Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Game over!)  (Read 228353 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1625 on: December 08, 2017, 07:34:41 am »

@Faust, cam you confirm in here that at the time you made the vote count that came up one short, you were incorrectly under the assumption that my vote should not count?
No.

Does this mean "No, I was not under that assumption." Or "No, I cannot confirm that." ?

I feel like we're playing "Mafia - Pester the Mod Edition!"
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 08, 2017, 07:36:24 am »

@Faust, cam you confirm in here that at the time you made the vote count that came up one short, you were incorrectly under the assumption that my vote should not count?

Are you implying that Faust told you this in your QT? You're IC, so we could just believe you if Faust told you that.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 08, 2017, 07:39:58 am »

Here's a nice binary choice for us.

If we believe that (5 scum, 2 something else, PPS) was the starting setup, then chairs is guaranteed scum, by my results.

If we believe that (3 scum, 2 something else, PPS) was the starting setup, then chairs is guaranteed town.

What about (5 scum, 1 something else, PPS)? That's not possible? I thought earlier results indicated that.

I have to be honest, I'm not checking your problem solving at all. It all confuses me to no end.

Also, godfathers. And stuff. Couldn't something like that falsely incriminate chairs? Not against a Chairs lynch. Just trying to help solve without actually having to do math.
Bolded part:  That is impossible.  I'm fairly certain I never thought that it WAS possible, but I don't remember.

In any case, remember that my results have changed now - see a few posts ago where I said that faust has made an error with my results.

So I've done everything again.  My level of confidence is higher now, since I've actually got a computer to check things rather than doing it in my head.

Fair enough not checking my problem solving.  It's complicated.  But I'm quite certain.  (assuming that my results are now, finally, correct)
Rereading #1618 might help to clarify things for you?  I'm fairly certain that what I lay out there is correct.

Then further analysis narrows us down to the two options I talk about in the quoted post.

Godfathers are absolutely an option which could make things wrong, but all it can do is ADD one scum to the total, consistently across all nights.  So the options are still the only possible options - just keep in mind that there might also be a "Red person" who is not town.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 08, 2017, 07:40:10 am »

If we believe that (5 scum, 2 something else, PPS) was the starting setup, then chairs is guaranteed scum, by my results.
Also if we believe this then Dylan is guaranteed White (not-town) and exactly one of EFHW/WW is scum.

If we believe that (3 scum, 2 something else, PPS) was the starting setup, then chairs is guaranteed town.
Also if we believe this then exactly one of WW/EFHW/Dylan is White.

vote: Dylan

3 scum, 2 something else, PPS seems pretty weird. No kill from any werewolf like faction that I can tell, and that would mean that mafia was 1 standard mafia and two traitors. Which is the same thing as three traitors. So that would be uh kinda dumb.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 08, 2017, 07:43:39 am »

Also if we believe this then Dylan is guaranteed White (not-town) and exactly one of EFHW/WW is scum.

3 scum, 2 something else, PPS seems pretty weird. No kill from any werewolf like faction that I can tell, and that would mean that mafia was 1 standard mafia and two traitors. Which is the same thing as three traitors. So that would be uh kinda dumb.
Both of the remaining possibilities seem pretty weird, since they both imply some kind of a werewolf faction, and there's been no sign of that.  But.  Yeah.

Either way, Dylan seems like an excellent lynch based on this.  Either he's White, which is great, or he's not White, which tells us that we must be in the 3-yellow-2-white situation, which then forces one of EFHW/WW to be White.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 08, 2017, 07:45:44 am »

Both of the remaining possibilities seem pretty weird, since they both imply some kind of a werewolf faction, and there's been no sign of that.  But.  Yeah.

Either way, Dylan seems like an excellent lynch based on this.  Either he's White, which is great, or he's not White, which tells us that we must be in the 3-yellow-2-white situation, which then forces one of EFHW/WW to be White.

