Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 419401 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 1
« Reply #875 on: May 17, 2017, 12:10:05 pm »

Awaclus is town
Ppe whatevs
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 17, 2017, 12:10:09 pm »

quote significantly shortened

I think at the moment I'm definitely happy with my vote on Reggie. The weird interaction between him and Gkreig early, followed by his tunneling of TWM with no rhyme or reason, plus the "I had previously said I would be basing my reads off of something superficial" - which to my knowledge was never said in thread are enough for me at this time.

To make reads easier, from this point until an undisclosed later time, I will automatically be scumreading anyone who votes gkrieg and townreading anyone who votes pps.

That doesn't do anything to lessen j reggies strange fascination for gkrieg this game. Crafting arbitrary means to establish reads also relieves you of actually having to create reads that you can be held accountable for later.

My experiment with the TWM wagon had some results, probably haven't let it sit long enough to really get better results, but I will join galzria with

Vote: J Reggie
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #877 on: May 17, 2017, 12:10:49 pm »

Please people, you're not going to convince Awaclus that he's wrong and you not posting isn't going to convince people that he's right. This is the definition of gumming up the thread.

Telling your scum partners to stop being so obviously O's scum partners?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- Night 0; Bidding Phase; PM for Spec QT
« Reply #878 on: May 17, 2017, 12:13:01 pm »

Vote Count 1.7

LaLight (1): SpaceAnemone,
mcmcsalot (4): gkrieg, LaLight, JaketheBaseballGod22, The_Wine_Merchant
2.71828 (1): AndrewisFTTW
ashersky (1): iguanaiguana
J Reggie (2): Galzria, 2.7128....
The_Wine_Merchant (5): J Reggie, ashersky, Dylan32, sudgy, mcmcsalot
Awaclus (1): O
sudgy (1): faust
O (1): Awaclus
iguanaiguana (1): Cuzz
AndrewisFTTW (2): pingpongsam, Eevee

Not Voting (3): Calamitas, RoadRunner, Jimmmm,

With 23 alive it takes just 10 to lynch. Day 1 ends on Tuesday, May 23, at 10:00 AM Forum Time.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 17, 2017, 12:13:22 pm »

Awaclus, are you a Werewolf?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 17, 2017, 12:13:31 pm »

quote significantly shortened

I think at the moment I'm definitely happy with my vote on Reggie. The weird interaction between him and Gkreig early, followed by his tunneling of TWM with no rhyme or reason, plus the "I had previously said I would be basing my reads off of something superficial" - which to my knowledge was never said in thread are enough for me at this time.

To make reads easier, from this point until an undisclosed later time, I will automatically be scumreading anyone who votes gkrieg and townreading anyone who votes pps.

That doesn't do anything to lessen j reggies strange fascination for gkrieg this game. Crafting arbitrary means to establish reads also relieves you of actually having to create reads that you can be held accountable for later.

My experiment with the TWM wagon had some results, probably haven't let it sit long enough to really get better results, but I will join galzria with

Vote: J Reggie

I mean really more people should just be obsessed with me honestly

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 17, 2017, 12:13:50 pm »

J Reggie, where in this quote that you're saying it exists, did you say "I will be basing my reads off of something superficial"?

Because what you're saying NOW is that the above quote IS "I had previously said I would be basing my reads off of something superficial" - which it's not. At all.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 17, 2017, 12:15:17 pm »

O +10 people agreeing make 11. Awaclus said there will be 4 townies; 7 scums. 5 mafia and 2 werewolves. The only way to know is to be a werewolf

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 17, 2017, 12:16:29 pm »

J Reggie, where in this quote that you're saying it exists, did you say "I will be basing my reads off of something superficial"?

Because what you're saying NOW is that the above quote IS "I had previously said I would be basing my reads off of something superficial" - which it's not. At all.

He was saying that the condition he was basing reads on (votes on those two people) was a superficial condition.  Really, that seems pretty straightforward.

That being said, I just reread J Reggie, and there just wasn't a ton there. A few decent posts, but nothing that makes me not ok with Vote: J Reggie

PPE 1
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 17, 2017, 12:16:41 pm »

vote: Awaclus

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #885 on: May 17, 2017, 12:17:11 pm »

Have you never played with Awaclus?

That's a good question, actually. LaLight of all people should know how effective my scumhunting technique is, given that I've read him correctly every single time.

