Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148128 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D2)
« Reply #425 on: August 09, 2017, 04:36:32 am »

Still poorly phrased really, but you get the idea hopefully ? Why did they not do what you expected them to do (kill me) ?

Yes - I get your meaning.

There are a lot of different reasons - but the one that jumps out the most is if they know Mod #3 is active and assume you were Watched.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 09, 2017, 04:41:55 am »

I'm sorry to be insistent about this, but what would those other reasons be ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 09, 2017, 04:43:01 am »

And by that I mean, setup-related reasons, not "scum thought gkrieg was a PR" reasons. There's the possibility of a doctor (similar to Watcher), but that's it right ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 09, 2017, 04:43:45 am »

Hi! Stopping by one last time before bed.

I was gonna answer Teproc's question for Galzria, but he beat me to it. He's also forgetting Doctor - there's a 75% chance one of the roles is in play, and you were their most likely patient/watchee. There's a lot to be gained from killing you, but the risk makes it not worth it. Makes sense to kill someone who nobody suspects and hasn't done anything remotely scummy yet.

I'm wondering if scum's going to try to do something like purposely no-night-kill to prove a fake doctor claim. With the cop dead night 1, it's definitely a very safe move now to fake a Universal Backup claim.

Teproc, thoughts on me?
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 09, 2017, 04:44:13 am »

Why? Because it's something I don't think scum would do.

Because I don't think I'll be lynched, which increases the likelihood we lynch scum - and if I am, I'm not a huge loss to town.

But I think I'm more believable claiming now then if / once a wagon starts on me. Claiming VT down the line won't save me - so might as well get it out now.
Of course you are aware that these are perfectly valid reasons for scum to claim as well? The only thing that changed really is that if you are town, scum can now PoE PRs better. You are definitely not less likely to be lynched, or more believable or anything. All this shows is you worrying more about the way you are perceived and not being lynched than you do about not giving scum more information.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 09, 2017, 04:45:12 am »

I was gonna answer Teproc's question for Galzria
It's generally bad practice to do that. If Teproc wanted your anwser, he would have asked for it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 09, 2017, 04:47:26 am »

@Skumpy: I would generally refrain from answering people's question for them. Which you didn't do I know, just noting it for the future.

As for thoughts on you, I have some, but I'll also advise you to worry less about that and more about who's scum. Not that you shouldn't worry about people thinking you're scum, but it seems to be your only worry right now.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 09, 2017, 04:50:46 am »

Notably, Watcher implies scum Rolestopper, meaning scum could have rolestopped Teproc and conveniently killed him.

The way I see it, either we have mod 1 and not mod 3 (which is the only case in which it is not safe for scum to kill Teproc) and that's why Teproc lives, or scum had a strong hunch gkrieg would be a PR and/or dangerous to them and prioritized getting him out of the way.

There is a chance that scum were worried that the Rolestopper could be roleblocked, but it's a stretch.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 09, 2017, 04:55:12 am »

I'm sorry to be insistent about this, but what would those other reasons be ?

Other reasons could be Doctor, yes. I was thinking non - setup related though. Not "They thought Gkriek was a PR's mind you - but more along the lines of maybe your reads are bad, or maybe they've felt like they can manipulate you, or maybe Gkrieg's reads were especially good, or even just for the sake of setting up any of the above lines of thought.

There's both setup reasons for not killing you and meta reasons for not killing you. I still thought it was more likely than not to have happened - but obviously I was wrong.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 09, 2017, 04:56:16 am »

Because I don't think I'll be lynched, which increases the likelihood we lynch scum - and if I am, I'm not a huge loss to town.

But I think I'm more believable claiming now then if / once a wagon starts on me. Claiming VT down the line won't save me - so might as well get it out now.
Of course you are aware that these are perfectly valid reasons for scum to claim as well? The only thing that changed really is that if you are town, scum can now PoE PRs better. You are definitely not less likely to be lynched, or more believable or anything. All this shows is you worrying more about the way you are perceived and not being lynched than you do about not giving scum more information.