I kinda liked the one where there were 5 scum and Chairs must be one of them. What if the other 2 people are both survivors or maybe no-kill SK? 

Chairs should claim what item he bid for and what he got. Like now.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 08, 2017, 07:52:14 am »

No.

Does this mean "No, I was not under that assumption." Or "No, I cannot confirm that." ?

I feel like we're playing "Mafia - Pester the Mod Edition!"
The latter.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 08, 2017, 08:10:12 am »

I kinda liked the one where there were 5 scum and Chairs must be one of them. What if the other 2 people are both survivors or maybe no-kill SK? 

Chairs should claim what item he bid for and what he got. Like now.
Chairs should be claiming Asap anyway.

Yes maybe both are survivors/no-kill SKs (whatever that means), but at least if we lynch Dylan we know what's going on. 

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 08, 2017, 08:16:55 am »

I'm okay with a mass claim.

I'm an odd night hider/commuter (If I target town I'm invulnerable to night actions even if the person I target dies from an NK, as opposed to standard Hider who IIRC dies to NK if the person they're Hiding behind gets killed), and an even-night JK.

I was unexpectedly VLA for N1 and didn't get to Hide, but on N2 I was around and JK'd DatSwan (hence my neutral feeling about him on D3 - had I prevented him from killing, or prevented him from getting killed?). On N3 I targetted Galzria.

I'm Robbie Valentino from RMM41.

Chairs role claimed here. He should claim his bid and results though.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 08, 2017, 08:29:13 am »

Here's all the info I could find about Chairs claimed role. It doesn't say anything about being a 'strong' hider that doesn't die behind scum or if their town target dies. In fact, Faust had this role in RMM41 and died N1 hiding behind scum.

Robbie Valentino (faust)

My favourite one.

Abilities: Help! (Odd-Night Hider), Find the Courage! (Even-Night JK)
Item: Dark Thought I Want To Speak About: Neighbourizer.

I wanted town to have reduced JK. I was thinking about how do i do it. And I came with the conclusion that I want to do him risky. Weak Jailkeeper doesn't make any sense, so I chose Hider for that.
Item is just a topping, so the person would try to see who is town in personal conversation, so they will hide successfully.

So if this is his real role, he either doesn't understand how it works, or it was heavily modified for this game.

I have a theory.

N0, Chairs saw that there was a scum only 1-shot Vigilante item. Chairs is some kind of third party, and didn't know if he would count as scum. But he wanted the item. So he asked Faust if he could win that item without breaking it and got the affirmative answer. Then D1 he decided to fakeclaim that he is town and tried to confirm with Faust that he could not win the item.

Chairs' claim screams "Don't shoot me! I'm not killable!" so it's also a perfect survivor claim.

I think Chairs is third party, probably survivor.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #1635 on: December 08, 2017, 08:57:04 am »

FWIW I have Night reasons to lean against a DatSwan lynch at the moment.

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 5 is neutral, 10 is confirmed town and 1 is confirmed scum, where does your result place him?

My {reasons} would place him at s 3.

Your reasons are bias. You have to remember i thought you were skum.

Are you the reason I'm going to die tonight?

Yeah sorry buddy

Also, here doesn't DatSwan heavily imply that he did something to Galzria N2 that caused him to die N3? Actually, Galz claimed that water was in the game, so possibly Datswan stole from Galzria and ended up taking his water?

So if Chairs jailkept DatSwan, how did DatSwan perform an action N2?

Chairs' claim makes no sense at all.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 08, 2017, 09:12:06 am »

Vote: Silver

just to check for the next vote count.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 08, 2017, 09:12:58 am »

Are we doing the full massclaim?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 08, 2017, 09:17:10 am »

I think we should.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 08, 2017, 09:20:02 am »

Except, Jake said he still won't participate.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 08, 2017, 09:37:17 am »

Are we doing the full massclaim?
You should
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 08, 2017, 09:54:12 am »

Here's all the info I could find about Chairs claimed role. It doesn't say anything about being a 'strong' hider that doesn't die behind scum or if their town target dies. In fact, Faust had this role in RMM41 and died N1 hiding behind scum.

