Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250386 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #475 on: July 27, 2019, 08:41:44 am »

Eh I’m sad that no one is voting me right now. My flight got delayed (originally they said I wouldn’t get home until Sunday...) so I may be V/LA a little longer. I have not been keeping up very well but shraeyes posts gave me a little taste of how the game has been going. E’s post seems like something he did as scum in the last game so vote: e

Do you mean the following post from e?

Shraeye's posts are great. Not lynching today

Is throwing someone a D1 pass for making good posts specifically something e would be less likely to do as town?

To me it was the way he did it without pointing out anything townie from shraeye’s posts

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 27, 2019, 08:43:38 am »

Eh I’m sad that no one is voting me right now. My flight got delayed (originally they said I wouldn’t get home until Sunday...) so I may be V/LA a little longer. I have not been keeping up very well but shraeyes posts gave me a little taste of how the game has been going. E’s post seems like something he did as scum in the last game so vote: e

Do you mean the following post from e?

Shraeye's posts are great. Not lynching today

Is throwing someone a D1 pass for making good posts specifically something e would be less likely to do as town?

To me it was the way he did it without pointing out anything townie from shraeye’s posts

They were all townie.  All of them up to that point.  There were only like 3 of them
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 27, 2019, 09:22:24 am »

also general note based on read back - everyone is aware we are plurality lynch until 9 players remain yes?
I did not realize that. I feel like that really helps scum here. They don't have to get a full wagon to lynch MiX, and I think MiX is town.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 27, 2019, 09:26:13 am »

also general note based on read back - everyone is aware we are plurality lynch until 9 players remain yes?
I did not realize that. I feel like that really helps scum here. They don't have to get a full wagon to lynch MiX, and I think MiX is town.

What's your Galz case?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 27, 2019, 09:27:41 am »

Let’s vote: e

See what everybody does with two equally viable L-4s.

This doesn’t really make any sense.

If MiX is town, e is definitely not scummy for defending him (I would argue that even if MiX is scum e isn’t scummy for defending him, but let’s not muddy the waters.) Scum!e almost certainly joins the MiX wagon or at least doesn’t derail it.

If you think they’re partners why are you moving your vote to make two equally viable wagons? Seems to me like that’s just going to make both of them stall out.

Are you saying “MiX lynch isn’t going to happen so let’s focus on his partner, e?” Because that also doesn’t work because anyone who thinks MiX is town isn’t going to want to lynch e for defending MiX.

You’re overthinking. I’m moving my vote from one scummy person to another. They could be partners. But your post makes it seem like town!Mix+scum!e is impossible and that’s absurd. Scum can afford to defend town here for points. And also third parties are a thing so we can’t assume much of anything.

It’s weird to assume my e vote is based on my MiX case. I just find e scummy enough to vote for, and I thought it would be instructive to see what people do with two equal wagons (I.e. who makes the first move to tip the balance).
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 27, 2019, 09:28:23 am »

I guess I ruined it by explaining it. Oops.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 27, 2019, 09:35:27 am »

What's your e case (for if I'm town)?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 27, 2019, 09:40:50 am »

Care to elaborate on sir Mix’s towniness?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 27, 2019, 10:02:20 am »

A few people think MiX is town. Does anyone think e is town?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #484 on: July 27, 2019, 10:40:20 am »

Does anyone have an e case that doesn’t revolve around his reaction to the MiX wagon?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 27, 2019, 11:38:45 am »

Does anyone have an e case that doesn’t revolve around his reaction to the MiX wagon?
Why? You looking for an e case? 

But really, what are your thoughts on e? Did his reaction mean anything to you?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 27, 2019, 12:37:42 pm »

I will be clear and say I think MiX is scum. I am voting e because we did the wagon switcharoo thingy and reaction surrounding that is super useful. I am not opposed to an e Lynch but I would prefer a mixed lynch (shaken, not stirred).

Now that is on the table I will Vote: MiX.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 27, 2019, 12:40:09 pm »

I'm not a fan of the way he misrepresented me at #397 with his "Basically Space says it is 50/50 with Mix/Swan" before voting me for then voting MiX, when I'd never been of the opinion that it was 50/50 between MiX and Swan anyway, and even if I had been, having a 50% scumread on two people is a great reason to vote one of them because most people are probably less than 50% likely to be scum.

