Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148016 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1125 on: August 23, 2017, 01:59:09 am »

Deadline is in 21 hours. People should state whether or not they will be around before that.
I'll be there until up to 2 hours to deadline, can't promise after that.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 23, 2017, 02:00:37 am »

And speaking of which: As much as I'd like to agree with faust's points and acknowledge DatSwan's interesting comments, the fact remains. If DatSwan is indeed scum, then WHY THE HELL WOULD HE CLAIM VT HALFWAY THROUGH DAY 2? Like, it doesn't make any sense!
The thing is:

If DatSwan is indeed town, then WHY THE HELL WOULD HE CLAIM VT HALFWAY THROUGH DAY 2? Like, it doesn't make any sense!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 23, 2017, 02:01:48 am »

Can I make a request that we don't Lynch until like 30 mins before deadline? I'll be sleeping late a little and I don't want to miss it this time.
That's awful and asks for us to scramble for a lynch without providing sufficient time for claiming.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 23, 2017, 02:06:46 am »

And frankly, Galzria: huntig for 1 scum in a set of 3 has worse odds then hunting for 3 scum in a set of 7.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 23, 2017, 02:08:17 am »

If I believe Skumpy (If he's scum, scum wins) and Faust to be town (or him to believe so of me): The game started with 10 town, 3 scum. Teproc is town and not voting above. Do you believe 8 of the 9 entire remaining town comprise the entirety of the Robz/Jake wagon above? That's a hell of a consensus for town D1.
Well, yes. If scum lurks or is VLA, town is going to push wagons. That is what I think happened.

The only notable addition is Roadrunner, but now there are 11 voters so there MUST be at least one scum voting. If Faust is town, I think it's highly improbable that all 8 players in the first count were town. This leaves possible scum in {Raptor, Chairs}. With the same assumption regarding Faust in the bottom vote, there IS at least one scum in {Raptor, Chairs, RR} - and unless you believe that BOTH {Andrew, DatSwan} are scum,  then it means that there's probably 2 scum in {Raptor, Chairs, RR}, and at least one in {Raptor, Chairs}.

That logic for Faust should be exactly the same if he believes I'm town. For everybody not!Faust/Galzria, it's obviously a little different. But still worth looking at.

As an expanded note: If I am unsure on Faust, I still have one scum in {Raptor, Chairs, RR, Faust} guaranteed, with 2 likely (unless DatSwan and Andrew are both scum).

Based on ALL of that (much of which is, I admit, a rehash of thoughts from before), I would still be happiest lynching Chairs, but could do Raptor or RR about equally.

Gonna look through D2 counts later today.

I think one scum in Xx, chairs, RR is... a pretty safe assumption to make? I mean that's probably correct, but it would be probably correct regardless of votecounts because having at least one scum in a set of 3 has a pretty high likelihood right now. I do not think there is any inherent reason why Andrew and DatSwan couldn't both be scum.

The thing is... the one "missing" townie from vote count 1.4 on those wagons is Jake himself. There is simply next to a 0% chance that 8 of 8 town were in totality on those 2 wagons with 0 scum aboard. Yes, technically it's possible - but it's just highly highly highly unlikely. We're talking D1 full town here.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 23, 2017, 02:09:06 am »

And frankly, Galzria: huntig for 1 scum in a set of 3 has worse odds then hunting for 3 scum in a set of 7.

1 in 2, and 2 in 4 is better.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 23, 2017, 02:17:07 am »

Yes, but not even by much, and that rests on a bunch of assumptions already.

Can you present a case on chairs other than votecounts?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 23, 2017, 02:26:31 am »

I'll pull everything in a bit, sure. But votes are huge. It's the loudest action one can make publicly. Tracking known town's votes against possible town's votes is invaluable. The chances above that all 8 comprised the total 8 that were possibly town is crazy slim, albeit yes, not impossible.

Mafia Record:

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 23, 2017, 02:31:56 am »

Can I make a request that we don't Lynch until like 30 mins before deadline? I'll be sleeping late a little and I don't want to miss it this time.
That's awful and asks for us to scramble for a lynch without providing sufficient time for claiming.

Not really... I'm just saying please don't lynch like 2 hours before deadline so I can be there for it.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 23, 2017, 02:32:48 am »

And speaking of which: As much as I'd like to agree with faust's points and acknowledge DatSwan's interesting comments, the fact remains. If DatSwan is indeed scum, then WHY THE HELL WOULD HE CLAIM VT HALFWAY THROUGH DAY 2? Like, it doesn't make any sense!
The thing is:

If DatSwan is indeed town, then WHY THE HELL WOULD HE CLAIM VT HALFWAY THROUGH DAY 2? Like, it doesn't make any sense!

