Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148186 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D3)
« Reply #900 on: August 16, 2017, 11:15:06 pm »

Sorry I woke up late :P

IDK what I am supposed to like say at this point in the game. My main read has now recently switched, which is Galz. I no longer currently am sitting on him as skum.

I am going to be a little short on post for the rest of this IRL day because I am taking the IC advice and re reading D2 as if Jake was Town. Mainly because I was SO SURE he was skum I didn't even bother targeting him, so now I do not know what I missed.

Xx and Chairs need to speak up a bit. I can't speak for Chairs but my read on Xx to this point is if you ask him a direct question he will answer.

PPE

Also a note - this day is starting with Faust the same way D2 was starting with Jake. Don't know what that means, just kind of pointing it out since I have to acknowledged my Jake read was wrong.

Started to post more today but Teproc asked me to hold off on my thoughts for the moment.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 17, 2017, 02:24:39 am »

There's a 75% chance scum has a roleblocker, and I very much think that if he's scum, he (or somebody) did in fact roleblock me as he said.
No, there is a 50% chance. Plus, assuming mod 3 isn't active, we can rule out this possibility once we massclaim, so knowing whether you can confirm the blocking would indeed be helpful.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 17, 2017, 02:26:56 am »

Assuming faust is telling the truth [...] if we lynch faust we do.
Small tip: assuming I am telling the truth, you shouldn't lynch me.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 17, 2017, 02:43:06 am »

Oh boy, Galzria comes in to disagree with everything I said.

Look: If I roleblock a scummy player, it's no use, because even if they are scum, they won't perform the kill.

This doesn't follow. First off, if you target and hit a scum player, you have a 33% chance to block the kill. Secondly, there are 3 scum. 2 of them could have actively useful scum!PR's (The third could still have one as well if there is a Universal Backup, but then they would be a Cop Enabler, which I don't know how that interacts with being Roleblocked). Assuming you want to stop Scum from using their PR's (not town)... why would you not block a scum read again? Not to mention....  if you blocked the scum doing the kill you would stop the kill. Why would you EVER not target a top scum read with Roleblocker?
I mean I could block another scum role, yes. But I won't know that; it does very little in terms of information. On the other hand, a blocked nightkill will show and will be super useful going forward. It should be obvious the blocking the kil >>>> blocking another scum power. And of course "I have a 33% chance to block the kill" is pretty nonsensical. Scum knows there is a roleblocker and will act accordingly and not let scummy players perform the kill.

Here you suggest that in the last few posts from D2 you thought Skumpy was getting scummier. I don't recall you mentioning anything to this effect D2 - but if I'm wrong, please point me to your posts.
Well some of it is OMGUS. But looking at Jake's flip, trying hard to avoid that wagon is kinda scummy.

How does your blocking him, and him (if scum) not taking the shot last night suddenly mean "Unfortunately, you are town". You gained no such information from your claimed action. All your claimed action tells you is that Skumpy, regardless of alignment, did nothing last night.
I already explained. Skumpy is a likely pick for night kill performing. Is that certain? No. Almost no results are. But it's good enough for me to exclude him from any lynchings today.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 17, 2017, 02:46:05 am »

What do I think of faust's claim? I think people should stop randomly claiming for no effing reason. If Galz and faust turn out to be town, then their claims combined with Jake's ridiculously bad self-vote are very bad for town. I happen to still think Galz is scum though.
From my perspective, scum already knows a good deal about the setup since they had two Flavor Cop shots to use. I think a mass claim would not hurt at this point.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 17, 2017, 02:48:00 am »

There's a 75% chance scum has a roleblocker, and I very much think that if he's scum, he (or somebody) did in fact roleblock me as he said.
No, there is a 50% chance. Plus, assuming mod 3 isn't active, we can rule out this possibility once we massclaim, so knowing whether you can confirm the blocking would indeed be helpful.

First sentence: Yes, I now get that I was wrong after Terpoc explained what Rolestopping is.

