Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148193 times)

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1025 on: August 19, 2017, 03:02:46 am »

Same stuff as Jake, I suppose. Not a lot of specific comments about a lot of people, not really defending your actions and votes, like why you voted Robz for instance.

Unfortunately for you, 96 hours is a long long time without prior warning. Means you'll be back at what, 12 hours before deadline? I can tell there will be people here who will not be very forgiving of you. Specifically Teproc.

I would like right now to say that I DO NOT think XXR is skum at this point. My question previously was just based on the rest of the context. We should be careful about wagoning more on this just because of VLA.
Also - Townies - as of right now we are getting our asses kicked. The more time the better in the day. Let's communicate about votes but keep a close eye on counts.

I agree, lynching now is a bad idea (unless it's faust). But we can't just assume that he's town because he's gone; VLA hurts, and there isn't a lot of evidence supporting him.

I don't think he's currently being bussed, but I could be wrong obviously. Galz's statement to vote where Teproc does doesn't strike me particularly townie or scummy, but it's basically saying "Teproc, game's in your hands now". And while I sympathize and kinda want to do the same, Teproc's made some bad reads this game, in my opinion (mostly, making me his first target). I don't know about chairs - all he's done this game is wagon. People say he's an easy scum read typically, I don't know how I feel about him.

DatSwan, why do you think XX is town? Also, Galz said that because of his personality, he doesn't think he's scum. I don't know how well you know him, but does that sound right to you?
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 19, 2017, 03:11:45 am »

I said 'claim your role, I have evidence against you'. Which he instantly did. That's all the facts. The question is now, as you said before, "Why would he claim then and there?" Note he didn't claim in his first post like Galzria did on day 2. If you think he was going to claim early on just to clear me: first off, I don't care what you say, roleblocker is not the role that should be clearing people, especially with 3 scum alive. I didn't need or want clearing, I didn't get any votes day 2, and nobody suspected me except XX and apparently faust suddenly. I think he should have been more worried about keeping his own role hidden so he's not a target.

For the record, I suspect XX and faust are teamed together, and your lynch today could be correct, and if needed, I can switch to XX. I'm happy to unvote for now to keep options open, but my vote is hovering dangerously close to faust's head still.

Two very technical questions:

1) Does this count as an "unvote"?
2) If you have a vote on someone, can you simply "vote" (using correct format of course) for someone else? Or must you first "unvote".

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 19, 2017, 03:13:02 am »

nvm, ignore my noobishness.... i just tried something crazy and re-read the rules :P
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 19, 2017, 03:16:13 am »

I agree, lynching now is a bad idea (unless it's faust). But we can't just assume that he's town because he's gone; VLA hurts, and there isn't a lot of evidence supporting him.

I don't think he's currently being bussed, but I could be wrong obviously. Galz's statement to vote where Teproc does doesn't strike me particularly townie or scummy, but it's basically saying "Teproc, game's in your hands now". And while I sympathize and kinda want to do the same, Teproc's made some bad reads this game, in my opinion (mostly, making me his first target). I don't know about chairs - all he's done this game is wagon. People say he's an easy scum read typically, I don't know how I feel about him.

DatSwan, why do you think XX is town? Also, Galz said that because of his personality, he doesn't think he's scum. I don't know how well you know him, but does that sound right to you?

I don't know how to answer this. I trust that if Galz had an opinion and shared it then that means it is fine to do, but I would like some outside confirmation. I just mean I do not want to give IRL input in game if I am not supposed to.

Furthermore - looking for a IC opinion here - if it is in fact OK - should I give it?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 19, 2017, 04:03:33 am »

OK - officially here and ready to be helpful - had to do some re reading.. I don't want to post like ALLL reasoning because it would be a novel, but in a nutshell:

Town:
Teproc - IDK, call it a guy feeling :P
Me - As previously claimed.. VT

Null-Leaning-Towards-Town:
Galz - Being too helpful for me to say any sort of a lynch would be a good idea at this point.
XXR - My whole thing so far has been sitting back and observing based on the idea I would say something noobish or stupid that hurt my fellow townies (it has been made clear I need to switch this up, I get it). I just read the same noobish vibe here from XXR.
Andrew - Vote history and overall interaction.

Null-Leaning-Towards-Skum:
RoadRunner - Too quite. 1 out of 2 to lynch town twice.
Charis - Too quiet. 1 out of 2 to lynch town twice.
**Note - I am aware that Galz also voted Lynched Town twice, but we all saw the timestamps on that**
Skumpy - I am not saying Skum. But if I had to pick one of the new players to be the "coached mafia" it would be him.

Skum
Faust - Currently on me. Voted town lynch day 1. Was the only one voted Skumpy, who I believe to be coached skum, Day 2.

If Skumpy were to flip Town - Faust would move onto my "lean towards town list"
If Skumpy were to flip Skum - I would be looking right at Faust-RR-Chairs
If Chairs or RR were to flip Town - The other would move into my "for sure skum list"
If Faust were to flip Town - I would be confused, but I would be looking at RR-Chairs and then re-evaluate Skumpy.
If XXR flipped Skum - I would would be looking Faust-RR-Chairs
If Galz were to flip Skum - XXR would be Town IMO and Skumpy would have to go.

