Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 418740 times)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 2
« Reply #1825 on: May 22, 2017, 10:45:56 pm »

O, would you consider white knighting/buddying me if you were scum and I was town?

if you were town?
Ugh. You are so townie and then you key on things like this for some reason.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: May 22, 2017, 10:47:15 pm »

O, would you consider white knighting/buddying me if you were scum and I was town?

if you were town?

What do you mean?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: May 22, 2017, 10:54:11 pm »

Probably? If I were scum I'd probably post less overall (though still a lot) and pick a few to hard-focus as scum.

O are you voting for someone right now?

Space, because the way they put themselves thru the scum perspective was quite fishy to me, mostly was sheeping.. LaLights argument? I think.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: May 22, 2017, 10:54:31 pm »

if you were town?

What do you mean?
I mean. That we all know that the "if I was town" makes it look like RR is implying that he isn't town right now. But clearly he isn't saying that. He is creating a hypothetical for O who doesn't know whether RR is town or not. So it isn't an indication of alignment at all. At there is little no value to pointing it out. Certainly much less than whatever it was that you were giving me a bunch of shit about earlier today.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: May 22, 2017, 10:55:23 pm »

if you were town?

What do you mean?

He placed the conditional on me being scum not on him being town, so this is about the worst attempt at a "scumslip" in existence.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: May 22, 2017, 10:59:58 pm »

if you were town?
I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: May 23, 2017, 12:29:52 am »

Wow. Not sure if Cuzz is pointing stuff out like that because he's trying to find things to frame others or if he just doesn't have any idea what to expect playing with RR.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now, but tomorrow I'm going to start reading some of the individuals that seem most likely to be scum (or at least easiest to determine whether or not they are scum). Stay tuned.

I do want to point out, I don't know why people are saying my so-called inactivity was scummy. I was active--not leading in the posts counts, but I was at least in the middle third--then had a stated VLA that lasted into N1 since the day ended early. FoS on people using that as a lazy crutch to fabricate a read.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: May 23, 2017, 12:59:08 am »

Reads

A lot of the time I slap reads together, but instead I’m gonna give points. You get 1 to 10 points based on scummy action, and -1 to -10 points based on towny action. Lurking counts as nothing, so that’s cool. I’ll show my work too.

Except, lurking counts as everything the way you are making these reads. The more you post, the more opportunity you have to do both townie or scummy things. LaLight only has a score that high because he is very active (and scummy according to you).

Andrew has done only scummy things.... But it was just one thing so he is 6th from the bottom.

I do like this technique of yours, now just go back and create a hyperlink to the post for each score and it would be perfect
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: May 23, 2017, 01:17:41 am »

Reads

A lot of the time I slap reads together, but instead I’m gonna give points. You get 1 to 10 points based on scummy action, and -1 to -10 points based on towny action. Lurking counts as nothing, so that’s cool. I’ll show my work too.

Space 1,
LaLight 2 3 1 1 1 4 5 1 5 1 1
Iguanaiguana-0 -1 -1 -2
Cuzz -1 -1 -1 -1 1 1 -2 1 2 1 2
O 1 -1 1 -1 1 -1 -2 2 1 1
2.7 -2 1 -1
Mcmcsalot 2 2 1 3 5
PPS -1 -3 -1
Andrew 1
TWM 2 -1 -1 3 1 1 1
Eevee 3 1 1 1
Jake 2 1
Faust -1 1 6 4 1 2
Ashersky -1 -1 1 -1 -1
Awaclus -4

I only got through page 23, but let’s assess.

So:
Lalight: 25
Mcmcsalot: 13
Faust: 13
TWM: 6
Eevee: 6
Jake: 3
Cuzz: 2
O: 2
Space: 1
Andrew: 1
2.7: -2
Ashersky: -3
Iguanaiguana: -4
Awaclus: -4
PPS: -5
Vote LaLight. As Calamitas would say, 'numbers don't lie.'

