Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 419232 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 1
« Reply #775 on: May 17, 2017, 11:07:15 am »

as for M99:

You can feel free to object to it. It's not against the rules, however.

I reject the notion that Awaclus is different day one there from here.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 17, 2017, 11:07:37 am »

I want to tunnel Gkrieg as he's been seemingly the hardest hunting early on, which i think is a scumread.
It's a good point, especially for gkrieg. He usually takes a while to get going as town.

This game has already been pretty involved up to this point.  Usually it takes me a while to get going because I have other games, or I'm a VT so I've only posted /in and /confirm.  This game already had me post a bunch of stuff in my QT.

Who else is in your QT?

My scum partner Robz. But seriously I have 30 posts in there and that is more than when I have a PR at the end of a normal game (just to say it now, this isn't a slip on whether I have a PR in this game)

I don't understand why you have brought this here. at all.

PPE: 2

Uh because I was asked a question?

I mean.. talking about QTs is something on the edge for me as "sometimes-mod". It's dangerous. Maybe it's just me.

Well, I feel like I need to elaborate. Talking about QTs is a strong weapon because me, myself, tend to believe that a person wouldn't lie about such a matter. It's metagame. And if you are lying about your QT it just feels wrong. That's why I would better never talk about the QTs.

PPE: 4
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 17, 2017, 11:08:16 am »

Space, lalaight, and iguana will you do a reread of just twm and if you want me as well and then post your conclusions. I find all of you towny, and I find all of your votes in bad places.

On the other hand space if you would like to do a lalight reread and explain why you find him scummy I'll take that as well.

Eevee, jimm, 2.7, Gkrieg, still want you to weigh in on O (whose not ozzle, so I know less about him then I thought)

My LL vote was RVS. But even if it wasn't, the beauty of it being my vote is that you don't get a say in how valid it is. I also get alarm bells when players try to police others' play quite that much.

I'll have more time for reading later.. I'm at work from about 5am-2pm+ forum time, and in general this week that means being too busy to keep up with the thread during work hours, except maybe on a lunch break. Sorry if that's annoying for people :-(

Huh. PPE 61... that's what I get for trying to respond from work.
Hey space got strangely defense of me calling them out. I simple saw your vote on lalight whom I was viewing towny and hadn't heard from you in awhile so I was giving you something to discuss and hoping your vote could be added to a wagon that is currently relevant. I get alarm bells when players get defensive about explaining their votes. Would possibly vote space.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 17, 2017, 11:09:55 am »

is mcmcmc always this serious-yet-undevoted to these wagons he tries to create?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 17, 2017, 11:09:57 am »

Space, lalaight, and iguana will you do a reread of just twm and if you want me as well and then post your conclusions. I find all of you towny, and I find all of your votes in bad places.

On the other hand space if you would like to do a lalight reread and explain why you find him scummy I'll take that as well.

Eevee, jimm, 2.7, Gkrieg, still want you to weigh in on O (whose not ozzle, so I know less about him then I thought)

My LL vote was RVS. But even if it wasn't, the beauty of it being my vote is that you don't get a say in how valid it is. I also get alarm bells when players try to police others' play quite that much.

I'll have more time for reading later.. I'm at work from about 5am-2pm+ forum time, and in general this week that means being too busy to keep up with the thread during work hours, except maybe on a lunch break. Sorry if that's annoying for people :-(

Huh. PPE 61... that's what I get for trying to respond from work.
Hey space got strangely defense of me calling them out. I simple saw your vote on lalight whom I was viewing towny and hadn't heard from you in awhile so I was giving you something to discuss and hoping your vote could be added to a wagon that is currently relevant. I get alarm bells when players get defensive about explaining their votes. Would possibly vote space.

I think that has proven to be townie for them actually. For once in my life I don't want to lynch Space!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: May 17, 2017, 11:10:31 am »

Okay so I don't care if I'm going to get crap. We should soft deadline ourselves. This is going to be insane if it continues till the real deadline. I'm not trying to cut things short but it's Day 1 and there lots of conversations that I don't think are being. Helpful.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 17, 2017, 11:10:56 am »

I want to tunnel Gkrieg as he's been seemingly the hardest hunting early on, which i think is a scumread.
It's a good point, especially for gkrieg. He usually takes a while to get going as town.

