Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148015 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D2)
« Reply #525 on: August 10, 2017, 01:52:20 pm »

unvote for now then.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 10, 2017, 02:04:04 pm »

vote: DatSwan

I could also be convinced to vote TWM, Andrew or Chairs.

DatSwan of all the new players is the one that strikes me as trying the least - and yes, he was VLA most of D1 but he's been back since. More though, I think he was coached to play it quiet. Skumpy is Skumpy. I find him townie overall but wouldn't be shocked if he flipped scum. XxRaptor DEFINITELY would've played the "hard-to-get involved" card a lot harder if he was scum (He had never heard of Mafia before I started talking about M100). And that leaves DatSwan, who has played Mafia both in an online format before as well as in person.

As for the others:
TWM comes of as FAR more reserved and less abrasive than he's been in every previous game I've seen him. He's always been town, which leads me to lean scum here.

Chairs hesitancy and phraseology reminds of Robz' "This day is insane" scum verbiage. I remember Chairs being a much louder player, and here it feels as if he's trying to skate by.

Andrew because I still hold that his D1 play was a potential scum tell
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 10, 2017, 02:04:59 pm »

Don't have time right now, but I do not like the Jake lynch at all.
Well that is lame.

I am not voting anywhere else. Just FYI.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 10, 2017, 02:05:27 pm »

Strike that.

vote: TWM

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 10, 2017, 02:11:40 pm »

Don't have time right now, but I do not like the Jake lynch at all.
Neither do I.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 10, 2017, 02:16:41 pm »

Right. Let's just let totally scummy behavior get a complete pass and instead. Let's lynch the townies that are actually scum hunting and playing the game. Cause that is totally going to work.

Look at what Jake has done today and yesterday. Answer=nothing. Teproc, are you ok with Jake completely ignoring my questions to him? Is that something you are ok with letting pass? Instead, let's lynch Galz or faust or me, who even if they (I am not) are scum, are at least doing townie things. Right? I mean, the Robz lynch yesterday was flat out bad. He hadn't done anything scummy and was playing, but some how became the default lynch because, well, I don't really know why.

It is too bad. Too damn bad.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 10, 2017, 02:19:42 pm »

Look at what Jake has done today and yesterday. Answer=nothing. Teproc, are you ok with Jake completely ignoring my questions to him? Is that something you are ok with letting pass? Instead, let's lynch Galz or faust or me, who even if they (I am not) are scum, are at least doing townie things. Right? I mean, the Robz lynch yesterday was flat out bad. He hadn't done anything scummy and was playing, but some how became the default lynch because, well, I don't really know why.
I agree with this but I don't really like that it's coming from someone who seems very frustrated/give up-y. I think you'd be better served gathering your thoughts and looking back at Jake to make a case for Teproc. I'm gonna do that anyway, but two is better than one.

In the meantime, Vote:Jake
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 10, 2017, 02:21:56 pm »

I doubt that anything I present will cause Teproc to change his mind. It didn't yesterday and it hasn't today. And I have a hard time seeing a lynch occurring in this game without Teproc's blessing.

So, no. I am not going to put in effort on something that will not be used. I don't have time for that.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 10, 2017, 02:23:56 pm »

But then why would scum be trying to no lynch if they could just get a mislynch instead? I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Ok I missed a bunch of stuff yesterday so I'm catching up again. This^ however, I find very scummy. Holding off on a vote until I catch up completely. Also, as of the end of page 20 I'm not feeling a Jake Lynch simply b cause he's not contributing much. I'm not contributing much either, that doesn't make me scum.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 10, 2017, 02:26:37 pm »

Vote: Jake*

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 10, 2017, 02:27:27 pm »

put in effort
I haven't been doing too much of that and i'm almost done rereading him  :P not too much to go off of.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 10, 2017, 02:28:51 pm »

Strike that.