Why is only 15 people here? Where is Dylan and Galzria?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: May 23, 2017, 03:33:55 am »

I think there is a distinction between "let's not lynch the most active players" and "let's lynch a lurker". I would have guessed that Reggie would have been on the lower half of post count, which i would guess has a higher than average amount of scum. The reggie vote was prettt much just wagoning someone i thought wasn't towny, which is also why i unvoted later - it was a flimsy vote and i didn't want to see that lynch go through in the end.

The buddying is just me legitimately thinking it's so cool to play with you after all this time.
I frankly doubt there is any evidence to support this.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: May 23, 2017, 03:36:28 am »

faust - Null. Seems a little less present than usual.
Unfortunately, the number of players in this games means the ratio of faust posts per total posts drops.

I have also been consciously not posting stuff that did not seem very helpful.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: May 23, 2017, 03:42:02 am »

So basically iguana is suspicious of those playing the game. Most suspicious of those most playing the game. Those that aren't really playing at all are probably town and should be allowed to play one day.
Really I like that better than the plethora of people who suggest it's the other way around.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: May 23, 2017, 03:47:05 am »

This might be off topic, but I'd bet all my coins in that weird d&d game that whoever got first bid went for the hammer hero, regardless of alignment.

I'll take the bet.
Me too

I am not splitting his money with you.
I'll take 22%
I'll take 90-93%. That's the tax on fake currency bets in the forum games subforum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: May 23, 2017, 03:53:18 am »

Was there a reason the results from N1 might have surprised you?
Have have not forgotten this by the way, I'm just not sure yet if and what I want to respond.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: May 23, 2017, 04:06:01 am »

I have also been consciously not posting stuff that did not seem very helpful.

I don't think we can be friends

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: May 23, 2017, 05:06:50 am »

*****Conclusion Here, Read fully if you desire***
I really don't like how Eevee has tied himself to me throughout d1. Between posts #245, and #977, combined with the sheeping onto Reggie and LaLight I do feel like he's setting me up to be a mislynch/Vig target should he ever die (assuming he flips scum). If he's town, I don't really know how to explain his play. - I'm definitely more in the scum!Eevee camp than I am in town!Eevee camp based off what I see below though.
I have certain doubts that such an amount of planning goes into many players' scum play (planning to make a townie look like scum in case you flip), and in particular I don't think it is something scum!Eevee would do.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: May 23, 2017, 05:17:32 am »

I really don't like how Dylan got on the Reggie wagon, and I like even less that, knowing he was behind (but being aware enough to ask if he should unvote), he didn't do anything. How would it have hurt to actually unvote if he was unsure? Especially because he never gave anything that suggested super confidence in the vote placement to begin with.

Vote: Dylan for now. This may change as I continue my trek through the wagon - but it's definitely high up on my scum read right now.
I don't think there's much to say about Dylan's Reggie vote, it seems like pressure mostly. As to how it would have hurt to unvote: In general it's always better to have your vote placed somewhere than not because it moves the game forward.

I know I thought Dylan might be scummy lurking during D1, but then I reread and there's a note in my QT saying he's town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 23, 2017, 05:19:54 am »

Also, in general, I don't like how much he posts conclusions and compared to how little he asks questions. I mean, it's easy to solve something when you already know the answers.
From what I recall (though I just played a single game with him before and that was some 4 years ago), that is just his playstyle.

SirMartin

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: May 23, 2017, 07:41:15 am »

/tag

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: May 23, 2017, 07:41:57 am »

Fancy rebuttal

I do not trust the way that you are able to put a super-complentary-towards-yourself spin on everything related to you. The effect is suspicious, because you are taking something you DID, vote for Reggie with a case that looked strong and lead to his lynch, without actually being ON that lynch -- and then you are trying to take all the scumminess away with things that you have SAID-your supposed townie motivations for your actions.

I fully admit that your rebuttal appears stronger than my case. But the fact that I feel verbally outmatched does nothing to derail the strength of my conviction. I should have stuck with this yesterday:

Vote: Galzria

I don't want to let this guy Sherlock town into the dirt.

At least until something more convincing comes along, I'm sticking with it today.

Cue the hordes of people who will join me on this sensible quest.

Given my lack of time, I will respond to things I notice as I go.

