Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148094 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D3)
« Reply #925 on: August 17, 2017, 12:55:47 pm »

I'm gonna go reassess TWM and Jake to try and get a better grasp on them.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do that, but you are aware that they are both dead, right ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 17, 2017, 01:00:38 pm »

faust-"Roleblocker"
DatSwan
Roadrunner7671
AndrewisFTTW
chairs
Skumpy
Galzria
Teproc-"IC"
Raptor

9 Alive, 5 to lynch , 3 scum. One IC. One PR claim.

Raptor, Datswan, chairs and Andrew all fall into the 'flying under the radar' category for me. Since it's not lylo, I could lynch from here.

Galz and Skumpy both had their VT claims. Galz was townie but has progressively been getting more scummy, Skumpy I'm not sure about.

That leaves faust and Teproc. Faust still being here D3 is a little unnerving and suggests (to me) that the scum team has to have some newbies.

This is a problem. The only person I really had a townread on was TWM, so the paranoia stage of mafia is starting to set in.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 17, 2017, 01:01:10 pm »

I'm gonna go reassess TWM and Jake to try and get a better grasp on them.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do that, but you are aware that they are both dead, right ?
Why are they dead? Who helped kill them the most? Who wanted them dead? Those are the things that would be cool to know.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 17, 2017, 01:03:26 pm »

I haven't claimed anything yet. That was DatSwan you're thinking of.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 17, 2017, 02:26:07 pm »

I haven't claimed anything yet. That was DatSwan you're thinking of.
Oh, right. You've just been scum read for some reason or another by most people at some point in time.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: August 17, 2017, 03:01:00 pm »

There's a 75% chance scum has a roleblocker, and I very much think that if he's scum, he (or somebody) did in fact roleblock me as he said.
No, there is a 50% chance. Plus, assuming mod 3 isn't active, we can rule out this possibility once we massclaim, so knowing whether you can confirm the blocking would indeed be helpful.

XX has still not express how he feels about your claim. I'm waiting on that. If he wants questions, I'll give him some:

1) So what happened to the Skummy Skumpy read?
2) Why faust and Chairs? They were nowhere to be seen on your radar before.
3) What do you make of the three claims so far (Galz, DatSwan, faust)
4) How do you think mainstream media has affected the music industry?
5) Why did you not want to vote Jake yesterday?
6) If you had to choose 1 and only 1 person to die right now, who would it be and why?

Question for everybody, be honest: On a scale from 1-7, where am I on your skum reads?

1) After/during D1 you dropped on my radar because of what I believe was your original in post; you said something about you being strange and talking too much. My reason for looking at you was you talked to much and seemed to ask to many questions. I STILL thing that there is a strong chance that you are Scum, but you are not top lynch for me. I can go quote the post that changed my mind if you would like.
2) Faust is on my radar because i don't really like his claim. More then anything i guess i didn't understand it. And for Chairs I guess he is just seems Off. I cant put a real reason behind it other then, he just comes off as scummy to me. and after rereading him, its just a me thing.
3) I can see it being a thing.. Galz and Datswan seem to play off of each other in the sense pick-on each other alot. (to hide association??) If these two are tied together i think Faust is. If they are not then the no connection between the three
4) the Mainstream Media has played a roll in the sense that it has pushed those who lean to the right further right and those to the left further left. I think that can be reflected the the music. Depending on the genre of music that you listen too, you are able to see an artist Views through there music. Then there is music that is complete trash and has no real world connection. 
5) I believe that you are referring to me not voting D2 and not the way i cast my vote D1. So I didn't not want to vote him. (sorry for the double-negative). I just was giving him the Benefit of doubt the I guess. If the day was coming to a close i would of had no problem voting him. I also wasn't not online 12 hour prior to the lynch.
6) Only had the choice of one kill it would probably be Galz. I think that his flip would be the most reviling.

Feel free to ask follow-ups!

To me you are a 5 on a 1-7 scale. This is also a strange number to use for a scale because its prime.

PPE

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 17, 2017, 03:38:31 pm »

3) was, I assume, about the claims individually, not about a hypothetical Galz/DatSwan/faust scumteam.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 17, 2017, 03:55:17 pm »

3) was, I assume, about the claims individually, not about a hypothetical Galz/DatSwan/faust scumteam.

Agreed, but lol on raptor's reaction that it was a question about them being a team.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D2)
« Reply #933 on: August 17, 2017, 06:20:21 pm »

- Is TWM Scum? No? Is faust? Then the entire scum team was voting Robz! Man, this gets easier and easier!

Vote Count 1.final:

Robz888 (7): Galzria, chairs, Xxraptorslayer96, Skumpy, gkrieg13, Roadrunner7671, Teproc
JaketheBaseballGod22 (3): faust, Robz888, The_Wine_Merchant
Skumpy (1): JaketheBaseballGod22

TBF... I was VLA
Not voting (2): DatSwan, AndrewisFTTW
That's a good point actually. vote: DatSwan
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 17, 2017, 06:34:36 pm »

XX, so you know, I picked 7 to refer the number of unknown players (not counting general-you and Teproc). There actually is some method to my madness.

