Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148029 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D2)
« Reply #700 on: August 12, 2017, 10:57:45 am »

To be clear: I don't know that he was away, I'm just saying he didn't post. He might very well have chosen not to post, I don't think he had a V/LA. Actually I'd be interested in Jake clarifying on that.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 12, 2017, 11:02:01 am »

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying.

Jake was absent, he didn't post in the whole weekend leading up to the lynch. Maybe that's indicative of alignment, but you act as if he purposefully chose not to be on Robz: there's no indication that this is the case, is there ?

Your second paragraph also seems completely contradictory to me ? What are you saying exactly ?

Ah, didn't realize he was also away. That makes looking at positioning for people extremely awkward.
It is the whole problem with all of yesterday. faust was gone. Jake was gone. Andrew was gone. Datswan was gone. Multiple others were only around for a second or two.

I get what you are doing, or trying to do, but there were so many things that were awkward about yesterday that I find it difficult to obtain any conclusion about yesterday given this.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D1)
« Reply #702 on: August 12, 2017, 11:06:00 am »

Ok I'm getting ahead of myself. Clearly it was RVS. And if nobody else sees anything in it, that's fine. I'll drop it.
On vacation this week so will just be periodically catching up. Doing that now.

Scummy and towny.
He did say he was on vacation very early in the game. But never restated it or said he wouldn't specifically be around at deadline.

His last post before the lynch was about 20 hours before deadline.

I think Skumpy is actually truly scum and should be lynched tomorrow. I sort of have a bad feeling about Galz, though I understand why he voted for me.
Don't see where robz was scummy at all. Definitely agree about lynching Skumpy tomorrow.

He might have felt that moving to Robz would make him look bad. It would not have if it was obviously between him and Robz like it was at the end, but at 20 hours it wasn't an obvious conclusion.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 12, 2017, 12:41:08 pm »

Right. Let's just let totally scummy behavior get a complete pass and instead. Let's lynch the townies that are actually scum hunting and playing the game. Cause that is totally going to work.

Look at what Jake has done today and yesterday. Answer=nothing. Teproc, are you ok with Jake completely ignoring my questions to him? Is that something you are ok with letting pass? Instead, let's lynch Galz or faust or me, who even if they (I am not) are scum, are at least doing townie things. Right? I mean, the Robz lynch yesterday was flat out bad. He hadn't done anything scummy and was playing, but some how became the default lynch because, well, I don't really know why.

It is too bad. Too damn bad.
This drunk speaks the truth.
I wasn't drunk when I wrote that! - - - - Yet.
You're a Wine Merchant...

Anything else to add faust ?

@Jake: Why is Galz scum ?
Claim
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 12, 2017, 01:05:47 pm »

So datswan is scum too?

Can we please lynch Jake now?

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: August 12, 2017, 01:08:06 pm »

So datswan is scum too?

No just galz
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 12, 2017, 01:13:17 pm »

So datswan is scum too?

No just galz
What separates them? You list one thing that makes galz scummy but fail to provide context for it. Why is his scummy and datswan's not?

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 12, 2017, 01:23:47 pm »

So datswan is scum too?

No just galz
What separates them? You list one thing that makes galz scummy but fail to provide context for it. Why is his scummy and datswan's not?
Different people, different claim times.
Baseball For Life

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 12, 2017, 01:41:45 pm »

So datswan is scum too?

No just galz

Right, but what specifically makes Galz's claim scummy and DatSwan's claim not scummy to you ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 12, 2017, 02:07:20 pm »

So datswan is scum too?

No just galz
Wow. Such info.

I refuse to believe that Jake is not understanding what we are asking for here. And he has a town read on me. Teproc is an IC. So he shouldn't be suspecting of ulterior motives if he is town.

I think he is scum. He tried something coming into this game. Being vague, hedgy, but blandly polite and cautious about it. And it has gotten him suspicion. But he is sticking to it.

If he were town I have to think he would have, at some point in this game, changed and actually started doing a semblance of what is being asked by people that he is townreading.

vote: Jake

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 12, 2017, 02:23:24 pm »

I'm in agreement right now. Jake is either scum or being intentionally unhelpful when asked simple straightforward questions. And it carries a decent narrative for everything that's happened so far. I didn't really lean scum on him earlier in the day, but the combination of my own analysis yesterday and the way he's chosen to interact and respond...

I'm good with vote: Jake
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 12, 2017, 03:38:13 pm »

Hey guys, sorry I suck. I haven't had much time the past 24hr. IRL shit. I have 20/30 min to read and reply. I will be live later today (+-4hrs).

