Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148041 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1150 on: August 23, 2017, 04:05:03 am »

Or not-scummy, depending on how you feel about the whole thing. I happen to think Galz is scum and DatSwan is town, but not because of the claims.
Then why do you think DatSwan is town?

Well it has to do with how DatSwan was responding to Galz a while back, but it's partly based on my scum read on Galz so I guess that doesn't do much for you. Also yeah you're right about the claims not being the same amount of scummy. But I believe DatSwan's claim was a newbie mistake and I'm giving it a pass.
D3 is not the time for newbie passes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 23, 2017, 04:06:36 am »

Also it is probably a bad idea to derive all your reads from one single read on Galzria that may very well be wrong. I mean, I agree that it doesn't make a ton of sense for Galz and DatSwan to be scum together, but both can still be scummy individually.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 23, 2017, 04:07:36 am »

Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 23, 2017, 04:41:20 am »

Not asking for a newbie pass... again... I feel like I made my reasoning quite clear really. It may have been newbish reasoning, in which case, whatever I suck, but my reasoning at the time of the choice has not changed and furthermore I do not think that it was a bad call. It did not have the effects I hoped it would as at the first impasse it is being brought up all it is doing is taking away focus from other skum. But in the end, if everyone goes back and re reads (and makes the hard RR or chairs choice) I am confident that even if I lynch I will get that cool green text for my signature.

Additionally, have to point out that there are two players doing an EXTREMELY good job of keeping the focus/hate on me rn at eod 3
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 23, 2017, 05:32:59 am »

Read through day 3 for the like the umpteenth time. Still nothing. Are we sure there's 3 scum?

Let's say it's neither Chairs nor RR. The possible teams then become (since I'm not scum)
Faust/XX/Galzria
Faust/XX/Andrew
Faust/XX/DatSwan
Faust/Galzria/Andrew
Faust/Galzria/DatSwan/
Faust/Andrew/DatSwan
XX/Galzria/Andrew
XX/Galzria/DatSwan
XX/Andrew/DatSWan
Galzria/Andrew/DatSwan

So let's start eliminating!
As I said, I don't think anymore that it's Faust and XX, the Raptor vote on faust is just way too dangerous, so those can go away. Down to 7...
Faust/Galzria/Andrew
Faust/Galzria/DatSwan/
Faust/Andrew/DatSwan
XX/Galzria/Andrew
XX/Galzria/DatSwan
XX/Andrew/DatSWan
Galzria/Andrew/DatSwan

Galzria and DatSwan claiming VT the same day, 3 IRL days apart? That's risky and strange. Down to 4...
Faust/Galzria/Andrew
Faust/Andrew/DatSwan
XX/Galzria/Andrew
XX/Andrew/DatSwan

Now it's tougher to eliminate (Andrew, if you trust I'm town, you can skip to the bottom now).
Could Andrew and Galzria have been staging their conflict this entire time? Are Andrew and DatSwan really going to buddy-buddy so hard that they're not going to get suspected? If you answered no to both these questions, congrats, you have not won a new car! But maybe you didn't, so let's reconsider all of them.

Team 1: So they've all voted for each other except Faust for Andrew. That's a lot of bussing, but they are vets. If they wanted to pull something off at the expense of us newbies, they could. Was the plan to get faust killed quickly, then Galzria called an audible when things worked out nicely. Possibly? It did take a while for Galz to get convinced. There's a lot working against this team.

Team 2: So 7 town voted for Robz. Well then. That's really bad if that's what happened. Two of them were away, do keep in mind. Also, this team features the faust vs DatSwan beef. They are fighting hard to get each other lynched, and I don't think faust would be so willing to take the fall here and trust Andrew and DatSwan to carry out the rest of the game against Galzria and co. It is very close to happening as it is.

Team 3: Back again to Galzria vs Andrew. Remember XX's very first vote was on Galz, there could have been instructions there. XX and Andrew haven't interacted much; then again, XX hasn't interacted much with anybody. Andrew's also been pushing against XX, is he the kind of the guy to try and get BOTH of his teammates lynched?

Team 4: And we have the only possible team with both XX and DatSwan. Is the reason we're struggling so much the fact that we can't figure out XX and DatSwan? Those 2 have defended each other and come after me. And Andrew and DatSwan have too, and they're both on faust, and they were both on Galzria, and.... OK, this isn't looking good actually. There is quite suddenly definitely a case here, I'm realizing. I doubt Andrew would make for a good coach (sorry man), so if neither XX nor DatSwan seems to have been coached, this is a reasonable explanation. Let's just say "No, this isn't the team" just to move on...

Long story short, the plan was to eliminate all 10 teams above. That means that one of Chairs and RR must be scum, if not both, so I propose we focus voting there and narrow the lynch pool down to 2. If we're wrong today, we can get the other tomorrow. The only issue is, as I now see, that last team could potentially be correct, or is at least the most likely of the 10. If anybody has a very good counter to why the team is not Andrew/DatSwan/XX, please speak up (since none of DatSwan, Andrew, and XX are currently voting for either RR or Chairs, that's hopefully convincing enough to get up to 5 votes between the two of them, since Galzria and I already there). I think we should still get one of Chairs and RR today, then depending on who's killed, figure out a potential common denominator of all remaining teams and get them.

