Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250516 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #775 on: July 30, 2019, 10:10:00 am »

Would scum e stay off two town wagons? Or are Galz and Shraye taking turns being off-wagon?
I mean sure it doesn't hurt scum!e to stay off the town wagons - there are no dangerous alternative wagons around.

But at the same time, you should take wagon analysis of EFHW with a grain of salt as by that time scum have already been alerted that town is watching the wagon compositions.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 30, 2019, 10:15:02 am »

Would scum e stay off two town wagons? Or are Galz and Shraye taking turns being off-wagon?
I mean sure it doesn't hurt scum!e to stay off the town wagons - there are no dangerous alternative wagons around.

But at the same time, you should take wagon analysis of EFHW with a grain of salt as by that time scum have already been alerted that town is watching the wagon compositions.

Isn't scum always aware that town is watching the wagons?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 30, 2019, 10:17:45 am »

But I get the point that the MiX one is maybe more valuable than the EFHW one.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #778 on: July 30, 2019, 10:23:01 am »

Let's look at joth. Specifically his interaction with the MiX wagon.

I think I want to vote: Space

They feel off this game. And they’re exhibiting a sometimes-valid scumtell: over-explaining/defending all their actions.
I actually agree but I want to know what you think of MiX.

1. MiX always comes off scummy and is usually town.
2. MiX is reading no scummiest than normal to me this game.
3. I’m weary of the size and speed of the MiX wagon.

All that adds up to a likely mislynches to me and I’d like to look elsewhere.

I keep thinking about what PPS said about MiX’s wagon:

It’s not the fast build you have to worry about, it’s the ones that get pretty far and then stall out mysteriously.

Pretty much exactly what’s happened with MiX.

Like, I know I wasn’t the biggest fan of the MiX wagon, but I’m not really sure why we gave up on it? There hasn’t been any compelling counter argument. It just faded away and now we’re fiahing around for another wagon like he’d claimed or something. I don’t love it.

I don't know what to do with these three quotes. Because joth is criticizing town for letting the MiX wagon stall out when he himself is a big part of the reason it stalled out. He says there's no compelling counterargument, but the biggest counterargument was his own. At the very least it caused me to leave the wagon. I don't see a town narrative or a scum narrative that neatly explains that behavior.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 30, 2019, 10:26:50 am »

He has been all about getting a lynch, any lynch. But, I mean, any lynch.

That's a weird way to describe the only person who suggested no lynch but ok.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: July 30, 2019, 10:31:09 am »

Right you are. No lynch is included in the list of any lynches you will take.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 30, 2019, 10:32:05 am »

I highly dislike how faust is ordering everyone around. His turn against the EFHW wagon (and the craptastic reasoning behind it) makes it infinitely more attractive to me.

Would also happily start a faust wagon.

Joth, do you still find this reasoning craptastic? Also have your feelings on no lynch changed?

That reasoning is fine unless faust is the partner. Right? But yeah, there has been plenty of effort to get someone other than EFHW lynched, as you pointed out. It hasn't been emphatic, but that makes sense. It's day 1. EFHW's partners would probably rather have bus cred than make themselves obvious by trying to derail the wagon. If they were going to derail it, they'd do it exactly how faust just did. So it's not a compelling case to me.

On the other hand, I'm not convinced EFHW is scum. I trust that a number of my fellow townies think she is and she seems like a better wagon than me, or Galz, or MiX, or any of the other wagons that have the potential to actually get there in the next 19 hours.

To answer your other question, I would love to no lynch, honestly. But nobody else seems inclined.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 30, 2019, 10:32:20 am »

No lynch is explicitly not a lynch.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 30, 2019, 10:32:38 am »

In fact, it's the only thing that's not a lynch.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 30, 2019, 10:33:34 am »

pps, if your charge is "he seems desperate to get day 1 over with" then guilty the hell as charged

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #785 on: July 30, 2019, 10:35:44 am »

I highly dislike how faust is ordering everyone around. His turn against the EFHW wagon (and the craptastic reasoning behind it) makes it infinitely more attractive to me.

Joth, do you still find this reasoning craptastic? Also have your feelings on no lynch changed?

That reasoning is fine unless faust is the partner. Right? But yeah, there has been plenty of effort to get someone other than EFHW lynched, as you pointed out. It hasn't been emphatic, but that makes sense. It's day 1. EFHW's partners would probably rather have bus cred than make themselves obvious by trying to derail the wagon. If they were going to derail it, they'd do it exactly how faust just did. So it's not a compelling case to me.

On the other hand, I'm not convinced EFHW is scum. I trust that a number of my fellow townies think she is and she seems like a better wagon than me, or Galz, or MiX, or any of the other wagons that have the potential to actually get there in the next 19 hours.