Robbie Valentino (faust)

My favourite one.

I wanted town to have reduced JK. I was thinking about how do i do it. And I came with the conclusion that I want to do him risky. Weak Jailkeeper doesn't make any sense, so I chose Hider for that.
Item is just a topping, so the person would try to see who is town in personal conversation, so they will hide successfully.

So if this is his real role, he either doesn't understand how it works, or it was heavily modified for this game.

I have a theory.

N0, Chairs saw that there was a scum only 1-shot Vigilante item. Chairs is some kind of third party, and didn't know if he would count as scum. But he wanted the item. So he asked Faust if he could win that item without breaking it and got the affirmative answer. Then D1 he decided to fakeclaim that he is town and tried to confirm with Faust that he could not win the item.

Chairs' claim screams "Don't shoot me! I'm not killable!" so it's also a perfect survivor claim.

All seems like good analysis.

But I'm quite certain it's not possible for him to be 3rd party.  My results make him either yellow-scum or town.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 08, 2017, 10:13:41 am »

Robbie Valentino (faust)

My favourite one.

I have a theory.

But I'm quite certain it's not possible for him to be 3rd party.  My results make him either yellow-scum or town.

Is there proof that yellow in your results is mafia? In that case, I'd say he's almost certainly mafia because he claimed to JK DatSwan, who took action N2.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 08, 2017, 10:17:39 am »

Okay I will claim.

I am a Cop from RMM: 31. I was informed in the role description that since I'm from RMM31, I may or may not be Naive. Awaclus' Miller claim provided a perfect check for this. (I checked with Faust that if I were naive, a Miller would investigate as Innocent to me, and he confirmed that was correct.) This is why I suggested not lynching Awaclus Day 1:

Let's not lynch Awaclus today.

And that's about the only time I'll ever say that.

My results:

Night 1: I
Let's not lynch Awaclus today.

Night 1: I investigated Awaclus and received Guilty. This said nothing about Awaclus but implied that I am not Naive. So I can trust my results up to redirection/godfather/etc.
Night 2: I investigated Haddock and received Innocent. Note my first post (at least I think it was first post) of the day indicated I didn't want to lynch Haddock, who was a scumread of Day 2. This is also why I was completely trusting of Haddock, though his play on Day 3 was pretty townie anyway.
Night 3: I investigated Jake and received Innocent. Note that today I said not to lynch Jake.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 08, 2017, 10:18:16 am »

Looks like I had an extra copy-pasting in there.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 08, 2017, 10:19:05 am »

So Haddock and Jake should be cleared, unless there is Godfather or some kind of redirection.

Jake should really claim what game he's from.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 08, 2017, 10:20:09 am »

Robbie Valentino (faust)

My favourite one.

I have a theory.

Is there proof that yellow in your results is mafia? In that case, I'd say he's almost certainly mafia because he claimed to JK DatSwan, who took action N2.
Yes.  The only possible outcomes (again, see #1618) have fewer than 3 of every colour except yellow - which means yellow must be scum because we've seen 3 scum.

I don't follow your argument with the last bit because I haven't paid attention to people's claims.  I'll look at that when I get a minute.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 08, 2017, 10:36:54 am »

Yeah, Chairs is totally mafia.

Too early to vote though. Let's keep rockin' this mass claim.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 08, 2017, 10:42:12 am »

So Haddock and Jake should be cleared, unless there is Godfather or some kind of redirection.

No because my role is pretty obvious once I do that.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 08, 2017, 10:45:12 am »

No because my role is pretty obvious once I do that.
So what?
We're mass claiming. Get on board.

Iguana, can you quote the thing how you know that datswan took action N2? I can't find it.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 19 queries.