Your answer for 4 is kind of scummy - you're acknowledging that there are divisions in this world that are getting deeper which corresponds very well to the nature of mafia. But I'll let it slide for now. As others have mentioned, not exactly the answer I was hoping for 3. But now that they've mentioned it, I want to Expand a little...

Faust has claimed roleblocker (mod 2). He has explained his reasoning, and I doubt he has any more to add to his thoughts. But yet, other than me and probably Galzria, NOBODY has said if they believe him. Andrew said it was 'effing bad to claim'; that's not saying if you believe it or not. So to EVERYBODY HERE (save faust and Teproc): On a scale from 1 to 5, do you believe faust? If you do not answer this question in your next post, I will be very, very tempted to vote you.

1 = Psssht, what a scumball liar!
2 = I dunno faust, that's a little doubtful. I kinda wanna vote you.
3 = Cross of Elephant + Rhino = Elefino. I'm too scared to be wrong to answer the question.
4 = Sure, I'll take his word for it, I guess.
5 = OK guys, he's clear. Let's promote him to Deputy.

I'll go first: 1

Again, I've had some more thoughts with respect to his claim and reasoning, but I still want to everybody to take a stand on how they feel about faust first. #NewbieTakeover (that felt awful to type, but necessary)

He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 17, 2017, 06:59:29 pm »

Still waiting for RR and XXraptor to post content (not an accusation, you didn't have time that's fine but I'm still waiting), and for DatSwan to answer my question.

Ok sorry finally have time to do this...

To answer your question about Faust's claim in a nutshell I would say that it did not change my opinion about him all that much...

I had a null-leaning towards skummy feeling on him to start with, and after a PR claim when scum is throwing perfect to start D3 seems like a straightforward scum play.
More importantly (and sorry this is PPE because I have been reading from recent to last), I know you said to ignore the skumpy scum idea for now, but I have to mention that if they were teamed, the "Skumpy I blocked you" claim is a fairly good idea. Who can argue with it? It also does not help us create any progress as town as we analyze something that is just creating confusion.

I know that seems like paranoia - and I know you asked to drop the skumpy thing - so original point... I thought he was null/skummy to start, then he claimed this, now I feel he is more on the skummy side.

Feel free to ask specific questions. I had some IRL stuff going on all day yesterday and up to recent but I will be around for now.

vote: faust
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 17, 2017, 07:04:09 pm »

To clarify:
I didn't lynch Jake.
faust said I was town.
faust said Galzria/DatSwan/Jake was the team (not me)
So he roleblocks me and not Galzria or DatSwan, obviously.
Then he accepts that 'Unfortunately, I'm town', which somehow my voting him and him roleblocking me makes clear to him.

OK only interested in the bottom part. What am I missing - how would the Roleblocker KNOW there is a Flavor Cop?

Look: If I roleblock a scummy player, it's no use, because even if they are scum, they won't perform the kill. I had you on the townie side, but the last couple of posts were scummish and I thought that you have sufficient townreads that if you are scum, you would perform the kill. I blocked you and we had a kill, so there's that.

But if you're a roleblocker, you know there's a flavor cop. So try to block him. And I thought roleblockling doesn't stop kills?
real good. That’s how

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 17, 2017, 07:09:35 pm »

Gotta go with a 2 here.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 17, 2017, 07:12:20 pm »

To Datswan's point about the team:

I'd expect there's been some scum self-accusationing happening by now, I just don't know yet who's done it. I don't have any fantastic counters to a Skumpy/faust team, but here's my best one: I'm a newbie, he's a veteran. If I was teamed with him, I would offer to be the fall guy to give him townie cred. I don't know him well, but I highly doubt he'd sacrifice himself when he doesn't know me well and doesn't trust me to take care of business, unless the third member was Galzria or something. He's also been at the top of my suspect list since Night 1 when I caught his slip, but people were more interested in lynching jake.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 17, 2017, 07:18:51 pm »

Just realized DatSwan quote-failed.

To clarify:
I didn't lynch Jake.
faust said I was town.
Then he accepts that 'Unfortunately, I'm town', which somehow my voting him and him roleblocking me makes clear to him.

OK only interested in the bottom part. What am I missing - how would the Roleblocker KNOW there is a Flavor Cop?

Look: If I roleblock a scummy player, it's no use, because even if they are scum, they won't perform the kill. I had you on the townie side, but the last couple of posts were scummish and I thought that you have sufficient townreads that if you are scum, you would perform the kill. I blocked you and we had a kill, so there's that.

But if you're a roleblocker, you know there's a flavor cop. So try to block him. And I thought roleblockling doesn't stop kills?

I assume the question in the middle is yours. Answer: If faust is indeed telling the truth and is a town Roleblocker, than mod 2 is on (in the setup). If mod 2 is on, then scum has a Flavor Cop, and faust would know.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 17, 2017, 08:56:24 pm »

Anyone - Andrew reads?
real good. That’s how

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 17, 2017, 09:42:59 pm »

A 2 is where I am too, I guess. Maybe a 2.5.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 17, 2017, 10:21:25 pm »

XX, so you know, I picked 7 to refer the number of unknown players (not counting general-you and Teproc). There actually is some method to my madness.

