Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Looking for dominion play partners  (Read 1064 times)

BrTarolg

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Looking for dominion play partners
« on: February 12, 2012, 10:20:08 am »

Hey,

I recently got into isotropic a while ago, i've been climbing the ladder slowly (i think i'm level 13 now after about 120~ games)

I'm looking for some potentially more experienced (or as experienced) players to help me with my game, - in particular just some play partners. I find that i learn the best if i play a board or kingdom i'm not sure of 2-3 times to try out the different strategies to see what works

I guess if you want to contact me, just send me an email (brtarolg at gmail.com). I'm usually playing most weekends and most evenings, sometimes in the afternoon when work is a bit slow

Id like some people who i can just play and then discuss strategy afterwards, maybe over skype?

I kind of want to get really good at the game haha

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Looking for dominion play partners
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:23:04 am »

If you have the spare time, I think the best learning tool there is for advanced play are the commentated videos.  There are a whole bunch of them on the DS Youtube channel:

Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for dominion play partners
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 12:48:44 pm »

And if you want to use it as a learning tool, pause the videos at certain points and wonder what you would do in that situation. You could pause at the beginning when you see the kingdom and make a plan yourself and see if the player does what you thought.

An added bonus is that these players generally play against high lvl opponents, so you can also see how they play the kingdoms.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.289 seconds with 20 queries.