To answer your other question, I would love to no lynch, honestly. But nobody else seems inclined.

Didn't faust start the EFHW wagon though? Doesn't make a lot of sense to start a wagon on your partner, push it super hard, and derail it at the last minute.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 30, 2019, 10:39:37 am »

Didn't faust start the EFHW wagon though? Doesn't make a lot of sense to start a wagon on your partner, push it super hard, and derail it at the last minute.

Yeah, I guess that's fair. It's still very possible that faust is just wrong and just did scum's work for them.

Glooble, who do you think is scum? Who would you like to lynch today?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 30, 2019, 10:40:41 am »

I mean, doesn't it, though? If the derail doesn't work, you get excellent town cred because of the case you're making right now. If it does work, you both get excellent town cred. I wouldn't put it past faust as a maneuver.

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 30, 2019, 10:40:58 am »

Vote Count 1.13:

MiX (1): pubby
Uncleeurope (1): 2.7
EFHW (7): MiX, PPS, Galzria, WCD, Datswan, Awaclus, joth
Galzria (2) EFHW, Glooble
WCD (1): shraeye
joth (2): ADK, faust
2.7 (1): Uncle

Not Voting (1): Space

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.  Day 1 ends at 6:00 a.m. on July 31.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 30, 2019, 10:44:30 am »

Except that is super smart because it essentially clears him, right? Why not start a wagon on your buddy and push it hard if you are reasonably confident that you can derail it so they don't get lynched and you come off looking more awesome in the end? Whenever I play with faust, I feel like he is playing chess and I am playing checkers because he is three or four levels ahead of "and then this will happen, and then this will happen..."

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #790 on: July 30, 2019, 10:46:20 am »

Glooble, who do you think is scum? Who would you like to lynch today?

I don't know. Galz is still rubbing me the wrong way but that's not getting any traction really and his response to my case on him was... reasonably plausible. I still haven't ruled you out. E is someone a lot of people have expressed interest in lynching but no one seems to be pushing very hard. Might be worth a look.

Not sure if I'd hammer EFHW to get a lynch at this point. Keep going back and forth.

PPE: If we really think faust is playing 3-D chess I feel like the correct move would be to lynch EFHW today rather than faust, so I guess that's a point in favor of that wagon.

He/ Him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 30, 2019, 10:47:25 am »

If I'm under the radar in this game it's not because of my efforts, no one even responded to my big reads post up there. Frankly I feel kind of invisible this game

:/

You asked about faust....what are you thinking there?

I've been finding faust kind of scummy this game. I'm curious to hear Eddie's opinion specifically though
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 30, 2019, 10:49:38 am »

Except that is super smart because it essentially clears him, right? Why not start a wagon on your buddy and push it hard if you are reasonably confident that you can derail it so they don't get lynched and you come off looking more awesome in the end? Whenever I play with faust, I feel like he is playing chess and I am playing checkers because he is three or four levels ahead of "and then this will happen, and then this will happen..."

I want to believe this is true, but I actually don't. Usually the crazier the scum plan, the less likely it is that scum is actually doing it, especially on day 1. I retract my comment about wanting to lynch faust. I think he's most likely town at this point, unfortunately.

He/him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 30, 2019, 10:49:54 am »

My opinion of Faust?

My opinion of you?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 30, 2019, 10:50:22 am »

I mean, doesn't it, though? If the derail doesn't work, you get excellent town cred because of the case you're making right now. If it does work, you both get excellent town cred. I wouldn't put it past faust as a maneuver.

Ha! Same!  But I guess if we can both figure it out, its maybe not so next level at all....

PPE: More samesies

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: July 30, 2019, 10:51:42 am »

PPE: If we really think faust is playing 3-D chess I feel like the correct move would be to lynch EFHW today rather than faust, so I guess that's a point in favor of that wagon.
Maybe I am not parsing this correctly, but it reads to me like "under the assumption that faust is scum, the best move is to lynch someone other than faust".

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 30, 2019, 10:52:47 am »

If joth flips town, faust and EFHW lose every towncred they would be building up for with the play. It's so useless it can't come from scum!faust.

Joth is soooooo scum, it's crazy.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 30, 2019, 10:53:38 am »

Joth is soooooo scum, it's crazy.
And yet you're voting for EFHW...

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 30, 2019, 10:55:44 am »

You are so wound up you're missing the joke. My whole point is you appear townie because you don't seem concerned with who we do or do not lynch. All options are on the table. Scum is about limiting options.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 30, 2019, 10:55:58 am »

My opinion of Faust?

My opinion of you?

faust
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 99  All

Page created in 1.455 seconds with 20 queries.