Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148146 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D2)
« Reply #600 on: August 11, 2017, 03:33:39 am »

And scum!you has a history of premature fakeclaims.

This has been bothering me as well. Because you stated it as fact to a group of players that are relatively new (and even many of the non-new haven't played with me) - and it's categorically false. It's based on a single game where the timing and use of the claim single handily carried me throughout the game to a victory for my faction. It was perfectly placed, and perfectly executed. It worked, and we won.
I'm not sure what the point of this is, or how it shows that M100 was different from now.

The point was more that you used an example erroneously to portray me in a scummy light - by giving a false representation of a claim made in a different game where I WAS scum and comparing it to here where I'm not.
How was the respresentation false? (I clarified in the post below the one you quoted that it wasn't actually a fakeclaim there)
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 11, 2017, 03:59:03 am »

This has been bothering me as well. Because you stated it as fact to a group of players that are relatively new (and even many of the non-new haven't played with me) - and it's categorically false. It's based on a single game where the timing and use of the claim single handily carried me throughout the game to a victory for my faction. It was perfectly placed, and perfectly executed. It worked, and we won.
I'm not sure what the point of this is, or how it shows that M100 was different from now.

The point was more that you used an example erroneously to portray me in a scummy light - by giving a false representation of a claim made in a different game where I WAS scum and comparing it to here where I'm not.
How was the respresentation false? (I clarified in the post below the one you quoted that it wasn't actually a fakeclaim there)

The emphasis there should have been made clear by my point, but as it seems not to have been: I believe you've tried to paint this claim as "premature" and thus scummy by comparing it to M100 when I, in your words, "have a history of premature claims as scum".- but that's not true. My claim timing as scum was impeccable, and won my faction the game. I hope to do the same for town here (and only time will tell) - but your characterization is falsely stated to make me appear scummy for reasons that don't match up.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 11, 2017, 04:34:00 am »

The emphasis there should have been made clear by my point, but as it seems not to have been: I believe you've tried to paint this claim as "premature" and thus scummy by comparing it to M100 when I, in your words, "have a history of premature claims as scum".- but that's not true. My claim timing as scum was impeccable, and won my faction the game. I hope to do the same for town here (and only time will tell) - but your characterization is falsely stated to make me appear scummy for reasons that don't match up.
Yes, your claim timing as scum was good. Had you been town that game, it would have been premature. That is exactly the point I am making.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 11, 2017, 04:36:55 am »

Yes, your claim timing as scum was good. Had you been town that game, it would have been premature. That is exactly the point I am making.

Ah, well, yes. In that game, had I been town, I agree. But I disagree with that intent being what you stated before. With that correction, I have no disagreement.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 11, 2017, 04:51:59 am »

Right. Let's just let totally scummy behavior get a complete pass and instead. Let's lynch the townies that are actually scum hunting and playing the game. Cause that is totally going to work.

Look at what Jake has done today and yesterday. Answer=nothing. Teproc, are you ok with Jake completely ignoring my questions to him? Is that something you are ok with letting pass?

I don't regulate people's play through lynches, I try to catch scum. I  do not think Jake is scum.

Let's try and remember how Jake played in Fleetwood Mac. Oh, exactly in the same way, as town ! I think it's clear that what you're talking about is not alignment-indicative for Jake. Meanwhile, I think the way the end of D1 went (+ the NK) is indicative of both main wagons being town.

I doubt that anything I present will cause Teproc to change his mind. It didn't yesterday and it hasn't today. And I have a hard time seeing a lynch occurring in this game without Teproc's blessing.

So, no. I am not going to put in effort on something that will not be used. I don't have time for that.

You haven't really been trying to change my mind, or yours. You decided Jake was scum somewhere in D1, was pissed when things didn't go your way and then stopped playing. Maybe if you do try you might convince me. If you're town, what you've been doing ever since D1 twilight has not been helping. You didn't like the D1 lynch, deal with it.

More importantly: I sure hope lynches can happen without my "blessing", because I'm the least informed player in the game. I have worse odds of catching scum than literally anyone else. I still decided to express my opinion because I do think Jake is town and we seemed to be heading that way, and even as an IC I don't think sitting by while what I think are mislynches happen is good play, but by no means should people take my opinion as gospel. THey know it truly is my opinjion, but that doesn't make it right.