That was not the point. Point was why then you don't think Cuzz is town who agrees with O and why the hell you know there would be exactly 4 townies?

Well, there can be 5 mafia and 1 SK, so out of 10 people agreeing with O, that would leave us with 4 townies. Any game in which a townie agrees with O is already a very unfavorable situation so I'm going to leave those situations out of consideration.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 17, 2017, 12:17:46 pm »

vote: JReggie

back tracking to make up what he thought he found me scummy for.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 17, 2017, 12:17:52 pm »

Please people, you're not going to convince Awaclus that he's wrong and you not posting isn't going to convince people that he's right. This is the definition of gumming up the thread.

That almost auto-corrected badly...

If Awaclus is gumming up the thread with nonsense, we should just lynch him for his """anti-town""" behavior, whatever that means.

And if being "anti-town" and rude is his standard townie behavior, I have no problem metagaming and policy lynching. Just as Awaclus has no apparently problem policy lynching anyone who pricks his ego, which is the only answer left given how desperately specious his arguments have been.

"Just ignore Awaclus" is a dumb sentiment when we can just lynch him instead.

That being said, I'm also incredibly willing to lynch anyone who has complained about "gumming up the thread" substantially, since that's just about as patently ridiculous IMO.

oh no how can I find imaginary scumslips and instill WIFOM into RVS votes if people are talking in a mafia game, the horror.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #888 on: May 17, 2017, 12:18:16 pm »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 17, 2017, 12:19:20 pm »

To be clear - I think the quote IS "basing reads off of something superficial" - but that's not what I'm questioning here. What I'm questioning is the fact that you claim to have SAID that you would be basing reads off of something superficial, which you never did - unless it was in a QT. And the fact that you followed up this supposed statement with actually DOING it, and are now trying to claim that the act of doing it is the equivalent of saying it is scummy.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #890 on: May 17, 2017, 12:19:33 pm »

And if being "anti-town" and rude is his standard townie behavior

No, this is as pro-town as anyone can possibly be.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #891 on: May 17, 2017, 12:19:37 pm »

I arbitrarily decided that pps was scum before he posted anything and then later decided gkrieg was town, and proceeded to say I would base reads off of that. That seems pretty superficial.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 17, 2017, 12:20:00 pm »

And if being "anti-town" and rude is his standard townie behavior

No, this is as pro-town as anyone can possibly be.

we have always been at war with Eastasia

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 17, 2017, 12:21:15 pm »

I am now slightly less likely to vote O purely to keep someone who is quoting 1984 alive
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #894 on: May 17, 2017, 12:21:57 pm »

To be clear - I think the quote IS "basing reads off of something superficial" - but that's not what I'm questioning here. What I'm questioning is the fact that you claim to have SAID that you would be basing reads off of something superficial, which you never did - unless it was in a QT. And the fact that you followed up this supposed statement with actually DOING it, and are now trying to claim that the act of doing it is the equivalent of saying it is scummy.

I really don't understand where you're getting lost here. I said I would be doing something, then later I said I was doing that but used different words.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 17, 2017, 12:29:28 pm »

I really don't understand where you're getting lost here. I said I would be doing something, then later I said I was doing that but used different words.

Because to me, this is what I see:

(Somewhere town can't see) J Reggie: "I'm going to be basing my reads off of something superficial"

----------

(In Game) J Reggie: Bases Reads off of something superficial
(In Game) J Reggie: "I said I was going to be basing my reads off of something superficial"

That follows much more to me than:

(In Game) J Reggie: Bases reads off something superficial
(In Game) J Reggie: "I said I was going to be basing my reads off something superficial"
(In Game) J Reggie: *The act of me basing my reads off of something superficial is the same as me saying that I was going to do it*

The second example just doesn't follow to me. It's putting the cart before the horse.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 17, 2017, 12:32:00 pm »

Update on lynch pool removals:

RR
LaLight
TWM
iguana
O
mcmc
Andrew
ash
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 17, 2017, 12:32:10 pm »

I'm happy to lynch Awaclus, Roadrunner or J Reggie but at the same time I disagree with most of the other people's reasoning for those people (Galzrias for J Reggie, LaLights for Awaclus...)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 17, 2017, 12:32:36 pm »

I like what Galzria is doing with J Reggie.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 17, 2017, 12:33:48 pm »

I don't think Awaclus has done anything so far that would be alignment-indicative.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 181  All

Page created in 2.276 seconds with 20 queries.