I'll be back in 7ish hours, I'll be around till deadline, won't have a lot of sleep though. Staying on Chairs for now. I strongly suspect I'll be the night kill since everybody's trusting me, so if I'm not around to see the light of day tomorrow, please, don't let me have died in vain. Finish my work!
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: August 23, 2017, 05:44:57 am »

I don't think we should wait until 30 minutes before deadline to lynch. It's better if we get the lynch before, and Andrew and XXR should leaves their votes expecting the day to end before then... it seems to me that this is the case for Andrew already.

It's good to know that they will be there in case we need them to get a lynch through. But XXR should be voting right now, you don't get to wait for everyone else to nicely take position for you.

I will be around. But agreed we shouldn't wait

Vote: Faust -same reason as before, I do not believe that his claims are true.

Not voting DatSwan b/c other then his premature claim I don't think he has done anything scummy. I can be wrong about him, hard to be unbiased ngl.

Not voting chairs b/c just not 100% sure what to think of him. Gut feeling he is scum. I think he's just all over the place with his votes. And it's a similar situation at skumpy.

I'll be around leading to deadline. Willing to change my vote to see a Lynch.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 23, 2017, 05:48:42 am »

Actually, let's switch to a Vote: RR to keep things interesting. I'll read back later and decide who I find more scummy. Happy to change back to Chairs as of right now, that may not be the case tomorrow depending on who votes...

Also XX, I was kinda hoping you would, uh, consider my ideas more. So be it. I'll be back later. ¡Chao!
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 23, 2017, 05:54:40 am »

Read through day 3 for the like the umpteenth time. Still nothing. Are we sure there's 3 scum?

Let's say it's neither Chairs nor RR. The possible teams then become (since I'm not scum)
Faust/XX/Galzria
Faust/XX/Andrew
Faust/XX/DatSwan
Faust/Galzria/Andrew
Faust/Galzria/DatSwan/
Faust/Andrew/DatSwan
XX/Galzria/Andrew
XX/Galzria/DatSwan
XX/Andrew/DatSWan
Galzria/Andrew/DatSwan

So let's start eliminating!
As I said, I don't think anymore that it's Faust and XX, the Raptor vote on faust is just way too dangerous, so those can go away. Down to 7...
Faust/Galzria/Andrew
Faust/Galzria/DatSwan/
Faust/Andrew/DatSwan
XX/Galzria/Andrew
XX/Galzria/DatSwan
XX/Andrew/DatSWan
Galzria/Andrew/DatSwan

Galzria and DatSwan claiming VT the same day, 3 IRL days apart? That's risky and strange. Down to 4...
Faust/Galzria/Andrew
Faust/Andrew/DatSwan
XX/Galzria/Andrew
XX/Andrew/DatSwan

Now it's tougher to eliminate (Andrew, if you trust I'm town, you can skip to the bottom now).
Could Andrew and Galzria have been staging their conflict this entire time? Are Andrew and DatSwan really going to buddy-buddy so hard that they're not going to get suspected? If you answered no to both these questions, congrats, you have not won a new car! But maybe you didn't, so let's reconsider all of them.

Team 1: So they've all voted for each other except Faust for Andrew. That's a lot of bussing, but they are vets. If they wanted to pull something off at the expense of us newbies, they could. Was the plan to get faust killed quickly, then Galzria called an audible when things worked out nicely. Possibly? It did take a while for Galz to get convinced. There's a lot working against this team.

Team 2: So 7 town voted for Robz. Well then. That's really bad if that's what happened. Two of them were away, do keep in mind. Also, this team features the faust vs DatSwan beef. They are fighting hard to get each other lynched, and I don't think faust would be so willing to take the fall here and trust Andrew and DatSwan to carry out the rest of the game against Galzria and co. It is very close to happening as it is.

Team 3: Back again to Galzria vs Andrew. Remember XX's very first vote was on Galz, there could have been instructions there. XX and Andrew haven't interacted much; then again, XX hasn't interacted much with anybody. Andrew's also been pushing against XX, is he the kind of the guy to try and get BOTH of his teammates lynched?

Team 4: And we have the only possible team with both XX and DatSwan. Is the reason we're struggling so much the fact that we can't figure out XX and DatSwan? Those 2 have defended each other and come after me. And Andrew and DatSwan have too, and they're both on faust, and they were both on Galzria, and.... OK, this isn't looking good actually. There is quite suddenly definitely a case here, I'm realizing. I doubt Andrew would make for a good coach (sorry man), so if neither XX nor DatSwan seems to have been coached, this is a reasonable explanation. Let's just say "No, this isn't the team" just to move on...

