Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Shortest Game Ever  (Read 2280 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Shortest Game Ever
« on: February 14, 2012, 02:31:57 am »

So, I played this game and opened Governor turn 1 and then my opponent resigned. I mean, Governor is a great opening and all, but I think there are still ways to win.

Here is the game log. http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201202/13/game-20120213-232840-79f4ebab.html

Cheese

• Swindler
  • Respect: +23
    • View Profile
Re: Shortest Game Ever
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 02:43:19 am »
+3

Nicely done. I think he probably felt that at this point, with no treasure except copper, that he was just too far behind.

def

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 02:57:03 am »
+2

You know, there may be other reasons for resigning a game early on, like, your house is burning. Especially since Governor isn't a totally great opening at all. There are 14 5$ cards that have a higher ranking when opening with them and nothing else.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 09:30:52 am »

You know, there may be other reasons for resigning a game early on, like, your house is burning. Especially since Governor isn't a totally great opening at all. There are 14 5$ cards that have a higher ranking when opening with them and nothing else.

Given he started another game 7 minutes later according to CR.com, I suspect it wasn't a burning house.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

lympi

• Salvager
  • You'll never catch me, Copper
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 12:04:43 pm »
+3

Given he started another game 7 minutes later according to CR.com, I suspect it wasn't a burning house.

I don't know. If he started one minute later, sure, that's no burning house. Seven minutes, though… that could go either way. You can put out a lot of fires in seven minutes. Then, once the fire is out, nothing like relaxing with a nice game of Dominion.

Vetoing Governor, of course.
Then God said, Let there be a Village, and another Village, and another Village, and a Village, and I've got a silver and a copper. I'll buy a Village. -Ousgg on BGG

chwhite

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 12:42:21 pm »

Or perhaps his internet connection cut out for a few minutes.  Happens to me semi-frequently.
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 01:16:35 pm »

He intentionally resigned, though. You get the "X resigns from the game (client disconnected or unresponsive)" message if it's a disconnect.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.