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 12, 2017, 05:19:02 pm »

I was open to voting Jake before, still fine doing it.

vote: Jake

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 12, 2017, 06:46:07 pm »

Jesus christ, this wagon picked up a lot faster than I expected.

K, long post inbound. Everything I'm about to say will not involve my reading of Jake's or anyone else's character this game, solely votes. I would have to say that I do agree with Galzria - if Jake's not scum, all he's done is occasional, mostly unsupported accusations, and that's just not helping. Moving on..

Almost everyone has voted Jake at some point this game - this includes myself and the 2 dead townies. The only exceptions that I can think of are Teproc, DatSwan and Andrew, and Andrew did say at one point he's willing to vote Jake even though he voted Galzria instead. If you trust me and assume I'm town, then of the 4 unknowns who lynched Robz over Jake day 1, 3 of them are currently on Jake - that's a little concerning.

I did say I do suspect RR over Jake. What do I like about about the Jake vote is that is does give us a lot of data to work with it, regardless of alignment. Let's look ahead.

If Jake is scum: Then there is a 99% chance there has been bussing. The team could be Andrew/DatSwan/Jake, but that's a bold move to first stay away from voting and pray Jake would get lynched over Robz and even bolder to go all out on Galzria. So I don't think that's the threesome we're looking for. No, more likely, scum probably figured the lynch is going to end up being Jake one way or the other, so they probably wanted to gain as much trust as possible for lynching him.

Who would be cleared if Jake is scum? Well, I would say faust and TWM. RR's been camped on him for a while, which suggests town. Anyone else? Chairs has been joining wagons whenever they happen to pop up. XX started the day quickly on him, then backed off. Galzria could be trying to protect him, then gave up once it became clear that there's no way Jake can stay out of the spotlight. And while I don't think it's both Andrew and DatSwan if Jake is scum, it could certainly be one of them.

If he's town: So what happened yesterday? Faust started a wagon, it picked up quick. His vote was going to carry a lot of weight. TWM's been pushing hard for him to get lynched for a while. Tough to picture an all-town wagon where nobody on it was scum, and it couldn't get finished. The rest of scum could either be on Robz or AWOL, so not much to go off of, they were in no danger.

What about today? There was the quick early push of TWM, RR, Chairs, and XX, then it fell apart. Why? Scum was either off wagon and didn't want to raise suspicion with a quick lynch, or there were 1 or 2 there just to test and see if it goes through. When it didn't, they broke it apart to avoid getting accused of being too focused on town.

And as for now? It could be RR or TWM sticking to Jake like glue to get attention away from a partner. It could be Galzria looking for a desperate scapegoat to get himself off the chopping block (maybe he wanted to say 'I told you so', but once he's on the line, that's not an option). It could be Chairs wagoning. Or it could be town just unable to find anybody else to suspect.

Who would fall under suspicion? Well everyone. Scum could have been pushing for a Jake lynch, happy to follow along to go with the flow, or believing in his townliness so that when he eventually got lynched, they could say 'It wasn't me!' The nice thing for scum if Jake flips town is it takes away all of the suspicious activity from day 1 - it could've been Robz or Jake dead, so they weren't fighting for who it should be and could take their sweet time.

I'm not voting Jake yet - way too much time in the day still - but I can if the time comes. Let's see what plays out. There's more to be learned if he's revealed as scum today than if he's town. If he's scum, it narrows down the search pool considerably. If he's town, my money's on faust, but it's very possible I'm wrong.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 12, 2017, 07:04:02 pm »

Good analysis Skumpy about everyone voting for jake at some point. He went back but I want to as well when I am at a computer.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 12, 2017, 08:22:25 pm »

So datswan is scum too?

No just galz

Right, but what specifically makes Galz's claim scummy and DatSwan's claim not scummy to you ?
Galz has a history of claiming early as scum. Also he knows not to claim early as he is a vet. Now for DatSwan he doesn't have that experience to know not to claim there. Also in my first game or as a rookie, I thought claiming was super cool. I was super hyped to claim early in they game.
Also TWM you really need to stop only targeting me. Not just this game but almost every game I play with you, I'm the only one you go after.
Baseball For Life

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 12, 2017, 08:42:55 pm »

Good analysis Skumpy about everyone voting for jake at some point. He went back but I want to as well when I am at a computer.

Thank you, I try
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 12, 2017, 08:59:27 pm »

Fine.

vote: XXraptor
Vote: Robz
Please compare this vote to the one that Skumpy casts below it. One is thought out, provides reasons and is committal. The other is empty and really, in my eyes a vote away from jake. At this point jake is at 5 votes. If xx had voted there it would have been 6. I had just asked people to explain why they weren't voting for either Robz or jake and this was xx's response apparently. No reason given for why not voting for jake. Or a reason for voting for Robz. Just a vote that dtracted from the larger wagon here.

