Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250563 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #650 on: July 28, 2019, 04:50:38 pm »

What part of REBELLION do you not understand? The 2 flavor names I could have actively fight the flavor that is the scum team: why on earth can't they be town? They're just as allies to humans as the Volm are: how many third-parties do you think exist?

The part where I am reading about skitters capturing and harnessing humans and turning them into drones for the Espheni. I do it doubt you have a safe fake claim as a skitter. That Glooble came forth the way he did makes me feel certain he is the town aligned skitter if there even is one. You are having us believe that not only are you a town aligned skitter but one of two leaders. It seems too convenient and too much like a well read fake claim.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 28, 2019, 04:56:02 pm »

What part of REBELLION do you not understand? The 2 flavor names I could have actively fight the flavor that is the scum team: why on earth can't they be town? They're just as allies to humans as the Volm are: how many third-parties do you think exist?

The part where I am reading about skitters capturing and harnessing humans and turning them into drones for the Espheni. I do it doubt you have a safe fake claim as a skitter. That Glooble came forth the way he did makes me feel certain he is the town aligned skitter if there even is one. You are having us believe that not only are you a town aligned skitter but one of two leaders. It seems too convenient and too much like a well read fake claim.

Okay am I crazy or did you completely miss the part that there's a skitter rebellion, I'm one of the leaders of said rebellion, and they very clearly side with the humans. I literally reread the wiki page about it, they're so incredibly town it's silly for you to think otherwise, I don't know maybe it's just me, but fighting the normal skitters kinda makes you on the good side, righr? What does anyone else have to say about this?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #652 on: July 28, 2019, 05:00:01 pm »

I don't want to give anything else away - I think I've given away too much already. PPS, please trust me. MiX's claim makes sense as town.

I think pubby's attempt to get my flavor name was very scummy.

vote: pubby

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 28, 2019, 05:01:37 pm »

I don't want to give anything else away - I think I've given away too much already. PPS, please trust me. MiX's claim makes sense as town.

It's scummy, but scum pubby doesn't do it.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 28, 2019, 05:10:13 pm »

Okay am I crazy or did you completely miss the part that there's a skitter rebellion, I'm one of the leaders of said rebellion, and they very clearly side with the humans. I literally reread the wiki page about it, they're so incredibly town it's silly for you to think otherwise, I don't know maybe it's just me, but fighting the normal skitters kinda makes you on the good side, righr? What does anyone else have to say about this?

No you're not crazy and I didn't miss it. I am saying this fits a fake claim perfectly. That's the extent of it.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 28, 2019, 06:24:36 pm »

pps is reacting in the scummiest way to the MiX claim IMO (assuming the MiX claim is true)

It's not only the towniest way possible, it's also incredibly scummy if I AM scum, because it's putting preemptive holes in my claim for me to defend immediately in a controlled environment (assuming we're buddies).

I'm a bit lost in your reply here. Are you basically saying that if you're scum then PPS would be acting foolishly as your scum-buddy, so he can't be scum? That doesn't work because you could both be different flavours of scum. If you're town as you say you are, though, are you saying that you think PPS's response is townie? I'm genuinely just not sure I'm reading you correctly.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 28, 2019, 06:28:31 pm »

pps is reacting in the scummiest way to the MiX claim IMO (assuming the MiX claim is true)

It's not only the towniest way possible, it's also incredibly scummy if I AM scum, because it's putting preemptive holes in my claim for me to defend immediately in a controlled environment (assuming we're buddies).

I'm a bit lost in your reply here. Are you basically saying that if you're scum then PPS would be acting foolishly as your scum-buddy, so he can't be scum? That doesn't work because you could both be different flavours of scum. If you're town as you say you are, though, are you saying that you think PPS's response is townie? I'm genuinely just not sure I'm reading you correctly.

I'm saying pps' my buddy, for better or for worse.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 28, 2019, 06:37:16 pm »

How do you feel about the fact that MiX stated publicly that he thinks (or at least thought?) that Pubby is town?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 28, 2019, 06:41:00 pm »

... that didn't really clarify it for me!

