Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250596 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #350 on: July 26, 2019, 09:30:39 am »

I thought Shraeye's entry was towny and helpful. I'm going to use his post to organize my own.

I don't agree with him on several points:

Glooble -- I looked at the posts you singled out and I don't see it. Like really, I don't see it at all. The unvote seemed towny to me.

Galzria -- I've been thinking about the Galzria numbers post, and his defense later on. Shraeye says this is what town!Galzria does, but I think town!Galzria usually waits a lot longer before posting an analysis post like that. Usually he makes those posts when clarifying is actually needed. I don't think it was needed there. His defense was eloquent, but also sounded like scum!Galzria's silver tongue. I agree that faust and MiX mischaracterized Galzria's focus on PR's (though not by as much as he thinks), which is why I held off on voting. But he's my best guess at the moment, so ...

vote: Galzria

Space -- I'm not leaping at the chance to vote them, but they do seem a bit more reactive than usual.

pubby -- I think his joke is NAI. I think his jumping on the MiX wagon was scummy.

I do agree with Shraeye that Didds is giving off a scummy vibe. He agreed with me re: ADK towny.

MiX: Shraeye didn't take a position on MiX. I have never had a scumread on MiX in any game, except for the one where he was SK. I don't have one now. Of course there is likely to be scum on the wagon, but I don't have any bias about when they would have joined. They could have started it, since MiX is a popular target. Or they could have jumped on hoping it would go to quicklynch. That's a more rookie move, so I'd be looking at pubby there.

I'll address the other players in a later post.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 26, 2019, 09:51:22 am »

I agree that faust and MiX mischaracterized Galzria's focus on PR's (though not by as much as he thinks), which is why I held off on voting.
Where have I mischaracterized Galzria?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 26, 2019, 10:27:34 am »

I agree that faust and MiX mischaracterized Galzria's focus on PR's (though not by as much as he thinks), which is why I held off on voting.
Now I can't find it. I have to track down how I got that impression. Maybe I thought you agreed with MiX?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #353 on: July 26, 2019, 11:15:08 am »

Vote: Galzria
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 26, 2019, 11:15:59 am »

Now I can't find it. I have to track down how I got that impression. Maybe I thought you agreed with MiX?
Well shoot. Sorry for mischaracterizing you. Why did you vote Galzria?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 26, 2019, 11:19:42 am »

I'm going to be v/la Sunday through Sunday. My internet access will be very intermittent. Hopefully I'll be able to check in every couple days or so.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 26, 2019, 11:29:23 am »

MiX: Shraeye didn't take a position on MiX.
I disagree.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 26, 2019, 11:46:43 am »

Galzria -- I've been thinking about the Galzria numbers post, and his defense later on. Shraeye says this is what town!Galzria does, but I think town!Galzria usually waits a lot longer before posting an analysis post like that. Usually he makes those posts when clarifying is actually needed. I don't think it was needed there. His defense was eloquent, but also sounded like scum!Galzria's silver tongue. I agree that faust and MiX mischaracterized Galzria's focus on PR's (though not by as much as he thinks), which is why I held off on voting. But he's my best guess at the moment, so ...

Bolded is incorrect and an unfair argument: I was asked to supply that post - mainly a look at the potential upside of claiming, and I did so. Had I ignored the request I would be voted for "intentionally ignoring questions asked of me" - and if you don't think that's true, you're being foolish.

Italicized isn't something I can really argue against. It's just how I type, regardless of alignment, when I'm frustrated with being mischaracterized.

Underlined - You're forgiven for thinking Faust was in the same boat as MiX. MiX is the only one who has (poorly) made a case against me, however Faust is the one who's been consistently pushing my lynch - despite providing no reasons himself.

All that aside, apparently nobody feels my Faust case, despite it being one of the better cases for actual scum play made at this point in the game. So...

Vote: Swan

This is more of a gut read right now than anything concrete. I would also be ok pursuing a gkrieg vote - as he was here early on but has more or less faded from view. Out of everybody that isn't really here, he's given off the most vibe-y "I'm trying but don't want to be noticed". I could also take a look at Glooble - Shraeye says his responses were scummy, and I honestly haven't looked that closely at them to make up my own mind.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 26, 2019, 12:01:47 pm »

I thought the way he echoed joth's townread on Didds looked like a scum move, and I haven't seen anything that would point me towards town!Galz.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 26, 2019, 12:03:52 pm »

This is more of a gut read right now than anything concrete. I would also be ok pursuing a gkrieg vote - as he was here early on but has more or less faded from view. Out of everybody that isn't really here, he's given off the most vibe-y "I'm trying but don't want to be noticed".
gkrieg is VLA. Which isn't true for the other lurkers.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #360 on: July 26, 2019, 12:04:53 pm »

All that aside, apparently nobody feels my Faust case, despite it being one of the better cases for actual scum play made at this point in the game. So...

I think I missed that case somehow. Let me go back and take a look.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 26, 2019, 12:05:02 pm »

This is more of a gut read right now than anything concrete. I would also be ok pursuing a gkrieg vote - as he was here early on but has more or less faded from view. Out of everybody that isn't really here, he's given off the most vibe-y "I'm trying but don't want to be noticed".
gkrieg is VLA. Which isn't true for the other lurkers.

