Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ambassador wiki  (Read 2809 times)

DooWopDJ

• Golem
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
Ambassador wiki
« on: June 12, 2017, 02:54:42 pm »
+1

Wiki states '... Ambassadoring the Coppers decreases the chance your opponent will Ambassador you two Estates while increasing your own chances for the same...'

I read this as I would get 2 Estates.  But is the intent of the statement that the opponent will return 2 Estates to the Supply so that you would get 1 Estate?

-Thanks
-DooWopDJ

Loempiaverkoper

• Scout
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
Re: Ambassador wiki
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 03:27:12 pm »
+1

Hello, Hello

full wiki statement:
The most common Ambassador dilemma early on is drawing it with 3 Copper + 1 Estate. Contrary to popular practice, Ambassadoring 2 Coppers (rather than 1 Estate) is the best play; deck-thinning is, at this point, more important than a marginal increase in your attack. Moreover, Ambassadoring the Coppers decreases the chance your opponent will Ambassador you two Estates while increasing your own chances for the same.

I read this as I would get 2 Estates.  But is the intent of the statement that the opponent will return 2 Estates to the Supply so that you would get 1 Estate?

Note that the wiki statement is about tactical advice, not about rules. The rules are you can return 0,1, or 2 of the same name cards to the supply. Afterwards opponents get 1 copy of a card by that name from the supply.

What the wiki advice is about is: if you can choose between returning 2 coppers or 1 estate you should choose to return 2 coppers. The line you quoted simply says that if your opponent gets more copper in his deck he is less likely to get a hand with amb+2 estates and that you are more likely to get this hand because you have less copper and your deck is thinner than when you would've returned only one card.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 04:19:04 pm »

You could just edit the wiki page and remove the "you" in that statement which would already fix the confusion in my opinion.

DooWopDJ

• Golem
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 02:09:30 pm »

Could someone recommend how to rephrase this strategy statement so that it is clear on what the strategy is trying to present?
I can edit the wikipage if I know how to rephrase that sentence.
-Thanks
-DooWopDJ

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 04:57:13 pm »

Just remove the word "you" from the phrase "Ambassador you two Estates", as Qvist suggested, and it is clear.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.