Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250766 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1325 on: August 08, 2019, 05:16:10 am »

Both faust's and EFHW's early behavior was to prevent a MiX lynch. faust started the EFHW wagon to pull votes off of MiX, thinking there was no chance EFHW would actually die. When he realized the wagon was working, he panicked.

Why would faust deflect a scum wagon onto scum?

EFHW had no intention of lynching MiX d1 and never voted for him once. She defended him. So why did she, a member of scum, ask for a vote count? It sounds like she was concerned about her Queen.

Emulating her townmeta. This more or less describes scum!EFHW, actually; asking for vote counts after votes is a towny thing (that scum do more, but alas).

This comment is key - it's a partner tell between the two. But EFHW denies him because it would make the two of them look bad.

Denying still looks bad.

MiX tries to jump on EFHW just how he tried to jump on faust - two people that are defending him. He's nervous and trying to make himself look better by voting for his partners.

I literally unvoted next, this is meaningless. The official story is that EFHW was the only scummy person no one had considered, so I wanted to point that out. Why would I do that as scumbuddies with EFHW?

MiX listens to buddy faust and immediately unvotes 2 minutes later. Remember when MiX was suspicious of faust only a few pages earlier? Why is he doing what faust says?

Something I think EFHW said: faust is essencially bound to do towny things regardless of alignment. This makes him an excellent buddy target regardless of my read on him. Besides he was correct.

* Eventually, MiX claims:

Alright. Let's go...

Claim: I am the best role in the game. I have a plan that will inevitably IC me. I am a "Leader". We need to lynch today. My flip will tell you everything you need to know about my role except this: I do it 2 or 3 times. Everything else is pointless if I die now.

* Only 2 minutes later, coach faust replies fast with this comment:

Can you specify whether you are a Skitter?

How did he realize "Leader" = "Skitter" so quickly?? Remember: faust claimed he was not familiar with the flavor. Did he really notice MiX's post, jump on the wiki, search, think about what to ask, and then ask it in 108 seconds? Or did he already know MiX's fake claim?? What's more likely here?

BTW, note that Googling "Falling Skies Leader" does NOT return results for Skitters.

Such a good point. faust, any chance you can explain this now? However, it makes no sense that scum!faust would say this to a partner: he would be forcing more claims from his buddy.

Keep in mind that Glooble - an actual skitter leader - has no QT knowledge of other Skitters. So why would faust? It's laughable. faust should have just said, yeah man, I got it from the "leader" part.

He should, right? So why didn't he? Could it be there's another reason? Like, oh I don't know, his town role? Scum absolutely says they know the skitter flavor here, it's much easier and ties less to their fakeclaim.

Note that e was being wagoned for the very same reason, with EFHW voting for him. If faust was town and believed in his own argument, he'd hop on the e wagon too.

Sure, but EFHW flipped scum, whereas E's a bit towny. Notice how everyone jumped on E after his defense of me.

faust becomes increasingly panicked and has several posts trying to convince others to abandon ship. But when he changes his vote, there's no case behind it. He doesn't talk about joth. It's just an empty post.

Good point.

Great wagons all around. Realistical wagons: Galzria/EFHW/joth. Wagons I'm willing to support: EFHW/joth. Vote untill I wake up:

Vote: EFHW

I do understand faust's theory, but what can scum do about EFHW? Maybe they thought it would die down or something, any movement is scummy when she flips scum.
Yes, any movement off EFHW appears scummy when she flips scum. That's what he was thinking when he threw EFHW back under the bus. But how did he know EFHW was going to flip scum?

Like WHAT?? Why did he say EFHW was going to flip scum?? Read his post. He said EFHW will flip scum.

I was countering faust's EFHW-is-town case, by saying that she can be scum. It was all hypothetical, essencially pointing out that scum can't do much more than bus in that scenario. Which was inevitably true.

Well, we're lynching town. Thus is D1.

Vote: Galz, EFHW's not really diverging from her town meta.
This post makes no sense. He said earlier EFHW would flip scum, but now he's voting for someone he thinks is town?

I had just reread EFHW and came out an EFHW-null, which is to say towny. Well clearly I can't read EFHW, but who can?

Well that was disappointing. shraeye, PPS and pubby have played terribly.

It's always the town that are the most dissappointing.
What a strange thing for both of them to say. Shouldn't they be suspicious of us 3? Why are they acting like we're all town?

I was already pretty sure pubby and pps were town, I was disagreeing with faust's FoS on those 3.

There's absolutely nothing hinting towards Paint Face being a universal backup on the Falling Skies wiki. If anything, he'd be some type of investigative role. Or just a backup to Glooble's ability, but he claims that's not the case and neither him nor Glooble know about each other.

Well I think it makes perfect sense for Paint Face to be a Back-Up...an universal one's just the mafia implementation.

MiX's plan from the start was to copy someone's ability, then use this to "IC" himself. He said it in the beginning: he needs a lynch d1 to show he's town and is willing to lynch a townie to make it happen. But why? Why would a townie be so insistant on proving themself? To me, only scum plays that way.

Weird, I always want to be an IC, it lets me get NKd, which is the best reward in this game.