Ah - noted.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2019, 12:09:11 pm »

I thought the way he echoed joth's townread on Didds looked like a scum move, and I haven't seen anything that would point me towards town!Galz.

Didds has, in my experience with her, a trait that’s been consistently true in each of her scum games that I’ve been a part of or read, and that she does NOT exhibit in her town games. That trait has thusfar not been present here. Yes, I echo’d Joth, because he claimed a town read on Didds after somebody (MiX?) voted her, and I agree with his town read.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 26, 2019, 12:15:56 pm »

I keep thinking about what PPS said about MiX’s wagon:

It’s not the fast build you have to worry about, it’s the ones that get pretty far and then stall out mysteriously.

Pretty much exactly what’s happened with MiX.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2019, 12:19:12 pm »

Like, I know I wasn’t the biggest fan of the MiX wagon, but I’m not really sure why we gave up on it? There hasn’t been any compelling counter argument. It just faded away and now we’re fiahing around for another wagon like he’d claimed or something. I don’t love it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 26, 2019, 12:19:41 pm »

That word was meant to be either fishing or flailing. Take your pick I guess.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #366 on: July 26, 2019, 12:19:59 pm »

A MiX wagon? How unoriginal.

We can do vote: Faust instead.

The intentional attempt to suppress information with no bother or care as to why that may be a bad thing is scummy. He’s simply dismissing arguments in a “I know better than you so too bad” fashion and is unwilling to debate the actual merits of something that could, in fact, be valuable to town later on but is forever lost if we just brush it aside and don’t follow through with it early.

Okay, found it.

Then I reread faust to see if I agree, and I don't see where you're getting this? Are you talking about Faust's back and forth with ADK about number claiming?  Were you talking about this post:

And with that, can we please leave the flavor claim talk behind us unless someone has a substantial reason to think it benefits town?

Cause that caveat is pretty important. No one stepped forward and gave him a good reason. Being wary of giving info to scum isn't alignment indicative for faust at all, he cautions somebody about it more or less every game.

PPE: Lots

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2019, 12:31:38 pm »

The intentional attempt to suppress information with no bother or care as to why that may be a bad thing is scummy. He’s simply dismissing arguments in a “I know better than you so too bad” fashion and is unwilling to debate the actual merits of something that could, in fact, be valuable to town later on but is forever lost if we just brush it aside and don’t follow through with it early.

Okay, found it.

Then I reread faust to see if I agree, and I don't see where you're getting this? Are you talking about Faust's back and forth with ADK about number claiming?  Were you talking about this post:

And with that, can we please leave the flavor claim talk behind us unless someone has a substantial reason to think it benefits town?

Cause that caveat is pretty important. No one stepped forward and gave him a good reason. Being wary of giving info to scum isn't alignment indicative for faust at all, he cautions somebody about it more or less every game.

It was more specifically his back-and-forth with Swan from #227-#242 that pinged me as being incredibly closed minded and unwilling to entertain the notion of something being potentially beneficial for town - more than just disagreeing though, it felt like he was going out of his way to shut down any possible conversation on the topic.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 26, 2019, 12:42:10 pm »

Like, I know I wasn’t the biggest fan of the MiX wagon, but I’m not really sure why we gave up on it? There hasn’t been any compelling counter argument. It just faded away and now we’re fiahing around for another wagon like he’d claimed or something. I don’t love it.
You act as if it has died down but from what I can see it's still the biggest wagon around.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 26, 2019, 12:43:20 pm »

Okay, found it.

It was more specifically his back-and-forth with Swan from #227-#242 that pinged me as being incredibly closed minded and unwilling to entertain the notion of something being potentially beneficial for town - more than just disagreeing though, it felt like he was going out of his way to shut down any possible conversation on the topic.

I think that it's very unlikely that scum!faust would see discussion of setup info that he thought was pro-town and think "I'd better try and shut this down". Regardless of alignment, when it comes to setup talk faust is going to do what he thinks is towny
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 26, 2019, 12:56:11 pm »

You act as if it has died down but from what I can see it's still the biggest wagon around.

Well, vote-wise yeah. But no one's talking about it and everyone seems to be trying to start competing wagons.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 26, 2019, 12:57:30 pm »

Well, vote-wise yeah. But no one's talking about it and everyone seems to be trying to start competing wagons.

Which is generally how scum wants to kill a wagon on scum, right? Try to argue against it and you've just tied yourself to your partner. Offering an attractive alternative is much better.

I'm just getting more and more on board with a scum!MiX scenario here.

vote: MiX

He/him

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 26, 2019, 01:07:22 pm »

I still don't see any better lynch than MiX today. His last few posts have made me more suspicious, not less. And with all the the vote changes happening around I feel like there's plenty of buddy information to be gained if he turns out to be scum.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 26, 2019, 01:11:58 pm »

pubby -- I think his joke is NAI. I think his jumping on the MiX wagon was scummy.
I was the second player to vote MiX  :o

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #374 on: July 26, 2019, 01:12:43 pm »

His last few posts have made me more suspicious, not less.

Can you articulate why, or is it just a gut thing?

He/ Him

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.575 seconds with 20 queries.