Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Japanese (and other language) card text on the wiki - help requested!

<< < (2/6) > >>

Awaclus:

--- Quote from: werothegreat on July 22, 2017, 11:29:11 am ---
--- Quote from: GendoIkari on July 22, 2017, 10:48:57 am ---
--- Quote from: werothegreat on July 21, 2017, 11:11:15 pm ---
--- Quote from: majiponi on July 21, 2017, 10:45:22 pm ---Do I have to scan the printed Japanese cards? I don't have any.

--- End quote ---

Not if you don't have them. 

--- End quote ---

I hate to make an Awaclus joke, but you're saying that if he does have them, then he has to scan them?

--- End quote ---

I've taken notational logic courses three separate times and I still don't remember the fancy name for this

--- End quote ---

Non sequitur?

werothegreat:
Another example: http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Cellar#Other_language_versions

I've got the German and Russian texts in the table, but not the Japanese (and not for any of the other languages, which aren't on Dominion Online yet).  I also haven't put in the digital Japanese card yet, but that's easy enough to do.  EDIT: Added the digital Japanese card.

markusin:

--- Quote from: werothegreat on July 22, 2017, 04:05:40 pm ---Another example: http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Cellar#Other_language_versions

I've got the German and Russian texts in the table, but not the Japanese (and not for any of the other languages, which aren't on Dominion Online yet).  I also haven't put in the digital Japanese card yet, but that's easy enough to do.  EDIT: Added the digital Japanese card.

--- End quote ---

Where can you find the digital Japanese cards being used on Dominion Online? I'm also curious if you've tried taking screenshots of the Japanese cards or something then ran OCR on the text, though that is unlikely to give you perfect results unfortunately.

werothegreat:

--- Quote from: markusin on July 22, 2017, 04:18:25 pm ---Where can you find the digital Japanese cards being used on Dominion Online?

--- End quote ---

When you log in to Dominion Online, click the little Japanese flag in the upper left corner.  Then I go to Familiar cards and just take a screenshot of the relevant card and crop it.  In Paint.

markusin:

--- Quote from: werothegreat on July 22, 2017, 04:46:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: markusin on July 22, 2017, 04:18:25 pm ---Where can you find the digital Japanese cards being used on Dominion Online?

--- End quote ---

When you log in to Dominion Online, click the little Japanese flag in the upper left corner.  Then I go to Familiar cards and just take a screenshot of the relevant card and crop it.  In Paint.

--- End quote ---

So, I took a look at the Japanese card texts of a few cards and gave Japanese OCR tools a shot. The one I tried turned out to be very effective so far and can be done directly on the client.

I actually know enough about kanji drawing stroke order to be able to do quick lookups of kanji online by drawing it (note that online lookups based on drawing kanji generally fail you if you can't figure out the approximate stroke order). This kind of lookup is only necessary for kanji that the OCR tool fails to parse.

So, I'm willing to help transcribe Japanese card text to the Wiki. I can't help with any of the other language though, nor would I want to upload the Japanese digital card art.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version