This game has already been pretty involved up to this point.  Usually it takes me a while to get going because I have other games, or I'm a VT so I've only posted /in and /confirm.  This game already had me post a bunch of stuff in my QT.

Who else is in your QT?

My scum partner Robz. But seriously I have 30 posts in there and that is more than when I have a PR at the end of a normal game (just to say it now, this isn't a slip on whether I have a PR in this game)

I don't understand why you have brought this here. at all.

PPE: 2

Uh because I was asked a question?

I mean.. talking about QTs is something on the edge for me as "sometimes-mod". It's dangerous. Maybe it's just me.

Well, I feel like I need to elaborate. Talking about QTs is a strong weapon because me, myself, tend to believe that a person wouldn't lie about such a matter. It's metagame. And if you are lying about your QT it just feels wrong. That's why I would better never talk about the QTs.

PPE: 4

I mean it was just to show that I'm more invested in this game than I normally am at this stage in a game.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 17, 2017, 11:11:42 am »

Okay so I don't care if I'm going to get crap. We should soft deadline ourselves. This is going to be insane if it continues till the real deadline. I'm not trying to cut things short but it's Day 1 and there lots of conversations that I don't think are being. Helpful.
Best way to do that is get bigger wagons. So back to vote: mcmc
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 17, 2017, 11:11:56 am »

I think there are enough people on right now to get a lynch through. I'm not too worried about getting a lynch through.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 17, 2017, 11:11:59 am »

What kind of soft deadline do you mean?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #785 on: May 17, 2017, 11:14:10 am »

I was already thinking mcmc and TWM were scum partners and then mcmc scumslipped. So yeah.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 17, 2017, 11:14:25 am »

You were already back on me. Remember your biased and think everything I do is scummy so you are already voting me.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 17, 2017, 11:14:49 am »

I don't think soft deadlines are effective. I'd be willing to help you speed things along by hammering like half the people here, though.

Hmm, to try and make myself more scummy I'll ask this question: should we try and metagame around Hammer Hero in the slightest?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 17, 2017, 11:15:01 am »

I was already thinking mcmc and TWM were scum partners and then mcmc scumslipped. So yeah.

Please please give a quote if you're going to allege a scumslip which is barely ever even a thing.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 17, 2017, 11:15:06 am »

Eevee, 2.7, Gkrieg, Jim. What do you guys think about my recent thoughts on ozzle? Do you think he is pushing people to speculate so scum knows what townies may or may not have high draft slots. Or do you think he is just trying to find scum the best way he knows how?
I find the nickname confusing!

I'm not getting the scum vibes you are describing, I think he isn just trying to get the game moving and hunt for scum. O always had an unconventional style. I would give him a day 1 pass for activity alone.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #790 on: May 17, 2017, 11:15:09 am »

I'm pretty null on o right now. I'm not sure where these town reads are coming from.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 17, 2017, 11:16:03 am »

I mean giving ourselves like two more days and saying we have to lynch by then. That way it forces lurkers to catch-up, they know there wont be 90 more pages to d1, and we can start having discusioins with results.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 17, 2017, 11:16:13 am »

I've asked Awaclus to watch his use of certain words. Please PM me individually with any concerns.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 17, 2017, 11:16:19 am »

I don't think soft deadlines are effective. I'd be willing to help you speed things along by hammering like half the people here, though.

Hmm, to try and make myself more scummy I'll ask this question: should we try and metagame around Hammer Hero in the slightest?

I think it is more likely to be taken by scum right?  So that would mean we don't want them to get the hammer, so we should make sure different people get it every time.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 17, 2017, 11:16:34 am »

Innocent Child? We don't appear to have one? How worried should we be about mafia with a 2-shot vig?

vote: twm
Sheep vote:twm
This was my original vote for twm very early. Just like why I voted for O, I felt twm was trying to get town to leak info.

Okay, I agree here.

vote: The_Wine_Merchant

Serious vote.