And as I am typing the rest of this out I realize it could all be changed based on who skum kills that night so I will just leave it be.

End of story - Chairs and RR have two lynches each under them. We should look more into that.
real good. That’s how

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 19, 2017, 04:57:52 am »

DatSwan, XXR, RR : if you're town, now is the time to panic and go "Oh no, town is going to lose because of me." Because that's what's happening. If it means you all agree that I'm wrong and faust is scum, so be it, maybe I am wrong. But you need to do more. You signed up to play this game, not to spectate me getting annoyed at Galzria./

I dropped the ball..

Same stuff as Jake, I suppose. Not a lot of specific comments about a lot of people, not really defending your actions and votes, like why you voted Robz for instance.

Unfortunately for you, 96 hours is a long long time without prior warning. Means you'll be back at what, 12 hours before deadline? I can tell there will be people here who will not be very forgiving of you. Specifically Teproc.
I hate to Blame experience for my no content vote on Robz D-1 but i guess he just didn't sit right with me compared to Jake.

Sorry for the Short notice of my absence. I will try to get online if possible. I understand how un-opportune the timing is..
Current feelings-
Teproc - town
Andrew - town
RR - town?
Datswan - town?
Galz -scum?
Chairs- Scum?
Skumpy- scum
Vote: Faust   -scum
I do not believe his claim. The only reason to lie would be scum right?

If I am still around for the Deadline, i will catch up on reads and re assess my vote. If I am not then Goodluck fellow town! We will need it. It was a great first game, thanks for having me.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 19, 2017, 04:59:25 am »

regardless of alignment I believe Faust is telling the truth.
So if there's no Doctor you would read me as town?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 19, 2017, 05:07:11 am »

I will not be able to do much posting today. Luckily, I agree with most that Teproc said (which I suppose is a first).

Galzria is continuing to act as though everyone would play the game the same way he does, when it's clearly untrue (see Teproc's response), so maybe that's not the best way to evaluate things...

I will be back tomorrow or Monday... just keep me alive until then, I at least want to line out how you can still win the game if you do end up lynching me.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 19, 2017, 05:21:29 am »

I wanted to say that my claim was mostly to give town the information that I am decently sure scum already has. It should be obvious that I didn't claim due to Skumpy's pressure because I already softclaimed (stating that Skumpy is town) before he ever did that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 19, 2017, 05:23:25 am »

And I still think Datswan is a better lynch than Xx.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: August 19, 2017, 02:14:26 pm »

I think it is time to play the numbers game, or at least think about it guys. Can we create like a LCD type of list of 3 to hang and see where we all stand?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 19, 2017, 02:22:45 pm »

Just from a helping perspective - does anyone agree with this? More importantly in the world where I flip skum (which I won't), what do we learn from that?
real good. That’s how

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 19, 2017, 02:27:40 pm »

I think Datswan's assessment of me having 2 lynches is really unfair, especially because they said something about timestps for Galz. I voted for Robz about 4 minutes before the deadline! Jake was bad and should be counted, sure, but it's not like I drove the Robz wagon or even did anything with it.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 19, 2017, 02:46:05 pm »

I would like right now to say that I DO NOT think XXR is skum at this point. My question previously was just based on the rest of the context. We should be careful about wagoning more on this just because of VLA.
Also - Townies - as of right now we are getting our asses kicked. The more time the better in the day. Let's communicate about votes but keep a close eye on counts.

Where did Galz say that? Because I think that would be super scummy if he did say that.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 19, 2017, 03:08:56 pm »

Just from a helping perspective - does anyone agree with this? More importantly in the world where I flip skum (which I won't), what do we learn from that?

As of right now, I don't, especially with XX gone. But maybe I can read back.

Where did Galz say that? Because I think that would be super scummy if he did say that.

#1007. If it's a mislynch today and Teproc and I are both still alive tomorrow, I'll let you know right now that I'll be doing the same thing as Galzria is.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 19, 2017, 03:56:40 pm »

What does that mean? You'll just be putting more pressure on the IC? First of all that's not cool. Second of all the IC has just as much if even less information than the rest of town. We know he's town but he doesn't know who else is. So that's why I think it's scummy to put him in that position.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 19, 2017, 04:00:37 pm »

I'll vote wherever you want each and every day, but I'll stand by it being a mistake to not lynch Faust

Yep. That's scummy alright. And especially since this whole game Galz has been acting the rebel and just doing things like randomly claiming seemingly to throw us off.

Please, let's lynch this dude.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 19, 2017, 05:12:29 pm »

^^^^ Awaclus 2.0
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 19, 2017, 05:30:55 pm »

^^^^ Awaclus 2.0

You've been anti-town the whole game, and now you're trying to appeal to the IC. I think if I were scum I'd be trying to hunt PRs instead of worrying about the IC for the first couple days which could partly explain why Teproc is still alive, but that's not really a discussion that needs to be had right now. In the meantime however, it would benefit scum to establish that blindly following the IC is not a bad idea, as evidenced by Skumpy's reaction to Galz's post, and thus that might endear the IC to scum and cause them to subsequently townread scum. That's just what it looks like to me right now.