Teproc's right by the way: I got very impatient during night 2 and was way too eager to post, and I let my feelings slip far more than I should've. I should've held more back, and given the quieter players a chance to speak up without my thoughts influencing any potential scum there. That's why I don't really want to address any of your second sentence just yet (and there's a lot in those 27 words that are very telling).

Andrew has said how he feels. While I'm not going to dismiss the possibility of a faust/Galzria team (with 3 newbies, it's a great opportunity to try a master con), what he said in his posts doesn't really explain why he voted Galzria over faust.

RR has still not expressed how he feels about your claim. I'm waiting on that.

DatSwan has still not expressed how he feels about your claim. I'm waiting on that. Apparently, he had a scum read on Jake day 2 which he never told us about as far I can remember, meaning that literally all 13 players except Teproc were willing to vote Jake. That would've been good to know yesterday.

XX has still not express how he feels about your claim. I'm waiting on that. If he wants questions, I'll give him some:

1) So what happened to the Skummy Skumpy read?
2) Why faust and Chairs? They were nowhere to be seen on your radar before.
3) What do you make of the three claims so far (Galz, DatSwan, faust)
4) How do you think mainstream media has affected the music industry?
5) Why did you not want to vote Jake yesterday?
6) If you had to choose 1 and only 1 person to die right now, who would it be and why?

Question for everybody, be honest: On a scale from 1-7, where am I on your skum reads?

He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D2)
« Reply #906 on: August 17, 2017, 02:52:22 am »

- Is TWM Scum? No? Is faust? Then the entire scum team was voting Robz! Man, this gets easier and easier!

Vote Count 1.final:

Robz888 (7): Galzria, chairs, Xxraptorslayer96, Skumpy, gkrieg13, Roadrunner7671, Teproc
JaketheBaseballGod22 (3): faust, Robz888, The_Wine_Merchant
Skumpy (1): JaketheBaseballGod22

Not voting (2): DatSwan, AndrewisFTTW
That's a good point actually. vote: DatSwan

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 17, 2017, 03:16:06 am »

Still waiting for RR and XXraptor to post content (not an accusation, you didn't have time that's fine but I'm still waiting), and for DatSwan to answer my question.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 17, 2017, 03:17:07 am »

- Is TWM Scum? No? Is faust? Then the entire scum team was voting Robz! Man, this gets easier and easier!

Vote Count 1.final:

Robz888 (7): Galzria, chairs, Xxraptorslayer96, Skumpy, gkrieg13, Roadrunner7671, Teproc

So essentially you've given up scumhunting. Ok.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 17, 2017, 03:19:15 am »

Vote Count 1.final:

You can be a real pain, you know that, right?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 17, 2017, 03:22:08 am »

Still waiting for RR and XXraptor to post content (not an accusation, you didn't have time that's fine but I'm still waiting), and for DatSwan to answer my question.

That being said, people (Galz, chairs etc.) can feel free to post, can't wait forever.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 17, 2017, 03:25:13 am »

Vote Count 1.final:

It's also literally my own post that you misquoted that he hated on yesterday from me but loves from you. Just fyi.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 17, 2017, 03:25:54 am »

Vote Count 1.final:

You can be a real pain, you know that, right?

Not trying to be a pain. It just looks like you've abandoned rereading and analyzing things in favor of Galz's master plan. The plan that you soundly criticized if I remember correctly.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 17, 2017, 03:26:28 am »

I'll say this so we can immediately move on: I'm not actually interested in people's read on Skumpy, because we won't be lynching him today. I'm guessing this will not be controversial, so let's not spend time thinking about it and free Skumpy of the burden of having to worry about what people think of him.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 17, 2017, 03:27:37 am »

Skumpy's other game-related questions are pretty good though, for the DatSwan/RR/XXRaptor of the world. You've certainly already answered some of them, but clarity is always welcome.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: August 17, 2017, 03:37:45 am »

Vote Count 1.final:

It's also literally my own post that you misquoted that he hated on yesterday from me but loves from you. Just fyi.
Well, yesterday Jake's alignment was still unknown, so obviously this wasn't all that great.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 17, 2017, 03:39:46 am »

Not trying to be a pain. It just looks like you've abandoned rereading and analyzing things in favor of Galz's master plan. The plan that you soundly criticized if I remember correctly.