Now I do think that if xx were scum (and jake not their partner) they would have voted jake there I think. But I have made that mistake before of thinking mafia would push lynches instead of intentionally avoiding them.

I understand that the circumstances were different but you just did the same thing that you criticized me for.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 12, 2017, 09:07:09 pm »

I didn't read any questions that i felt needed to be answered on my part. If i am incorrect and missed something please bump it to me and i will respond timely.

Where i stand: I'm not 100% sure that jake is scum. But I wouldn't mind voting him to get a lynch. I still feel as though Skumpy and TWM are scum. They just seem to off of echother too well. I also wouldn't mind Voting Galz. I don't like his early VT claim.

Unvote just for now.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 12, 2017, 09:33:25 pm »

Also TWM you really need to stop only targeting me. Not just this game but almost every game I play with you, I'm the only one you go after.
False. Also quote walls man.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: August 12, 2017, 09:37:36 pm »

Raptor. Context is completely different and everything that is actually important.

Here was why I was voting for. It was already an established read tied into Jake to an extent. No one had specifically asked me (or everyone) to comment on you either, like I did asking about Robz when you voted. You can't even compare the two.
Vote: TWM

I don't understand your angle. Maybe taking the heat off jake?
I don't have an angle. And the heat that I created on Jake? You sound like you already know jake is scum. If anyone took heat of jake it was teproc.

Check this out roc. Seriously.

vote: jake

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 12, 2017, 09:37:45 pm »

I'm in agreement right now. Jake is either scum or being intentionally unhelpful when asked simple straightforward questions. And it carries a decent narrative for everything that's happened so far. I didn't really lean scum on him earlier in the day, but the combination of my own analysis yesterday and the way he's chosen to interact and respond...

I'm good with vote: Jake
So okay. I'm not sure I like this. Lemme try to phrase my thoughts in a way that will make sense to you and others.

Before, you had expressed a not-scum read on Jake, meaning that you didn't see the scum motive for things he did (like not being on the Robz wagon). All of a sudden, you flip yourself onto Jake because he hasn't been answering questions. He hasn't been doing this the entire game, but your vote comes a few posts after he doesn't really answer a question about your and DatSwan's claim. I feel like you're only voting for Jake because you got 'involved' with him, given that his question he didn't answer was about you. This seems defensive to me, and I'd like you to respond to it before we continue. I feel like your response(s) to this are gonna basically make or break my read on you.
PPE
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 12, 2017, 10:44:14 pm »

So datswan is scum too?

No just galz

Galz has a history of claiming early as scum. Also he knows not to claim early as he is a vet. Now for DatSwan he doesn't have that experience to know not to claim there. Also in my first game or as a rookie, I thought claiming was super cool. I was super hyped to claim early in they game.

Galz is experienced enough to do anything as any alignment for whatever reason he feels justified.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 12, 2017, 10:55:22 pm »

I have no way of putting this and having it come off as not skummy, so I am just doing it. If I get lynched - when I flip town - I encourage my fellow townies to remember this post:

If I were Jake, and I were scum. As a good scum team I would see merit in not answering like anything at all. My reasoning, given it is just my opinion... I am not claiming to know play styles anywhere near as well as most people here... But my reasoning would be it gets a lot of people to start a lot of conversations that would give the skum team a ton of info.
(i.e. Team skum accepts that Jake is done for. Game plan would be, IMO... OK that sucks, but lets make the best of it by getting the info we can out of it.)

So if you are not going to defend, and you have all the randomness of other people poking about (multiple VT claims and such), what is the next practical choice? Do the whole silent/lurk/IDK what the appropriate term is - thing, and get others to call you out.

Additionally, If anyone wants to give these thoughts any merit, I would suggest looking into those who have voted and then un voted Jake/wagoned then un-wagoned on jake

I don't know how to substantiate this idea more than it is just what I think. I am mainly saying it so it can be referenced by my fellow townies going forward.

Also - I would like to note how hard I am trying to come off as town (bc I am). So if you are also town, as I will flip VT if I am lynched/killed, pleas remember to come back and think about this because I am pretty sure at the start of Day 3 we can fairly iso out 2 skum based on interaction regarding the Jake Targeting.

PPE
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 12, 2017, 10:57:00 pm »

Also...
vote: Galz
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 56  All

Page created in 2.257 seconds with 21 queries.