You're not ashersky.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 10, 2017, 02:31:21 pm »

Skumpy, Andrew, chairs are all townie, in descending order. That's a decent start for the game. And Teproc is an IC. We're starting to get some good PoE going here.
Awful.
Here are the first reads he expressed. None of these folks have flipped yet, so we can’t really gather much from it.

In other news, Andrew is in this game?

People should be able to get an alignment tell on skump from this I think. Get to work on that people.

I think skump is town. If he's scum, he would have run this "ask all the questions" plan by his scumbuddies, who very well may have thrown cold water on it.

Which player is IRL related to Galz? Also, why is there a wagon on Galz? I don't understand it.
Agree with the first part.
But in the post right after that, he agrees with the part that says ‘skumpy is town.’ So he flip flops in like 3 minutes.

I also think I should definitely get a D1 pass.
No.
I hate to say it, but when you’re a player of Faust’s caliber, you generally get a D1 pass regardless of whether you ask for them or not. All I see here is Jake being disagreeable.

Vote: Faust
Then he does this.

Vote: TWM

He's acting.... weird.

Don't feel one way or another about Jake, will move my vote there if I have to.
He is but probably town.
In case Jake goes for the OMGUS route against TWM, let’s not forget he said this.

I'll ask again: Is there a way to quote farther than 15 posts back that doesn't require copy/pasting from a second tab?

OK, TWM just read me like "Green Eggs & Ham", and is 100% correct. If he's not scum, then he's the best reader here from what I can tell. With regards to your eccentric, flamboyant, and excessive, I did post this early on:

if I was scum and reading that, I would think the weird new guy has a mental deficiency (which is probably true honestly).

so no disrespect perceived or taken.

Looking back in retrospect, there are a few ways people could've chosen to read me
a) They are actually Town, think I'm playing very un-townlike, so vote me
b) Town, think I'm playing very un-townlike, but leave me alone since they're not sure and I'm new
c) Scum, realize I'm an easy target, so vote me
d) Scum, realize I'm an easy target, but are incredibly confused by why I'm playing so awfully, so they leave me alone in order to gain townie credit later on after I'm a quick early lynch

I never expected e though: understand me better than I understand myself and give a perfect assessment. When I said I'm a bad liar before, I think I see why I believed (and still do) that to be the case: there's absolutely no way I could talk in the same manner as I am now if I was skum, even if I like to believe I could, and I really do think I would hush up a lot more. For the record, I may type in a way that attracts attention, as TWM points out, but trust me, I really hate attention. But I also hate empty words, which is why you won't see me making a whole lot of short posts, apologies to the impatient people amongst you.

I think the fact that I'm so...unconventional...is the reason why I suspect those whose who I agree with/agree with me, and trust those who suspect me.

And TWM, I can promise you won't be hanging your head in shame. I don't know if I can clear you just yet, a scum would know I'm town and would have an easier time figuring me out, but at the very least, you're getting a voting exemption from me for a while. I also hope I won't have to hang my head in shame.
This reads scummy to me. Vote: Skumpy
Changes his mind about Skumpy again but doesn’t say why.

Let's unvotefor now at least.

@Jake: How is TWM bein weird and why does that make you think he's town ?

Skumpy: Who do you think is scum ?

PPE: 2
He's null to me this game so far which is slightly wierd because I usually have a very strong read on him one way or another.
TWM was a town read for Jake, now he’s null. More flip flopping.

Fuck.

I'm gonna claim. Don't know if it's good or not - but fuck.

I'm a Good Memory, VT.

Why ?

Because I believe it is pro town.
I don't
You gotta expand on stuff, we can’t all see what you’re thinking (unless you’re doing that on purpose…)

That’s about it, aside from the fact that he seems to have forgotten how scummy Skumpy was yesterday (that reads list doesn’t count) and that Skumpy was getting pushed yesterday. Why throw your vote away with Galz rather than pursue Skumpy?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 10, 2017, 02:31:37 pm »

Come on, not the quote thing again.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 10, 2017, 03:01:08 pm »

Right. Let's just let totally scummy behavior get a complete pass and instead. Let's lynch the townies that are actually scum hunting and playing the game. Cause that is totally going to work.

