how scum!ADK has to claim his actual role and not any fake ones. But thanks for catching that, I had changed my mind in the middle of the post.
I don't understand what your getting at. What makes you think that ADK "had to" claim his actual flavor?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 05, 2019, 09:57:35 am »

Uh, no?

How many baddies do you honk are in your trio of suspects?

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 05, 2019, 09:59:03 am »

I don't understand what your getting at. What makes you think that ADK "had to" claim his actual flavor?

"Has to", not "had to": if he claims now, he must claim his real flavor, because his safe fakeclaim is Matt Mason.

To sum up: scum!ADK has 2 safe claims: Matt Mason and a scum flavor with a number rating of 6 (he could've lied about the rating but it's better for him if it's lower). Therefore, if he's forced to claim, he needs to claim his real role, which is most likely "obv!scum" from town's perspective (after all, it CAN be scum). This means that scum!ADK is essencially forced to claim a much less townier role than he would otherwise need to.

As I write this, however, it is possible that he thought this was a townier claim than Matt Mason...

Uh, no?

How many baddies do you honk are in your trio of suspects?

2. Also, why not?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 05, 2019, 10:00:17 am »

I mean, I have been multiposting a lot and have had to make follow-ups. But I don’t think that’s what you are asking.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 05, 2019, 10:02:18 am »

Oh, also I didn’t catch ADK had claimed Matt Mason, when was that? I only saw his number claim.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: August 05, 2019, 10:04:21 am »

When do I claim stuff, by the way?

Uncleeurope Eddie

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1111 on: August 05, 2019, 10:05:18 am »

When do I claim stuff, by the way?

When you think it benefits your alignment.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 05, 2019, 10:07:52 am »

And I was hoping to ask town whether it benefitted their alignment.

Silly me.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 05, 2019, 10:11:43 am »

Silly me.

How are we supposed to know? Glooble claimed because he was going to be outed, I softclaimed to avoid being lynched and now claimed because scum can deduce my role, do you have any reason like these?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 05, 2019, 10:12:01 am »

MiX, why do you suspect Awaclus and how much of Awaclus’s claim do you think is true?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 05, 2019, 10:13:13 am »

To sum up: scum!ADK has 2 safe claims: Matt Mason and a scum flavor with a number rating of 6 (he could've lied about the rating but it's better for him if it's lower). Therefore, if he's forced to claim, he needs to claim his real role, which is most likely "obv!scum" from town's perspective (after all, it CAN be scum). This means that scum!ADK is essencially forced to claim a much less townier role than he would otherwise need to.
I mean... yes? I thought all this was commonly understood. I'm also not sure how any of it makes ADK town, as you seem to imply.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1116 on: August 05, 2019, 10:22:38 am »

Silly me.

The default play is to claim when you're about to get lynched, to prevent it from happening. Depending on what your role is, you can use your own judgment to claim earlier, or very rarely not even claim to prevent your own lynch. Think about what scum can do if they know your role (at the very least, it helps them PoE but sometimes it helps them more than that) and how it can hurt town if we don't know your role.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 05, 2019, 10:25:14 am »

I look forward to the time when I have enough free time to fully articulate how scummy faust is and why we should definitely lynch him today. Maybe this evening! But in the meantime, nothing today has made me want to change my vote.

That said, I don’t hate the Eddie wagon. I also think this notion that Eddie flipping scum would clear faust is pretty ridiculous. If scum didnt bus yesterday they are sure as hell bussing hard today, especially given how much weight literally everyone is putting on wagon analysis today.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 05, 2019, 10:32:03 am »

That said, I don’t hate the Eddie wagon. I also think this notion that Eddie flipping scum would clear faust is pretty ridiculous. If scum didnt bus yesterday they are sure as hell bussing hard today, especially given how much weight literally everyone is putting on wagon analysis today.

I would never ever bus here, precisely for this reason.

MiX, why do you suspect Awaclus and how much of Awaclus’s claim do you think is true?

I believe he made Galz an IC, but it was intentional and a side-effect of another role he has.

I look forward to the time when I have enough free time to fully articulate how scummy faust is and why we should definitely lynch him today. Maybe this evening! But in the meantime, nothing today has made me want to change my vote.

That reminds me, I need to reread his scum game.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1119 on: August 05, 2019, 10:35:34 am »

I believe he made Galz an IC, but it was intentional and a side-effect of another role he has.

Well, I guess if you want to see the fact that I'm hated as the main part of my role and ICing a random townie other than myself as the side-effect, sure, I made Galz an IC and it was intentional and a side-effect of another role I have.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 05, 2019, 10:36:25 am »

Vote: Faust

MiX, you expressed interest in this as well, lessgo.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1121 on: August 05, 2019, 10:37:47 am »

Vote: faust

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 05, 2019, 10:44:11 am »

Well, I guess if you want to see the fact that I'm hated as the main part of my role and ICing a random townie other than myself as the side-effect, sure, I made Galz an IC and it was intentional and a side-effect of another role I have.

That's not...I'm somewhat annoyed by the intentional misinterpretation but I like Awaclus' jokes, so I can't be mad.

Hey Vote: ADK, can you claim?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1123 on: August 05, 2019, 11:01:49 am »

Vote Count 2.7:

faust (2): joth, pubby
ADK (3): Uncle, WCD, Datswan
Uncle (5): faust, MiX, ADK, 2.7, Awaclus
MiX (1): Space

Not Voting (4): Galzria, PPS, Glooble, shraeye

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.  Day 2 ends at 10:00 p.m. on August 12.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 05, 2019, 11:05:33 am »

Ok I wrote a whole thing and it got deleted.

In games I’ve run with hated and loved mechanics, I’ve always been careful to say “It takes X votes to lynch most people” because otherwise “it takes X to lynch” could be construed as a mod lie and therefor bastard.

Ash, should we take your statement that “it takes 8 to lynch” as a promise that will hold in all cases, or would you write it that way even if cases existed in which it would take more or less than 8 to lynch?

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.096 seconds with 20 queries.