Long story short, the plan was to eliminate all 10 teams above. That means that one of Chairs and RR must be scum, if not both, so I propose we focus voting there and narrow the lynch pool down to 2. If we're wrong today, we can get the other tomorrow. The only issue is, as I now see, that last team could potentially be correct, or is at least the most likely of the 10. If anybody has a very good counter to why the team is not Andrew/DatSwan/XX, please speak up (since none of DatSwan, Andrew, and XX are currently voting for either RR or Chairs, that's hopefully convincing enough to get up to 5 votes between the two of them, since Galzria and I already there). I think we should still get one of Chairs and RR today, then depending on who's killed, figure out a potential common denominator of all remaining teams and get them.

I'll be back in 7ish hours, I'll be around till deadline, won't have a lot of sleep though. Staying on Chairs for now. I strongly suspect I'll be the night kill since everybody's trusting me, so if I'm not around to see the light of day tomorrow, please, don't let me have died in vain. Finish my work!

I had a "in case I get lynched make sure to read this when I flip" post written out.... but this is just better. I am not even going to defend the cases made against me on the points they are. Just read it and consider it. Well written.

The only point I would like to add is that the most important thing today is we do not go into MYLO tomorrow. I agree with the RR/Chairs concept obv
Another thing to be considered, if you have a PR to keep someone alive, and we actually lynch correctly tonight, you should save it. 9 today, with 6-3 means if we go to D4 5-2. As long as I understand the rules correctly, this forces a D5. Whatever power you have now on night 3 will be more important on night 4, because if we do good they cannot get us on D4.
I feel like the amount of info revealed from today's decision gives us a much better chance than anything else revealed thus far. Just think things through.

real good. That’s how

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 23, 2017, 06:13:03 am »

Hears my two cents if it matters: I am town.

I was lumped in with Datswan b/c the twin claim. I think the real life connection makes it easy to defend eachoyher. For the record don't think I ever really defended him. I'm put between a rock and a hard place voting for something I truly thing is town. If he is lynched and flips scum I suck and deserve to be lynched.

I'm null on Andrew, no real interaction.

Or skumpy pushes for the only ones who have pushed for him? Probably not that's too simple.

Conclusion: will vote datswan or Andrew to please the crowd but feel it unnecessary

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 23, 2017, 06:14:26 am »

Also XX, I was kinda hoping you would, uh, consider my ideas more. So be it. I'll be back later. ¡Chao!

Sorry I forgot to PPE my first post.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (N0!)
« Reply #1160 on: August 23, 2017, 06:42:04 am »

Vote Count 3.5

faust (3): AndrewisFTTW, DatSwan, Xxraptorslayer96
DatSwan (3): faust, Teproc, chairs
chairs (1): Galzria
Roadrunner7671 (1): Skumpy
Not voting (1): Roadrunner7671

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends August 23, at 3 pm FT.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 23, 2017, 07:41:18 am »

Um, can we lynch one of DatSwan/Xx now please?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 23, 2017, 08:05:12 am »

I should be around for the deadline, my only commitment today is 4 hours before it so I think I'm okay. I don't know how long before it I'll be around though, I might pop in pretty late.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 23, 2017, 08:57:55 am »

I should be around for the deadline, my only commitment today is 4 hours before it so I think I'm okay. I don't know how long before it I'll be around though, I might pop in pretty late.

Who do you think is scum ? Vote for them, now.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:29 am »

I gues that was an hour ago almost, ugh.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:58 am »

Vote: RR

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 23, 2017, 12:09:43 pm »

vote: RR

Still think I prefer Chairs overall, but c'mon man... there's no effort here and it's killing us if you're town.

Here until deadline.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 23, 2017, 01:04:17 pm »

real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 23, 2017, 01:14:58 pm »

L-1

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 23, 2017, 01:15:34 pm »

1h 45m to deadline

Mafia Record:

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: August 23, 2017, 01:20:01 pm »

I don't know if I'll be around anymore today and I don't want us to miss a lynch here.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 23, 2017, 01:20:48 pm »

Not my top choice but Vote: RR

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 23, 2017, 01:21:07 pm »

Chairs beat me

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 23, 2017, 01:22:21 pm »

Just finished rereading re-cursorySkimming RR (47 posts total including /in; people should really post less, it make it a lot easier) and Chairs.

RR's not very townie, but it keeps coming back to Skumpy Doesn't Know How Anybody Plays! Like Jake, I imagine it's his MO to be scummy in nature, but there's just no strong stances, especially today. Nobody's also really built a case against him like they did Jake, 2 of the notable exceptions being TWM and Jake, who I trust are town assuming we buried the correct bodies. Chairs doesn't rub off on me much better. He seems a little townies than RR, but he's also like twice his age which makes it really tough since that means Chairs has lied twice as much in his lifetime.

Posting now because there's no more to say since he just got lynched

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 23, 2017, 01:23:13 pm »

I'm a little concerned that DatSwan trusted my idea so fully when he suspected me of being scum. If you think I'm town, I'd like to think my post was convincing. If you don't, then it probably shouldn't have been....
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 20 queries.