Are you saying that pps is your buddy somehow? In what sense? He clearly doesn't seem to think he is.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #659 on: July 28, 2019, 06:41:39 pm »

How do you feel about the fact that MiX stated publicly that he thinks (or at least thought?) that Pubby is town?

I thought that too. But I can't think of any reason a town-aligned player asks what he asks and states out loud what he stated out loud.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #660 on: July 28, 2019, 06:50:32 pm »

In the show Paint Face gains power after Red Eye dies. MiX talking about gaining power after 3 days may be in reference to this.
Glooble, are you Red Eye?

Why does a town player ask this? How can public discussion of this theory possibly benefit town? The benefit to scum is clear.

He/ Him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 28, 2019, 07:04:54 pm »

Wow, you all have been busy! I picked a bad weekend to go out of town...

I’ll read the 6+ pages of content tomorrow and get caught up in the morning.

One question in the meantime:

It's scummy, but scum pubby doesn't do it.

How do you know, MiX? Has pubby been scum before?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 28, 2019, 07:06:34 pm »

In the show Paint Face gains power after Red Eye dies. MiX talking about gaining power after 3 days may be in reference to this.

Why does a town player ask this? How can public discussion of this theory possibly benefit town? The benefit to scum is clear.

What's your opinion of Pubby as a player? Is he newbie enough that he'd give himself away like that as scum?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 28, 2019, 07:10:29 pm »

I'm still amused that you and I can be 6 geographical time-zones apart and yet maybe only 2-3 hours different in real terms. (For me it's just after midnight here and I've been tired all day, so it's definitely time to start leaving further engagement till the morning).

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #664 on: July 28, 2019, 07:11:51 pm »

What's your opinion of Pubby as a player? Is he newbie enough that he'd give himself away like that as scum?

I don’t know. I guess I can see this just being a poorly-thought-out town question. It’s just that MiX was so clear about it being Very Bad to say which of those flavor names was his.

So yeah I guess it’s pretty brazen as scum. Maybe too brazen for scum!pubby.

He/ Him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 28, 2019, 07:12:59 pm »

I'm still amused that you and I can be 6 geographical time-zones apart and yet maybe only 2-3 hours different in real terms. (For me it's just after midnight here and I've been tired all day, so it's definitely time to start leaving further engagement till the morning).

F.ds...where early birds and night owls live peacefully together! I love it!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 28, 2019, 07:28:50 pm »

Vote Count 1.10:

MiX (2): WCD, shraeye
2.7 (2): gkrieg, Awaclus
gkrieg13 (1): 2.7
EFHW (5): faust, MiX, PPS, ADK, Galzria
Galzria (1) EFHW
PPS (1): joth
WCD (1): pubby
pubby (1): Glooble

Not Voting (2): Datswan, Space

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.  Day 1 ends at 6:00 a.m. on July 31.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 28, 2019, 07:33:01 pm »

I don’t know. I guess I can see this just being a poorly-thought-out town question. It’s just that MiX was so clear about it being Very Bad to say which of those flavor names was his.

I think there is a very possible chance that there is only 1 skitter and that skitter is Red Eye. The other skitter is a fake name. I think MiX could be lying, but I also think you could be lying. If both of you claim Red Eye, then hey! We've found scum in one of you.

To be clear, I think it's very suspicious that both of you are willing to claim rebel skitter leader but not reveal your name. You've narrowed it down to 2 possibilities, and presumably the abilities of both are very similar - surely you're the one making the blunder by exposing yourself, not me.

vote: wcd
Case?
No case and not serious vote but I think WCD is being ignored in favor of EFHW/gkrieg/e and I'd like to see more discussion there.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #668 on: July 28, 2019, 07:45:08 pm »

I am fully willing to admit that I made a blunder but that doesn’t excuse you compounding that blunder.

I may be able to safely say more about this after night 1. Suffice it to say, my role PM makes it clear to me that scum knowing exactly who is who is very bad and clearly MiX, if town, has something similar in his.

