Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The BMU kingdom  (Read 9701 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4387
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: The BMU kingdom
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 01:58:06 pm »

How does this kingdom sound?

King's Court
Loan*
Talisman
Alchemist
Philosopher's Stone
Golem
University
Scrying Pool
Transmute
Quarry

I'm not sure if BMU+Loan beats BMU, but if it does, perhaps Apothecary in there. It strikes me that all of the potion cost cards need some support to be worthwhile, from non-potion cards, so amusingly I think you can hide most of them together in a single BMU set. Also possibly Bank... I think might work.

BM-Apocethary probably crushes BMU. Apothecary needs no support.

I'm not so sure about BM-Transmute, either...
No and no.

Stats/Evidence being? Apothecary is straight forward but Transmute won't simulate well. Then you consider combining the two...
I can't prove that there isn't an apothecary bot that beats BM, much like I can't prove that unicorns don't exist. But I've tried, and it doesn't work.
I don't know why you'd think wasting two turns worth of build up to buy a transmute would be at all worth it.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 08:49:00 pm »

Pearl Diver
Scrying Pool
University
Village
Great Hall
Philosopher's Stone
Walled Village
Mining Village
Quarry
Thief
It's worth buying Pearl Diver with $2 because, well, why not? And Great Hall with $3 when you've reached the greening stage.

This might also be a deck where Scrying Pool is playable - if you have sufficient cantrips, Scrying Pool can draw quite extensively.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 08:54:52 pm »

King's Court
Loan*
Talisman
Alchemist
Philosopher's Stone
Golem
University
Scrying Pool
Transmute
Quarry

I'm not sure if BMU+Loan beats BMU, but if it does, perhaps Apothecary in there. It strikes me that all of the potion cost cards need some support to be worthwhile, from non-potion cards, so amusingly I think you can hide most of them together in a single BMU set. Also possibly Bank... I think might work.

No and no.

Stats/Evidence being? Apothecary is straight forward but Transmute won't simulate well. Then you consider combining the two...
I can't prove that there isn't an apothecary bot that beats BM, much like I can't prove that unicorns don't exist. But I've tried, and it doesn't work.
I don't know why you'd think wasting two turns worth of build up to buy a transmute would be at all worth it.

And I don't know why you ignored the point that apothecary/transmute might beat BM. Transmute after already owning a potion= 1 turn for estate-> gold.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4387
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 09:55:02 pm »

King's Court
Loan*
Talisman
Alchemist
Philosopher's Stone
Golem
University
Scrying Pool
Transmute
Quarry

No and no.

And I don't know why you ignored the point that apothecary/transmute might beat BM. Transmute after already owning a potion= 1 turn for estate-> gold.
Dude, I may have posted way way too crazily much here, but I don't have the time to respond to everything.
I mean, transmute will help your apothecary deck, if you buy it when you get PCEEE. But... that's gonna be about it. Because apothecary's gonna be better otherwise, so it's not going to make much difference?
But what do I know? Maybe there's a board where you open baron-estate on the 5/2 split, too...
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.