Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148162 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D3)
« Reply #850 on: August 16, 2017, 03:07:09 pm »

No surprises there.

Vote: Faust

No surprises indeed. Unfortunately, you are town.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 16, 2017, 03:41:07 pm »

No surprises there.

That's very kind of you to say. It doesn't really convince me about anything, but kind nonetheless. In the meantime, I would suggest claiming your role before I present more evidence against you.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 16, 2017, 03:42:57 pm »

Sorry, I should apologize for my behavior, I get aggressive when I'm excited  :D :D :D and when i'm out to avenge a fallen comrade  >:( >:( >:(
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 16, 2017, 03:43:47 pm »

Lining up lynches is always a great idea. Worked great on day 2 ! Let's all take some time and look at day 2 with the knowledge that Jake was town, please.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 16, 2017, 03:44:38 pm »

No surprises there.

That's very kind of you to say. It doesn't really convince me about anything, but kind nonetheless. In the meantime, I would suggest claiming your role before I present more evidence against you.
Yes sure. I am a Roleblocker and blocked you tonight.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: August 16, 2017, 04:02:11 pm »

Lining up lynches is always a great idea. Worked great on day 2 ! Let's all take some time and look at day 2 with the knowledge that Jake was town, please.

Which I already did yesterday

New/Old thought which I've probably said but want to emphasize. I have not done much reading back through day 2 to try and support said idea but:

Vote: faust

I am almost absolutely convinced there's 1 scum among Jake and Faust. I would really like one dead today, and if they're town, the other dead tomorrow (Is that too psychopathic?)

If Faust is scum, then there was scum on the Jake wagon yesterday, which helps explain why it wasn't finished: they were already there.

No surprises there.

Yes sure. I am a Roleblocker and blocked you tonight.

Well that sure makes sense

Skumpy, Andrew, chairs are all townie, in descending order.

I said 'Hey! I don't think we should lynch Jake!' Then you lynched him. Then you roleblocked me (or so you claim, but I'd be very surprised if you didn't). Then you acknowledged I'm town today after never saying a word against me the whole game and leaving me off your guessed team of Galzria/DatSwan/Jake (which is now proven to be wrong). What am I missing here?

I kinda wanna say a lot more, mostly about his claim, but per my promise, I will stop talking and give others the floor. Also, I think I'm getting into this flavor a little too much. Or a lot too much.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 16, 2017, 04:09:57 pm »

Skumpy, I'd be interested in you clarifying what your reasoning is for faust being scum, because I don't quite follow.

We need everyone top post and acknowledge faust's claim before we say anything about it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 16, 2017, 04:12:41 pm »

Skumpy, I'd be interested in you clarifying what your reasoning is for faust being scum, because I don't quite follow.

We need everyone top post and acknowledge faust's claim before we say anything about it.

Do you want him to, or just asking in general, because I followed it pretty clearly.

Also, note Mod #1 & Mod #3 are also scum Roleblocker/Rolestopper. Only Mod #2 Is town Roleblocker.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 16, 2017, 04:15:28 pm »

Do you want him to, or just asking in general, because I followed it pretty clearly.

Also, note Mod #1 & Mod #3 are also scum Roleblocker/Rolestopper. Only Mod #2 Is town Roleblocker.

That means that if Faust is scum and telling the truth about being a Roleblocker then there's a player with a result as good as copping him alive (not suggesting they claim without thinking about it).

Also if he's scum and knows Mod 1, 2, 3 don't exist then his claim is a safe fakeclaim - but I doubt that to be true based on Skumpy's reaction.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 16, 2017, 04:17:16 pm »

Um, a Roleblocker is not the same as a Rolestopper.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 16, 2017, 04:21:33 pm »

While I think of it: Skumpy, I assume from your reaction that you have nothing to says that infirms faust having roleblocked you ? That is, either you're a VT and have no idea either way or you're a PR who has no way of knowing whether or not your action went through. I'll take silence as a yes, but I just want to be sure you took this into consideration, since you're new.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 16, 2017, 04:25:39 pm »

Oh, then nevermind. I've never actually seen Rolestopper. Assumed based on It's name that it acted similarly. If I'm wrong then disregard that.

Mafia Record:

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 16, 2017, 04:26:29 pm »

To clarify:
I didn't lynch Jake.
faust said I was town.
faust said Galzria/DatSwan/Jake was the team (not me)
So he roleblocks me and not Galzria or DatSwan, obviously.
Then he accepts that 'Unfortunately, I'm town', which somehow my voting him and him roleblocking me makes clear to him.

If I made a topographic map and said high altitude=town, low altitude=skum, then the map of faust's read on me would make for a pretty good model of a Himalayan valley. Best metaphor ever.

More reasoning: I'm not scum. I now know TWM is not scum. So if faust is town, do you really mean to tell me that 5 townies were voting for another one, and scum didn't want to finish the job, especially since faust's vote was fixed and couldn't change to anybody else? I just don't believe it.

More reasoning: I don't like basing votes on character reads. I tried it with Robz and failed miserably. I'll try again - it's very reasonable for scum to jump out with a quick town read on me, and expecting me to be the day 1 lynch, not join in order to show up everybody who voted for me. If it wasn't for TWM's godlike intervention, I probably would be dead by now.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 16, 2017, 04:31:53 pm »

So essentially, it's because faust's read on you changed dramatically ?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 16, 2017, 04:36:26 pm »

Oh, then nevermind. I've never actually seen Rolestopper. Assumed based on It's name that it acted similarly. If I'm wrong then disregard that.