That's neither a full case on e, nor is it entirely independent of the MiX wagon in that his case on me was built on me voting for MiX. But it's enough to be an element in a case, if anyone else is building one. If anyone convinced me to think MiX is townie, though, I could consider voting e. It might be at least a little bit OMGUS.

PPE 2 because I forgot to hit post a while ago...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 27, 2019, 12:45:24 pm »

Space Count the 2nd

MiX (7): WestCoastDidds, pubby, SpaceAnemone, Awaclus, Glooble, DatSwan, pingpongsam
2.71828..... (4): gkrieg13, Galzria, A Drowned Kernel, jotheonah
Galzria (1): EFHW
Awaclus (1): MiX
jotheonah (1): faust

Not Voting (2): Shraeye, 2.71828.....
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #489 on: July 27, 2019, 01:42:34 pm »

I think if e is scum MiX is probably also scum But the reverse doesn’t hold so I’d rather lynch MiX.

Nothing e has said prior to the MiX wagon has stuck out at me either way, but I haven’t reread him.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 27, 2019, 02:24:34 pm »

I think if e is scum MiX is probably also scum But the reverse doesn’t hold so I’d rather lynch MiX.

Why do you think this? I would rather do it the other way around, right? Again, scum DOES defend my wagon, so when I flip town they can go "HA! Told ya" and that's so hilarious it's hard not to do it.

Also, I am not some crazy third party nonsense that backstabs town, alright?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 27, 2019, 02:29:04 pm »

I bold things related to claims by the way. Which reminds me, please don't quicklynch, I'll need to say something before I'm lynched if that's what happens.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 27, 2019, 03:37:00 pm »

Did some rereads: everyone part of my previous list is 100% town and will not be lynched today...except for E. He's basically buddying me. Is that part of his scummeta?

Anyway I don't have more leads. Who else do we wanna lynch today?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 27, 2019, 03:56:24 pm »

Care to elaborate on sir Mix’s towniness?
It's just how he talks. I think it would be hard to fake as scum.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 27, 2019, 03:59:26 pm »

What's your Galz case?
I posted it recently.  On phone until after vla, so hopefully you can find it. Could someone link to where Galz was asked to address the number claiming issue, since that is his defense?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 27, 2019, 04:02:06 pm »

e could be white knighting. I don't want to go without placing a helpful vote, so

vote: e

But I'll have a chance to change it tomorrow if Galz wagon gets more support.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 27, 2019, 04:03:25 pm »

Airplane mode.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 27, 2019, 04:07:44 pm »

I have 0 knowledge of the show, but am inclined to agree with Swan that there’s almost certainly more than two base win cons in play. I’ve no idea if that means Survivor, Second Scum faction, SK, Cult or whatever though.

I’m not as convinced by his argument for not number claiming, though I’m neither convinced by the arguments that we should do. Mainly I feel the people arguing for fit into the group that I would expect to argue for. Swan being against so early seems a little out of character for him? I dunno. Maybe not.

I mean - i am open to being wrong on the number part. What upside can you math out for doing it?

Is the quote you're looking for???

e could be white knighting. I don't want to go without placing a helpful vote, so

vote: e

But I'll have a chance to change it tomorrow if Galz wagon gets more support.

Anyone else you'd consider? Galz is super town...maybe...

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #498 on: July 27, 2019, 04:35:28 pm »

Ok I just reread all of e's posts and I just don't see anything scummy there.

I guess everyone else seems to think scum!e would rather get town points for stopping a town lynch and risk a scum lynch than participate in a guaranteed town lynch where he can get a relatively defensible wagon position. It's certainly not what I would do as scum, but if you all think e is into playing the long game like that I guess I can see it.

MiX is seeming a little more MiX-like lately so I'm certainly open to other wagons, but not if that wagon is e.

I'll look at Galz when I have time.

He/ Him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 27, 2019, 05:01:46 pm »

The Glooble-MiX relationship is certainly an exciting rollercoaster.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.677 seconds with 20 queries.