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 11, 2017, 04:55:35 am »

Now I do think Jake should put in more of an effort. You mentioned at some point that you didn't want to defend yourself, that you preferred to scumhunt: I absolutely agree with that attitude... but without looking it up, I have no idea who you think scum is. This is a sign you probably haven't been making a strong case.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 11, 2017, 04:55:54 am »

The above is adressed at Jake, in case it was unclear.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 11, 2017, 05:32:49 am »

M/100-- Galz + Early claim = scum
M/105-- Galz + Early claim = ? ? ?

I find you claiming early a strange move. Obviously more valuables than shown. But you could be trying to recreate a move from a previous game. I think you are smarter then that. But why did you claim unprovoked what so ever?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 11, 2017, 05:46:52 am »

M/100-- Galz + Early claim = scum
M/105-- Galz + Early claim = ? ? ?

I find you claiming early a strange move. Obviously more valuables than shown. But you could be trying to recreate a move from a previous game. I think you are smarter then that. But why did you claim unprovoked what so ever?

Timing is not an alignment indicative tell. I claimed when I did, as I did, to get the most value from the claim. Value is of course perceived - but I felt that such claim at a later time would carry less value. Value is also not one dimensional however, and my claim may have other implications down the road. This was not - is not - lost on me. And yet I still believe the value in timing was most advantageous for town to make that claim when I did.

Mafia Record:

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 11, 2017, 08:29:24 am »

Right. Let's just let totally scummy behavior get a complete pass and instead. Let's lynch the townies that are actually scum hunting and playing the game. Cause that is totally going to work.

Look at what Jake has done today and yesterday. Answer=nothing. Teproc, are you ok with Jake completely ignoring my questions to him? Is that something you are ok with letting pass? Instead, let's lynch Galz or faust or me, who even if they (I am not) are scum, are at least doing townie things. Right? I mean, the Robz lynch yesterday was flat out bad. He hadn't done anything scummy and was playing, but some how became the default lynch because, well, I don't really know why.

It is too bad. Too damn bad.
This drunk speaks the truth.
I wasn't drunk when I wrote that! - - - - Yet.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 11, 2017, 09:15:07 am »

Look at what Jake has done today and yesterday. Answer=nothing. Teproc, are you ok with Jake completely ignoring my questions to him? Is that something you are ok with letting pass? Instead, let's lynch Galz or faust or me, who even if they (I am not) are scum, are at least doing townie things. Right? I mean, the Robz lynch yesterday was flat out bad. He hadn't done anything scummy and was playing, but some how became the default lynch because, well, I don't really know why.

It is too bad. Too damn bad.
This drunk speaks the truth.
I wasn't drunk when I wrote that! - - - - Yet.

??? 8) ::)

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 11, 2017, 09:19:52 am »

vote: DatSwan

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 11, 2017, 11:29:57 am »

Now I do think Jake should put in more of an effort. You mentioned at some point that you didn't want to defend yourself, that you preferred to scumhunt: I absolutely agree with that attitude... but without looking it up, I have no idea who you think scum is. This is a sign you probably haven't been making a strong case.

Reads so far

Scum
Skumpy
Galzria
X
Town
Teproc
TWM

Possible X's/ null
RR
Chairs
Andrew
Faust
Datswan
Xx
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 11, 2017, 12:01:14 pm »

Well I do think TWM is acting towny, but if Galz flips scum I'll be looking at TWM.

I won't flip scum. But you know that already.

Pro scumhunting brah!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 11, 2017, 12:05:42 pm »

A lot of people expressed surprise from Galz's VT claim but not so many reads. Does anybody else think Galz would never claim VT as town?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: August 11, 2017, 12:16:52 pm »

I wouldn't put anything past Galz, regardless of alignment. He's spent too much time with Robz and ash.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 11, 2017, 01:43:40 pm »

Look at what Jake has done today and yesterday. Answer=nothing. Teproc, are you ok with Jake completely ignoring my questions to him? Is that something you are ok with letting pass?

I don't regulate people's play through lynches, I try to catch scum. I  do not think Jake is scum.

