Dominion > Tournaments and Events

One Day Cup Rebirth 10/28 - Sign Ups

<< < (2/2)

zxcvbn2:

--- Quote from: Awaclus on October 08, 2017, 06:26:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: zxcvbn2 on October 08, 2017, 06:17:48 pm ---
--- Quote from: Awaclus on October 08, 2017, 06:07:09 pm ---I think there needs to be a limit for how long the match can take. If each round can take up to an hour, that should be enough for most best-of-3 matches and it's fine if some aren't.

--- End quote ---

I'm wary of doing that, since it could encourage slow play if you're in the lead. Not that I think people will do that, but I'd rather remove the possibility. If we are worried we can't get a Bo3 in under an hour, I'd rather just play 2-game matches with draws than enforce a time limit.

--- End quote ---

I'm envisioning that it wouldn't be a problem when people can spectate games.

--- End quote ---

Okay yeah, and even without spectators I doubt it will be an issue in a tournament with no physical reward. I'm okay with Bo3, but if you haven't started game 3 within 45 minutes of start time and it's tied 1-1 call it a draw. Sound reasonable?

Awaclus:

--- Quote from: zxcvbn2 on October 08, 2017, 06:47:54 pm ---
--- Quote from: Awaclus on October 08, 2017, 06:26:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: zxcvbn2 on October 08, 2017, 06:17:48 pm ---
--- Quote from: Awaclus on October 08, 2017, 06:07:09 pm ---I think there needs to be a limit for how long the match can take. If each round can take up to an hour, that should be enough for most best-of-3 matches and it's fine if some aren't.

--- End quote ---

I'm wary of doing that, since it could encourage slow play if you're in the lead. Not that I think people will do that, but I'd rather remove the possibility. If we are worried we can't get a Bo3 in under an hour, I'd rather just play 2-game matches with draws than enforce a time limit.

--- End quote ---

I'm envisioning that it wouldn't be a problem when people can spectate games.

--- End quote ---

Okay yeah, and even without spectators I doubt it will be an issue in a tournament with no physical reward. I'm okay with Bo3, but if you haven't started game 3 within 45 minutes of start time and it's tied 1-1 call it a draw. Sound reasonable?

--- End quote ---

That sounds pretty good.

Watno:
I'd be interested, but don't have time on that day.

With regard to the format, I think I'd prefer pure bp2 swiss without playoffs or a straight cut to top 2 for the finals.

Seprix:
I might be interested if I have time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version