Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 101  All

Author Topic: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- GAME OVER  (Read 237997 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 5
« Reply #2075 on: October 12, 2017, 05:14:32 pm »

Wait there are 2 scum left?

Yes. The Poisoner and one other scum.
For all of D4 I thought there were 2 scum left wtf

I get that you're busy and  in 3 games, but come on man, half of D4 was people speculating about whole scum teams. But it doesn't matter now I suppose.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: October 12, 2017, 05:15:00 pm »

Yes, two scum left. Started with four, we lynched Iguana and Space. There is the poisoner and some other role we don't know, right?

Eevee, what do you think this means for RR's alignment ?
Well, they can't be the poisoner, unless scum had a way of blocking me. (Makes this role much less useful not knowing if it's no result or no one!) He also can't have been the one to shoot unless they had a ninja kill or a way of blocking me.

Eh, unfortunately I think it's not a very useful result, it's got to make RR at least a little townier I guess.

RR/Datswan/Faust/Galzria

is the pool, two are scum.

I'm still thinking faust is the towniest from yesterday, can't really say from the others. Rereading yesterday's end and who helped lynching SA seems very relevant here.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: October 12, 2017, 05:58:50 pm »

Eevee, what do you think this means for RR's alignment ?
Well, they can't be the poisoner, unless scum had a way of blocking me. (Makes this role much less useful not knowing if it's no result or no one!) He also can't have been the one to shoot unless they had a ninja kill or a way of blocking me.

Eh, unfortunately I think it's not a very useful result, it's got to make RR at least a little townier I guess.

RR/Datswan/Faust/Galzria

is the pool, two are scum.

I'm still thinking faust is the towniest from yesterday, can't really say from the others. Rereading yesterday's end and who helped lynching SA seems very relevant here.
[/quote]

So I am going to go ahead and say that if town got a kill off and Eevee is still alive the "lynch pool" should consist of RR/Swan/Faust/Galz + Eevee...
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: October 12, 2017, 05:59:12 pm »

#QuoteFail
real good. That’s how

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: October 12, 2017, 06:42:23 pm »

Why are Teproc and O confirmed town then?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: October 12, 2017, 06:47:18 pm »

I led a completely uncalled for lynch against scum that was completely outside the likely lynch pool yesterday. Given the potential team of Teproc/O/Space, there was like a <3% chance that Me, Teproc, or Space would be lynched at that point in time and maybe a <5-10% chance that e, the town member who was poisoned, would be lynched. So like a 90%+ chance really that if me and Teproc were scum, we'd have won on the spot if not for me.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: October 12, 2017, 06:55:57 pm »

I led a completely uncalled for lynch against scum that was completely outside the likely lynch pool yesterday. Given the potential team of Teproc/O/Space, there was like a <3% chance that Me, Teproc, or Space would be lynched at that point in time and maybe a <5-10% chance that e, the town member who was poisoned, would be lynched. So like a 90%+ chance really that if me and Teproc were scum, we'd have won on the spot if not for me.

Yeah I’m with Galz on this one. If it’s Teproc/O team fake mason then clap clap clap you got me fooled.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: October 13, 2017, 02:34:04 am »

Also you could have hammered me, and I'm not scum. I guess there woud have been an issue if e blocked one of you, but I think you could have pulled off the hammer without looking terribly suspicious. So yes, I guess you're town. Sorry.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: October 13, 2017, 02:35:57 am »

My gut tells me to go for DatSwan, but I realized that e scumread him and it is likely that he got blocked, which makes him slightly less likely scum as we had a kill.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: October 13, 2017, 03:23:05 am »

Eevee - if I may - Why did you choose to track RR last night over other potential skum?
real good. That’s how

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: October 13, 2017, 05:13:18 am »

Eevee - if I may - Why did you choose to track RR last night over other potential skum?
You may, I thought he was very potential scum was my reason. I didn't expect to live to tell the tale.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: October 13, 2017, 06:08:42 am »

How today is going to work is that O and I will be doing our own scumhunting in our QT and you guys do your own here, because I want to see what scum does without knowing what we're thinking. Which means - sorry town - you'll have to the whole work of rereading and looking at vote counts and all that stuff on your own ! Yesterday was a very instructive day (I mean obviously, pseudo-lylo and we lynched scum with 2 minutes on the clock, that's always going to be a goldmine).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: October 13, 2017, 06:47:32 am »

You may, I thought he was very potential scum was my reason. I didn't expect to live to tell the tale.
Did you think he was the most likely scum? Did you think he was the most likely Poisoner?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 4
« Reply #2088 on: October 13, 2017, 07:15:39 am »

Doing some rereading of yesterday.  I'm not building into anything here, just pointing out things that seem relevant.
Well. This is how this ends:

I'm town. There's 7 town, 3 scum. It takes 6 to lynch. If O and Teproc are town then their commitment to lynching me has just cost town the game. Even if I could convince all 4 other town to vote for DatSwan, or RR, or e, or Space, or whoever - it's not enough to lynch. We only number 5 without town!O and town!Teproc, and it takes 6 to lynch.

So, the only chance town has is if Tep and O are in fact scum. That still leaves the possibility that we can rally to win.

vote: Teproc as the only viable option.