Is anybody else no longer able to automatically bold on mobile?
Not OMGUSing. But when people have to specify if it is a serious vote, that is suspicious. Why would anyone think this wasn't a serious vote?

Doesn't the same logic apply to saying not OMGUSing that wasn't suspicious but you hope people think it is and are using poor logic, scummy all around.
Then there was this interaction which I find twm trying to come up with a reason to vote jreggie, he classically didn't outright call jreggie scummy, just suspicious. (This is something I told twm to do in our first mafia game together, let townies enhance your case for you)

I don't know if I myself would call someone scummy for such a matter. I call people suspicious as town, there is also a FoS existing (yeah, I know no one uses it but I have seen it even in this game). You are just strict on wording for some reason. And this reason is justifying your vote after everyone stopped voting TWM for fishing info from your first post.

This seems like scummy TWM, which means that he is town.  Just like look at his newbie game.  He has a CRAZY different tone when he is scum compared to town.

Everyone brings up newbie mafia twm what about the game me and him were mafia together. I think this looks a hell of a lot like scum twm.

How does it look like scum TWM?

I think scum twm tries to kick do some semi aggressive scumhunting which he appeared to try to do(can't grab quotes at work) and especially the post he made calling jreggie scummy for referring to his own vote as serious. It was taking a small thing and calling it "suspicious" which isn't outright calling him scummy so hopefully other townies flood behind twm and start voting jreggie.
this is were I explain my reasons.

mcmc did something townie. I don't remember what it was. Oh wait. I liked that he said we should take notes (maybe if I had taken notes I would have remembered that easier). Sure anyone can suggest it for towncred, I acknowledge that but he gets towncred anyway.

So, vote: sudgy

I'll sheep faust
This felt like a scummy way for twm to back off of me because my lynch wasn't going anywhere it's not damning but then add in his return to my wagon and his inability to explain what is and isn't scummy about me. Also the sudgy vote is silly.
Isn't that the very same thing you have done with O? And PPE: with Space?

Back to Vote: mcmc
I don't want to tunnel, I specifically remember a game where I found liopoil(someone I was scum with his first time) scummy early day one and I confirmation biased everything from them on and he turned out to be town.

But man this looks like you gave up pushing me because it wasn't going to work out for you(the votes didn't come for me and they stayed on you). Your reason for unvoting me was because I told people to write stuff down with is as you pointed out pro-town but not towny. Now I explain why setup speculation is really bad for town on day 1 which is also pro-town but not towny and you decide to vote me again.

Can you give me your reasoning for re voting me, like what exactly you found scummy about my recent posts?
I have confirmation bias and everything you are doing is scummy to me.
Proof of inability to explain his own read.
That's the one I also agree with, but he may just be frustrated. Or joking. I don't think this is a reason to tunnel.
Full twm case.

Ppe like 25

responses in bold purple

PPE: 1010
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: May 17, 2017, 11:16:55 am »

I'm pretty null on o right now. I'm not sure where these town reads are coming from.

1. activity 2. scum are plotting something involving lynching me a later day by finding me overly innocent today, i can taste it.

actually that's a pretty contrived and over the top scum plot and probably isnt the case.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 17, 2017, 11:17:32 am »

You were already back on me. Remember your biased and think everything I do is scummy so you are already voting me.
I went to Awaclus for a bit.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 17, 2017, 11:17:38 am »

I mean giving ourselves like two more days and saying we have to lynch by then. That way it forces lurkers to catch-up, they know there wont be 90 more pages to d1, and we can start having discusioins with results.

Or it gives them a pass to say nothing all of D1, since apparently Never Lynch Lurkers Ever is the policy around here now.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 17, 2017, 11:17:48 am »

Please point it out. I'm 100% town I'll clear up anything. That being said my boss just arrived so posting untill five pm forum time will be much much less.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #799 on: May 17, 2017, 11:18:03 am »

Please please give a quote if you're going to allege a scumslip which is barely ever even a thing.

It's a giant wall of text and I'm on mobile, but he implied that they've had more than one game as mafia together. I haven't actually been paying much attention to recent games, but is that true? And I'd like to see mcmc's response to this.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 181  All

Page created in 2.889 seconds with 21 queries.