Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Dominion Confessions  (Read 39420 times)

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: Dominion Confessions
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2018, 02:35:39 am »

I feel a great deal of discomfort when I have an odd number of cards from an empty Duration pile. I'd basically rather just have 4 Den Of Sins than 5.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2018, 02:38:46 am »

I feel a great deal of discomfort when I have an odd number of cards from an empty Duration pile. I'd basically rather just have 4 Den Of Sins than 5.

But if you have 5, that means your opponent doesn't get to have an even number either.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2018, 03:23:24 am »

But if you have 5, that means your opponent doesn't get to have an even number either.

True. I guess I'd almost rather have 4 if it meant my opponent having 6 than us both having 5.

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2018, 04:11:02 am »

I think that if Harbinger cost $2 instead of $3 and Bureaucrat and Mine were removed from 2nd edition Base Dominion, it would be the best Dominion set.

Bureaucrat and Mine are fine. They're a bit on the weak side, but cool enough to get away with it. Especially Mine.

I also think 2nd edition Base Dominion is one of the better sets, just after my favorites, Adventures and Prosperity.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Obi Wan Bonogi

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +344
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2018, 02:58:42 pm »
+6

I began playing some 3-player and have made it to level 58 very quickly because I have never been third player.

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
  • Respect: +329
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2018, 12:41:49 pm »
+5

I woke up mumbling, "sure, I'll take a Hunting Party..."
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

DeepCyan

• Steward
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2018, 02:56:36 am »

Whenever there's a junker on the board, I will over-buy it to excess and build a deck around playing them as quickly as possible. Less because I think cursing itself is good, but more because I hate dealing with deck junking. After all, you don't have to worry about curses if you opponent has all 10 of them.

(Oh, and if there is rats + any trash-for-benefit on the board, I will buy rats. There is no exceptions to this rule. Anybody who forgoes rats in a set where rats can be used will be silently but sternly disapproved of. Cowards.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 02:57:44 am by DeepCyan »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2018, 03:08:13 am »

Whenever there's a junker on the board, I will over-buy it to excess and build a deck around playing them as quickly as possible. Less because I think cursing itself is good, but more because I hate dealing with deck junking. After all, you don't have to worry about curses if you opponent has all 10 of them.

But that's a completely valid strategy unless it's one of the weaker junkers like Sea Hag or Marauder.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
  • Respect: +329
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2018, 12:31:25 pm »
+1

(Oh, and if there is rats + any trash-for-benefit on the board, I will buy rats. There is no exceptions to this rule. Anybody who forgoes rats in a set where rats can be used will be silently but sternly disapproved of. Cowards.)

Isn't that just what you do? I think of giving an opponent a junk card as the same as trashing one of their Labs, so Witch is sort of like Sir Destry but it always hits a Lab.
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

DeepCyan

• Steward
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2018, 01:15:59 pm »

Isn't that just what you do? I think of giving an opponent a junk card as the same as trashing one of their Labs, so Witch is sort of like Sir Destry but it always hits a Lab.

Most of the time, yeah. But I can think of several games I’ve lost where I’ve went all out for cursing on boards with amazing trash/defense, and end up essentially junking my deck with suboptimal cards whilst my opponent remains somewhat unaffected.

Really, I’ve only very recently learned that when there’s something like Chapel or the Sauna split pile in the game, immediately buying 3 cursers is just...not a good idea?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2018, 04:01:23 pm »
+1

Cursers are still good in Sauna  or Chapel games, unless the opponent is already overdrawing their deck. They'll get rid of the Curses eventually, but just having the Curse for one shuffle is already a strong attack and any more than that is just extra.

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2018, 06:50:39 pm »
+4

I tried to win with rats and vineyard....on a colony board....
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

cascadestyler

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: cascadestyler
  • Vamos Cuidadanos!
  • Respect: +149
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2018, 10:19:16 am »
+7

Witch is sort of like Sir Destry but it always hits a Lab.

This is why we're not supposed to say cards are like other cards
"You can't help people being right for the wrong reasons...This fear of finding oneself in bad company is not an expression of political purity; it is an expression of a lack of self-confidence."

- Arthur Koestler
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.