What questions are you talking about?
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: August 10, 2017, 03:02:51 pm »

Strike that.

You're not ashersky.
Good point. Maybe ash feels the way I am feeling when he self-votes? But I do remember the last time he self-voted wasn't ideal for me. Although it did help prevent a town lynch (Cuzz) and got scum lynched instead (schadd). So, I think I am good.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 10, 2017, 03:03:12 pm »

Man. Who cares? Right?

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 10, 2017, 03:05:16 pm »

Changed my signature just for you faust  :P (sorry, but I had to).

Well, it looked like we were in for a peaceful, easy, day 2. Then all hell broke loose. I'm just about ready to start from scratch with reading. On the plus, it's nice to see everybody talking.

TWM reminds me a lot of, well, me. Things like voting for himself, saying Teproc's vote is deciding, really just playing the ethos game...I want to say that's stuff I'd do as scum, but maybe I would as town too? I don't know. But I would say this: if (and that's a big 'if') TWM is scum, I strongly suspect he's bussing Jake hard to gain trust. TWM hasn't been scum in so long (according to his signature) that now that he has experience, is it fair to say he's basically starting from scratch with scum? And I think he's somebody who would bus like mad. I know I would. And if he's town, he's made so many correct assessments that I have to trust him here. Virtual vote on Jake, will commit to the real thing later. Again, I like the talking, let's keep it going.

That’s about it, aside from the fact that he seems to have forgotten how scummy Skumpy was yesterday (that reads list doesn’t count) and that Skumpy was getting pushed yesterday. Why throw your vote away with Galz rather than pursue Skumpy?

Obviously, because everybody else here loves me.

He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 10, 2017, 03:06:34 pm »

Man. Who cares? Right?
I care
Baseball For Life

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (N0!)
« Reply #544 on: August 10, 2017, 03:10:09 pm »

About Jake. This is his wagon at peak:

JaketheBaseballGod22 (5): faust, Robz888, The_Wine_Merchant, Skumpy, gkrieg13

Both players who since flipped town are on there. I am town, of course you don't know that, and I have town reads on TWM and Skumpy. So it is very much possible that this is an all-town wagon. Which is definitely interesting for an easy mislynch like Jake.

It also was not a quick wagon, but happened over the course of a hundred posts, plenty of time for scum to join in unsuspiciously.

So yeah, combined with the 1-shot Commuter thing (which I remember at the beginning of the game and then forgot) that I think makes Galzria more likely to be town, I am ready to vote: Jake again.

^I agree with all this. Good work faust.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 10, 2017, 03:15:21 pm »

Man. Who cares? Right?
I care
Then you can illustrate your care by going to find the post. I do not, anymore. You can answer or not answer. If Teproc doesn't get in the way I will see you lynched or end up dead.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 10, 2017, 03:33:32 pm »

link=topic=17401.msg711819#msg711819 date=1502389731]
Strike that.

You're not ashersky.
[/quote]

What is the context here?
It seems to me that TWM is just beating the bush skumhunting.

In other news...
Unvote: Galzria
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 10, 2017, 03:38:46 pm »

I think a mod would count you as voting me now.

Also townie from Datswan. I think new scum would jump on my vote.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 10, 2017, 03:39:37 pm »

Man. Who cares? Right?
I care
Then you can illustrate your care by going to find the post. I do not, anymore. You can answer or not answer. If Teproc doesn't get in the way I will see you lynched or end up dead.
If you don't care then why are you bringing it up?!?!??!?!?!?!?
Baseball For Life

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 10, 2017, 03:40:27 pm »

link=topic=17401.msg711819#msg711819 date=1502389731]
Strike that.

You're not ashersky.

What is the context here?
It seems to me that TWM is just beating the bush skumhunting.

In other news...
Unvote: Galzria
[/quote]

The broken quote may cause that to be a TWM vote. If unintended, you should unvote.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56  All

Page created in 2.546 seconds with 20 queries.