Looks can be deceiving. I have townreads on a lot of people. Skumpy and chairs the strongest, chairs and Galzria to some extent. Since I don't have strong scum reads, I think scum is lurking. I wouldn't exactly be surprised by a DatSwan/Xx/RR team, though I expect one of my town reads to be false.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 17, 2017, 03:40:30 am »

*that should be Andrew and Galzria in the second batch.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 17, 2017, 03:42:51 am »

I'll say this so we can immediately move on: I'm not actually interested in people's read on Skumpy, because we won't be lynching him today. I'm guessing this will not be controversial, so let's not spend time thinking about it and free Skumpy of the burden of having to worry about what people think of him.

Yay, I've made top 8 then! The goal is to be the last person standing correct? I was under the impression we were playing a free-for-all.

That being said, people (Galz, chairs etc.) can feel free to post, can't wait forever.

Well, I am going to keep quiet for a little while, if you don't mind. I need to practice my hush-hush tactics. But I've been working on my narrative against faust, I've got one argument that makes a lot of sense, which I will reveal when ordered to by Teproc or when the triumvirate of taciturnity speaks up more, whichever comes first.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 17, 2017, 09:44:06 am »

Definitely if we lynch faust we do.

Definitely ? How so ?

So I wanted to answer this earlier but held off, but I think we've exhausted the "holding off" reasonableness.

If we lynch faust and he is Town:
Knowing who he RB'd N1 gives us one more "could not have committed the kill on that Night" read, which is a -slight- Town bump for that player. We'd also want full reads.

If we lynch faust and he is Scum:
Knowing who he claims to RB N1 gives us more information, even if he tries to WIFOM us with it. We'd still also want full reads.

tl;dr if we believe faust is Town, or if we believe faust is scum, we EITHER WAY want as much information from him as possible before we lynch him (if we are going to do so).

If we believe faust is Town, of course, we probably should just, you know, not lynch him (as he suggested).

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 17, 2017, 09:45:42 am »

If we believe faust is Town and therefore aren't lynching him then the question becomes should he claim who he RB'd N1 - I think after having had time to think on it that the answer is yes, at least before D3 is out - what if he gets NK'd? That's information Town could use to shape reads that we're missing out on, if he doesn't.

Similarly we should all probably provide -at least- a scum to chum before the Day is out.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 17, 2017, 10:10:45 am »

Not sure why we are debating me not claiming my N1 target, that seems stupid.

I targeted Galzria N1. You can see my suspicion of his VT claim - I thought he might be a Flavor Cop knowing that he was blocked and didn't want to have to give me any towncred, or wanted to prevent being blocked again or something. It's still an okay theory, but on second thought it's not as big a deal and there are a number of PR claim option that would not know they have been blocked.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 17, 2017, 12:08:06 pm »

Not sure why we are debating me not claiming my N1 target, that seems stupid.

I targeted Galzria N1. You can see my suspicion of his VT claim - I thought he might be a Flavor Cop knowing that he was blocked and didn't want to have to give me any towncred, or wanted to prevent being blocked again or something. It's still an okay theory, but on second thought it's not as big a deal and there are a number of PR claim option that would not know they have been blocked.

That makes sense.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 17, 2017, 12:52:46 pm »

I'm gonna go reassess TWM and Jake to try and get a better grasp on them.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 17, 2017, 12:55:25 pm »

I'm gonna go reassess TWM and Jake to try and get a better grasp on them.
Actually, this'll have to wait.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 56  All

Page created in 1.962 seconds with 20 queries.