If you do lynch me, the only saving hope we have is that I'm poisoned right now. I've confirmed with Robz that if we fail to lynch scum, or the poisoned player, and there are in fact no ways to stop scum tonight then he will, indeed, call the game immediately.

In the event that the game is still going on: Scum are likely e (Roleblocker/Joat), Swan (Poisoneer), Space (Watcher).

Note that I DON'T think Teproc and O are scum. Simply that as town they've locked us into a probable loss by voting for me - and prevented us from actually lynching scum today.
This looks scummy, especially given how the masons eventually lead us to a scum lynch Galzria wouldn't participate in. Noteworthy that a few posts later Galzria changed his mind, and voted for Swan.

OK I have done some reading and it is extremely late so reasoning will have to follow if needed... But I am not seeing the Space case here. I get that yeah it is probably what he would do if X and Y happened and he is Skum!Space but, it just seems too perfect.
I re read as Skum!Space and I re  read as Town!Space... I can see arguments fo finding links to Skum!Space, but they all can be inferred as how a Town Tracker would play. I just don't see them being the lynch. Even if I am wrong and they are skum then we still miss the poisoner I think? There is no way for skum to talk during the day so if they were skum, and pulling a poisoner-watcher switch - why would they pick to claim tracking a high profile target like Galz last night? They could not of known it was true.

Obviously I also am against lynching myself. But I am kind of over defending that at this point. If anyone wants to pursue it I will be happy to elaborate further.

Faust is quite clearly skum.
I get that we are trying to find the poisoner, and that because of this he isn't the one who is poisoned.... but if our lynch pool consists of the 1) the AFK dude that pops in with numbers every once and a while, 2) skum!Faust, and 3) Me...
Then we have a problem because only one of us is for sure flipping skum in that group and I cannot believe he is the poisoner as played.

I think we need to consider the outlier idea, that the poisoner would be deliberately quiet to just stay out of action. I said it day 1 and I will say it again. RR.
Here is Swan saying he doesn't think Space is scum.

In post #1743 space (
) Space gives out reads.

2. Galzria
4. 2.71828.....
9. Datswan
13. faust

This is the pool for me, based on PoE. Three of them are mafia, one of them is not. So our chances are pretty good.
RR posts his lynchpool, doesn't include Space.

Posting now because things are getting interesting at this point (post 1838), Space wagon is kicking off.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: October 13, 2017, 07:23:42 am »

This looks scummy, especially given how the masons eventually lead us to a scum lynch Galzria wouldn't participate in. Noteworthy that a few posts later Galzria changed his mind, and voted for Swan.

galzria voted for Space, btw

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: October 13, 2017, 07:28:35 am »

given the crew currently in space I could find a switch. Hour left I need to think for a minute.

Well, Town!Space & Scum!Swan is out the window.

See it’s things like this that make me think it neeeedddsss to be Galz. This is clearly a set up of Skum Galz!Space when Galz knows his guy is going down to further try and sell me tomorrow. Is no one really willing to consider this as a better lynch??

I mean if not whatever I will continue to think for like 10 minutes on my Space switxhand get back.
Swan trying to save Space.

@O
I see that now, I misremembered!

I think I want to lynch Swan. I didn't remember Galzria being there to help us lynch Space in the end.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: October 13, 2017, 07:31:10 am »

The end of day wasn't as useful as one might hope. RR missed all the fun not being active (scum points), Galzria had his vote on DatSwan for a bit but eventually helped lynch Space.

After the reread, I still don't think faust is scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: October 13, 2017, 07:35:24 am »

Eevee, did you reread during the night ?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: October 13, 2017, 07:52:23 am »

Eevee, did you reread during the night ?
No, just now. Skimmed some, and skipped the claiming stuff that seemed to take 20 pages.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: October 13, 2017, 09:20:38 am »

Could the person who borrowed my favorite Miles Davis record please return it to the rec room immediately? Thank you. Namaste.

Vote Count 5.0

Not Voting (7): Galzria, faust, DatSwan, O, Eevee, Teproc, RoadRunner7671

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Day 5 ends on October 19th at 4 PM.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: October 13, 2017, 11:54:11 am »

Did you think he was the most likely scum? Did you think he was the most likely Poisoner?
Eevee, did you see this?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: October 13, 2017, 12:11:00 pm »

I think I should schedule my rereads so you can prod me if I fall behind.

Space: 16th
Galzria & RR: 17th
DatSwan & Eevee: 18th

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:07 pm »

Eevee, did you see this?
I did not! Makes me wonder how many posts I miss per game, thanks for reposting.

Just most likely scum. I really expected to die, this probably indicates that scum has ninja powers at their disposal?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 13, 2017, 12:31:01 pm »

Eevee, did you see this?
I did not! Makes me wonder how many posts I miss per game, thanks for reposting.

Just most likely scum. I really expected to die, this probably indicates that scum has ninja powers at their disposal?

And where, my dear Eevee, do you suggest scum obtained said Ninja powers?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: October 13, 2017, 12:36:28 pm »

Eevee, did you see this?

I don't know. It's LyLo, we can't really trust you even if you have a guilty result. Scum can exploit that.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 101  All

Page created in 2.313 seconds with 19 queries.