He/ Him

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 28, 2019, 07:58:44 pm »

I am going to continue to think out loud please don't get mad  :P

If both of you are town, then scum has targets in the two of you. If they kill one of you tonight, the other's name is exposed. Both of you seem like good targets for protection.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 28, 2019, 08:18:08 pm »

I think MiX is either truly claiming or using his fake claim seeing as his claim was forced. I maintain that he is probably lying about being town aligned. No one but MiX himself has even bothered to try to explain why that would not be the case. It seems everyone else is willing to believe he must be town due to his claim. I am the sole person questioning it, so this is patently untrue.

I don’t think it’s at all the case that MiX’s claim makes him town. But I do think that it would be folly to lynch him right now. I think that’s where most of us are. We’re letting the claim buy him a day, because the cost benefit analysis favors it— why risk lynching a powerful town PR?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 28, 2019, 09:12:36 pm »

I think MiX is either truly claiming or using his fake claim seeing as his claim was forced. I maintain that he is probably lying about being town aligned. No one but MiX himself has even bothered to try to explain why that would not be the case. It seems everyone else is willing to believe he must be town due to his claim. I am the sole person questioning it, so this is patently untrue.

I don’t think it’s at all the case that MiX’s claim makes him town. But I do think that it would be folly to lynch him right now. I think that’s where most of us are. We’re letting the claim buy him a day, because the cost benefit analysis favors it— why risk lynching a powerful town PR?

Risk is it is a powerful skum or with similar terms.
I need to catch up. There has been a lot in half a day. All i have really read is the claim. Skitters could be town, or third party imo... that’s pretty much as far as i have gotten so far.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 29, 2019, 03:33:12 am »

I think there is a very possible chance that there is only 1 skitter and that skitter is Red Eye. The other skitter is a fake name. I think MiX could be lying, but I also think you could be lying. If both of you claim Red Eye, then hey! We've found scum in one of you.

Alright let me just make this clear for the last time. This applies to pps and anyone who thinks skitters are third-party.

Glooble has the same "Rebel Skitter Leader" role. Therefore, we're either both part of the same third-party, which doesn't make sense given our flavor names (rebellion, remember that word) or one of us has another role and the skitter thing is a fakeclaim. Now, if it's a fakeclaim, why would my/Glooble's flavor have ANYTHING to do with skitters? If they're fakeclaims, they should at least be a plausible town name, right? Which means, regardless of what you think the rebellion is (town or third-party), the mod decided they were good fakeclaims, which means there was a possibility they would be regular town. Thus the skitter flavor inherently CAN be town, which means there's no point on saying it's most likely third-party: they can clearly be town.

Also, if only one of us is a skitter, we would have different names, that's how fakeclaims work in this setup.

Are you saying that pps is your buddy somehow? In what sense? He clearly doesn't seem to think he is.

I'm pretty sure he's town, and if I was scum he would be a good candidate for my scumbuddy.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 29, 2019, 03:34:47 am »

Oh forgot about this:

vote: wcd
Case?
No case and not serious vote but I think WCD is being ignored in favor of EFHW/gkrieg/e and I'd like to see more discussion there.

I really don't want to lynch Didds, it tends to be something scum wants pretty much all the time. Now's not the time for it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 29, 2019, 06:10:59 am »

I'm pretty sure he's town, and if I was scum he would be a good candidate for my scumbuddy.

I'm comfortable enough with you arguing that you're town and that you think PPS is town.

The flipside of that is just really weird for you to be arguing, though. I mean, I get that from everyone else's point of view, if you flip scum then PPS is more likely also to flip scum, but if you're telling the truth, this is impossible, so why waste everyone's time trying to state things this way?

Especially why do that when there's a very real possibility that if you're town you have no idea of PPS's alignment, so he very easily could just be some flavour of scum and you're just misleading people extra-hard if you get lynched and flip town? It seems like you're just trying to control everyone's thinking in a way that I can't see being good for town on average.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.941 seconds with 20 queries.