Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148092 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1175 on: August 23, 2017, 01:23:39 pm »

Damnit, missed it by like 2 mins. Well, good morning everyone!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 23, 2017, 01:24:25 pm »

And apologies to all if I fucked up. That's now 2 people I've gotten lynched, and I really hope it's not 0/2.

And good morning to you Andrew!
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 23, 2017, 01:26:42 pm »

Thread locked
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 23, 2017, 01:27:28 pm »

Vc and flavor will be here in 3-4 hours till I am not home and also posting from the phone

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 23, 2017, 01:32:24 pm »

Roadrunner7671 was lynched! He was Moving to a different location!

Night ends in 48 hrs. Deadline for night actions in 47.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (N0!)
« Reply #1180 on: August 24, 2017, 12:51:46 pm »

Vote Count 3.final

faust (2): AndrewisFTTW, Xxraptorslayer96
DatSwan (1): faust
Roadrunner7671 (5): Skumpy, Teproc, Galzria, DatSwan, chairs
Not voting (1): Roadrunner7671

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends August 23, at 3 pm FT.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 25, 2017, 01:00:57 pm »

Today was the first day of LaLight's life when his best friend didn't call. Where was he? We'll never know.

faust was killed in the night! He was a Responsible Friend!

Day 4 starts now and ends Friday, 1st of September at 1 pm.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (N0!)
« Reply #1182 on: August 25, 2017, 01:01:39 pm »

Vote Count 4.0

Not voting (7): Skumpy, Teproc, Galzria, DatSwan, chairs, AndrewisFTTW, Xxraptorslayer96

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D4)
« Reply #1183 on: August 25, 2017, 01:16:05 pm »

Damn. Well, it was the right kill choice for scum, but I had hoped Faust would block it and save himself.

So I thought we would get the full flip on RR based on getting it when Gkrieg flipped. I was not aware that modifiable flavor roles were not revealed. So unfortunately we learn nothing regarding mod5 with RR's death. Although if it's on (and I'm understanding cop enabler correctly) then a potential UB is now a VT with a single nights result (N2).

I'll have a little time for this now, next to none later, maybe a little tonight, and then Raptor, DatSwan and I will have absolutely nothing all of Saturday.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 25, 2017, 01:21:47 pm »

Well, good to know I will end this game without mislynching faust. I would've owed him a sincere apology.

Also, Galzria, I saw your post, but I didn't want to clutter up DGHunter's thread with chum stuff. I'm like halfway between SJ and SF.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: August 25, 2017, 01:24:17 pm »

Well, good to know I will end this game without mislynching faust. I would've owed him a sincere apology.

Also, Galzria, I saw your post, but I didn't want to clutter up DGHunter's thread with chum stuff. I'm like halfway between SJ and SF.

I added myself to the members map right after making the post.  I had forgotten that there are a could of us in this area (O, ftl)

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 25, 2017, 01:27:13 pm »

It's hard to drop a read. It took a lot for me to step back and find a reason for him to be town.

Mafia Record:

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 25, 2017, 01:32:06 pm »

Well, at least now that faust is gone, I can change my signature back    ;)

I don't know if 6 qualifies as a cloud could (also I don't know who ftl is and judging by his profile, he's not around here anymore anyways). In any event, I'm back off to school in a couple weeks so I'll be out of the could shortly.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 25, 2017, 02:22:35 pm »

One more reread of day 3 later, my takeaway is I need to do another reread. I also keep reading everything Galzria says as town, then I mentally slap myself and remind myself that I definitely can't be assuming that.

Some other thoughts:
Now that we know there's a flavor cop, it's time to seriously consider a massclaim. Night 1, I suspect that either Galzria is the Flavor Cop or scum stumbled upon a VT. Otherwise, they wouldn't have killed TWM (I doubt they wasted their time investigating Jake). Night 2, if they didn't investigate faust, then they know somebody's role for sure. Night 3 is tough to say.

I don't think we're going to get anything out of trying to figure out who faust roleblocked last night. Obviously, he suspected DatSwan, but whereas I disagreed with his logic that I would commit the night kill night 2, I have to admit it would make sense here if DatSwan is the nonFlavor Cop scum, but decided to not commit the kill since he'd be roleblocked. But then again, faust would know that and would block somebody else and we're playing the WIFOM game again.

Also, now I know there was an all-town wagon on Jake day 1. I don't really like how scum is methodically hunting down everybody from that wagon...

I think I've got 2 suspects in mind, and I've got a 70% chance of being right on one, but I'm not saying yet because
a) I was wrong day 3 on an instant callout (though it did work in the end!)
b) I think I'm wrong now
c) I'm waiting for Teproc to post first since I'm now realizing that other than his accusation of me, his reads have been pretty spot on (and if he trusts I'm town, then we have the same information). 

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 25, 2017, 02:33:12 pm »

Oh, one more thing. I know I probably won't be getting lynched today and Teproc doesn't like it when I defend myself, but if anyone still suspects I'm skum:

I mentioned twice on day 2 that I had picked up on something nobody else had. This is what it was.

But even if there is, suppose I'm Precise Alarm Clock (Doctor, mod 1)

A) I'm the doctor (mod 1 is working). In which case, I claim doctor, and either IC myself or set up a WIFOM with 1 scum.

