Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Game of Thrones (show) [spoiler warning]

<< < (2/34) > >>

mcmcsalot:

--- Quote from: Robz888 on July 17, 2017, 12:39:56 pm ---Unlike mcmc, I did actually like the drama in the north just fine. Jon and Sansa aren't opposed to each other, but they're not always on the same page, and the show has done a good job of setting that up: of course Sansa cares more about King's Landing stuff, she's never actually seen the White Walkers or zombies, whereas of course Jon cares more about the Night's King, he's existed outside traditional dynasty politics. And it makes sense for Sansa to feel a little slighted by Jon becoming king, and she's clearly been influenced by both Cersei and Littlefinger. I even found it totally believable for Sansa to think disinheriting the Karstarks and Umbers was right, and for Jon to disagree. So there was a lot of northern tension that I thought was surprisingly well grounded in believable conflict.

--- End quote ---
I guess I should elaborate, I loved all of that scene. It was specifically after when they are walking outside and Sansa says she thinks John is really good at this, she just delivers the line really genuinely only to really feel the opposite and I think her character is supposed to feel like she would be doing a better job. I may be off on where the show wants her character to go but I really think they are setting her up to make a power play against John and so some of these kind "I'm worried about you and don't want you to end up like rob and Ned" statements are going to fly in the face of that. And I really didn't get she acted so old toward littlefinger it seems like she doesn't like him and thinks he just wants to get with her, but then she should be pretty happy because she's got him wrapped around her finger and not all annoyed like his prescence is a problem.

mcmcsalot:
Side grumble didn't it take like months to get from the wall to the third eyed raven with hodor carying bran and somehow girl reed dragged bran all the way back the the wall in an evening?

Robz888:

--- Quote from: mcmcsalot on July 17, 2017, 01:54:05 pm ---Side grumble didn't it take like months to get from the wall to the third eyed raven with hodor carying bran and somehow girl reed dragged bran all the way back the the wall in an evening?

--- End quote ---

Uncle Benjen helped! But yes the show increasingly takes great liberties with geography. Varys went all the way from Mereen to Dorne and back to meet up with the fleet before it reached Dragonstone, Arya went from Braavos to the Twins in an episode, yet somehow it took Sam an entire season to get to Oldtown? Plus everybody moves around the north like it's no big deal, when in reality the north is gigantic and the Wall isn't anywhere near Winterfell.

2.71828.....:
And here we have a thread where two brothers engage in a public discussion of game of thrones.

mcmcsalot:

--- Quote from: 2.71828..... on July 17, 2017, 03:14:41 pm ---And here we have a thread where two brothers engage in a public discussion of game of thrones.

--- End quote ---
Well it would be great if other people joined in and the forum is easier to structure long form discussion than text so there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version