Let's try and remember how Jake played in Fleetwood Mac. Oh, exactly in the same way, as town ! I think it's clear that what you're talking about is not alignment-indicative for Jake. Meanwhile, I think the way the end of D1 went (+ the NK) is indicative of both main wagons being town.

I am not regulating Jake's play through a lynch. I legitimately think he is scum. And if he isn't, he is a better lynch than another random townie at this point, but that certainly isn't a significant reason for why I am voting for him.

I disagree with your assessment Jake's play versus other games. I also don't take that into as much consideration as you do, I think, but I'll go ahead and show you what I mean.

Here are some prototypical posts from Jake's game today. Actually let's just do a random sampling. Promise this is random. out of 37 posts, let's pull 5.

21 (actually rolled 21 twice), 36, 29, 15, 13. Now putting them in order:

I'll ask again: Is there a way to quote farther than 15 posts back that doesn't require copy/pasting from a second tab?

OK, TWM just read me like "Green Eggs & Ham", and is 100% correct. If he's not scum, then he's the best reader here from what I can tell. With regards to your eccentric, flamboyant, and excessive, I did post this early on:

if I was scum and reading that, I would think the weird new guy has a mental deficiency (which is probably true honestly).

so no disrespect perceived or taken.

Looking back in retrospect, there are a few ways people could've chosen to read me
a) They are actually Town, think I'm playing very un-townlike, so vote me
b) Town, think I'm playing very un-townlike, but leave me alone since they're not sure and I'm new
c) Scum, realize I'm an easy target, so vote me
d) Scum, realize I'm an easy target, but are incredibly confused by why I'm playing so awfully, so they leave me alone in order to gain townie credit later on after I'm a quick early lynch

I never expected e though: understand me better than I understand myself and give a perfect assessment. When I said I'm a bad liar before, I think I see why I believed (and still do) that to be the case: there's absolutely no way I could talk in the same manner as I am now if I was skum, even if I like to believe I could, and I really do think I would hush up a lot more. For the record, I may type in a way that attracts attention, as TWM points out, but trust me, I really hate attention. But I also hate empty words, which is why you won't see me making a whole lot of short posts, apologies to the impatient people amongst you.

I think the fact that I'm so...unconventional...is the reason why I suspect those whose who I agree with/agree with me, and trust those who suspect me.

And TWM, I can promise you won't be hanging your head in shame. I don't know if I can clear you just yet, a scum would know I'm town and would have an easier time figuring me out, but at the very least, you're getting a voting exemption from me for a while. I also hope I won't have to hang my head in shame.
This reads scummy to me. Vote: Skumpy
Let's unvotefor now at least.

@Jake: How is TWM bein weird and why does that make you think he's town ?

Skumpy: Who do you think is scum ?

PPE: 2
He's null to me this game so far which is slightly wierd because I usually have a very strong read on him one way or another.
regardless of who died at night (assumed it would be you, but didn't know).

Can you expand on that a bit ?

I assumed scum would shoot the IC
Why
Reads so far

Scum
Skumpy
Galzria
X
Town
Teproc
TWM

Possible X's/ null
RR
Chairs
Andrew
Faust
Datswan
Xx
Anyone else feel like Galz and TWM are teamed?
I feel like TWM is town.
I feel like this is pretty representative of Jake. One word answers. When he does talk it is short, simple, and frankly very mild mannered. He is keeping his cool, staying away from arguments, deliberately ignoring things people ask him. Isn't really doing much of anything.

Compare to M103 for your sake.

Taking 5 random posts from first two days. Out of 79 posts. 38, 15, 42, 43, 59

Sometimes, Jake is actually scum.

Joseph is town I think. Who else can I vote for?

Vote: RR how's that?
I don't like this post. His reasons for finding Joseph towny seem forced. I also don't like the amount of content posts to joke posts from faust.
There are no reasons in this post.
Those are all reasons to me.
No I mean there are no reasons in the post from me that you quoted.
There were other posts where you stated your reasons and I didn't like them.
Unvote
Why did Jake just unvote after two people joined the wagon he was on?
Because faust was scummy early but he looks much less scummy now.
We have four things from J Reggie.  First, the plan:

Tell us your plan!