B) I'm the not-doctor (mod 1 is not working). In which case, I can claim "I ain't no doc, but I know nobody here ain't no doc neither!" Which again either IC's myself or sets up a WIFOM.

Wouldn't this just instantly clear like half the town? Am I missing something?

You are missing that if there is no player with the flavor name Precise Alarm Clock if the modification1 is no active. Instead, an additional Good Memories (VT) is added. So it is not possible for a single player to claim "not-Doctor", and it is possible for scum to fakelclaim since they know exactly what modifications are present.

Which is strange because the flavor name is Good Memory, not Good Memories, as faust incorrectly stated. If you were a VT and you saw in your QT 'Good Memory' in giant green letters, you're not going to forget it. Obviously, he could be a PR, but there were only 2.5 expected PRs for town, versus 3 for scum. The odds were against him, and I'm very sorry I didn't get a chance to point this out yesterday and maybe save Jake. Sadly, it does us no good today.

faust, who did you roleblock night 1?

If I was Skum, I would've had faust killed in the night when I realized he had a role. Yet he lived. Twice.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 25, 2017, 02:36:11 pm »

Some other thoughts:
Now that we know there's a flavor cop, it's time to seriously consider a massclaim. Night 1, I suspect that either Galzria is the Flavor Cop or scum stumbled upon a VT. Otherwise, they wouldn't have killed TWM (I doubt they wasted their time investigating Jake). Night 2, if they didn't investigate faust, then they know somebody's role for sure. Night 3 is tough to say.

Do you mean that you think Galzria was the Flavor Cop target N1 ? Why ?

Also I would appreciate if you stopped harping on me voting for you 5 hours into day 1. I get that this is your first game, but getting suspected is normal, and not worth obsessing over when it doesn't last.

I'll take a massclaim under consideration. People who might want to claim should hold off for now, unless they have a scum result (to clarify for the newbies: tracker who saw someone target faust last night, backup-cop who got a scum result they trust or Watcher who targeted faust last night).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 25, 2017, 02:36:39 pm »

Well, "harping on" is not quite right, but you knwo what I mean.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 25, 2017, 02:50:28 pm »

Some other thoughts:

Do you mean that you think Galzria was the Flavor Cop target N1 ? Why ?

Also I would appreciate if you stopped harping on me voting for you 5 hours into day 1. I get that this is your first game, but getting suspected is normal, and not worth obsessing over when it doesn't last.

I'll take a massclaim under consideration. People who might want to claim should hold off for now, unless they have a scum result (to clarify for the newbies: tracker who saw someone target faust last night, backup-cop who got a scum result they trust or Watcher who targeted faust last night).

No, that he is the flavor cop. Because a VT was killed night 2, either they found a VT night 1 and had no information to go off, or they literally had no information at all because their Flavor Cop was roleblocked.

I only brought up you voting me because, as far as I can remember, it's your only read that's been incorrect this game. It's a compliment! Heck, maybe faust's reads were right and you voted 3 scum yesterday!

While I agree on the watcher/tracker with info, I'd leave the Cop out of it since, as you said yourself, it's only one result that could have been psychotrooped. More likely than not it wasn't, but that's not urgent info we need.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 25, 2017, 03:01:12 pm »

On top of other stuff, I think yesterday's read reversal on faust should make you reconsider a scum read on Galz.

It's urgent in the sense that they could get NKed, and sometimes Cop results that seem useless are useful (we almost won one of the setup's previous iterations that way).

I think a massclaim is good. Thinking about the order currently.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 25, 2017, 03:07:53 pm »

Let's go with:

XXRaptor
chairs
Andrew
DatSwan
Skumpy

For those not aware of how a massclaim works: I'm asking people to claim their role and results in this order. So XXRaptor, you're up first.

I'll ask that people do not comment on what they think of people's claims until we get through all of it. Feel free to comment on other stuff though: specficially everyone should reread RR and look at his interactions, as well as other people's interactions with him.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 25, 2017, 03:09:42 pm »

I assume you mean I should reconsider him and think him town now?

First, I never said I suspected him of being scum, he's not at the top of my list anyways. Second, it's a dangerous play to put Galzria in the "OK, you're clean" zone. He knows it too.

Before ordering a massclaim (PPE: you just did), I would see where everybody else stands on it first. I'm still on the fence, but I think I like it a little more than not.

PPE: DatSwan's already claimed VT, so you can leave him off the list

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 25, 2017, 03:12:27 pm »

I'm not saying Galzria is definitely town. I'm saying there is a lot of evidence to suggest he is.

I don't care about what people think of a massclaim, it's obvious to me that it's time to do it and I don't want to waste too much time on it.

Right, DatSwan is a VT, forgot about that.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 25, 2017, 03:15:23 pm »

The thing is: Galz reversing his read on faust is pretty ballsy as scum if he did that. Which, Galz is a ballsy scum player, definitely, but still. You're making a lynch you really, really want to happen much harder and enabling a possible scum lynch.  Not to mention he did not hesitate to get on the RR wagon. That's pretty overwhelming... I'm willing to hear arguments that Galz is scum, but they'll need to be pretty damn convincing as far as I'm concerned.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 25, 2017, 03:19:11 pm »

Check my post!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 25, 2017, 03:24:56 pm »

I've never heard of Capitola, probably because I don't get out of the house much. Sounds like a lovely town though.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56  All

Page created in 2.273 seconds with 20 queries.