Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Card Spreadsheet  (Read 1673 times)

ketura

• Pawn
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
Card Spreadsheet
« on: August 19, 2015, 10:19:29 pm »
+5

So I went looking for a general list of cards, and besides the now-outdated list on dominionstrategy.com, I didn't find anything that was recent and also parseable the way I wanted it (I wanted to write a script to analyse the data, not just review with human eyes).

(Of course, as I cross-post this here I realize the wiki probably had a card list page, and sure enough, that would have been a better starting point.  Oh well, the work needed done anyway.)

This led me to create an updated spreadsheet on google docs that  I could use for my script-mongering.  Here it is for anyone who would like to use it.

I first posted this over on /r/dominion, and there I've made some notes on parsing it if anyone's interested.

Anyhoo, yeah.  No doubt many of you have your own homebrew solutions, but I figured this was done in a computer-friendly enough manner to warrant public release.  Let me know if there's any way you can see I could improve it (or if there's some other resource that Google failed to find me).

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
Re: Card Spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 10:28:57 pm »
+3

ketura

• Pawn
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
Re: Card Spreadsheet
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 10:39:51 pm »
+6

Drat.  That would have been a much better starting point; would have allowed me to process the whole thing in a few minutes rather than a few hours.  Oh well.  This is still more computer-friendly, unless there's some API I'm not seeing.  Thanks.

Donald X. just replied to my comment, don't freak out, don't freak out...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.411 seconds with 21 queries.