Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M105: Time Management Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 148144 times)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (D1)
« Reply #325 on: August 06, 2017, 01:25:05 am »

I've got a really busy morning. Probably won't be on at deadline. FYI
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 06, 2017, 02:51:24 am »

Vote: Robz

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 06, 2017, 03:42:10 am »

On my phone, rereading and taking notes in this tab.

Skumpy first post is an interesting one. It definitely reads as something newbie town would say, but it has almost too much newbieness in it. Saying that people can read him like a book when he is scum, and asking questions are two things I would definitely coach a newbie to do. I know he has read some old games, because I have seen him reading old games (creepy, I know). 

So he is definitely someone to keep an eye on.

I still think galz is pretty scummy for the post where he says that Andrew is playing like he does as scum.

Also there isn't a better way than quoting into a new tab and then copy paste. If you hold down control in a new tab and then click and type axw then paste into your other tab, that is what I do.

Even skumpy in #84 shows he really knows quite a bit about mafia, and even about mafia on our forum.

Man he is either one of my favorite new players, or is just really talented scum trying to say he is a complete newb.

Faust seems like town.

Not so sure about his town read on Andrew. It is pretty easy to obsess about something to look townie. I think I'm paranoid today...

I REALLY don't like galz in 102. Very scummy way to call someone else scummy

Robz also is pretty scummy for how he disagrees with the galz wagon.

Don't really like TWM's answers for not liking the wagons D1.

Chairs really does feel very townie here.

Galz has a townier defense later in the day. Not as keen on lynching him.
Not sure what to think of the joke in 153. Skumpy saying a joke about the scum QT just sounds a little off for how little he has joked before.

Andrew's thing that galz points out definitely lessens my town read on him.

Andrew/TWM makes me think TWM is town just purely based off of tone drone TWM.

Uh, Jakes entrance is pretty scummy. Doesn't really comment on any of the big things, while not giving a great reason for his Faust vote.

Ok at 200, posting so I don't lose it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 06, 2017, 04:06:11 am »

I'm not sure how to take XX's lurking. There have been some great newbies that lurk then come through and have great reads, so I'm waiting for that great reads moment.

Even skumpy's defense is pretty townie, but could be manufactured. It is like he is too townie!  He like does every townie thing ever.

I don't like that Robz case on Jake is so open ended, and doesn't have that great of reasoning.

I don't really like XX's case on skumpy. Doesn't seem very genuine to me.

I like TWM's defense of skumpy. Definitely good reasoning that shows he has been trying to get real reads on people.

So, town are TWM, chairs, skumpy, tentatively Faust, galz, Andrew

Scum are RR, Jake, and probably XX?  Could also be Robz, or datswan.

I think that is everyone?

Actually XX's kind of defense of Jake where he looks for reasons of me makes me feel better about them being both scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 06, 2017, 04:07:18 am »

So I really want to lynch Jake, would also go for Robz or XX. RR doesn't feel super duper scummy to me yet, even though I think he is on the team for lurking.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M105: Time Management Mafia (N0!)
« Reply #330 on: August 06, 2017, 05:10:41 am »

Vote Count 1.4

faust (1): Roadrunner7671
Robz888 (3): Galzria, chairs, Xxraptorslayer96
JaketheBaseballGod22 (5): faust, Robz888, The_Wine_Merchant, Skumpy, gkrieg13
Skumpy (1): JaketheBaseballGod22

Not voting (3): DatSwan, Teproc, AndrewisFTTW

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends Sunday, August 6 at 1:00 pm forum time. I am VLA till tomorrow,
 so the twilight will be quite long, sorry for any inconvenience.

Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 06, 2017, 06:00:06 am »

First off, I need to apologize to you XX, I did a horrible job of continuing our chat. Yeah, it takes some time to get used to it - there's so many and yet so few text edit buttons. It took me a while to figure out how to link to a tab without copy/pasting the entire url.

It's currently about 3 in the morning my time, the lynch is in 7 hours. I'll try to be around then, but I could oversleep and I'll be groggy if I do make it. I'll do my best though!

I'll do some addressing in the direction of gkrieg. Yep, I've been spending a lot of time lurking on the forums lately, especially in the mafia games (I don't know if the 'creepy' was for you and me, but it's definitely very creepy of me). I should probably be working, but I have no attention span whatsoever. Hopefully for my sake, I'll start spending less time once summer break ends (since I've never done an official intro, if you hadn't already guessed that I'm one of the younger ones here, I'm 20 years old - I'll get around to the introductions thread later).

I didn't know much about the mafia here before like a month ago, now I do. Probably never would've joined, but M100 was too crazy to not inspire me. But I don't really read through posts that much at all - the lynches and the reveals are the fun part. Most of my pre-formed notions of players' skills are based on how long they've been active on f.ds, which corresponds well for the most part to their experience with mafia.