Why thank you.

I think we should start off D1 with a mass claim. We have a good chance to catch at least one scum here without losing any key PRs. Here's the catch though: it only works if everyone does it. And I mean everyone.

I'll start. I'm a VT.

Then the Joseph vote

vote: j Reggie for role fishing, trying to out all our PRs.
The setup says we don't have any PRs? 8VT vs 3 mafia vs 2 werewolves

This isn't likely to be warning a partner, since mafia have day chat and werewolves only have one partner. But

I claim TV.
Obv!fakeclaim. Vote: ii

This is unannounced L-2.
vote: Joseph

Then the faust vote

Oh the sheepage. But it's actually a reasonable wagon this time. vote: Faust

and the gkrieg case

Also I just realized that everyone should be scum hunting in this game, which is kinda interesting.

This is the type of post scum makes to make you think they have a town mindset. Like a pseudo-faked-townslip.

He then votes for gkrieg in his next post.  And that's really it.  Nothing here feels like town!Reggie to me.  It feels like J Reggie, when he is active, is doing everything he can to appear townie without actually being townie.
So basically everything he's done is scummy.
We have 3 wagons right now.

faust - would lynch, but really don't prefer to

RR - don't really want to lynch

J Reggie - want to lynch, best option of the three
Or option 4: you Vote: 2.71
Just saying I protest this "apparent" lynch
Again, reading through the actual game. This is pretty representative of Jake. Much more confontational. Votes flying around more. More aggressive and assertive, tone is different. Answers questions put to him. Taking stances.

In posts not listed here, he actually goes after people that were voting for him. OMGUSing and such. Now, I'll will admit that I was wrong about Jake in M103. There I argued that he was "very interested in himself" and he was. I felt that could be a scummy trait. But if it is a Jake-trait. He isn't doing it here.

So. There you go.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 11, 2017, 01:45:31 pm »

A lot of people expressed surprise from Galz's VT claim but not so many reads. Does anybody else think Galz would never claim VT as town?
Never? I can't think of a reason why anyone would never do something. Granted he, hasn't fully explained why he claimed VT (at least as far as I can remember), but I for one haven't felt the need to ask him at this juncture. Maybe in the future.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 11, 2017, 01:48:19 pm »

Meanwhile, I think the way the end of D1 went (+ the NK) is indicative of both main wagons being town.
On this point, I don't see it that way. Can you explain? Do you want to explain?

As for my comments about a lynch going through without your blessing, that wasn't intended to be a comment against you. It was more that I doubt town in its current state will be able to come to a consensus without someone herding them along. It barely happened Day1 with your help, so I am not optimist that it will occur without it today.

Jake looked like a good chance that it would. We had a good consensus and I feel it was a good wagon. I am skeptical we will be able to get a good wagon today with the way this game is going.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 11, 2017, 02:54:25 pm »

I don't really see a difference between what you quoted from each game... he's perhaps less agressive in this game, but that's about it. I need to take a look at a Jake scum game actually.

My point about the way the wagons went is ... not as valid as I thought now that I'm typing it up, so forget about that. I do think the gkrieg NK is relevant though, in that gkrieg would look very, very partner-y with Jake if Jake was to ever flip, and with jake being a frequent lynch candidate, I think scum would have wanted to keep him around... unless they really thought he was a PR, and I didn't see much there when rereading gkrieg.

I guess the feeling I had late day 1 and I still have now is that scum is lurking, and more than that: that they're under the radar, never got a wagon on them. Maybe not the whole scumteam, but I'd expect two of them to be low-content players... which I guess is statistically pretty likely just on its face, but oh well. I just felt such a total lack of urgency late in day 1 and I don't think that would have happened had one of the wagons been on scum. The fact that one of the two decisive players in making the Robz lynch happen died solidified that feeling for me.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 11, 2017, 02:55:45 pm »

Sorry for the harsh words before, glad you're back to being constructive (regardless of your alignment really).

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 11, 2017, 03:00:18 pm »

I am not regulating Jake's play through a lynch. I legitimately think he is scum. And if he isn't, he is a better lynch than another random townie at this point, but that certainly isn't a significant reason for why I am voting for him.

