Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M102: Cats Mafia game ouevre  (Read 131108 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M102: Cats Mafia; new thread, D1
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2017, 06:26:57 pm »

Vote: faust

This is a strange vote

TWM, what do you not like about faust's little case? You can hardly do better at this stage of the game.

Why are you considering Faust's post to be serious?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2017, 07:59:24 pm »

Vote: faust

This is a strange vote

TWM, what do you not like about faust's little case? You can hardly do better at this stage of the game.

Why are you considering Faust's post to be serious?

I guess it doesn't have to be, but I love a good overblown early D1 case. I make them (or I used to) all the time
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2017, 09:50:43 pm »

Yeah, I'd like to ask Faust if that was serious or not. Because it seemed pretty good but the tone seemed sarcastic. Of course it's hard to tell sarcasm from text, so that's why I'm asking.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2017, 10:07:51 pm »

Yeah, I'd like to ask Faust if that was serious or not. Because it seemed pretty good but the tone seemed sarcastic. Of course it's hard to tell sarcasm from text, so that's why I'm asking.

Vote: J Reggie

For caring so much about something so unimportant.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2017, 10:32:45 pm »

Of all the reasons to vote for me...

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2017, 10:48:13 pm »

What are the other reasons?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2017, 04:38:29 am »

Would it change your read on Robz if you know whether I was serious? Would it change your read on me?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2017, 07:26:05 am »

Last I heard this was supposed to start in about 2 hours from now so imagine my surprise...

I don't like the early massclaim idea at all. I don't think I ever will. I suppose f.ds has to do a D1 massclaim someday but hopefully not in a game I am in.

The question I always struggle with is whether or not scum goes for massclaim out of the gate. I don't think they do but I don't think they try to dissuade it either. Massclaiming always begins to make more sense once we have a few flips to form some constraints and preferably some undivulged results to leverage not only because PRs are now outed but also to aid in trapping scum fake claims.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: M102: Cats Mafia; new thread, N0
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2017, 07:31:12 am »

Look, he has three posts:

So, closed setups, always a gamble. We don't know how many Mafia, do we? SK? Werewolves?
The first: SK hunting.

Disagree. First off, hunting SK is equivalent to hunting scum so what's the problem there? More importantly this looks way more about getting someone with more knowledge than town to accidentally slip their hand.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2017, 07:35:24 am »

SK hunting is a tried and tested scumtell that is scumtellier than any other scumtell that has ever been scumtold.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2017, 07:47:48 am »

SK hunting is a tried and tested scumtell that is scumtellier than any other scumtell that has ever been scumtold.

Sources, or should we just accept you as the authority? My last experience with scumtelling was divulging I knew more of the setup than a townie possibly could. I was summarily lynched for good reason; there couldn't possibly have been a bigger scumtell.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2017, 08:01:09 am »

This discussion isn't really helping at all.

Wanna post some reads?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2017, 08:23:38 am »

Wanna post some reads?

You clearly posted that case to garner interaction. I still can't tell how much conviction you have of your own case but you're getting interaction around it which is helpful. I'm not following how you would illicit interaction then try to shut it down. I'm working out a read right now but you're making it difficult to form one coherently due to your duplicitous attitude about your own case.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2017, 08:28:24 am »

I'm surprised why anyone is taking fausts case as "not serious". I mean it's early day one but I didn't get any sarcasm out of his posts. I also think the case is decent though I agree with pps that I don't think scum!robz suggests a massclaim right out of the gate.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2017, 08:31:18 am »

I'm surprised why anyone is taking fausts case as "not serious". I mean it's early day one but I didn't get any sarcasm out of his posts. I also think the case is decent though I agree with pps that I don't think scum!robz suggests a massclaim right out of the gate.

What about the notion that SK hunting is somehow a scumtell and not what it says on the tin, namely scum hunting?

Right now the only valid point I see in the case is the buddying.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2017, 08:33:35 am »

Do you have better reasons to vote for you in mind?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2017, 08:34:26 am »

Because rolefishing and SK hunting are not really valid foundations for a case.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2017, 08:46:28 am »

Wanna post some reads?

You clearly posted that case to garner interaction. I still can't tell how much conviction you have of your own case but you're getting interaction around it which is helpful. I'm not following how you would illicit interaction then try to shut it down. I'm working out a read right now but you're making it difficult to form one coherently due to your duplicitous attitude about your own case.
I posted a read on Robz and backed it up. You dogded formulating any reads of your own and instead try to build an argument based on a tangential theory disagreement, the main purpose of which seems to be to distract from the question at hand, namely whether Robz is actually scum.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2017, 08:49:20 am »

Vote: WW
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2017, 09:41:42 am »

Would it change your read on Robz if you know whether I was serious? Would it change your read on me?

Just you.

I'm always scummy.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2017, 09:43:37 am »

Because rolefishing and SK hunting are not really valid foundations for a case.

But they're the best scumtells we have. Although I guess it's cats mafia so fishing is to be expected.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2017, 09:49:33 am »

Wanna post some reads?

I posted a read on Robz and backed it up. You dogded formulating any reads of your own and instead try to build an argument based on a tangential theory disagreement, the main purpose of which seems to be to distract from the question at hand, namely whether Robz is actually scum.

I am not dodging formulating reads. I'm just not gung-ho about shitting reads out based on little to no information. Granted this may be a weakness of mine as my correct lynch stats are atrocious and often I spend the first couple of days either off wagon or sheeping a mislynch wagon. By the time I get my wits about me I am NK'd.

Still, this is an unfair a characterization and an intentional obfuscation. I have clearly been debating your arguments surrounding whether or not Robz is scum. I'll be crystal clear here and say that I don't read him as scum. I still put him null. Furthermore, to me, this is more about whether or not you are town for this line of reasoning or more likely to be scum. I am easily biased when people agree with me but I am not too prone to OMGUS in disagreements because, well, everyone basically disagrees with me all the time. You seem more interested in trying to characterize my play as scummy without outright saying it which is far scummier to me than the initial thing on Robz.

I don't really have any issues with your initial case on Robz (the fact you made it, not the points made) but I'm not liking at all your inability to defend your points without attacking. In case you're having trouble parsing this; this qualifies as formulating a read.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2017, 09:52:31 am »

I'm always scummy.

Seriously though, you didn't think my vote was valid. So what should I be voting you for instead?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2017, 09:58:22 am »

vote: J Reggie

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2017, 10:04:12 am »

Wanna post some reads?

I am not dodging formulating reads. I'm just not gung-ho about shitting reads out based on little to no information. Granted this may be a weakness of mine as my correct lynch stats are atrocious and often I spend the first couple of days either off wagon or sheeping a mislynch wagon. By the time I get my wits about me I am NK'd.

So  you're a .... scaredy cat?

Also why would you get NKd if you are helping mislynches?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53  All

Page created in 2.55 seconds with 21 queries.