On this, the way you feel about Galzria's post, is exactly the way everyone felt back when Galzria played regularly.  He's the sweet talker + smartest guy in the room a lot of the time.  It used to hurt him when he was town back then, since scum!galz would use it to win and then we'd just not trust him.

All that to say it's less alignment-indicative than we'd like.  Given he's been away for a long time and someone who's never played with him before noticed it, that at least confirms he's not a doppelgänger.

I think the key to catching scum!Galz was always reading between the lines; his posts will sweet-talk you or impress you into submission, so ignore the language and break down what he's saying into humanspeak.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: May 23, 2017, 07:51:45 am »

O seems super different from his D1 presentation.  Everyone so far seems the same.

How so? I don't disagree but I'd like elaboration regardless.

The easy answer is presence, I guess, but it's not really complete or indicative of my thinking.  On Day 1 you made a big...effort?  deal?...to both let everyone know what you used to be like and how you are different now.  And other than the odd Awaclus interaction (which I'll chalk up to first-time Awaclus exposure (congrats, you are vaccinated now)), you were basically what you said you were going to be. 

On top of that, D1 you were one of the most vocal, active players moving the game along, and generally town read (which made you uncomfortable). 

D2, you've clearly been less active.  You've also been less...nice?  The sarcasm dial has been turned up, at least (with your reaction to the softclaim argument, for example).

You could just be sitting back and letting someone else do the heavy lifting for awhile, which is acceptable.  You could just not be trying as hard to make whatever change you were trying to make on D1.  Or it could be nothing.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 23, 2017, 08:14:35 am »

O seems super different from his D1 presentation.  Everyone so far seems the same.

How so? I don't disagree but I'd like elaboration regardless.

The easy answer is presence, I guess, but it's not really complete or indicative of my thinking.  On Day 1 you made a big...effort?  deal?...to both let everyone know what you used to be like and how you are different now.  And other than the odd Awaclus interaction (which I'll chalk up to first-time Awaclus exposure (congrats, you are vaccinated now)), you were basically what you said you were going to be. 

On top of that, D1 you were one of the most vocal, active players moving the game along, and generally town read (which made you uncomfortable). 

D2, you've clearly been less active.  You've also been less...nice?  The sarcasm dial has been turned up, at least (with your reaction to the softclaim argument, for example).

You could just be sitting back and letting someone else do the heavy lifting for awhile, which is acceptable.  You could just not be trying as hard to make whatever change you were trying to make on D1.  Or it could be nothing.

I agree with most of this except the lurking... not gonna postcount it but I think I've maintained a similar % of total posts, but everyone else is lurking a bit harder than yesterday. I don't think anything substantive has been said since the early part of today at all... at least my minimal reads haven't really changed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 23, 2017, 09:07:46 am »

I wouldn't (and didn't) say you were lurking, just that you seem less active D2 so far than you were D1.  You were quick to respond, for example, to my post, but haven't been commenting on others in-between as you would have been yesterday.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 23, 2017, 09:19:42 am »

Vote Count 2.3

Cuzz (2): faust, AndrewisFTTW
mcmcsalot (1):  Jimmmmm
sudgy (1): The_Wine_Merchant
O (1): Awaclus
AndrewisFTTW (3): Cuzz, pingpongsam, 2.71828....
SpaceAnemone (4): LaLight, O, Eevee, Dylan32
The_Wine_Merchant (1): sudgy
Dylan23 (1): Galzria
Galzria (1): iguanaiguana
LaLight (1): RoadRunner7671

Not Voting (4): SpaceAnemone, mcmcsalot, ashersky, JaketheBaseballGod22

With 20 alive it takes just 10 to lynch. Day 2 ends on Sunday, May 28th, at 11:00 AM Forum Time.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 23, 2017, 09:21:03 am »

I think the key to catching scum!Galz was always reading between the lines; his posts will sweet-talk you or impress you into submission, so ignore the language and break down what he's saying into humanspeak.

Frustrating response if you are trying to tell me that I didn't do that because I feel like that is the kernel of my case - his supposed reasoning is plausible but no amount of reasoning can explain away scummy waggoneering, especially if the person has a reputation for being able to talk himself out of anything.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.