I disagree with your assessment Jake's play versus other games. I also don't take that into as much consideration as you do, I think, but I'll go ahead and show you what I mean.

Here are some prototypical posts from Jake's game today. Actually let's just do a random sampling. Promise this is random. out of 37 posts, let's pull 5.

21 (actually rolled 21 twice), 36, 29, 15, 13. Now putting them in order:

I'll ask again: Is there a way to quote farther than 15 posts back that doesn't require copy/pasting from a second tab?

OK, TWM just read me like "Green Eggs & Ham", and is 100% correct. If he's not scum, then he's the best reader here from what I can tell. With regards to your eccentric, flamboyant, and excessive, I did post this early on:

if I was scum and reading that, I would think the weird new guy has a mental deficiency (which is probably true honestly).

so no disrespect perceived or taken.

Looking back in retrospect, there are a few ways people could've chosen to read me
a) They are actually Town, think I'm playing very un-townlike, so vote me
b) Town, think I'm playing very un-townlike, but leave me alone since they're not sure and I'm new
c) Scum, realize I'm an easy target, so vote me
d) Scum, realize I'm an easy target, but are incredibly confused by why I'm playing so awfully, so they leave me alone in order to gain townie credit later on after I'm a quick early lynch

I never expected e though: understand me better than I understand myself and give a perfect assessment. When I said I'm a bad liar before, I think I see why I believed (and still do) that to be the case: there's absolutely no way I could talk in the same manner as I am now if I was skum, even if I like to believe I could, and I really do think I would hush up a lot more. For the record, I may type in a way that attracts attention, as TWM points out, but trust me, I really hate attention. But I also hate empty words, which is why you won't see me making a whole lot of short posts, apologies to the impatient people amongst you.

I think the fact that I'm so...unconventional...is the reason why I suspect those whose who I agree with/agree with me, and trust those who suspect me.

And TWM, I can promise you won't be hanging your head in shame. I don't know if I can clear you just yet, a scum would know I'm town and would have an easier time figuring me out, but at the very least, you're getting a voting exemption from me for a while. I also hope I won't have to hang my head in shame.
This reads scummy to me. Vote: Skumpy
Let's unvotefor now at least.

@Jake: How is TWM bein weird and why does that make you think he's town ?

Skumpy: Who do you think is scum ?

PPE: 2
He's null to me this game so far which is slightly wierd because I usually have a very strong read on him one way or another.
regardless of who died at night (assumed it would be you, but didn't know).

Can you expand on that a bit ?

I assumed scum would shoot the IC
Why
Reads so far

Scum
Skumpy
Galzria
X
Town
Teproc
TWM

Possible X's/ null
RR
Chairs
Andrew
Faust
Datswan
Xx
Anyone else feel like Galz and TWM are teamed?
I feel like TWM is town.
I feel like this is pretty representative of Jake. One word answers. When he does talk it is short, simple, and frankly very mild mannered. He is keeping his cool, staying away from arguments, deliberately ignoring things people ask him. Isn't really doing much of anything.

Compare to M103 for your sake.

Taking 5 random posts from first two days. Out of 79 posts. 38, 15, 42, 43, 59

Sometimes, Jake is actually scum.

Joseph is town I think. Who else can I vote for?

Vote: RR how's that?
I don't like this post. His reasons for finding Joseph towny seem forced. I also don't like the amount of content posts to joke posts from faust.
There are no reasons in this post.
Those are all reasons to me.
No I mean there are no reasons in the post from me that you quoted.
There were other posts where you stated your reasons and I didn't like them.
Unvote
Why did Jake just unvote after two people joined the wagon he was on?
Because faust was scummy early but he looks much less scummy now.
We have four things from J Reggie.  First, the plan:

Tell us your plan!

Why thank you.

I think we should start off D1 with a mass claim. We have a good chance to catch at least one scum here without losing any key PRs. Here's the catch though: it only works if everyone does it. And I mean everyone.

I'll start. I'm a VT.