Not sure what me scumhunting has to do with Awaclus or what Awaclus has to do with this game or even why you feel like this is the best way you can help lynch scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 19, 2017, 06:31:50 pm »

^^^^ Awaclus 2.0

You've been anti-town the whole game, and now you're trying to appeal to the IC. I think if I were scum I'd be trying to hunt PRs instead of worrying about the IC for the first couple days which could partly explain why Teproc is still alive, but that's not really a discussion that needs to be had right now. In the meantime however, it would benefit scum to establish that blindly following the IC is not a bad idea, as evidenced by Skumpy's reaction to Galz's post, and thus that might endear the IC to scum and cause them to subsequently townread scum. That's just what it looks like to me right now.

Not sure what me scumhunting has to do with Awaclus or what Awaclus has to do with this game or even why you feel like this is the best way you can help lynch scum.

I've already given a crap ton more analysis than almost any other person in this game. Trying to paint me as doing otherwise is about as disingenuous as you could get. I've been actively scum hunting every single day, with multiple points of view and analysis taken into account before and after every turn. What's anti-town (Hi, Awaclus), is tunneling so hard you're blinded to any amount of reason. The fact is Skumpy and I both have made our cases and reads clear at this point. I've been "appealing to the IC" because him and Skumpy are the only two actively engaging in this game and I KNOW he's town. Teproc disagrees with the cases though. Fine. He has every right. If my lynch choice won't be the lynch then I might as well sheep the IC, as all our other reads like up.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 19, 2017, 06:58:25 pm »

^^^^ Awaclus 2.0

I've already given a crap ton more analysis than almost any other person in this game. Trying to paint me as doing otherwise is about as disingenuous as you could get. I've been actively scum hunting every single day, with multiple points of view and analysis taken into account before and after every turn. What's anti-town (Hi, Awaclus), is tunneling so hard you're blinded to any amount of reason. The fact is Skumpy and I both have made our cases and reads clear at this point. I've been "appealing to the IC" because him and Skumpy are the only two actively engaging in this game and I KNOW he's town. Teproc disagrees with the cases though. Fine. He has every right. If my lynch choice won't be the lynch then I might as well sheep the IC, as all our other reads like up.

I never said you weren't posting a ton of analysis and I'm not trying to paint you as not involved. Being involved and posting a lot is not the question here, otherwise we would just be lynching lurkers every game. What I'm trying to say is I think you've been anti-town despite the volume of posts from you and I think if we lynch you you'll flip scum. Call it tunneling if you want, but me pointing out the scummy things you do and pushing for your lynch is not anti-town. Also, no, you, Teproc and Skumpy are NOT the only people who are contributing. Just because you happen to post more than other people doesn't mean other people are not engaged and it certainly doesn't mean we shouldn't lynch you.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 20, 2017, 03:16:28 am »

^^^^ Awaclus 2.0

I never said you weren't posting a ton of analysis and I'm not trying to paint you as not involved. Being involved and posting a lot is not the question here, otherwise we would just be lynching lurkers every game. What I'm trying to say is I think you've been anti-town despite the volume of posts from you and I think if we lynch you you'll flip scum. Call it tunneling if you want, but me pointing out the scummy things you do and pushing for your lynch is not anti-town. Also, no, you, Teproc and Skumpy are NOT the only people who are contributing. Just because you happen to post more than other people doesn't mean other people are not engaged and it certainly doesn't mean we shouldn't lynch you.

...well I mean... we probably should refrain from lynching Teproc :P
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 20, 2017, 03:24:40 am »

^^^^ Awaclus 2.0

Not to like whatever butt-in... but I would like to point out that this entire game I have heard like literally everyone at some point in time say the phrase "... oh but Galz can do whatever he wants bc he is good and etc.".
Not arguing with that. I just want it to be known I think everyone should completely disregard the fact that he has "contributed" more than everyone. As by the same logic it means nothing bc he could be doing anything at any time for any reason.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 20, 2017, 03:28:39 am »

What does that mean? You'll just be putting more pressure on the IC? First of all that's not cool. Second of all the IC has just as much if even less information than the rest of town. We know he's town but he doesn't know who else is. So that's why I think it's scummy to put him in that position.

Stop sticking up for IC. He obv doesn't need you to do it. Some of us want to get his opinion. He knows he doesn't need to give anything. There isn't anything "not cool" about putting pressure on him. He is a player just like everyone else. As Town his opinion is exponentially more valuable than our own when helping make a choice as he has 1) no reason to lie and 2) less information than everyone else.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 20, 2017, 03:33:49 am »

regardless of alignment I believe Faust is telling the truth.
So if there's no Doctor you would read me as town?

answer to this?
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56  All

Page created in 1.48 seconds with 20 queries.