Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]  All

Author Topic: RMM43: Smallville Mafia (Game Over. Scum wins)  (Read 133451 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM43: Smallville Mafia (Game Over. Scum wins)
« Reply #1450 on: July 01, 2017, 06:20:22 pm »

Also when Joseph was lynched, I was planning on putting something in the flavor that the hero had died, and that scum had more power, but then when he was janitored, it got awkward to write flavor, because the main character of the story was dead, but I couldn't say that...

luckat

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: luckat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: July 01, 2017, 06:50:39 pm »

Congrats to the scum team! You all did really well.

Name change in 2013 at mafiascum.

No issue here, as I assuming the role qt was clear.
Yeah, it was clear, and I was paying more attention to the role qt than the description of the role name on mafiascum. I figured the best way for me to use my role was to try to redirect away from who I thought might be killed and to who I thought might be scum, but apparently I'm bad at guessing night kills.

I'm really sorry to everyone that I did such a bad job of staying caught up with the game.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: July 01, 2017, 06:53:20 pm »

Yeah, it was clear, and I was paying more attention to the role qt than the description of the role name on mafiascum. I figured the best way for me to use my role was to try to redirect away from who I thought might be killed and to who I thought might be scum, but apparently I'm bad at guessing night kills.

I'm really sorry to everyone that I did such a bad job of staying caught up with the game.

You were a really good player though!  I hope you'll come back and play another game!

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: July 01, 2017, 06:56:47 pm »

I figured the best way for me to use my role was to try to redirect away from who I thought might be killed and to who I thought might be scum, but apparently I'm bad at guessing night kills.
i entirely thought teproc was going to be the nightkill as well (i watched him) and rr was in fact scum so i would say you did the best you could have
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

luckat

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: luckat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: July 01, 2017, 07:40:00 pm »

You were a really good player though!  I hope you'll come back and play another game!
Thanks. I might try another one if I think I can do better now that I've tried once.

I figured the best way for me to use my role was to try to redirect away from who I thought might be killed and to who I thought might be scum, but apparently I'm bad at guessing night kills.
i entirely thought teproc was going to be the nightkill as well (i watched him) and rr was in fact scum so i would say you did the best you could have
fair point

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: July 01, 2017, 07:42:39 pm »

Good game guys
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 01, 2017, 07:43:10 pm »

Good game guys
u can go ahead and heck off
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 01, 2017, 07:47:13 pm »

Good game guys
u can go ahead and heck off
Oi m8 if you wanted to lynch me you shouldn't have died

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 01, 2017, 07:54:12 pm »

i did want to lynch you and i still died so your conjecture is faulty

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 01, 2017, 11:41:39 pm »

Darn, the thread always gets so quiet at this time of night

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 02, 2017, 11:42:14 am »

I really wanted to lynch you, RR. I should have pushed harder for that before dying. Do we know why I died yet?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 02, 2017, 11:43:08 am »

I really wanted to lynch you, RR. I should have pushed harder for that before dying. Do we know why I died yet?
We killed you!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 02, 2017, 11:43:42 am »

We killed you!
Yeah, You should take it as a compliment.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 02, 2017, 11:56:20 am »

We killed you!
Yeah, You should take it as a compliment.

Yeah, getting killed N1 feels awful, but it usually means you were really townie and scum felt threatened by you. In other words, you were playing really well
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 02, 2017, 12:42:57 pm »

Did you see the post from gkrieg just after the game ended that had links to the various QTs?

If you look at the mafia one, it was Haddock who first suggested you as the kill, and me as a good lynch target...

Speccy https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/6YwAYSh2pwe

Mafia https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/yKcUv6RzRznv

Mod https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/3sqU35Ss99P
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 02, 2017, 02:31:59 pm »

Did you see the post from gkrieg just after the game ended that had links to the various QTs?

If you look at the mafia one, it was Haddock who first suggested you as the kill, and me as a good lynch target...

Speccy https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/6YwAYSh2pwe

Mafia https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/yKcUv6RzRznv

Mod https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/3sqU35Ss99P

Thank you!

Haddooooooock! *shakes fist*

Last Q from me: what does 'hated' mean?  My guess is it takes one fewer vote to lynch?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 02, 2017, 02:33:16 pm »

yes

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 03, 2017, 03:17:56 pm »

Reading through the speccy. Very entertaining watching all the spectators absolutely nail the scum team. :P

Teproc in particular has me down:
"Haddock's 'subjective' defence very weak."
Yep. It was the strongest part of e's claim, my play D1 was awful. I had no better counter than 'ah, e, you're just imagining things, totally subjective.' :P

"Haddock keeps saying 'Faust and x are scum' then voting x. "
Yep, I overdid the bus d1, didn't want to do it more. Plus people were already tying us together, so risking his lynch was not worth it for the distancing; it wouldn't have distanced us, just made me a likelier lynch.
I got away with it once so kept doing it.

Space's comment /m99 about me and Faust being super scummy for lynching space, well yes.
I think at that point we were both happy to out ourselves, it was worth it for the likelihood that we would win the game.
With e being governor it was very likely that a mislynch meant a win for us, no matter what.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 03, 2017, 03:37:20 pm »

MVP goes to faust!

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 03, 2017, 06:02:19 pm »

Reading through the speccy. Very entertaining watching all the spectators absolutely nail the scum team. :P

Teproc in particular has me down:
"Haddock's 'subjective' defence very weak."
Yep. It was the strongest part of e's claim, my play D1 was awful. I had no better counter than 'ah, e, you're just imagining things, totally subjective.' :P

"Haddock keeps saying 'Faust and x are scum' then voting x. "
Yep, I overdid the bus d1, didn't want to do it more. Plus people were already tying us together, so risking his lynch was not worth it for the distancing; it wouldn't have distanced us, just made me a likelier lynch.
I got away with it once so kept doing it.

Space's comment /m99 about me and Faust being super scummy for lynching space, well yes.
I think at that point we were both happy to out ourselves, it was worth it for the likelihood that we would win the game.
With e being governor it was very likely that a mislynch meant a win for us, no matter what.

Had I not been blinded by my bad Joseph scumread, you were really my leading candidate. I should know by now that it's never the top scumread taht's the good one.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.