Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250482 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: July 26, 2019, 01:18:51 pm »

Vote: MiX
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 26, 2019, 01:22:54 pm »

Like, I know I wasn’t the biggest fan of the MiX wagon, but I’m not really sure why we gave up on it? There hasn’t been any compelling counter argument. It just faded away and now we’re fiahing around for another wagon like he’d claimed or something. I don’t love it.
You act as if it has died down but from what I can see it's still the biggest wagon around.

Well, vote-wise yeah. But no one's talking about it and everyone seems to be trying to start competing wagons.

Which is generally how scum wants to kill a wagon on scum, right? Try to argue against it and you've just tied yourself to your partner. Offering an attractive alternative is much better.

I'm just getting more and more on board with a scum!MiX scenario here.

vote: MiX

Why is scum not making ANY OTHER WAGON then?

You're gonna say this is a "pressure vote", because there is absolutely no way you want tgis to get through if you're town.

Vote: Awaclus

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 26, 2019, 01:24:52 pm »

I still don't see any better lynch than MiX today. His last few posts have made me more suspicious, not less. And with all the the vote changes happening around I feel like there's plenty of buddy information to be gained if he turns out to be scum.

If I'm town you get nothing, just that scum had no interest of lynching anyone else so they didn't care about me being traitor/scum-helping third party...because I'm towny.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 26, 2019, 01:38:56 pm »

One day, Galzria, will you tell me what it is?? Over awesome cocktails perhaps?

EFHW usually finds me scummy for too much off-topic chatter, but ya'll know I live for the fluff. MiX often thinks I am scummy, but usually he does when he is scum. I have played a lot with faust and Joth and they tend to get it right. I tend to find scum Shraeye pretty quickly in blitz games, and when he is scum he always tries to mislynch me.

I will be around off and on today through Sunday, but mostly off. This weekend is my anniversary so I'm going to San Antonio with debatepro for the weekend to be fancy. 

I'm leaving my vote on MiX for the time being. I think flailing was the right word, Joth, but fishing totally works, too. I am also interested in hearing more about how e is similar to how he was as scum last time. I can see that, but I don't quite have words for it yet. I can see moving to there is MiX's invulnerability is true to form.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 26, 2019, 01:41:17 pm »

At this point, you were number 5.

Vote Count 1.4:

MiX (4): Awaclus, Galzria, WCD, Glooble

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #380 on: July 26, 2019, 01:57:31 pm »

I'm torn because I think MiX is kind of scummy (or at least not townie) but also this lynch feels too easy.

MiX is at L-2 right now, right?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 26, 2019, 01:57:44 pm »

Why is scum not making ANY OTHER WAGON then?

I believe they are trying. Hence the half a dozen people with 1 vote. What, did you think the whole scum team would jump on the same person to save you?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 26, 2019, 02:05:54 pm »

Can you articulate why, or is it just a gut thing?
Somewhat gut, somewhat I don't like how he voted EFHW then unvoted saying there's no good vote. I feel like he's grasping at straws. I feel like there are plenty of reasonable votes to make D1 but he's not going for any of them which seems anti-town. And then his last comment begins with "If I'm town"... Like, I wouldn't start a sentence with those words ever  ;D

Early game I voted for him because I did not like how he reacted to my reveal. He jumped to support me but he did not understand what my reveal was. He behaved very similar in the Lemony Snicket mafia against me (he was scum then).

@EFHW: Sure but I meant that I voted for him earlier, and took my vote off to pressure Awaclus.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #383 on: July 26, 2019, 02:09:10 pm »

Thanks pubby that's helpful.

Everyone cool with me putting MiX to L-1? I'm nervous about quickhammers/ derphammers/ etc.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #384 on: July 26, 2019, 02:15:52 pm »

Eh, I'm overthinking this.

That's L-1.

He/ Him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 26, 2019, 02:33:56 pm »

I’ll bite:

Intent to hammer.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 26, 2019, 02:37:11 pm »

What is this BS?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 26, 2019, 02:41:28 pm »

What is this BS?