Unvote

PPE a bunch, I guess we both replied to pubby's case.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 08, 2019, 05:17:07 am »

I'll switch to faust if you will
Et tu, Kernele?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 08, 2019, 05:18:46 am »

I think MiX needs to reveal what power he got from EFHW.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 08, 2019, 05:19:24 am »

Why?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 08, 2019, 05:20:02 am »

Such a good point. faust, any chance you can explain this now?
I could but I don't want to.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 08, 2019, 05:22:17 am »

Why?
Because it let's us know what kind of powers scum has, what kind of power they no longer have. It helps us get a better understanding of the game. If you are what you say you are, then having one power more or less won't make a signficant impact of how scum deals with you, they have to take you out either way. And on the offchance that you are lying, it limits your fakeclaim options.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 08, 2019, 05:24:13 am »

Why?
Because it let's us know what kind of powers scum has, what kind of power they no longer have. It helps us get a better understanding of the game. If you are what you say you are, then having one power more or less won't make a signficant impact of how scum deals with you, they have to take you out either way. And on the offchance that you are lying, it limits your fakeclaim options.

Scum not knowing what power I have is better than all of that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 08, 2019, 05:29:33 am »

Why?

This may well be the last chance you have to divulge this info, you know this right? I think scum already has a pretty good idea of what your power is.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 08, 2019, 05:31:02 am »

Why?

This may well be the last chance you have to divulge this info, you know this right? I think scum already has a pretty good idea of what your power is.

Vote: faust

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 08, 2019, 05:34:09 am »

On one hand, faust is right here MiX. You may not end up with another opportunity to divulge the information (although I suspect you will) - but more than that, it DOES inform us to what we might be expecting to deal with from scum here.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: August 08, 2019, 05:34:49 am »

On one hand, faust is right here MiX. You may not end up with another opportunity to divulge the information (although I suspect you will) - but more than that, it DOES inform us to what we might be expecting to deal with from scum here.

Which in turn can potentially inform a lot of our own town PR's into being most useful tonight.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 08, 2019, 05:35:15 am »

Unrelated, what vanilla powers are good to breadcrumb?

Yes but scum really wants to know my power, sorta like faust's doing.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 08, 2019, 05:36:56 am »

I actually, definitely, don't think they're as interested in knowing as you think they are. And if we can learn what scum LOST then that's extremely valuable.

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 08, 2019, 05:38:31 am »

I actually, definitely, don't think they're as interested in knowing as you think they are. And if we can learn what scum LOST then that's extremely valuable.

Okay the heck with it, this is probably more fun than the other plan.

I'm an active PGO. So PRs, have fun targetting scum.

Unvote

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 08, 2019, 05:40:18 am »

I assume if EFHW had another role it would be less generic than this, which is why I believed the conversation softclaimed that I had a pretty boring role. Which is probablu just this, I only get one.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 08, 2019, 05:41:04 am »

It makes no sense you wouldn't reveal that immediately if you gained that from EFHW. It's extremely pro-town to reveal that immediately.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: August 08, 2019, 05:41:44 am »

I assume if EFHW had another role it would be less generic than this, which is why I believed the conversation softclaimed that I had a pretty boring role. Which is probablu just this, I only get one.
Can you tell us what the power is called? (may be best to check with ash first)

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 08, 2019, 05:43:47 am »

It's something that I could believe town can have, because it reveals in the start-of-day post that they died to me. The name's pretty pointless to know, isn't it?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 08, 2019, 05:45:02 am »

It makes no sense you wouldn't reveal that immediately if you gained that from EFHW. It's extremely pro-town to reveal that immediately.

It somewhat invalidates its power, at least from my perspective. I wouldn't plan any PRs around scum having PGOs at least.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 08, 2019, 05:46:16 am »

It somewhat invalidates its power, at least from my perspective. I wouldn't plan any PRs around scum having PGOs at least.
I think it was an extremely risky move to keep that to yourself. You are a prime target for town PRs as well.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 08, 2019, 05:47:18 am »

It's something that I could believe town can have, because it reveals in the start-of-day post that they died to me. The name's pretty pointless to know, isn't it?
I don't think it is, or I wouldn't have asked.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 08, 2019, 05:47:32 am »

Woah Woah Woah, hold up.

MiX, please define Active PGO.

Mafia Record:

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 08, 2019, 05:49:18 am »

MiX, scum players wouldn't target you until after your gun goes off. And it could be obvious when that happens - there'd be a second night death. The people who would target you would be townies, and they'd die.

Sure, maybe scum doesn't know if you got PGO from EFHW or not, but they're not going to risk it until very late in the game.

It's 100% pro-town to reveal PGO immediately.

-

Anyway, the answer still is MiX is scum, faust is scum. Lynch faust today is good and flip Monk. Lynch MiX tomorrow and flip Queen is good too.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 08, 2019, 05:50:42 am »

Anyway, the answer still is MiX is scum, faust is scum. Lynch faust today is good and flip Monk. Lynch MiX tomorrow and flip Queen is good too.
Why'd you want to lynch the Queen second?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 08, 2019, 05:51:52 am »

Why'd you want to lynch the Queen second?

Right? That's weird. Almost as weird as a player having no knowledge of the flavor guessing Leader = Skitter within 90 seconds.  ;)

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 99  All

Page created in 2.023 seconds with 19 queries.