Your answer for 4 is kind of scummy - you're acknowledging that there are divisions in this world that are getting deeper which corresponds very well to the nature of mafia. But I'll let it slide for now. As others have mentioned, not exactly the answer I was hoping for 3. But now that they've mentioned it, I want to Expand a little...

Faust has claimed roleblocker (mod 2). He has explained his reasoning, and I doubt he has any more to add to his thoughts. But yet, other than me and probably Galzria, NOBODY has said if they believe him. Andrew said it was 'effing bad to claim'; that's not saying if you believe it or not. So to EVERYBODY HERE (save faust and Teproc): On a scale from 1 to 5, do you believe faust? If you do not answer this question in your next post, I will be very, very tempted to vote you.

1 = Psssht, what a scumball liar!
2 = I dunno faust, that's a little doubtful. I kinda wanna vote you.
3 = Cross of Elephant + Rhino = Elefino. I'm too scared to be wrong to answer the question.
4 = Sure, I'll take his word for it, I guess.
5 = OK guys, he's clear. Let's promote him to Deputy.

I'll go first: 1

Again, I've had some more thoughts with respect to his claim and reasoning, but I still want to everybody to take a stand on how they feel about faust first. #NewbieTakeover (that felt awful to type, but necessary)

Okay that makes sense then.

re 4) Please tell me how you would answer that? Do you think that the Mainstream Media doesn't affect Music culture or it affects it in a positive manner. Ignorance is bliss?

sorry for misunderstanding 3. i had just misread it. I'm not sure how to interpret the Claims. I dont have any previous games to compare it to, so i cant say if it was very early or not. I think it was Strange that DatSwan and Galz claimed VT so early unprovoked or even questioned. I think Galz is more scummy for it, he is experianced and should know better if it was early. Swan may have done it because he thought it was What you are supposed to do? But as for Faust Im about a 1.5 as to his claims.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 18, 2017, 01:20:13 am »

Anyone - Andrew reads?

I said town early. I don't think I'm quite as willing to stand by that as I once was, but even if I go back and take time to try to read him (which I'm not gonna do right now) and find him even more scummy, he's not gonna be my top suspect today. It'd be nice if scum kills him tonight to satisfy my inertia for reading him.

re 4) Please tell me how you would answer that? Do you think that the Mainstream Media doesn't affect Music culture or it affects it in a positive manner. Ignorance is bliss?

I think I phrased the question really badly, but I can't blame you for that. The answer I would've given to the question I was trying to ask would be something like: the age of technology has dulled the senses of the proletariat and significantly reduced the attention spans of the millennial. Now, there is more trash being thrown together by the big corporations to feed the hungry mouths and they're harder at work than ever to not give the people what they want, but tell the people what they want. I would actually argue that this music has become less political than it once was, though as you mentioned, there are plenty of artists and genres who still devote their music to their beliefs. In fairness, I think the end of the Cold War has also contributed to the fall of valuable and meaningful lyricism and songwriting. It'll be interesting to see how the Trump presidency influences the songwriters of today; I do think the left vs right schism will become more apparent, as you said.

So now the game is Jeopardy and you have to tell me what the original question was, because i definitely did not state it correctly.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 18, 2017, 02:31:44 am »

I had a null-leaning towards skummy feeling on him to start with
Why?

and after a PR claim when scum is throwing perfect to start D3 seems like a straightforward scum play.
Why?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: August 18, 2017, 02:34:26 am »

The way I see it, the scumsters are joining the wagon here (or express willingness to) after it has been cleared as "safe" by townies. What does scum!me even gain from this claim? It's the scummiest fakeclaim available.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 18, 2017, 02:39:08 am »

DatSwan, you need to improve your quoting skills ;) I assume you meant to post this:

To clarify:
I didn't lynch Jake.
faust said I was town.

Look at the setup. The only time we have a town Roleblocker is Modification 2. Mod 2 also adds a Flavor Cop. Thus, I know there is a Flavor Cop.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (N0!)
« Reply #947 on: August 18, 2017, 04:21:00 am »

Vote Count 3.1

faust (3): Skumpy, Galzria, DatSwan
Galzria (1): AndrewisFTTW
DatSwan (1): faust
Not voting (4): Xxraptorslayer96, Roadrunner7671, chairs, Teproc

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends August 23, at 3 pm FT.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 18, 2017, 04:40:08 am »

So, Skumpy, Galzria, DatSwan are voting for me, Xx, RR, chairs, Andrew signaled they don't believe me... so everyone is willing to lynch me except maybe Teproc? Sound familiar?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 18, 2017, 04:41:16 am »

So, Skumpy, Galzria, DatSwan are voting for me, Xx, RR, chairs, Andrew signaled they don't believe me... so everyone is willing to lynch me except maybe Teproc? Sound familiar?

Would you be cool with lynching Galz?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 56  All

Page created in 2.035 seconds with 20 queries.