...I also didn't know these were different things. Interesting, Mafiascum wiki says it's an inverse roleblocker basically.

I don't think claiming here was a great call for faust if he's Town.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 16, 2017, 04:36:36 pm »

No surprises there.

Did it?

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 16, 2017, 04:36:52 pm »

To clarify:
I didn't lynch Jake.
faust said I was town.
Then he accepts that 'Unfortunately, I'm town', which somehow my voting him and him roleblocking me makes clear to him.

Look: If I roleblock a scummy player, it's no use, because even if they are scum, they won't perform the kill. I had you on the townie side, but the last couple of posts were scummish and I thought that you have sufficient townreads that if you are scum, you would perform the kill. I blocked you and we had a kill, so there's that.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 16, 2017, 04:38:54 pm »

Apparently, I also don't get the difference between roleblocker and rolestopper. I thought one just had priority over the other.

That means that if Faust is scum and telling the truth about being a Roleblocker then there's a player with a result as good as copping him alive (not suggesting they claim without thinking about it).

I don't understand your reasoning. I assume you're referring to mod 1 or mod 3, who would know there is a roleblocker. But they don't have any reason to assume that mod 2 is off.

While I think of it: Skumpy, I assume from your reaction that you have nothing to says that infirms faust having roleblocked you ? That is, either you're a VT and have no idea either way or you're a PR who has no way of knowing whether or not your action went through. I'll take silence as a yes, but I just want to be sure you took this into consideration, since you're new.

And I will assume you're not asking me to claim. If you want me to claim, I can. Frankly, I don't see why this matters. If he's town, he's telling the truth. If he's scum, he knows mod 2 is off, so he claims it. There's a 75% chance scum has a roleblocker, and I very much think that if he's scum, he (or somebody) did in fact roleblock me as he said.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 16, 2017, 04:40:58 pm »

To clarify:
I didn't lynch Jake.
faust said I was town.

Look: If I roleblock a scummy player, it's no use, because even if they are scum, they won't perform the kill. I had you on the townie side, but the last couple of posts were scummish and I thought that you have sufficient townreads that if you are scum, you would perform the kill. I blocked you and we had a kill, so there's that.

But if you're a roleblocker, you know there's a flavor cop. So try to block him. And I thought roleblockling doesn't stop kills?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 16, 2017, 04:47:20 pm »

Skumpy - phone posting and bloc pulling is annoying - but to your point: You are correct. That was an oversight on my part. If Mod 1 is in play then the Doctor doesn't in fact (as I suggested) know that Faust is scum as they do not know if Mod 2 is in play.

Mafia Record:

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: August 16, 2017, 04:47:46 pm »

I am most definitely not asking you to claim anything.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 16, 2017, 04:49:44 pm »

Roleblocking does stop kill. Again, the mafiascum wiki is useful for these things. Even for experienced players, who maybe should have taken a look at it when seeing that rolestopper and roleblocker were both in the setup and not under the same name.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 16, 2017, 04:52:27 pm »

That and the other 2 things I said in the exact same post. I said yesterday I thought it was either him or Jake. I voted for him then, and nothing's changed my mind since.

I agree with Chairs .... I was not expecting faust to take my threat seriously and immediately claim, which is very odd to me.

I mentioned twice on day 2 that I had picked up on something nobody else had. This is what it was.

But even if there is, suppose I'm Precise Alarm Clock (Doctor, mod 1)

A) I'm the doctor (mod 1 is working). In which case, I claim doctor, and either IC myself or set up a WIFOM with 1 scum.

B) I'm the not-doctor (mod 1 is not working). In which case, I can claim "I ain't no doc, but I know nobody here ain't no doc neither!" Which again either IC's myself or sets up a WIFOM.

Wouldn't this just instantly clear like half the town? Am I missing something?

You are missing that if there is no player with the flavor name Precise Alarm Clock if the modification1 is no active. Instead, an additional Good Memories (VT) is added. So it is not possible for a single player to claim "not-Doctor", and it is possible for scum to fakelclaim since they know exactly what modifications are present.

Which is strange because the flavor name is Good Memory, not Good Memories, as faust incorrectly stated. If you were a VT and you saw in your QT 'Good Memory' in giant green letters, you're not going to forget it. Obviously, he could be a PR, but there were only 2.5 expected PRs for town, versus 3 for scum. The odds were against him, and I'm very sorry I didn't get a chance to point this out yesterday and maybe save Jake. Sadly, it does us no good today.

faust, who did you roleblock night 1?

PPE: For Teproc: I apologize, I apparently did not ask enough questions ;) At least I'm not the only who didn't get it, I thought they were the same. Still does not in any shape or form justify faust roleblockling (that's autocorrected: I'm keeping it cause I like the term), and his response makes no sense whatsoever.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 16, 2017, 05:21:03 pm »

Assuming faust is telling the truth, are we sure we want faust to claim his N1 target? The kill went through, so he doesn't have what I would categorize as a Town or Scum result, sadly. We can't even really say Town!Skumpy is confirmed (we can only say it is now more likely that Town!Skumpy exists than it was previously, since we now know you didn't perform the kill last Night).

I mean, probably we do. Definitely if we lynch faust we do.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 16, 2017, 05:23:17 pm »

Definitely if we lynch faust we do.

Definitely ? How so ?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 56  All

Page created in 2.378 seconds with 20 queries.