This is my freebie game - nobody knows anything about how I play, they just have to believe me when I say I'm town. After this game when you find out I am indeed telling the truth, you'll have a baseline for me and will indeed have an easy time trusting me when I'm town and immediately seeing through my weak deceptions when I'm skum. I just need you all to go out on a limb for me this once. So when you say 'I do every townie thing ever'...yeah, it's cause I'm a bad liar so there will be a very clear difference between Skumpy and Skummy Skumpy. If you (anyone-you, not gkrieg-you) don't think I'm town after my post where I basically spilled my life story on an internet forum whereas I never have IRL, then you're just a heartless bastard   :) :)

In defense of XX, if he has little previous experience and doesn't know how to approach it, then I'd make for a very reasonable and sensible first accusation. Which is not at all to say he is in fact town, but I can see rational in it if he is.

Now for the upcoming lynch:

I also really like the way TWM approached it all in #321. I really do hope he's town because he's done a masterful job otherwise arguing his side. Gkrieg got his back, which I'd think would either confirm my hopes or pinpoint them both as scum...I'd think the former's more likely (note I didn't say that necessarily means gkrieg would be town, but I'd lean that way). As a newbie town player, I've done some thinking with regards to TWM's using-Skumpy's-wagon-to-judge plan, and I've had some ideas:

That a scum could gain some trust by an accurate, early, yet undefended, town read off an active newbie

That they wouldn't be aware how different/strange/suspiciously skummy Skumpy is at the time of the post

That they wouldn't have had the foresight to start a lynch mob on him

And when the lynch mob does start, they can pledge their support to cast suspicion on someone else, and make a vote that's very justified

And when a defense is made and the wagon breaks down, they lose all interest in furthering discussion either towards town or skum

All of which matches up very nicely with one person in particular...

Vote: Robz

Still totally fine with a Jake lynch, but I'm more partial to Robz I think. If I'm alive for day 2, the other's my first first pick for a lynch then. I'll try to be around at the deadline, but I can't make promises. Best of luck to everybody - may we all see each other in the morning safely!
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 06, 2017, 06:00:31 am »

Also, I promise to make an effort to write shorter posts.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 06, 2017, 10:42:50 am »

I'm keeping my vote on Jake, this is my preferred lynch right now. Will not be around much today, but will try to check back in before deadline.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 06, 2017, 10:59:41 am »

Deadline in 2 hours. I'll be there... rereading Jake and Robz right now. With Jake being a virtual vote on Robz (since he'll vote there if he has to for self-preservation), both wagons are at L-2.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 06, 2017, 11:09:39 am »

Alright, I know who I'd vote for between the two. I'll be around until deadline if my vote is needed.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 06, 2017, 11:24:17 am »

I'm content with Robz and will have ZERO access over the next 8 hours.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 06, 2017, 11:24:42 am »

Jake is a superior lynch to Robz. Robz will at least answer questions directed at him. Jake just tries to slide in and avoid being noticed. Even if he is town that is horrible.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 06, 2017, 11:26:57 am »

And FoS to RR for still being on faust

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 06, 2017, 11:28:07 am »

Why RR more than DatSwan and Andrew ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 06, 2017, 11:34:25 am »

FWIW, I do agree with the general idea that people need to be getting on one of the two wagons. I specifically would want DatSwan.

@Galz/XXraptor: Is DatSwan still V/LA ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 06, 2017, 11:34:52 am »

want DatSwan to show up/vote* is how the sentence above was supposed to go.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 06, 2017, 11:35:55 am »

Because if he (?) was going to be V/LA for literally all of D1, it would have been worth asking for an extension, but it's too late for that I guess.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 06, 2017, 11:36:11 am »

Why RR more than DatSwan and Andrew ?
I thought he had posted since I talked with him about still being on Faust. But he hasn't posted since the post i responded to. Which is still bad, but not as bad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 06, 2017, 12:08:38 pm »

Deadline in less than an hour, people.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 06, 2017, 12:08:54 pm »

This day is really hard with so many lurkers and VLAers. I am basically willing to lynch anyone that hasn't posted in the last 24 hours.

Just vote Jake everyone that comes online in the next hour.

If Jake were town, or playing the game, maybe he would actually answer the questions he is asked and post with at regular intervals instead of offering up this:

Let's unvotefor now at least.

@Jake: How is TWM bein weird and why does that make you think he's town ?

Skumpy: Who do you think is scum ?

PPE: 2
He's null to me this game so far which is slightly wierd because I usually have a very strong read on him one way or another.
I am not confident you are even reading my posts at this point.
I am

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2017, 12:09:14 pm »

Hi Teproc.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 06, 2017, 12:11:04 pm »

Hi Teproc.

I'll vote, don't worry. But I want the people currently absent to make their choice without knowing which lynch is more likely. Pointless if they're both town, but very relevant if one is scum.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2017, 12:14:06 pm »

Hi Teproc.

I'll vote, don't worry. But I want the people currently absent to make their choice without knowing which lynch is more likely. Pointless if they're both town, but very relevant if one is scum.
Oh sure. My posts don't apply to you obviously. :) If Skumpy hadn't left Jake I would be much more confident that we would get a lynch, I think that was an unfortunate choice on his part. I've got to leave in a bit as well, so hopefully people (basically anyone at this point) show up.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 06, 2017, 12:16:11 pm »

Of course if no one ever shows up, it's pointless anyway, as one vote does not a lynch make. So you know, show up people !

Is there no one there aside from me and TWM ? I should have foreseen this I suppose, sundays are always tough.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56  All

Page created in 2.419 seconds with 20 queries.