Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

the possession errata is the worst thing to happen to dominion in ages

<< < (2/11) > >>

Limetime:
I wish you could like ban 5 cards from rated games.

Chris is me:
I agree Possession is just an unfun card to play with and is too often unbalanced.

I think Bishop, Goons, Monument, and Baker being counters to it, and now not being counters to it, really didn't change anything.

LastFootnote:
I think Possession would be fine if it were only once per turn. But that's more words on the wordiest card in the game.

LastFootnote:

--- Quote from: LastFootnote on May 25, 2017, 10:52:25 pm ---I think Possession would be fine if it were only once per turn. But that's more words on the wordiest card in the game.
--- End quote ---

Man, I just came up with a nice word-saving, time-machine fix for Possession.

"The player to your left takes an extra turn after this one, in which you can see all cards they can and make all decisions for them. They can't trash cards on that turn, and any cards or tokens they would gain, you gain instead."

…with the understanding that "can't" always trumps "do". That should leave room for a "If this is the first time you played Possession this turn" clause.

"If this is the first time you played Possession this turn, the player to your left takes an extra turn after this one, in which you can see all cards they can and make all decisions for them. They can't trash cards on that turn, and any cards or tokens they would gain, you gain instead."

Yep, still shorter than the original (errata-ed) version.

liopoil:
I think the biggest problem is the mechanic itself... Dominion is full of edge-cases, but there's no reason that there has to be an edge case to the rule "You play your own turns". Imagine all the other cool cost cards that could have existed instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version