I disagree

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 09, 2017, 04:59:59 am »

I disagree
What a shocker.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 09, 2017, 05:01:06 am »

I wanted to point out that RR is townie for his last-minute vote. I think scum!RR is more likely to let the deadline pass and force a no-lynch than to be the decisive vote on a town wagon.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 09, 2017, 05:03:38 am »

I disagree

Disagree how ? You've only listed survivalist reasons, which are alignment-neutral, are they not ?

@faust: Where do you think I was going with my line of questioning on Galz ?

@Everyone: Discussing these things is fine and productive, but a reminder to be careful not to show your knowledge (or lack thereof) of which modifications are present.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 09, 2017, 05:11:36 am »

Well, obviously his statement would be a lie if he's scum and actively made the decision to kill you, so you wanted to see if he could back it up with sound reasoning. Also there's an option in there to have him slip up on PR info that he cannot have.

I can only assume that you yourself weren't too surprised at still being alive. I know I didn't think it was a weird kill, but then I have been disengaged with the game for a couple of days.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 09, 2017, 05:20:43 am »

I disagree

Disagree how ? You've only listed survivalist reasons, which are alignment-neutral, are they not ?

@Everyone: Discussing these things is fine and productive, but a reminder to be careful not to show your knowledge (or lack thereof) of which modifications are present.

I disagree with faust's assessment because I think he's wrong. I don't believe there is a valid reason for scum to claim like I did, I do believe I'm less likely to bee lynched, I do believe we're more likely to lynch scum because of my claim, and I don't believe my claim will help scum find PR's.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 09, 2017, 05:25:55 am »

I don't believe there is a valid reason for scum to claim like I did, I do believe I'm less likely to bee lynched
These two points directly contract each other. If it makes you less likely to be lynched, then that's a perfectly valid reason for scum to claim like you did.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 09, 2017, 05:26:21 am »

I don't believe there is a valid reason for scum to claim like I did, I do believe I'm less likely to bee lynched
These two points directly contradict each other. If it makes you less likely to be lynched, then that's a perfectly valid reason for scum to claim like you did.
EBWOP

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 09, 2017, 05:27:13 am »

I don't believe my claim will help scum find PR's.
So you probably also believe Teproc's IC status doesn't help us finding scum...

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 09, 2017, 05:34:15 am »

Fuck.

I'm gonna claim. Don't know if it's good or not - but fuck.

I'm a Good Memory, VT.

Why ?

Because I believe it is pro town.
I don't
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 09, 2017, 05:36:01 am »

regardless of who died at night (assumed it would be you, but didn't know).

Can you expand on that a bit ?

I assumed scum would shoot the IC
Why
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 09, 2017, 05:42:28 am »

These two points directly contradict each other. If it makes you less likely to be lynched, then that's a perfectly valid reason for scum to claim like you did.

Again, I disagree. My goal as scum is to win, not avoid lynch on D2. I believe that as scum I have much stronger plays down the road by keeping silent now - at the very least my doors are open. Town doesn't have that option unless town lies, which does have it's merits albeit few. Locking myself in now hurts my scum game far more than it helps - especially as I wasn't likely to be lynched coming in to today anyway. As scum, this is all incredibly wrong.

Mafia Record:

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 09, 2017, 05:48:54 am »

I think faust's position on Galz's claim is clear (and Galz's answers to that), we can move on. Don't think we want this to dominate the discussion right now (meaning faust v Galz, I do think other people coming in should share their thoughts on Galz's claim obviously). There's a lot of D1 stuff to talk about.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 09, 2017, 07:33:58 am »

Vote: jake
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 09, 2017, 07:40:27 am »

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 09, 2017, 08:34:45 am »

Vote: jake
This seems fun and I might have to join you.

In other news, Galz has been saying over and over that 'it's not something scum would do.' This is obviously a terrible argument, because playing well as scum requires you doing things that people don't thinl scum would do. So why is his logic so bad? Either he's town or didn't plan this claim out very well. I don't know that much about Galz's playstyle but I'm pretty sure he's a vet, so I think he planned this out. I still don't want to give him townpoints for doing that though.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56  All

Page created in 2.055 seconds with 20 queries.