Dont know.  Scum trying to seem townie by lynching MiX?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 26, 2019, 02:41:59 pm »

Let me ISO MiX real quick.

(try not to hammer please?)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2019, 02:45:02 pm »

ISO complete.  MiX has.....

1) positively contributed even if I disagree with some ideas he has had
2) NOT negatively reacted to a wagon against him
3) been generally townie

Conclusion: town

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2019, 02:45:33 pm »

I’ll bite:

Intent to hammer.

vote: Galzria

Why are you considering hammering?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2019, 02:46:30 pm »

That's L-1.

This is town!Glooble, but please.  Think a bit more.  Where is MiX scum?  Point me to some of his scummy posts.  I just don't see it.

Or are you voting him based on meta?  because that is a terrible case.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2019, 02:46:54 pm »

typical terrible vote from Awaclus

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2019, 02:47:50 pm »

Like, I know I wasn’t the biggest fan of the MiX wagon, but I’m not really sure why we gave up on it? There hasn’t been any compelling counter argument. It just faded away and now we’re fiahing around for another wagon like he’d claimed or something. I don’t love it.
You act as if it has died down but from what I can see it's still the biggest wagon around.

Well, vote-wise yeah. But no one's talking about it and everyone seems to be trying to start competing wagons.

Which is generally how scum wants to kill a wagon on scum, right? Try to argue against it and you've just tied yourself to your partner. Offering an attractive alternative is much better.

I'm just getting more and more on board with a scum!MiX scenario here.

So MiX is scum because some people are arguing against the wagon?  Doesn't work for me.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2019, 02:48:29 pm »

And now we have the desperate attempts to save MiX. seems about right...
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #395 on: July 26, 2019, 02:50:12 pm »

When does scum ever defend their partner like this at L-1?

He/ Him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2019, 02:53:09 pm »

When does scum ever defend their partner like this at L-1?

It’s not as unusual as you make it out to be. “Whelp, guess I was wrong” is such an easy thing to type by scum the day following a scum lynch.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 26, 2019, 02:53:14 pm »

The Swan/Mix interaction could easily be partner distancing. I think Swan just came in with a lot of thoughts suddenly without regard for overall context and that is very easy to misconstrue. Mix's angst toward faust for casing Swan, though, doesn't seem quite right. It's one thing to counter the argument much like I just did in sentence #2 above it's a whole other thing to FOS over it.

I think the Swan-MiX interaction is mostly just two people being noisy and generating content. I don't particularly agree with the directions Swan's trying to go with things, but also I agree with Galz's MiX put-down. Actually I think an Ash-RMM setup easily has the potential for both of them to have anti-town wincons without necessarily even being partners. I'm not sure that helps me at all with the question of where to put my vote.

Actually, let's go with vote: MiX, now that I've looked at the count and subsequent votes, and reassured myself it's not an early derphammer.

I don't get how the first quote turns into the vote. 

Actually, vote: Space

Basically Space says it is 50/50 with Mix/Swan, with potential for both to be town or both have anti-town win-cons (huge jump there...).  Then votes MiX because opportunity?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 26, 2019, 02:54:31 pm »

That's L-1.

This is town!Glooble, but please.  Think a bit more.  Where is MiX scum?  Point me to some of his scummy posts.  I just don't see it.

Or are you voting him based on meta?  because that is a terrible case.

MiX is scum for shot-gunning votes and suspicion around, constantly and without fail OMGUS’ing, and mid-representing multiple people to paint them as scum.

Mafia Record:

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2019, 02:55:05 pm »

Well, you have me logging on at the start of a weekend after a busy week and I find us pursuing another misbegotten MiX lynch. 

Maybe I mischaracterized that a bit.

But you know me, I lurk until deadlines then have a lot of activity which gives me enough town cred to survive another day.  I should try maintaining that activity like I did when I started playing here so long ago.....
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.554 seconds with 20 queries.