Then the Joseph vote

vote: j Reggie for role fishing, trying to out all our PRs.
The setup says we don't have any PRs? 8VT vs 3 mafia vs 2 werewolves

This isn't likely to be warning a partner, since mafia have day chat and werewolves only have one partner. But

I claim TV.
Obv!fakeclaim. Vote: ii

This is unannounced L-2.
vote: Joseph

Then the faust vote

Oh the sheepage. But it's actually a reasonable wagon this time. vote: Faust

and the gkrieg case

Also I just realized that everyone should be scum hunting in this game, which is kinda interesting.

This is the type of post scum makes to make you think they have a town mindset. Like a pseudo-faked-townslip.

He then votes for gkrieg in his next post.  And that's really it.  Nothing here feels like town!Reggie to me.  It feels like J Reggie, when he is active, is doing everything he can to appear townie without actually being townie.
So basically everything he's done is scummy.
We have 3 wagons right now.

faust - would lynch, but really don't prefer to

RR - don't really want to lynch

J Reggie - want to lynch, best option of the three
Or option 4: you Vote: 2.71
Just saying I protest this "apparent" lynch
Again, reading through the actual game. This is pretty representative of Jake. Much more confontational. Votes flying around more. More aggressive and assertive, tone is different. Answers questions put to him. Taking stances.

In posts not listed here, he actually goes after people that were voting for him. OMGUSing and such. Now, I'll will admit that I was wrong about Jake in M103. There I argued that he was "very interested in himself" and he was. I felt that could be a scummy trait. But if it is a Jake-trait. He isn't doing it here.

So. There you go.
TWM, STOP SAYING THIS!!!!! Your not allowed to say that if when I ask for said questions so I can respond to them, YOU won't tell me them.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 11, 2017, 03:38:40 pm »

OK so here is the thing - I am VT. I don't really see the point in saying it because obv everyone is going to make there own decisions, but there it is. I had to look up what "lurking" meant lol.
If it has come off as such to anyone, I would like to say my reasoning behind being subtle so far is only because of my inexperience in the game. Watching and reading and gathering is pretty much all I have been able to maintain, and even then I find it overwhelming (fun, but still a lot).

I am still fine tuning this weird situation where I want to point out "skummy" behavior without making it seem like I am in fact skum. Not because I care if I get lynched because if we win as town we win as town, whatever... but because I want the points to be taken into good consideration.

Galzria could go either way. He is a random dude from what I am reading. I would note he seems to be making certain topics focus on things that he wants to talk about, and ignoring the others, which is skummy, but all in all whatever.

TWM says he doesn't care and doesn't want to put in time and etc, but then types up novels... weird.

I think that Xx is skum. I have no reasoning for it other then what I am perceiving from convos. It would seem to me that as he introduced himself as new in the beginning it would be an easy play to have a vet coach him to be a slow player and manipulate the conversations to their advantage.

That's my 2 cents.

Unvote
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 11, 2017, 03:49:11 pm »

Just did a full reread on TWM. Definitely moved WAY up my town list. That said, TWM, I'm not seeing the posts where you asked anything of Jake directly so... hard for him to respond. You quoted Teproc asking him a question d1... But also quoted his answer lol.

Also, I still like my DatSwan vote - but I had forgotten the exact reasons I seriously found Andrew scummy d1. I would strongly like to lynch one of these 2 (also, notably, the only 2 not voting at the end of d1, which I believe played part in why it was so hard to get a lynch through. I believe town was doing everything we could - we were just split over two wagons. Which is also why I'm not psyched about lynching Jake today).

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 11, 2017, 03:50:31 pm »

Just did a full reread on TWM. Definitely moved WAY up my town list. That said, TWM, I'm not seeing the posts where you asked anything of Jake directly so... hard for him to respond. You quoted Teproc asking him a question d1... But also quoted his answer lol.

Also, I still like my DatSwan vote - but I had forgotten the exact reasons I seriously found Andrew scummy d1. I would strongly like to lynch one of these 2 (also, notably, the only 2 not voting at the end of d1, which I believe played part in why it was so hard to get a lynch through. I believe town was doing everything we could - we were just split over two wagons. Which is also why I'm not psyched about lynching Jake today).

As you mentioned to the thread for me... I was in Canada with no wifi connection, thus my lack of interaction.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 56  All

Page created in 4.05 seconds with 20 queries.