Why the hell would Galz claim VT at the start of D2?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 23, 2017, 02:35:58 am »

The thing is:

I already explained my reasoning for doing this.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 23, 2017, 02:38:48 am »

Well first off... Vote Counts...
And then there is post frequency.
And then there are those pesky vote counts again...
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 23, 2017, 02:44:32 am »

Not really... I'm just saying please don't lynch like 2 hours before deadline so I can be there for it.
Well then I can't be there for it, so please do lynch 2 hours before deadline.

What I'm saying is we can't place too much weight in personal availability. We lynch when we lynch, articificial stretching or rushing is counterproductive.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 23, 2017, 02:45:55 am »

The thing is:

Galzria explained his reasoning, and while I disagree with it, doing the thing first is way less scummy than what DatSwan did, and DatSwan was never able to give any coherent reasoning.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 23, 2017, 02:47:21 am »

I'll pull everything in a bit, sure. But votes are huge. It's the loudest action one can make publicly. Tracking known town's votes against possible town's votes is invaluable. The chances above that all 8 comprised the total 8 that were possibly town is crazy slim, albeit yes, not impossible.
Well I disagree (shocker). Looking at votes without context can be a good place to start, but not more.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: August 23, 2017, 03:10:43 am »

The thing is:

Galzria explained his reasoning, and while I disagree with it, doing the thing first is way less scummy than what DatSwan did, and DatSwan was never able to give any coherent reasoning.

Don't make me go and pull the quote from earlier today on my phone man lol
something like " you all know each other, I don't. Me claiming was the best way I could think of to be able to help my team without getting myself lynched"

I would like to further that now.. I did not do it "lightly". I did consider the choice. I considered that hopefully my reasoning would be taken seriously without having my team mates (yeah i am still saying it like that) waste time on considering me as skum. Obv that did not work as the IC is against me at this point, so woops... but I can't go back.
I also considered the possibility that I would get lynched as coming off as "too straightforward". I decided to take advantage of that by making sure to go after those I believed to be skum without worry of what would happen to me because of how it would read if i go and when I flip VT (did it again).

real good. That’s how

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 23, 2017, 03:11:48 am »

The thing is:

Seriously? They're exactly the same amount of not-good/scummy!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 23, 2017, 03:12:55 am »

Or not-scummy, depending on how you feel about the whole thing. I happen to think Galz is scum and DatSwan is town, but not because of the claims.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: August 23, 2017, 03:15:19 am »

The thing is:

This reads a lot like someone trying to pile opinions with an opponent that has said they view them as skummy.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: August 23, 2017, 03:36:57 am »

The thing is:

Seriously? They're exactly the same amount of not-good/scummy!
They're the same amount of not-good. They're not the same amount of scummy.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 23, 2017, 03:38:53 am »

Or not-scummy, depending on how you feel about the whole thing. I happen to think Galz is scum and DatSwan is town, but not because of the claims.
Then why do you think DatSwan is town?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (N0!)
« Reply #1146 on: August 23, 2017, 03:47:52 am »

Vote Count 3.4

faust (2): AndrewisFTTW, DatSwan
DatSwan (3): faust, Teproc, chairs
chairs (2): Galzria, Skumpy
Not voting (2): Roadrunner7671, Xxraptorslayer96

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends August 23, at 3 pm FT.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 23, 2017, 04:00:42 am »

I don't think we should wait until 30 minutes before deadline to lynch. It's better if we get the lynch before, and Andrew and XXR should leaves their votes expecting the day to end before then... it seems to me that this is the case for Andrew already.

It's good to know that they will be there in case we need them to get a lynch through. But XXR should be voting right now, you don't get to wait for everyone else to nicely take position for you.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: August 23, 2017, 04:03:42 am »

Then why do you think DatSwan is town?

Well it has to do with how DatSwan was responding to Galz a while back, but it's partly based on my scum read on Galz so I guess that doesn't do much for you. Also yeah you're right about the claims not being the same amount of scummy. But I believe DatSwan's claim was a newbie mistake and I'm giving it a pass.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 23, 2017, 04:04:39 am »

Request prod on RR
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56  All

Page created in 2.696 seconds with 20 queries.