Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250421 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #800 on: July 30, 2019, 10:56:38 am »

PPE: If we really think faust is playing 3-D chess I feel like the correct move would be to lynch EFHW today rather than faust, so I guess that's a point in favor of that wagon.
Maybe I am not parsing this correctly, but it reads to me like "under the assumption that faust is scum, the best move is to lynch someone other than faust".

I took it more as faust is always playing 3D chess and the way to understand his moves are to play along for a while.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #801 on: July 30, 2019, 11:03:03 am »

PPE: If we really think faust is playing 3-D chess I feel like the correct move would be to lynch EFHW today rather than faust, so I guess that's a point in favor of that wagon.
Maybe I am not parsing this correctly, but it reads to me like "under the assumption that faust is scum, the best move is to lynch someone other than faust".

Not exactly. I think faust is town. The only scum!faust scenario that makes any sense at all to me is the one where EFHW is also scum. That's not true in reverse so I'd rather lynch EFHW. Plus there's already a huge wagon on EFHW, whereas its up in the air whether or not we'd have the votes for a faust lynch.

But honestly, I find that scum!faust gambit possibility pretty unlikely, so its kind of moot.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 30, 2019, 11:07:35 am »

Ya’ll are crazy. Joth is so ridiculously in his town!meta it’s literally impossible for him to be scum.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 30, 2019, 11:13:57 am »

He has been all about getting a lynch, any lynch. But, I mean, any lynch.

That's a weird way to describe the only person who suggested no lynch but ok.

Oh I thought you were one of the people who wanted to lynch me. Carry on I guess.

Right you are. No lynch is included in the list of any lynches you will take.

No lynch is explicitly not a lynch.

You are so wound up you're missing the joke. My whole point is you appear townie because you don't seem concerned with who we do or do not lynch. All options are on the table. Scum is about limiting options.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 30, 2019, 11:15:14 am »

Joth’s quote fail

Oh I thought you were one of the people who wanted to lynch me. Carry on I guess.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #805 on: July 30, 2019, 11:20:21 am »

I'm confused.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 30, 2019, 11:22:52 am »

I will by the way be around for the deadline. Not that I am particularly eager to switch my vote.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 30, 2019, 12:35:46 pm »

Dinner now, catching up later.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 30, 2019, 12:51:17 pm »

My opinion of Faust?

My opinion of you?

faust

I am slightly biased seeing as I made a conscious decision to perms-trust Faust in order to simplify my life. That being said, I am not regretting that decision this game. Bossy players are townier than scummier on average.

I also think the neck sticking out for MiX is significant.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 30, 2019, 02:07:59 pm »

Will be around pretty consistently until like 6 hours out... then unfortunately probably not at all until DL.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: July 30, 2019, 02:11:03 pm »

Any opinions of who could be scum if EFHW turns out to be town?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 30, 2019, 02:14:17 pm »

I won't be around much at all before deadline I'm afraid. I can check in tonight while I'm watching the debates.

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 30, 2019, 02:14:44 pm »

Vote: faust

He totally sold an EFHW wagon and it crept up. As it finally got big enough to be the definitive lynch he jumped off saying she must be town. What about the sale, faust? Are you not buying your own product? Not only does he get off his own wagon he goes to joth, who I may have initially been willing to lynch, but the more I think about I'm convinced is town.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 30, 2019, 03:29:38 pm »

Any opinions of who could be scum if EFHW turns out to be town?

My first thought with this was how fatalistic, but then with the vote count it makes sense.  No real competing wagons right now.

So let's try.

vote: Galzria
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 30, 2019, 03:30:38 pm »

Vote: faust

He totally sold an EFHW wagon and it crept up. As it finally got big enough to be the definitive lynch he jumped off saying she must be town. What about the sale, faust? Are you not buying your own product? Not only does he get off his own wagon he goes to joth, who I may have initially been willing to lynch, but the more I think about I'm convinced is town.

Good point, but faust is just not getting lynched today.  I look forward to your case against faust tomorrow.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 30, 2019, 03:32:18 pm »

Ya’ll are crazy. Joth is so ridiculously in his town!meta it’s literally impossible for him to be scum.

About my Galzria vote - I don't have him in a obv!town category and this post just didn't feel right to me.  I feel like this is something scum would say.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 30, 2019, 04:12:56 pm »

Rereading Galzria, and there is nothing that I can really latch onto to build a "good case" to garner support for a Galzria lynch.  These are things that I have noticed

1) Initial posts are just generally useful.  From providing a background on pubby from a previous game to providing a advantages/neutral/disadvantages of claiming.  Not scummy.  Just useful

2) The whole "Intent to Hammer" sequence that finds Galzria joking(?) about it not actually being L-1 then saying that he didn't know it was L-1.  He then immediately jumps into building a case against Swan and encouraging MiX not to claim anything.

3) and then continues to build a case against Swan and defend MiX.

And 4) He has convinced me.

vote: swan

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #817 on: July 30, 2019, 04:17:59 pm »

e, if your only options were no lynch of EFHW, which would you pick?

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #818 on: July 30, 2019, 04:20:19 pm »

*or

He/ Him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 30, 2019, 04:38:25 pm »

I would prefer not to have to make that choice.

But in the end, I lynch EFHW when given that choice D1.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 30, 2019, 04:40:36 pm »

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.  Day 1 ends at 6:00 a.m. on July 31.

Deadline is when?  6 a.m. Forum Time?  which makes it noon for me.  I will be online tomorrow to place a different vote if I need to.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 30, 2019, 04:42:35 pm »

What about you when given that choice?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #822 on: July 30, 2019, 04:59:44 pm »

What about you when given that choice?

Honestly can't decide. Leaning towards the lynch.

He/ Him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 30, 2019, 05:10:34 pm »

I highly dislike how faust is ordering everyone around. His turn against the EFHW wagon (and the craptastic reasoning behind it) makes it infinitely more attractive to me.

Would also happily start a faust wagon.

I don't get this.. to me, it looks like faust has been saying really sensible things, most of which follow really logically. Do you disagree with the logic faust is presenting, that he follows it all the way through to making recommendations about how town should behave, or just that he does it in kind of a bossy manner sometimes?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 30, 2019, 05:33:17 pm »

I don't think faust has been that sensible. He's making very strong claims and then reneging on them ;D He's playing like me, basically. And his logic against EFHW was flawed to begin with.

I'm a little suspicious of him BTW but I don't see the point in voting for him yet.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 99  All

Page created in 1.817 seconds with 20 queries.